PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage Stats?

zephiros
2010-07-17, 04:25 PM
What would be the stats to focus on for a swordsage, in order of importance?

mrcarter11
2010-07-17, 04:27 PM
I personally use Dex, Wis, Con, Str, Int, Cha.. But that's just me..

Eldariel
2010-07-17, 04:27 PM
Depends. You can be:

- Str/Dex/Wis/Con á la Monk
- Dex/Wis/Con
- Wis/Dex/Con

and Int/Dex/Con if you're allowed to use Kung-Fu Genius/Carmendine Monk. If you're not Unarmed, Str/Dex/Wis gets more useful since you can use armor to mitigate the need for exceedingly high Dex. Still, SS generally prefers focusing on either Dex or Wis, though each of the stats is doable.

zephiros
2010-07-17, 04:29 PM
Probably taking weapon finesse. Or the feat that lets you use Wis modifier on dmg/attack rolls (forget the name, if anyone knows?)

I dunno if that makes a difference to strength priority?

Also,not multiclassing.

Eldariel
2010-07-17, 04:37 PM
Weapon Finesse/Shadow Blade for Dex-focus, Intuitive Attack and using the Insightful Strikes class feature (focusing on few schools and maybe getting Pounce so you can full attack on certain Charge maneuvers allowing for "Wis to damage" on everywhere) for Wis-focus. Both can benefit of Str as a secondary damage stat tho arguably Shadow Blade isn't supposed to give it (RAW says it does tho; Insightful Strikes unambiguously does tho you can also combine it with Dex by taking Shadow Blade also). None for Str-focus. Extremely simple, really. Dex has Setting Sun open as does Str, Wis is v. good with Shadow Hand on the other hand. Just general guidelines; having multiple highs is obviously possible.