PDA

View Full Version : Ishka Game, Worker's Revolt, IC

shaddy_24
2010-07-17, 05:57 PM
Worker's Revolt

The day cycle is just beginning in most of the city as you each approach the warehouses on the edge of the Necropolis. Five of them, used for temporary holding of materials destined for the Necropolis, Everdark, the Temple District and the nearby Commons. Almost everything passes through these five buildings; food, equipment for the various police and guard forces, holy items for the temples, supplies for local stores, and it's even rumoured the Alliance sometimes uses them to smuggle contraband in or out of the area. Workers are getting into fights though. Work isn't getting done, and it has has affected everyone in the nearby districts for the past two weeks. The union boss was finally forced to call you in.

Each of you was recommended directly to the supervisor, either because of your excellent diplomatic skills, your fighting talents (though he'd much rather you didn't show them off) or your connection with one of the local police forces. He never wanted you on this job. Most of these problems tend to be the result of one or two workers, who get some minor leadership position among the crew and use that to drive their own prejudice. The problem sorts itself out either when the worker loses interest or when they're caught and fired.

You're arriving at around 7:00, just half an hour before the biggest shift change of the day. The shifts work in staggered 8 hour schedules, with two crews working at any given time. Every 4 hours one of the crews changes shifts, while the other keeps working to cover for the lost time. Mornings are always busy for the warehouses, though they usually work all night to accomidate those that don't like the light. The biggest crew goes on shift at 7:30, and the supervisor wants you there so you have the largest possible group of workers to talk to.

It's drawing towards 7 now as you approach the supervisor's office, located in a building just half a block away from the warehouses themselves. Others are approaching too, and you assume that they're the others hired for this job.

Feel free to introduce and describe yourselves here. If you have any questions about what you're being hired to do or the situation in general, don't hesitate to ask. If you want any special events to have occured before the start of the game (meetings with bosses, etc), go ahead and post them or PM me and I'll play it out with you.

ForzaFiori
2010-07-17, 07:10 PM
Baldor wills himself into full tangibility as the others arrive. As they do, he introduces his self, and offers each a handshake. Hi. I'm Baldor Svenson. I take it your here to help with the union problem as well?

Felyndiira
2010-07-17, 09:50 PM
Serin Rosier:

I could see the clouds hanging over the necropolis. It's really no different from any other city once you're accustomed to the absence of a rising sun, not much different from how they're little different from you or I. They passed by me now; workers of the living and of the dead. You could see a few stains of flesh and torn tendons, but their eyes just blinked at me and they went away. They went back to their busy lives, just like us.

I've frequently been within the premises; after all, as a cleric and devoted of Saint Kenrik, I was an excellent tool for anyone who really wanted a good relation with the undead city and had the will to approach me. Still, it might just be me, although no matter how many times I come here, I can't shake off the feeling of estrangement from the fact that not many of its citizens know me. Why would they? It's perfectly logical for them to be focused around their own busy lives, unfettered by the ventures of some minor celebrity a number of nations away, but I guess I'm a bit spoiled by the way the Republic treats me. A few performances in the Republic, a few invitations to speak at rope-ball, and you really start getting used to the special treatment; it feels almost, well, lonely to finally be just another one of the every-people.

A starry-eyed, barely teenage child attempting such a crucial task, standing at the forefront of an army of skeletons and walking corpses - it's quite a special sight, if you could see it. It's such a spectacle that I have a hard time imagining it myself, as I do every other time I was to act as an envoy for the Necropolis. I'd get a resounding every time I go back to my employer with a successful contract in hand, sometimes when negotiations were not quite as successful and sometimes when there's no negotiations going on at all. "I really can't believe that I'm speaking to a child star," they'd laugh, and I'd give them a blank look before I finally realize that they were talking about me; I could never get used to the fact that I'm still only thirteen years old.

I'm only 4'10", too, at an age when most girls are growing like an elf. You know, a midget with a pretty voice, with a fluffy brown hair cut a bit shorter than most girls my age, who's almost always seen with a scarf and a decidedly unflattering blouse and dress. Most of the others were taller: a rather pretty elf, a person composed vaguely from water, and one from air; I was almost surprised that there were two that I bested in height. Halflings should not have been a surprise, but I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with scrolls and numbers. I must be afflicted with paranoia.

One of the halflings was going around now. He was greeting everyone with a rather charming voice - at least to me - and offered me a handshake. His hands were rather cold for such a charming face; it reminded me almost of Saint Krenik, when his hands calmed my heart and transformed me into his servant. His hands were cold in the wisp of a dream, too, although it was a sort of a warming cold, full of kindness and some sort of guiding light that nudged me not to condemn the world - to realize that life is a wonderful journey. Perhaps if I can meet him again...ah, I'm digressing again; how silly of me to so suddenly lose sight of my task.

"I'm Serin. Nice to meet you," I replied with a sheepish laugh. It is necessary to begin every first impression with a friendly voice and a warm smile.

Zipding
2010-07-17, 11:49 PM
Intheras
A moderatly tall elf with grey skin and bright white hair is seen striding through the crown of workers. Most of the workers ignore him as they continue their work. He casually walks through, watching the workers and sighing heavily. As he gets closer, everything else becomes visible. He is wearing a dark leather robe that appears to be made of pure shadows. As he approaches Baldor, Serin and the others, he appears to be scratching the back of his head and sighing.
"Well, it looks like I'm not the only one here. My name is Intheras, a field agent for the Lurkers," he introduces himself. "Why my boss wants me hear, I don't really know, maybe it's because this problem is right next to the Everdark."

Parlity
2010-07-18, 05:53 AM
Allie

A humanoid air elemental floats overhead. Bubbly goggles hang in front of her helmeted head without visible means of support. A loose rainbow-colored shirt, a green and black cape, and bandoleers cover her torso.

She shakes Baldor's hand weakly. "A pleasure to meet you. I am here to help with the union problem. My name is Allie."

ForzaFiori
2010-07-18, 06:45 AM
The introductions over, Baldor allows his body to fade back into it's normal incorporealness, releasing the strain on his mind. Well, aren't we a diverse crew. I suppose that will come in handy when dealing with others. It will be hard to find someone who can't relate to their problem. Baldor says. Though he is standing near you, his voice sounds almost as if it is coming from a long distance, and you can see through him now, where you couldn't a few seconds earlier.

tonberryking
2010-07-18, 09:34 AM
It's actually hard to refer to Dota as a "person" given that she looks very little like a humanoid. Her wedge shaped head, vaguely canine, vaguely serpentine, looks about curiously, her aqua body reflecting light oddly, though her armor seems normal enough. She's not much taller than the human girl but her arms look large enough to tote around an intricate sledge hammer crafted for combat, as well as a 'heart' shaped shield nearly as tall as her body from the hips up. As side from two upside down "V"s painted on the armor, where her heart would be were she human, her armaments don't identify if she's from any sort of regiment or mercenary company.

"This the place with the worker problems?" she asks, voice implying gender as she blinks her large aquamarine eyes around. It gives her an ironic child-like countenance.

ForzaFiori
2010-07-18, 10:17 AM
Indeed it is. Judging from your attire and weaponry, I'd say your yet another of our gallant effort to stop the problem Baldor says to the water creature. My name is Baldor. I'd offer to shake your hand, but I've just gone back incorporeal, and making the transition to many times leaves me with a headache. he finishes, with a sheepish smile.

tonberryking
2010-07-19, 11:43 AM
"Name's Dota," she explains, shifting the maul's weight on her shoulder, "I'mma mercer, so you don't hafta worry about who hired me, but just know I'm the one who goes up in the fore front. So we're together on this, the lay's that people keep getting in fights, keeps people from moving trade around?" Dota isn't sure, as her expression reads, why this requires outside help, beyond maybe thinking that someone she's supposed to help quell is a giant of a fighter.

"Who're we suppose ta talk to about this?"

shaddy_24
2010-07-19, 09:37 PM
You all introduce yourselves to one another as you move towards the supervisor's office. Moving inside, you find a small building with several offices down a central hallway. The head supervisor's office is at the end of the hall, his name, Silin Terivalis, on a small metal plaque.. The door opens seconds after you open it, and a thin half-elf looks out at you. "Well, thank you for arriving so promptly. If you'll come in, we can get to work." The office is pretty bare, with only half a dozen chairs of various styles and sizes in front of a plain wooden desk. He waits for each of you to enter and sit down.

Parlity
2010-07-19, 09:43 PM
Allie flies into the room and floats over the chair furthest inside. She turns her bubbly-goggled head to Silin.

ForzaFiori
2010-07-19, 09:58 PM
Baldor enters the room, standing behind the chairs. I would prefer to remain standing if you don't mind sir. That way I can concentrate on our job, and not staying on top of the chair rather than in it.

Felyndiira
2010-07-20, 08:07 AM
Serin simply follows the halfling ghost, and seats herself in one of the chairs near the back. She studied the supervisor with a faint smile, though she was content to fade into the background and let the others answer for her, for now.

The Anarresti
2010-07-20, 08:31 PM
The door behind everyone bangs open, and a tall, wiry humanoid busts through the now open doorway. He is dressed in an intricate entertainer's outfit, of glowing yellows, bright whites and electric blues. He wears a tattered kaki turban wound around his head, shaggy white hair poking out around the bottom. His eyes are as solidly blue as a pair of robin's eggs.
He stands with his hands clasped on his knees for a few seconds, catching his breath. He raises a hand:
"Sorry I'm late," he says, in a resonant tenor with just the slightest hint of exotic Outsider voice-echo. He walks past Serin, reaches out a hand, tustles her hair and growls something in a glottal, dignified language. [Draconic] "Hey kid, how yah been? What're you doing here?"
Then, turning to the room at large, he sits cross-legged on the air, about three feet off the ground. He takes a stubby ivory pipe out of an unseen pocket, along with a small tin of leaf and a tinder twig. He packs a healthy pinch into his pipe, lights it and sticks it in the corner of his mouth.
"So, what did I miss?" he asks, before puffing on his pipe. Red-brown smoke jets out of his nostrils, shrouding the area around his head in a haze that smells not unlike cinnamon.

Felyndiira
2010-07-20, 09:39 PM
"(I'm surprised they dragged you into this as well,)" she whispered, likewise in Draconic. Then, switching back to common, she quickly added with a smile, "oh, we're just being seated. You came at a right time, Mister Storyteller."

shaddy_24
2010-07-20, 10:29 PM
Silin jumps as the door slams open again. He settles down again as Abi identifies himself. "Okay. I guess we can start for now." Glancing over each of you, he shuffles through a pile of papers. "This isn't a serious matter. We've had problems with the workers before. But there are some differences here. Usually the unrest only lasts a few days, maybe a week. This unfortunate situation has been ongoing for nearly three. And I can't figure out why. Usually the culprits are easy to identify. A single worker, maybe a few, who are connected to each event, and are usually responsible for provoking the arguments. This time, there's no connection. Fights have flared up in all of the warehouses, in all shifts, and in all areas. We've had fights among the managerial staff, haulers, portal operators, everyone's fighting. I hope that I don't need your help. I hope this situation works itself out as all the others before have. But so far it hasn't." He slumps down slightly in his chair and rubs at his eyes.

"All channels are open for you. You have permission to go anywhere, as long as you follow all safety precautions, and you can question any member of staff. I've got badges for you," he pulls out a number of small pins and places them where you can reach them, "and all managerial staff has been alerted to your objectives and has been ordered to aid your investigation in any way possible. If you have any questions for me, I'll be available to answer at almost any hour. I haven't been home for more then a week anyway. I sleep here in the office, so you should be able to find me." He pulls a large bundle of sheets out of a drawer. "This has reports on all of the altercations so far, as well as the names and work schedules of all the supervisors and managerial staff. I can't give you a full employee list, since there's just too many working here." He puts the bundle down next to the pins. "If you have any questions immediately on your mind, ask them now. If you're going to be here anyway, I might as well help out as best I can."

ForzaFiori
2010-07-21, 10:16 AM
I have a query sir. Baldor says, looking at the very material pins. Do you know of any gates to the ethereal plane nearby where I could get this badge switched over?

The Anarresti
2010-07-21, 04:51 PM
Abi-Alaku
Abi pulls his pipe out of his mouth. Smoke billows out of the hole beneath his nose as he speaks."I don't know this area very well. I was wondering if you have any suggestions you have as to where to start looking."

tonberryking
2010-07-21, 08:02 PM
Dota pokes at the pin and the papers, head tilted before she too pipes up after a long pause, possibly to avoid being interrupted by any other speaker.

"These workers and paper pushers who were actually IN the fights and stuff. Ones who started it? Were they all sacked or's there any still here who can try to explain to us what got into them to cause a ruckus?"

Zipding
2010-07-21, 08:51 PM
Intheras
The grey elf leans over and picks up the stack of papers, reading through the names of the managerial staff and supervisers.
"Sigh, well, I think that the people we should first talk with are the managers and supervisors. They probably know more than the average workers, so it's our best shot," he suggests before picking up a pin and placing it on his black leather.

Parlity
2010-07-21, 09:05 PM
Allie

She turns her goggles to Dota. "Wonderful idea." She picks up a pin and attaches it to the bandoleer across her chest. "Please tell us about your facilities and daily work. It will give us an idea of what is unusual."

shaddy_24
2010-07-21, 10:09 PM
Silin nods to each of you as you ask your questions and answers them quickly.

Baldor
"I've actually accounted for that already. Your contact mentioned that you were a ghost, so one of the supervisors, Kayton, is holding a pin for you. His office is just down the hall, and he should be in already."

Abi-Alaku
"I'm not sure. I've talked with all of the supervisors, and they didn't have any information I could use. Maybe you'll catch something that I missed. Try talking with them and work your way through the chain of command."

Dota
"There's been very few cases where we've actually been able to determine who started the fights. Both sides blame the other, and even the most impartial bystanders contradict each other. Even what magical investigation we're allowed by law hasn't come up with any conclusive answers. So most of the people involved are either on probation or temporary leave."

Allie
"Crates and packages arrive almost constantly. They're sorted out and moved to holding areas. They stay here for a few days at most, before they're picked up and sent to their final destinations. We've got supply portals, specifically designed for cargo, that connect to areas in the Merchent's district, the Necropolis, Temple District, Everdark and the Commons. Most of the supplies are sent through them, while the rest is carried on carts to where it's needed. Most of the workers are either haulers, cart drivers or portal workers. Overseers typically track where cargo's supposed to go and make sure it goes to the right area. The supervisors track who's working when and keep track of the employees. And they all report to me, who has to make the decisions that affect everything else. Just talk with the overseers, they'll let you know what to expect."

He waits to see if you have anything else to ask him.

The Anarresti
2010-07-22, 06:40 PM
Abi-Alaku
Abi puffed on his pipe for a while. Then he took it out of his mouth, blew out a couple smoke rings, and began to tell a story.
"About thirty years ago, when I was on the Air Platoon, a goblin-manned airship came into the docks. The ship had been adrift for several weeks, having been caught in a stampede of Thunder Buffalo. I was one of the members of the boarding crew. I remember flying onto the deck, with torn sails and floating spars held onto the ship by naught but the remains of the rigging. With me was a wizard, fresh out of the University, and a military man. When we went to investigate the ship, the crew wouldn't speak to us, they just skulked about belowdecks. Their captain was able to described briefly what happened, but he wouldn't speak above a whisper, and he seemed afraid of the sun, shielding his eyes and retreating to the shade. The wizard immediately began looking for traces of a curse, and the heavy stood next to him, convinced that the crew were actually ghouls, plotting to rip us limb from limb. I wondered if there was more to the story, so I opened a hatch and climbed belowdecks. So you know what I found?"
The question was rhetorical. But Abi took that moment to puff on his pipe some more, and let the tension build up.
"Dozens upon dozens of empty grog bottles. The crew was so relieved at surviving their brush with death that they drank themselves sick. The only thing wrong with crew was their pounding hangover."
Abi chuckled to himself, then realized that the man behind the desk would probably expect some point from his story.
"The point is, apparently complicated problems often have deceptively simple solutions. So don't worry, Mr. Boss Man, sir. We'll have these warehouses ticking over smoothly in no time."
Abi stuck his pipe back into his mouth, apparently pleased with himself.
[Telepathically to all PCs] I know it's weird to hear my voice in your head, so I apologize. No, don't look at me, just listen: the devil's in the details. There's probably something that the Boss Man missed, not because he didn't look carefully enough, but because he didn't look in the right place. He said to start with the overseers, that probably means he thinks the problem is apparent to the overseers, which means that route of question has been picked clean. No, talk to to people who really make the place run, that's the portal guardians. But we got to make out like we're talking to the overseers, see: catch them off guard. We just need to keep our eyes peeled as we're walking down the warehouses, and if we see anything odd, anything at all, go at that first. Never do what we say we're going to do, because if something is controlling the minds of these workers, they've got fingers in pies all over the place. So watch out.
A thought suddenly occurred to Abi. "Why don't we start now? Just talk to the inspectors as the shifts are changing, that way we get a good look at both shifts while one enters and the other leaves."

shaddy_24
2010-07-22, 10:09 PM
The head supervisor sits quietly as he listens to Abi-Alaku's story. "I hope it is as simple as you say. And that's why I wanted you to come down now. This is the biggest shift change of the day: you should be able to catch many of the overseers as they arrive or leave, and-" He's cut off by a lound bell ringing. All the blood immediately drains from his face.

"That alarm... there's something big going on!" He dodges out from behind his desk, running towards the door to his office. "Follow me! This could be very serious."

Zipding
2010-07-22, 10:36 PM
Intheras
As the CEO of this branch of warehouses goes pale at the sound of the bells, Intheras lets out a deep sigh.
"I think this problem is another fight with the workers. Do you think this could be a group of people unknown to almost everybody causing this?" he asks quietly to the others as the supervisor books it to the door. After asking, he lazily gets up and half-jogs half-walks behind the supervisor.

The Anarresti
2010-07-22, 10:42 PM
Abi-Alaku
"Given that this union boss has already tried most conventional tactics, probably," Abi replied, dropping to his feet but keeping his pipe firmly clenched between his teeth.

Parlity
2010-07-23, 01:56 AM
Allie floats out the door, keeping pace with the supervisor.

ForzaFiori
2010-07-23, 09:41 AM
We will worry about who started it when we finish breaking it up. Come on and help us make sure no one's killing anyone. Baldor says, as he follows Allie out the door.

shaddy_24
2010-07-23, 02:31 PM
As you all move out into the main area, you see the other doors are open and the supervisors are gathering together by the front door. Silis says over his shoulder, "This isn't a simple fight. The overseers would handle that and would report it after the fact. The alarm is only sounded for fires, gate raiders--"

"Riots." Another voice cuts in. A human ghost phases through one of the other walls and approaches the group of you. "Which is what we've got on hand now."

Silis takes this information and spins to the other supervisors. "Alert all emergency response teams. Kayton, keep an eye on the situation. Take one of the sending stones, alert me if anything else happens. Oh, and leave that pin I gave you with Baldor here. Arim, you go too. We need eyes on the situation. Check with the overseers, make sure they're alright."

The ghost pulls a small pin out of his pocket and passes it on to Baldor before phasing through the door to one of the offices. He comes back out seconds later, and he and a raptoran in fancy clothes head back out towards the warehouses. The other supervisors split up and head into their offices or run outside.

Silis turns back to you as the supervisors get down to work. "This is the worst case scenario right now. This is the largest shift change we have everyday, there are more workers here now then any other time. Let the security forces sort this out, we'll get to work on it after this is handled. I'm going to go meet with the head of security, if you want to come along feel free." He turns to head out the door of the office.

The Anarresti
2010-07-23, 10:42 PM
Abi Alaku
Abi dumps the smoldering leaf and ash out of his pipe and grinds it under his heel, before returning the ivory piece to a breast pocket. Turning to the other people, he says "I don't know about you, but I intend to check this out." He touches his bow, as if to remind himself of its existance.
"And to stop it, if necessary, by tricks or force. Or both."

shaddy_24
2010-07-25, 04:58 PM
Silis shakes his head slightly at the D'jinni's claim. "There's nearly three hundred workers out there right now. If you have any plans to calm down that big of a riot without harming anyone, I'd be willing to hear it. Right now, site security should be cordoning off the area and waiting for special response units to move in," he's already moving towards the door. "You can make any plans you like while we walk. I need to oversee this."

Parlity
2010-07-26, 12:56 AM
Allie's limbs drift and reform as she undulates indecisively. "I know no skill or spell to quell a large riot. My inclination is to follow Silis to the head of security."

Felyndiira
2010-07-26, 07:10 PM
"I wonder," Serin muttered, although loudly enough for the supervisor to hear. "Would an illusion be adequate to dispel your workers? Abi and I could possibly conjure something to send off most of the workers and leave a few for questions...if you're willing to allow it, that is."

ForzaFiori
2010-07-26, 07:13 PM
Suddenly remembering the badge in his hand, Baldor pins it to his shirt quickly. That sounds like a good idea. What exactly did you have in mind though?

The Anarresti
2010-07-26, 08:08 PM
"I don't know about the young lady," said the Genie, smiling, "but I think fire will do the trick."

shaddy_24
2010-07-27, 08:11 AM
"Making an illusionary fire might scare them away, if you can convince them it's real." Silis says thoughtfully. He doesn't say anything else until you reach the security point.

Guards have set up a barracade accross the street. Behind it, you can see hundreds of workers brawling in the street. Most are fighting unarmed, while some swing at each other with wood and metal clubs, but what draws your attention are the few fighting with magic. What looks to be about two dozen people fly over the giant brawl, some flinging spells, while others simply avoid trouble. Far above, you can see the outstretched wings of a raptoran, most likely from Arim.

Silis walks straight up to a bulkey half-orc, most likely the head of security. "Fill me in. What started all of this?"

The half-orc looks over at the group and grunts. "Looked like it was planned. As the shifts got ready to change, undead and living grouped together. Didn't look any different then the last few weeks, but I didn't like it. Contacted the overseers right before the two sides charged each other. Lost contact with several of the overseers, most got out as they saw the fight start. We've contacted the Order and the Watch. Hopefully they'll be in soon with anti-riot gear."

Zipding
2010-07-27, 07:21 PM
Intheras
Intheras looks at the others with disbelief.
"You're actually going to stop this riot?" he asks. "In that case, I'm of no use. None of my mysteries I have can be considered 'crowd control'. I'm sorry for being no use."

ForzaFiori
2010-07-27, 07:42 PM
I'm afraid my main skills also don't involve crowd control. In my former line of work, if a crowd has formed, it's much too late.

Felyndiira
2010-07-27, 07:56 PM
"This is so outside my area of expertise, but let's try it," the girl sighed. Her hands waved twice, and inaudibly, her lips uttering a few short pleas to Saint Kresnik; on the first wave, a wave of mist concealed a small area in the distance, preventing sight of what lies beyond. On her second, a small stream of illusory fire descended slowly in the far corner of, carefully leaving a faint glow beyond the mist while creating an illusion of a slowly spreading fire, dripping and threatening to engulf the crowd nearby.

"Care to join in the imagined arson, dear storyteller?" she giggled, glancing at Abi. She grew thoughtful for a moment, and added, "we're kinda like the fire-knight of the bone order, you know - the time when he burned down a building and was like, 'just kidding!' when the illusion dispelled itself. Say, maybe when this is over, you can show me that story again. It was so delightful to hear..."

Spontaneous Domain - Illusion. I don't have many casting slots, although I can sack a slot for illusions (second-level slot for minor image, in this case). My first cast is obscuring mist.

Also, since we're in a social situation and not in combat, I don't think it's too much of a stretch for me to use two spells consecutively (12 seconds).

shaddy_24
2010-07-27, 09:50 PM
Silis and the head of security continue their conversation for a few moments before they notice Serin's action. Silis spins around quickly and says, "Could you hold off on building on that for just a moment? We need to let the overseers know about the plan, and make sure that no one calls the Firefighters, we don't need the fine for a false alarm on top of everything else."

Grabbing a stone, he brings it up to his mouth and speaks quickly. The half-orc moves off, bellowing orders to the nearby guards.

About thirty seconds later, Silis turns back to you. "That's the best I can get on short notice. Build that fire up, we'll handle it from there." Looking out, it would appear that the crowd hasn't taken notice of the fire (assuming Serin keeps it low when Silin asks).

The Anarresti
2010-07-27, 10:23 PM
"Yes Sir!" says Abi, with sarcastic relish, closing his eyes for an instant and taking a deep breath. When he breathes out, flames spread out, seamlessly blending with Serin's illusion. He then turns to the child
"Ah yes, the fire-knight. One would think an undead wouldn't be adept at manipulating flame, but that soot-blackened skeleton could wield it like no other."

OOC: Use a daily (one of two) use of my minor image spell-like ability. DC to disbelieve if interacted with: 17. Will instruct my flames to move with Serin's, extending their range from the outside. The maximum volume I can fill at a time with the illusion is 9 10'-cubes. Will last for 2 rounds past concentration: for the time being keep concentrating.

tonberryking
2010-07-27, 10:30 PM
Dota stays a bit quiet for some time; her hammer can pound enemies flat, but without getting into numerical factors against her she isn't sure it's so hot to take the maul to the rioters. Silently she watches the others and upon witnessing the girl Serin's magic she knows how to help, cupping her hands round her mouth and yelling, towards the rioters: "Gods in tha heavens!!! IT'S A FIRE! FIRE!!!

shaddy_24
2010-07-27, 11:12 PM
Moments after Dota's yell, half the rioting crowd sees the approaching flames. Before panic can break out, you see twenty different figures stand up on top of boxes or buildings. You recognise several of the supervisors, including Kayton and Arim, along with a number of unfamiliar figures. They all put their hands on their throats, and a mix of voices thunders over the area, almost completely syncronized. "ATTENTION ALL WORKERS, A FIRE HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN THE WORK AREA. THE AUTHORITIES HAVE BEEN ALERTED. PLEASE LEAVE TO THE PROPER AREAS. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR DESIGNATED SAFE AREA UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN CLEARED TO DO SO BY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES."

Many of the workers abandon the fight, funneling away from the fire quickly, falling into practiced routine. Barracades are opened and the guards begin leading the workers to predetermined locations. You see some of the workers hauling still bodies with them, which are taken away as soon as they clear the barracades and brought to nearby emergency medics. The overseers and supervisors continue to call orders with their magically enhanced voices, directing the workers to their destinations.

Suddenly, another figure jumps up on top of a pile of boxes. A huge embodied fire elemental, whoever it is begins to bellow his own orders. "This is a false fire! They're tricking you, trying to bring you where they want! Don't fall for it, don't-"

Silis steps forward as well, reaching for his own throat. His voice is magically amplified, even beyond that of the other supervisors. "STAND DOWN! FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BY THE SUPERVISORS, AND WAIT IN THE DESIGNATED AREAS UNTIL GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PROPER AUTHORITIES. THE ORDER OF THE BONE SHIELD AND THE WATCH HAVE BEEN ALERTED, AND WILL ARRIVE SOON. THIS FIGHT IS OVER!"

His voice drowns out all others, and his strong personality is immediately apparent. The embodied shrinks back, and the workers continue to evacuate, most with their heads down. Silis turns back to you, bringing his hand back down. "I'll let you decide where you wish to go from here. I will meet with the riot squades as they arrive and brief them on the situation." He turns to the nearest of the overseers, "I want that worker's name and employee number. He is to be detained until the public security decides what to do with him."

Zipding
2010-07-27, 11:23 PM
Intheras
The grey elf looks at the fire elemental as it tries to convince the workers to keep fighting, but is quickly talked down by Sillis. He turns to his comrades and talks to them quietly.
"Now that most of the workers are in one spot, we can ask them and some could question that elemental and the other overseers while doing so. I think we should decide who we should talk to now, I'll ask the workers about what is going on."

tonberryking
2010-07-28, 09:33 PM
Dota just stares into the crowd, head tilted slightly and little good it does her. Humanoids tend to all look the same to her. "Which ones are the leaders, the big guys? I think we should check them out first before they..um.. get bogged down with leader work like re-organizing or make excuses that their buddies will adhere to.

shaddy_24
2010-07-29, 10:36 PM
OOC: not sure where you guys want to go from here, so I'll just describe a few possible options. Either choose one as a group or split off and check them all out.

If you check with the groups of workers:
The workers have been filed into four open areas, with guards standing at the exits. They stand or sit in the courtyards, mostly silent. No leaders are redily apparent, though a few small groups have formed and the workers there are talking among themselves. The workers in general seem fairly open to your questions, possibly to appear co-operative after such a situation.

If you decide to check for clues in the warehouses themselves:
Crates and work tools lie all over the ground in here. Damaged crates spill equipment all over the place, and the doors to the various offices have been kicked in. There are five warehouses, and all appear to have been trashed to some degree.

If you go to find the Elemental that drew attention to himself:
He's been picked up by the guards, and was brought to an office in one of the warehouses. He sits in the office, head down, while four guards stand outside. He's being held here until the Watch comes to collect him and decide what to do with him.

If you follow Silim to meet with the incoming security forces:
Silim seems to have no problem with you following him. He meets with a group from the Order of the Bone Shield just outside his office as they move towards the warehouses. Stopping them, he introduces himself as the head supervisor, and tells them of your work in calming the situation. He says that the Watch is en rout as well, and that he will leave them to decide how to handle the situation, but he requests that they keep him alerted to any decisions that have any impact on the warehouses as a whole.

Let me know if you decide to go anywhere else and what you're looking for. I need you guys to post something, this adventure can go a lot of ways from here.

ForzaFiori
2010-07-29, 10:42 PM
Personally I think we should talk to that Elemental that seemed to be egging everyone on. He clearly thought that this riot should continue. Why don't we split up? Some people talk to the workers, some to that elemental, and a some check the warehouses?

Parlity
2010-07-30, 12:56 AM
Allie bobs up and down in a full body nod. "With truthseeker goggles I am adept at searching for physical clues. I volunteer to look in and near the warehouses. Perhaps there is a clue on the rooftops or near the ceilings."

Search +11 (+3 Int, +8 truthseeker goggles) Taking 20.

Zipding
2010-07-30, 08:20 AM
Intheras
Intheras looks at Baldor when he says they should split up. "Well, I already know where I'm going, I'll talk with the workers if along with anyone else who wants to come."

ForzaFiori
2010-07-30, 01:40 PM
I will talk to the elemental, if anyone would like to come with me. Baldor says, as everyone starts to break up.

shaddy_24
2010-07-30, 03:15 PM
Baldor
Your badge gets you past to meet with the elemental. You also find his name before entering: Alidahashih. He immigrated to the Material Plane 22 years ago, when he was just 3. He looks up as you enter. "You're here to question me? Are you with the Shield? I'm a resident of the Commons, shouldn't the Watch be interviewing me?"

Allie
You're going to be spending a while hunting through the warehouses. For now, the only thing you find of note in the closest warehouse is a broken crate marked "Hammers" that actually contains what look like merchentile silver and gold ingots. The crate appears to have been looted, the number of bars couldn't have filled the box full.

Intheras
The workers are a mix of the living and the dead. I'll need some information on what you're looking for and asking about before I can give you anything else.

The Anarresti
2010-07-30, 06:12 PM
Abi-Alaku
The genie follows Silim to meet with the Order of the Bone Shield. After giving a brief description of the technique he and Serin used to drive the workers outside. Then he asks a question:
"Have you seen any other similar disturbances outside of these warehouses?"

ForzaFiori
2010-07-30, 08:36 PM
I am with neither the shield nor the watch. I am a member of a group hired privately to help to bring peace to this particular branch of warehouses. All I would like to do is ask you a few questions. I have no ability to force you to answer them, no would I attempt to if I could. I am not a member of the watch. However, your help in stopping the problem, and attempting to find a solution acceptable to both sides of this dispute, would be greatly appreciated by all members of the law enforcement of Ishka. Your refusal to help would most likely also be noted by those same agencies. Baldor pauses to let this sink in before continuing. Now, Alidahashih, Why were you attempting to keep the rioting going earlier? People were hurt in it, and valuable property destroyed. I do not think you are a simply anarchist, attempting to destroy whatever possible. Clearly you must have had a motive. If you tell me, I can help to solve whatever problem started this whole thing, and then everyone, both workers and employers, can go back to making money peacefully.

Zipding
2010-07-31, 10:02 AM
Intheras
Intheras stands in the doorway for a couple seconds before going to ask the workers. He focuses on the ones that were on the shift getting ready to leave and the shift coming in primarily. He talks with everyone, trying to get their side of the story and any information he can get with regards to past riots and outbursts. He stays calm while talking with them, and takes notes on everything he hears.
OOC: Gather Information check: [roll0]
Ow, I guess that high charisma is not enough to get information.

shaddy_24
2010-07-31, 02:39 PM
Abi-Alaku
The Shield members there mostly file on past, heading towards the areas where the workers are being held. One stops to talk to you though, a humanoid skeleton. The voice sounds vaguely female. "I'm agent Dietenal. I must commend you on your quick thinking in stopping this before it spiraled out of control. As for your question, no, never. There's been minor fights in the past few weeks, but nothing on this scale. The last riot that occured here was 72 years ago, during a food shortage in the Necropolis. Crowds swarmed the warehouses, searching for food. This is very unprecidented."

Baldor
Alidahashih considers your words carefully. "I guess there's no harm in talking to you. It'll look good, that I co-operated, right?" He looks up at you hopefully at that. "I'm not sure what happened when the riot started. I just looked up and people were already fighting, I just wanted to protect myself. I haven't even been involved in any of the issues going on here, no one seems to have anything against the elemental workers, just the material living and dead."

"At the end there..." he looks confused. "I really don't know why I did that. I just saw that the fire was fake, and jumped up. I don't really remember what I said, just that the boss stepped in at that point and shouted me down. I kind of came to my senses and got out of there."

Intheras
Asking about, you seem to get the same answer wherever you go; "I just saw that people were fighting and jumped in to protect my friends/show it to those arrogent bastards/join the fun." No one can tell you how it started. The undead workers don't seem to have any problems talking with you, but any groups that formed seem to consist only of the living or the undead.

It's not long before Order of the Bone Shield members file into the clearing and begin splitting up the workers, moving the living to one side and the undead to the other. They leave you be when you show them your badge and explain what you're doing, though one skeleton tells you, "We're here to investigate the undead workers, if you don't mind."

ForzaFiori
2010-07-31, 03:13 PM
I will be sure to let the watch know that you co-operated. I have several friends who work with MI, so you can rest assured that I will be heard. Baldor says, hoping to reassure him You mentioned problems with the material living and dead. What sort of problems are going on? I mean, the undead and living have never gotten along great, but it seems like this might be a bit more than the usual.

Zipding
2010-07-31, 11:13 PM
Intheras
Intheras nods at the Order of the Bone Shield and moves on to the living workers. He continues to ask questions, expanding on what he had learned earlier, trying to find out the people that started the riot.
Gather Information: [roll0]
OOC: Hoping for a better roll this time.
I think this particular set of dice rolling hates me.

tonberryking
2010-07-31, 11:51 PM
Dota went with Baldor, looking suspiciously at the fire elemental, though this may be due to a natural disinclination. [roll0] Sense motive, to see if she buys this whole schpiel

What was your job before you started 'protecting yourself'? And what was the first thing you remember after you realized you'd been standing up and yelling stuff? In fact... what kinda people did you see before the riots really happened. Like, who was walking by or talking with each other?"

shaddy_24
2010-08-01, 12:07 PM
Baldor and Dota
Alidahashih looks more hopeful when Baldor mentions his connections with MI. "The people I know who've been involved in the issues always say that the other caused the problem." He shrugs. "It's always the other person insulted them first, they never admitted anything different to me. There's been a lot of close calls, where fights nearly broke out, and there's been more fights breaking out the last few weeks then any time when I've worked here. It just seems like something's riling up these people recently."

The elemental looks over at Dota when she asks her question, mild suspicion in his eyes. "I'd just got here, I'm on the new shift. I'd just checked in and was on my way to help with hauling crates when the fight broke out. After I stood up... well, I just sort of remember noticing the fake fire, and-" He pauses and thinks. "Wait, there was someone else nearby. They were wearing a heavy cloak, but I heard her speak. She asked me something, um, "do you see what they are doing as well," or something like that. I said I did, and she said, "Well, why don't you tell everyone what you see?" Then..." He leans forward and puts his hand on his forehead. "That's when I jumped up on the crates! Why didn't I remember this before?"

Intheras
Unfortunitely, you continue to get the same stories. People don't seem to be interested in sharing information with you.

ForzaFiori
2010-08-01, 12:09 PM
Who all do you know that has been involved in the issues? Getting a first hand account of what has been going on would be very helpful.

Felyndiira
2010-08-01, 03:22 PM
Serin:

Illusions are always tiring; after I dismissed my minor image, I briefly scanned the riot zone for anything that looks remotely out of place before following Intheras to the exported workers. As the elf interrogated the workers, I stood near the back to listen to their replies. "Yeah, I was just stepping in to help my friend," or "I don't know what happened. I just felt like jumping in:" it's how most errors of humanity begin and end, and I feel a bit sorry for these innocent people. Many of them were simple, unwitting pawns to an act that is beyond their comprehension...and, at least for now, beyond ours.

I decided to try a strange act, if only to break this tense scene. "Inthie!" I plead, running toward the gray elf as if we were long time acquaintances, messaging him to play along with the act. "Sorry about being so late. Are you still working on the case? You really should rest for a bit, you know - get a bit of trance and eat something. I know how much you're devoted to the job, but it'll really take a toll on you."

Before the elf has a chance to respond, I turned to one of the small groups and, almost - and very carefully avoiding - falling on her knees, begged them to spill anything they know. "Um," I whispered, maintaining a facade of desperation as I turned toward the workers and to the crowd in general, "if you know anything about this, please, I'm begging you, please tell us. Inthie's only a contractor, but he's been working night and day on this case, and it's really eating into her health. I...I've been trying to tell her to eat or anythi...I...Inthie's really important to me. Please, if you can help her solve this case..."

It's just an act, but I almost threw a bit of a tantrum.

Spot check on the riot area/warehouse before I leave: [roll0]

Bluff Check: [roll1]
Diplomancy on the workers to get them to tell me something relevant: [roll2]. I don't know what level of hostility, etc., they're currently at, so I'll leave that part up to you. Remember that I still have my Child's Plea feat.

Note, I've used the message spell to tell Inthie about this beforehand, so he should at least be aware of what I'm doing.

shaddy_24
2010-08-02, 05:44 PM
Baldor and Dota
Alidahashih looks back up as Baldor continues the questioning. "Well, there's been a whole bunch of fights the past two weeks. Usually fights are just a loud argument, a bunch of yelling, then the overseers jump in and break it up. The last few weeks though, there's been actual violence.
I only saw one of them, between this big, bulky human and this small zombie. The two of them were arguing for a while, the human seemed the more agressive of the two, yelling at the zombie about something. Only got his job because he was undead, something like that. I was on one of the catwalks, so I got a nice overhead view of it. The overseers had just noticed it, and were heading in when the zombie just threw himself at the guy. It was a short fight, the human had a huge advantage, it looked like he knew how to fight, knocked the little guy out right away.
He didn't get fired over it, since he technically acted in self defense, but the undead workers threw a fit, saying he caused the fight by pushing the other guy into it. There was a lot of protest that he was only keeping his job because he was living, so they compromised and he had a week suspension. Just got back today, actually."

Intheras and Serin
Most of the workers look fairly ashamed when Serin jumps in and pleads for help. "I'm sorry, I don't know anything." "I'd help if I could." "I didn't mean to make your job harder. Sorry." For a moment, it looks like you're still not going to get anything out of it.

Then a figure pushes through the crowd. A tall human woman, she looks the two of you over before sighing and moving forward. "Fine, if you're going to guilt trip me about it, even though I'm pretty sure you set that up." She glares at Serin for a moment. "I was just flying in when the fight broke out. The fight really did just start out of no where. One moment there was nothing, then suddenly a huge crowd just came running out and started fighting. Everyone else suddenly joined in, and I flew back up out of the way. I kept an eye on it and I saw the people that started it disappeared into thin air as soon as the riot was really underway."

Allie
Checking the crate, the ingots is a pound each, and there looks to be nearly a hundred of them in the crate and around it where they fell out. You recognize them as merchantile ingots, used for large purchases.

Zipding
2010-08-02, 10:32 PM
Intheras
Intheras looks at the woman as she tells her tale, writing it down the entire time. When she mentions the part about the people starting the riot disappearing, the elf has a quizzical look on his face.
"They disappeared? Did you see them do anything before they disappeared? Something like cast a spell or hide in something?"

ForzaFiori
2010-08-02, 11:35 PM
Do you by any chance know the name of this human? The route to a safe and simple solution my lie through him. Baldor asks, hoping the elemental wasn't growing bored with this.

Parlity
2010-08-03, 12:03 AM
Before searching the other warehouses, Allie flies out to report her findings. She finds Intheras and Serin in the open area.

Intheras looks busy, so she asks Serin, "Serin, do you have a moment?"

shaddy_24
2010-08-03, 10:55 AM
Intheras, Serin, Allie
The woman shakes her head. "They simply faded away."

Baldor and Dota
"Suvod, or something like that."

ForzaFiori
2010-08-03, 01:11 PM
Thank you for your time. I'll be sure to mention your cooperation to the authorities. It should look excellent on your record. Come on Dota, let's find Suvod.

Baldor leaves the elemental to go look for Suvod. First, however, he finds the group that the Watch sent in, and lets their Sargent (or whoever is in charge) know that the MI would be very appreciative if the Elemental was let off with a slap on the wrist, due to his help in figuring out what is going on. Once that is done with, he goes to find the supervisors of the warehouses, asking them if they know a human worker named Suvod, and if so, where he can be found.

Zipding
2010-08-03, 01:50 PM
Intheras
Intheras finishes writing down what the woman was saying before he closes the notebook and places it in a pocket in his robe.
"I thank you for what you did, that was indeed helpful towards the investigation." He looks at Seren and Allie and motions for the door. "I think that it is time to meet with the others and share our information with them."

Parlity
2010-08-03, 08:18 PM
"Very well." Allie flies out the door.

shaddy_24
2010-08-03, 10:41 PM
All of you gather together again near the manager's offices, sharing the information you've gathered.

Abi-Alaku describes his introduction to the head of the Order and Watch squads sent down. He details the information they gave him. There's a small number of workers with criminal histories, but none involving hate or agressive crimes. No arrests have been made so far, though Watch patrols have broken up two fights between workers off of the work site. The workers were told to break it up, and no charges were pressed.

OOC: Check under all the spoilers, though you're free to play out your characters sharing information.

Parlity
2010-08-05, 12:42 AM
Allie

Sharing information, Allie says,
"I found about 100 mercantile silver and gold ingots inside and spilled out of a crate labeled Hammers in the first warehouse. I have not searched the other warehouses."

After hearing the information, Allie says,
"Should we question the workers again knowing this new information? I wonder why people would hide silver and gold ingots in a crate."

ForzaFiori
2010-08-05, 02:26 AM
Baldor shares his information with the others. I talked to the fire elemental that was trying to keep the fight going. He claimed to be foggy on the details, as though he wasn't really controlling his thoughts. Perhaps magic users are involved somehow. Also, he gave me the name of one of the humans who have been involved in the previous altercations between the living and undead workers.

Zipding
2010-08-06, 12:54 PM
Intheras
The grey elf listens to Baldor and Allie while they explain what happened with their investigations.
"With the help of Serin, I was able to get something as well," he begins. "There was a worker that saw some of the people in the riot disappear when it was fully underway. Do you think that this human could be a worker that disappeared during the riot?" The last question is directed to Baldor.

ForzaFiori
2010-08-06, 02:38 PM
Possibly. Or perhaps he is simply a pawn of them. However, I think they are related. If I was trying to start full scale riots, I would get the help of people who already have problems, either by diplomacy or force.

Felyndiira
2010-08-07, 12:29 PM
"Don't forget illusions!" Serin added, though with perhaps too much vigor for the situation. Calming herself after a few seconds, she added, "Disappearing workers would mean that someone cast an illusion of sorts to take advantage of mob mentality, since it would make little sense to waste resources and put actual plants there. It's consistent with the elemental not being in control of himself."

"Someone's trying to start a conflict here, and it seems we're dealing with at least one magic user with enchantments and illusions," she added with a dry laugh, sneaking a glance at Dota. "Really, not the type of enemy I'd like to have at all."

shaddy_24
2010-08-08, 10:11 AM
You all set out again. Allie goes to continue her search of the warehouses, while the rest of you start hunting for Suvod.

Checking with the overseers nets you nothing. It appears he checked in, but he's not among any of the workers gathered together. It's not until one of them tracks you down and gives you a casualty list that he's found.

"Suvod Heranch. Resident of North Commons, worked as a hauler in warehouse 3. One of seven dead after the riot. He was killed by multiple claw wounds along the stomach and throat. More wounds were on his arms, they look like defensive wounds. He's the only one of the dead with claw marks, and there aren't any workers on this shift with natural claws.

There were a total of sixty injuries requiring medical attention. Mostly bruses and concussions. Of the other six deaths, two look like they were trampled by the crowd, three were beaten badly and died from head trauma, and one had a cart overturned on him and was crushed."

Meanwhile, after more searching, Allie finds drops of blood forming a trail that goes deep into warehouse 3, before it disappears in one of the back corners.

Parlity
2010-08-08, 11:41 AM
Allie hovers, looking into the dark corner.

She has darkvision 60' from binding truthseeker goggles.
Spot [roll0]

The Anarresti
2010-08-08, 02:03 PM
"I wonder if our friend Suvod ran afoul of any groups, such as the Allience. Personally, I suspect the wild: they have the motive to attack the most delicate and yet most important underpinnings of our city: supply lines and peace between the living and the dead. Also, claw marks sound like their style. Could we look into if Suvod was once a member of the Wild, but turn traitor? Or if he was once a member of any of the multitiude of underground factions? Does anyone have any leads in this area?" Abi addresses his questions to the group as a whole. Thinking back, he says:
"It would be prudent not to split up if we are venturing into the below-board areas of the city."

ForzaFiori
2010-08-08, 07:45 PM
I may be able to call in a few favors at MI to get a background check. I might could even find an alliance member if push came to shove, and their still hiding where they were when they first formed, which is unlikely.

shaddy_24
2010-08-11, 08:42 AM
Allie
Checking in the corner, you find nobody there. There's no place to hide, no where for anyone to have gone. The only thing you notice is a large circle of ground that appears to have been swept clean.

The Anarresti
2010-08-11, 08:54 AM
Abi-Alaku
Gather Information Check: [roll0] This is to find any contacts.
Urban Survial: [roll1] This is to safely find a contact or a place where they could be. If it isn't applicable, just ignore it. (I'm not totally sure where Urban Survival is applicable, if the DM could clarify I would appreciate it)

ForzaFiori
2010-08-11, 10:01 AM
Baldor checks in with a few of his associates at MI, looking to run a background check on Suvod. He hopes something strange will come up, something that gives them a lead in.

Gather Info: [roll0]

Turns out I DO have ranks in it. I was thinking of another character.

shaddy_24
2010-08-11, 02:04 PM
Abi-Alaku and Baldor both split off to do some checking up on Suvod. (5 or more ranks in Urban Survival will synergise with Gather Info for the purpose of checking up with contacts.)

Abi-Alaku
Unfortunitally, none of your contacts seem to be in the area. Your search comes up with no new information on Suvod.

Baldor
You get lucky with the background check. While Suvod himself has no criminal history, he's been noted as a contact to several people who do, so there's some information on him. He runs with a small gang, though up to now there's no evidence of them commiting any crimes. The name list of the known gang members contains no one with a criminal history, but it catches your attention that there's a large number of undead among them. In fact, the majority of the gang appears to be undead, including another name you recognise from the incident reports.

The rest of you continue your questioning of the workers and looking into the list of incidents. All of the workers involved are on suspencion or different shifts though, so you can't interrogate any of them, though you do hear of the fights from other workers. It appears a lot of them started in ways similar to the one between Suvod and his opponant. One worker would bother another until a fight broke out.

Int or Wis check DC 15
You notice from the reports that most of the fights start rather abruptly, just before the overseers arrive. Is that merely a coincidence?

Felyndiira
2010-08-11, 06:21 PM
WIS Check: [roll0]

Serin:

"I have a question, if that's okay," she pleaded again, this time to the overseers. She was sure, now, that the workers themselves were not at fault for this incident. There had to be a third party that was willing to plant trouble. What would they gain, however, from all of these seemingly random riots? Was it simply for the money - the gold and silver hidden within the storage room - the ones that the water girl had described?

It couldn't have just ended there. The timing was a bit convenient for a simple robbery. If someone truly just wanted the silver, why stage so many riots and attract even more attention to the area, to the point that your crime would be easily discovered with one wrong turn into an overseer? Perhaps the overseers themselves were in on the scheme. Perhaps, just perhaps, someone was putting on a display for the rest of the world to see.

"Mr. Abi wanted me to ask you something, mister." The girl was careful not to reveal her inquisitive nature as she posed her questions, hiding her words under a playful smile. "He wants to know if you know who started the other fights, and if they were always an undead and a man. He also wants to know if you can find out who the zombie that fought with Mr. Suvod was. Would those questions be okay?"

Perhaps it was biased of her, as a devotee of St. Kresnik, but maybe - just maybe - there was a slightly deeper component to this troublesome little ruse. Her face remained jovial, but she silently crossed her fingers behind her, hoping that her apprehension is nothing more than an unfounded fear.

shaddy_24
2010-08-11, 08:19 PM
The overseer Serin questions looks uncomfortable for a moment, but when he sees her pin, crouches down slightly get get to eye level with her. "Yes those questions are okay. Well, all of the fights I know of were between an undead worker and a living one. They were always different workers, since most involved in a fight were suspended. I believe Suvod was one of the first coming back to work on this shift, while the one he got into a fight with, Emsul, is off for another few days. His suspension was slightly longer because he responded to Suvod's insults." The overseer shakes his head at that.

The Anarresti
2010-08-11, 10:11 PM
Abi-Alaku
The bard racks his brains, trying to think of a reason for these riots.
[roll0]

tonberryking
2010-08-12, 10:42 PM
Dota herself seems, pardon the phrase, a fish out of water, though she tries to follow the logic. Clearly someone's using magic or curses or something beyond her warrior's scope. "If someone's using magic to throw things out of order, it'd have to be a powerful wizard or...um sorcerer or warlock or whatever they call them right? she asks to the closest compatriot who'll have the patience. I mean to make everybody so mad like that, right? That's pretty powerful. But if someone's that powerful already, what do they gots to gain by messing up trade? Do they wanna sneak something in? Are they just evil? Why'd a magic user even care?"

Zipding
2010-08-12, 11:37 PM
Intheras
The grey elf thinks over Dota's question about spellcasters causing all of the problems.
"I'm not sure, I think that some of the other types of spellcasting, particularily arcane, have some mind control, but those are difficult spells to learn. Generally mind affecting spells don't work on undead or creatures with no minds. I think if it is a spellcaster, it might be one of the higher workers or perhaps an overseer with some background in some sort of teachings in casting spells," he explains. "Man, this is just starting to get confusing."
Int Check: [roll0]
Wis Check: [roll1]

Parlity
2010-08-13, 01:41 AM
Allie takes out her paints to draw a cloth and a bottle. She takes a sample of the blood and places it in the bottle.

Putting away her paints and tucking the bottle in her bandoleer, she continues searching the warehouses.

ForzaFiori
2010-08-13, 08:28 AM
Baldor, floating up on the end of Intheras' explination, adds a small foot note. Actually, a spell caster's mind control would work on many of the undead in Ishka. It is only the unsentient undead that are immune. My self, as well as all the other "thinking" undead, are just as vulnerable as either of you. A magic user could have provoked or controlled either side. Oh, and speaking of undead, I have a new lead. Seems our friend Suvod used to run with, amazingly, an undead gang. No proven criminal activities, but a few guys that are on watch lists. It also shows that he's perfectly fine with undead, so the fights become even more out of the ordinary.

INT check: [roll0]
Wis check: [roll1]

shaddy_24
2010-08-18, 12:56 PM
Allie finds nothing else of special note in the warehouses and returns to report her finds to the others.

Spellcraft DC 19
The area of cleared dust at the end of the trail Allie found could indicate either a teleportation spell or a portal of some type.

OOC: Other then that, I'm not sure what to give you guys. What do you intend to do next?

Parlity
2010-08-20, 01:13 AM
spellcraft [roll0]

Allie reports her findings.

"Here's my thoughts: With a day's rest I can see invisible creatures. We could go invisible ourselves and observe. A tracking dog might track the scent from this cloth with blood on it."

ForzaFiori
2010-08-20, 09:13 AM
At some point, I'd also like to track down this gang Suvod was in. Maybe they can tell us when he started acting all strange or if he met anyone that was even more suspicious than normal.

Zipding
2010-08-20, 12:19 PM
Intheras
The grey elf looks at Baldor when he says they should track down Suvod. "I can follow people quite well, but I'm not great at finding them. If it is possible that one of the higher-ups is behind it, I could follow them and find out what they're doing, even behind closed doors."
He thinks hard about what Allie brought them.
Spellcraft: [roll0]

ForzaFiori
2010-08-20, 04:34 PM
I tell you what Intheras. I'll find the gang, and you can follow them and see whats up. Baldor says with a smile. I'm gonna head back to MI, see if I can get the whereabouts of this gang from anyone. If that doesn't work, I'll hit the streets in the Necropolis. Someone must know something about these guys. With that, Baldor leaves, heading back to his friend at MI to ask where Suvods old gang could be found.

Gather Information: [roll0]

shaddy_24
2010-08-24, 06:37 AM
It doesn't take long for Baldor to return with locations where Suvod's gang members tend to hang out. You should be able to find them pretty fast, they are often hanging around the edge of the Necropolis, the same border you're currently working on in fact. They tend to stay far from the warehouses, though you don't know if that's on purpose or just coincidence.

ForzaFiori
2010-08-24, 06:46 AM
Baldor finds Intheras, and informs him of the location of the gang. I'm not sure who might be most helpful out of the gang unfortunately. You'll just have to do some looking around and following. Anything that needs doing here at the warehouse?

Zipding
2010-08-25, 08:09 PM
Intheras
Intheras looked at Baldor when he brings him the information.
"Thanks, do we know anyone else besides Suvod who is a member here?" he asks.

ForzaFiori
2010-08-26, 07:06 AM
Not that I know of, unfortunately. It seems to be a fairly small time gang, nothing that they're actually wanted for, so they're not high up on a watchlist.

shaddy_24
2010-08-28, 06:44 PM
It's getting into the later afternoon as you sit down and look over everything you've uncovered over the day. Suvod, the only worker here who has been involved in any fights, was killed in a riot that appears to have been staged by an illusionist. His gang is small time, and its membership doesn't hold to his apparently racist viewpoint, suggesting this was a ploy. Also of note was how he was killed; unlike the other victims of the riot, who were crushed or beaten to death, he was torn up by something with claws. Allie found a trail of blood leading into a back corner of one of the warehouses, where it ended in a circle that may have been created by a portal or teleportation spell. She also discovered a large crate full of gold and silver ingots, with several missing, that was inproperly labeled.

You have the names of Suvod's gang, the names of the other workers involved in the fights, and what may be a portal hidden in the back corner of one warehouse. Also available are the Watch and Bone Shield officers on scene, who may be able to give you a report on who's blood Allie found, and possibly any other information they have that you may find relevent. What do you intend to do now?

Zipding
2010-08-28, 07:47 PM
Intheras
Looking over the information that they have gathered, Intheras sighs.
"I'll check out Suvod's gang, I won't talk to them, just watch and then when I've figured out who's in command, I'll let you know so we can ask them about Suvod."

The Anarresti
2010-08-31, 10:10 AM
"I intend to find some members of the wild, and interview them" said the Genie. "However, I'll be happy to help you observe Suvod's gang. I am very good at appearing unseen when I wish"

Urban Survival roll (to find a cell of the Wild): [roll0]

Parlity
2010-08-31, 01:27 PM
"I will ask Silin about the ingots. Perhaps he knows why people would try to hide them in crates."

ForzaFiori
2010-08-31, 05:03 PM
I'm fairly good at sneaking, if anyone needs looking after that isn't called already. If there's nothing more to do, I think I'll ask around the undead workers, see if anyone can remember anything else.

The Anarresti
2010-09-01, 06:27 PM
"I don't think we should split up: that tends to create to much hassle and put us at risk. If we stick together, we can still work as a group and contribute our skills. I say we go to the gang's headquarters, and start from there."

ForzaFiori
2010-09-01, 07:27 PM
That sounds fine to me. Baldor says. But what about y'all? he adds, turning to the others.

Zipding
2010-09-02, 06:55 PM
Intheras
The grey elf looks over the rest of the group and sighs. "That works for me, but if we need someone followed, I'll work better alone."

Parlity
2010-09-03, 11:37 AM
"Myself as well," Allie bobs up and down. "However, I would prefer to follow the leads here before leaving. Perhaps we should alert the officers on the scene to the portal in one of the warehouses."

shaddy_24
2010-09-05, 06:41 PM
As you discus your plans, one of the Watch officers come up to you to report what they've discovered. "We found a box filled with gold ingots in one of the warehouses. It was a cache stolen from merchants by the Alliance only a short time ago. This could provide us with a breakthrough, because we now have evidence for how the Alliance has been smuggling stolen goods through the area. We might be able to track where this box came from and where it was supposed to go. There were 15 missing ingots, but we found all but three of them among the workers. Did any of you find any?"

Parlity
2010-09-05, 07:53 PM
"I saw a box of ingots in one warehouse. It was labeled as containing hammers. I have not seen missing ingots except what was spilled around it. Additionally, I found a blood trail leading to a portal in the corner of a different warehouse." Allie reaches into her bandoleer, "This is a sample of the blood."

shaddy_24
2010-09-14, 04:57 PM
The officer takes the vial from Allie. "Thank you. This could prove most useful in the investigation. We'll also be sure to check out that portal."

OOC: Okay, I'm back now. What are you guys planning to do from here? It's getting into the late afternoon.

Zipding
2010-09-19, 07:36 PM
Intheras
Intheras thinks over what their planning on doing.
"Well, I think that we should check out Suvod's gang and the ingots. Those seem to be the things that are out of place in these riots. If we can get more information, we should definitly check out the people who just disappeared during the riot," the grey elf suggests.

Parlity
2010-09-25, 11:09 PM
Allie bobs up and down. "Those sound like fine suggestions. Intheras would you need to work alone to follow the gang?"

Zipding
2010-10-03, 07:39 PM
Intheras
The grey elf glances at Allie before responding.
"I'd prefer to work alone here, I feel I could watch Suvod's gang better alone."