PDA

View Full Version : Ways to combat fatigue?

Aust Nailo
2010-07-17, 09:04 PM
I am going to be playing a TWF Dervish in a campaign, my build is mostly finished (may take a level of Lion Totem Barbarian for pounce, not sure yet). After a Dervish dances they are fatigued for the rest of the battle, is there a method to end fatigue without resting?

gorfnab
2010-07-17, 09:16 PM
Tireless - regional feat from Players Guide to Faerun

FMArthur
2010-07-17, 09:21 PM
I am going to be playing a TWF Dervish in a campaign, my build is mostly finished (may take a level of Lion Totem Barbarian for pounce, not sure yet). After a Dervish dances they are fatigued for the rest of the battle, is there a method to end fatigue without resting?

There are probably items for it, but if you have a feat to spare at 10th level or higher you can take Martial Study: Iron Heart Surge for the maneuver from Tome of Battle. As a standard action you can rid yourself of any lasting effect you want to, provided you are able to take that standard action. Alternatively, a 1-level Warblade dip any time after 8th (or two levels after 6th, or 3 after 4th, etc) can get you the same maneuver and a variety of other goodies that make a Dervish better.

Glimbur
2010-07-17, 09:23 PM
Can you afford to be a Warforged? They're immune to fatigue.

Rainbownaga
2010-07-17, 09:25 PM
1 level dip in horizon walker?

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-17, 10:00 PM
Tireless - regional feat from Players Guide to Faerun

This is probably the easiest way to get it mechanically. Just needs DM approval.

Darrin
2010-07-17, 11:47 PM
1 level dip in horizon walker?

Icewild Lichen Paste, Secrets of Sarlona p. 138, 50 GP. Reduces fatigue or exhaustion by a step for 2d4 hours. If more than one dose is taken in 24 hours, you take 1d4 Constitution damage.

Sphere of Awakening, MIC p. 186, 1800 GP. 1/day immediately ends fatigue, and then makes you immune to fatigue for 10 minutes.

Potions of lesser restoration also work. 100 GP if you buy them from a paladin, or 50 GP from an archivist. There may be a divine spellcaster in the party who can cast lesser restoration on you. If all you have are arcane spellcasters, point them towards ray of resurgence (Lost Empires of Faerun p. 33).

Touchstone feat (Sandstorm) linked to the Shrine at Kahar gives you a 1/day SLA from a variety of spells, which includes lesser restoration.

There's a leg graft in Eberron somewhere that I think makes you immune to fatigue... and I think the Breath of Waves elemental graft can get rid of it.

balistafreak
2010-07-17, 11:55 PM
You can become a Necropolitan and thus be an Intelligent Undead. This has the advantage of being appliable so long as you're a Humanoid right now (and you probably are, seeing as you're having issues with fatigue), and that you're now Undead, with all of the associated advantages (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#undeadType) like immunity to fatigue, with some more bonuses added on due to the "Intelligent" part of it, namely class levels rather than RHD. (You keep the d12 HD though.)

It has the obvious disadvantage of making you Undead, with all of the assocaited disadvantages and strange backstory justifications. (Reflavor away being undead, I dare you. No, really.) YMMV.

Aust Nailo
2010-07-18, 01:17 AM
AH! Thank you Darrin thats just what I was looking for!

Thanks to everyone else for your help as well.