PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Archer 3.5, Need help

crazykoboldgod
2010-07-17, 09:14 PM
I'm starting an Eberron campaign with my friends, and i need help with my character, we are a 5 character party, we have:
-Optimized cleric
-Optimized Wizard (conjurer)
-Future planar shepard(with DM's restrictions)
-Optimized glass canon melee fighter
-Me

I'm trying to build an optimized archer that takes the skill monkey's place, the scout's place, and the trap finder's place. And i want your advice.
The stats y got where:

So far i got this build:
Race: Shifter (Wildhunt trait)
Stats:
STR: 13
DEX: 19
CON: 15
INT: 12 (I need the +1 to have all the skills i need/want)
WIS: 14 (I need the 14 for the ranger's spells)
CHA: 11

1 Scout - Pointblank shot
2 Scout
3 Scout - Expeditious dodge (Precice shot*)
4 Ranger (Shifter), Racial substitution level - Track (ranger)
5 Ranger - Rapid shot (ranger)
6 Ranger - Swift hunter, Endurance (ranger)
7 Ranger
8 Ranger
9 Ranger - Many shots (ranger), grater many shots
10 Ranger
11 Ranger
12 Ranger - Improved skirmish (improved precice shot*)
13 Ranger
14 Ranger - Improved precise shot (ranger)
15 Ranger - Mobility (Wildhunt elite*)
16 Ranger
17 Ranger
18 Ranger - Shot on the run
19 Ranger
20 Ranger
*I choose these feats firs them i retrain according to the level and needs. I retrain precice shot because a frient told me that thre's a magic item that provides me with the feat (is this true? what item?).

I actually want some help with the favored enemies, because i need to choose the most frecuent "critical imunne" bad guys, so i can use my skirmish on them. (Undead, constructs, elementals, plants, and i need the last one)
And i also need some tips on the magic item choice, maybe better feats, and skill tricks. I think the party starts at 3rd lvl, but is better to plan ahead.
Thank you for your time and help.:smallsmile:

(PLEASE: no faerun or Greyhawk tips, i play eberron.)

Greenish
2010-07-17, 09:31 PM
First, drop the Dodge-mobility-shot on the run chain. It's a trap! You only get one shot.

Dip cleric. One level won't lose you BAB (using fractional BAB), and nets you Travel Devotion and turn undead to feed it. Traveller is a fitting deity.

Dungeonscape (I think) lets you trade ranger's Track to Trapfinding.

Dragon mag. #something had Mystic Ranger. Try to track that down, it's a definitive improvement.

[Edit]: Travel Devotion is from Comp. Champion. Comp. Arcane has Arcane Hunter AFC which trades your first favored enemy to favored enemy (arcanist).

crazykoboldgod
2010-07-17, 09:54 PM
...First, drop the Dodge-mobility-shot on the run chain. It's a trap! You only get one shot....

...Arcane has Arcane Hunter AFC which trades your first favored enemy to favored enemy (arcanist)....

If im not wrong, i can use the many shots feat with shot on the run, so i dont see the problem, it's half move action + standar action + second half move action. Please correct me if im wrong.

I think the arcane hunter is at the complete mage, and i only choose favored enemies that are "critical imunne", because thanks to the Swift hunter now i can use my skirmish on them.

Ill think about the cleric, and domain devotion, but first i need to make shure i cant use the many shot + shot on the run combo.

Greenish
2010-07-17, 10:01 PM
If im not wrong, i can use the many shots feat with shot on the run, so i dont see the problem, it's half move action + standar action + second half move action. Please correct me if im wrong.You're wrong. You can't use Standard Action with Shot on the Run, it's attack action, ie. one single attack.

I think the arcane hunter is at the complete mage, and i only choose favored enemies that are "critical imunne", because thanks to the Swift hunter now i can use my skirmish on them.You're right, it's in Comp. Mage. Anyway, casters can become immune to precision damage too (for example with Heavy Fortification armour), and you're likely encounter more of them than, say, oozes.

balistafreak
2010-07-17, 11:02 PM
This is probably a good read for you. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=642.0)

crazykoboldgod
2010-07-18, 12:57 PM
Great thank you both, does anyone know how to skirmish at 60 feet?

Eldariel
2010-07-18, 01:00 PM
Ranged Skirmisher [DR346]. Other than that, you're kinda out of luck. Do check Crystalkeep for that tho, it's accurate and as you have reference, you could get DM to allow it.

Greenish
2010-07-18, 01:12 PM
Great thank you both, does anyone know how to skirmish at 60 feet?Crossbow Sniper from PHBII.

crazykoboldgod
2010-07-18, 01:19 PM
Ranged Skirmisher [DR346].

What manual is "DR"? i really need that feat....

Eldariel
2010-07-18, 01:33 PM
Dragon Magazine.