PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a feat?

Alejandro
2010-07-17, 11:35 PM
Character: Human Rogue 4/Swashbuckler 3/Duelist 10. About to hit 18th level. Wondering if anyone has a good feat suggestion.

I already have Dodge, Mobility, Daring Outlaw, Proficiency (Whip), Chaos Domain, Deadly Defense, and Einhander.

Craven is not allowed unless the PC is evil; I am not. (GM ruling.)

Most books OK, no Tome of Battle. Any suggestions appreciated, I never really expected to have to fill this feat slot!

Thurbane
2010-07-17, 11:39 PM
Travel Devotion or Trickery Devotion (both from CC) are great for a character of this level.

Darrin
2010-07-17, 11:55 PM
Character: Human Rogue 4/Swashbuckler 3/Duelist 10. About to hit 18th level. Wondering if anyone has a good feat suggestion.

Staggering Strike (Complete Adventurer). Every time you sneak attack a creature, Fort save DC = damage or they are staggered for one round.

Undo Resistance (Fiendish Codex II). Requires a cold iron weapon, but every time you hit a creature with spell resistance, it reduces SR by 1. Which doesn't really do you any good, but should make any spellcasters in the party really happy.

Planar Touchstone (Planar Handbook) linked to Oxyrhynchus. Anytime you full attack someone that's flat-footed, you get an extra attack at BAB -5.

PId6
2010-07-18, 12:09 AM
See the rogue handbook (sig) for some feat suggestions.

However, limiting Craven to evil is just stupid. There's nothing evil about being a coward, or about attacking vulnerable areas (or else all rogues would be evil). I could see an argument for limiting it to non-lawful (though even that's flimsy), but limiting it to evil is just downright idiotic.

Krazddndfreek
2010-07-18, 12:20 AM
Their group doesn't seem very optimized, so I can see where they're coming from. I agree that it's a somewhat ridiculous limitation, Craven isn't even that strong, but it's the GM's ruling. Although he really just should've said, "you can't take the feat".

I also fully endorse taking Travel Devotion. Staggering Strike isn't terrible either, but if you can, go for Travel Devotion, great for melee fighters.

Prodan
2010-07-18, 12:21 AM

Most books OK, no Tome of Battle. Any suggestions appreciated, I never really expected to have to fill this feat slot!

How about Spring Attack?

PId6
2010-07-18, 12:38 AM
I agree that Craven may be two powerful for certain tables, but the DM should definitely just ban it rather than soft-banning it like this. Limiting Craven to evil alignments (and not doing the same to rogues in general) just makes no sense in any context.

How about Spring Attack?
Not a great feat unless you've Hide in Plain Sight. Admittedly, he does have the prereqs for it already, but still, being limited to a single attack in one round leads to extremely low damage, especially when he's sacrificed so many rogue levels already.

Prodan
2010-07-18, 12:40 AM
Not a great feat unless you've Hide in Plain Sight. Admittedly, he does have the prereqs for it already, but still, being limited to a single attack in one round leads to extremely low damage, especially when he's sacrificed so many rogue levels already.
If he picked up Combat Reflexes, he could go into Shadow Dancer.

Os1ris09
2010-07-18, 04:06 AM
If he picked up Combat Reflexes, he could go into Shadow Dancer.

OR just advance rogue or swashbuckler. Honestly shadow dancer might not offer him much.

Honestly for feat suggestions refer to PId6s' rogue handbook. Very well built and proof read by the GITP. :smallbiggrin:

acid_ninja
2010-07-18, 05:26 AM
Why not combat expertise? It will help with deadly defense and if you get a bonus feat from a PrC you can go improved trip or disarm to work with the whip

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-18, 09:51 AM
If you fight evil a lot, consider sacred strike. It would get you a damage boost to d8's for evil creatures and allow you sneak attack non-lethaly without penelty with any weapon. It is in BoED.

23minds
2010-07-18, 02:56 PM
Vexing or adaptable flanker might be good.