PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlets of Eldritch Energy

aeauseth
2010-07-18, 12:31 PM
Gauntlets of Eldritch Energy (MIC102) makes your next eldritch blast deal energy damage instead of the normal unclassed eldritch damage. It acts like an eldritch essence.

I'm not sure what you would use these for.

It doesn't appear to overcome Spell Resistance.
Not sure if it works on swarms. If it does than probably worth purchasing.
I would be semi-useful to get +50% to creatures that are susceptable to a particular type of energy.

Am I overlooking something. What makes these worth 5000gp?

Greenish
2010-07-18, 12:33 PM
Am I overlooking something. What makes these worth 5000gp?They're on the cover of this summer's Eldritch Vogue.

Glimbur
2010-07-18, 01:38 PM
It's bonus damage, not just changing the damage type of your eldritch blast. By my reading only the bonus damage has a type to it.

tyckspoon
2010-07-18, 01:44 PM
It's bonus damage, not just changing the damage type of your eldritch blast. By my reading only the bonus damage has a type to it.

That's the Gauntlets of Eldritch Admixture. The Gauntlets of Eldritch Energy do indeed change the damage type of the entire blast, and seem somewhat pointless unless your DM really likes to use the game's few Elemental Paper Rock Scissors mechanics.. or believes Sonic damage always ignores object hardness, in which case Gauntlets of Eldritch Thunder could be handy for breaking things.