PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Artificer Query

arguskos
2010-07-18, 06:26 PM
Ok, yet another Artificer query (actually, a few).

1. Are there any TWF-friendly, Artificer-friendly prestige classes? I'm guessing no, but I figured I'd ask. Dragon material is acceptable, by the by. And no, NOT Wand-based classes. Just standard TWF.

2. Were I to make magical ammo that increased my BAB to full when using that ammo only, how might I go about doing that? This character is a firearm user, and wants ammo that allows him to connect better with his shots. I was thinking ammo of divine power, but I'm not entirely sure how that would even work. Help?

Note: We are level 3, and probably not going to breach level 6 in this game (short play period).

Wings of Peace
2010-07-18, 06:28 PM
Ok, yet another Artificer query (actually, a few).

1. Are there any TWF-friendly, Artificer-friendly prestige classes? I'm guessing no, but I figured I'd ask. Dragon material is acceptable, by the by. And no, NOT Wand-based classes. Just standard TWF.

2. Were I to make magical ammo that increased my BAB to full when using that ammo only, how might I go about doing that? This character is a firearm user, and wants ammo that allows him to connect better with his shots. I was thinking ammo of divine power, but I'm not entirely sure how that would even work. Help?

1.) Cannith Wand Adept Nevermind

2.) No idea, but if he's an Artificer just make a Staff of Divine Power

arguskos
2010-07-18, 06:29 PM
1.) Cannith Wand Adept
As my OP says, NOT wands. :smalltongue: Also, I don't know the source there anyways to check on.

2.) No idea
Shucks.

Also, we're level 3. Might want to mention that bit. Sorry.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-18, 06:30 PM
There have been a few homebrewed artificer PrCs, but I don't know if any focused on TWFing. Outside of somehow weaseling your into Dagger-spell Something in CAdv and somehow having artificer shenanigans count as arcane casting, there's little you can do in RAW.

There is the Skillful enhancement which sets your BAB to 3/4 when using that weapon. Other than that, triggered divine power arrows would work, but that'd get expensive fast.

PId6
2010-07-18, 06:33 PM
1. Not that I'm aware of, but why do you need one? Just straight artificer should work well enough.

2. Again, why so complicated? Just get a Minor Schema of Divine Power, then Persist it everyday using Metamagic Spell Completion. If you're lower level than that, you can use a wand/staff + Metamagic Item instead.

arguskos
2010-07-18, 06:35 PM
There have been a few homebrewed artificer PrCs, but I don't know if any focused on TWFing. Outside of somehow weaseling your into Dagger-spell Something in CAdv and somehow having artificer shenanigans count as arcane casting, there's little you can do in RAW.
Fair enough.

There is the Skillful enhancement which sets your BAB to 3/4 when using that weapon. Other than that, triggered divine power arrows would work, but that'd get expensive fast.
Already have 3/4s (Artificers get it naturally). Yeah, the costs are gonna be high.

1. Not that I'm aware of, but why do you need one? Just straight artificer should work well enough.
Was mostly curious if one existed, since if it DID and was Artificer-friendly, then it'd be better than more Artificer. :smallbiggrin:

2. Again, why so complicated? Just get a Minor Schema of Divine Power, then Persist it everyday using Metamagic Spell Completion. If you're lower level than that, you can use a wand/staff + Metamagic Item instead.
Too low level. Don't have the feats to burn on Metamagic Item/Craft Schema/metamagic feats anyways. Might just have to make a wand, but I hate relying on wands, they're not very thematic, and I don't have the best UMD check ever. :smallsigh:

Coidzor
2010-07-18, 06:35 PM
There are very, very few artificer friendly PrCs. In fact, I can't think of any beyond Cannith wand adept which is basically only for the wand-wielding and powering shtick of artificers.

There be a reason why the Artificer Handbook says the best next level you can take is more cowbellArtificer.

PId6
2010-07-18, 06:39 PM
There are very, very few artificer friendly PrCs. In fact, I can't think of any beyond Cannith wand adept which is basically only for the wand-wielding and powering shtick of artificers.
There's also Unbound Scroll from Dragonmarked.

Too low level.
If you're that low level, full BAB won't make a huge difference anyhow compared to medium BAB. Just get regular +atk bonuses instead.

I don't have the best UMD check ever. :smallsigh:
I had to check the title again to make sure the word "artificer" is in there. It is. :smalleek:

arguskos
2010-07-18, 06:40 PM
If you're that low level, full BAB won't make a huge difference anyhow compared to medium BAB. Just get regular +atk bonuses instead.
That's the plan for now. We're level 3 at the moment, I'm just planning for my future. :smallamused:

I had to check the title again to make sure the word "artificer" is in there. It is. :smalleek:
No better way to play War Machine than Artificer. UMD just doesn't fit with the character design (now, I DO have UMD, but the check is only like a +7 right now, which isn't that great).