PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Deadly Evil: Roc Ness, Lyndworm, Tyrael, MikelaC1

Pages : [1] 2

Cadian 9th
2010-07-18, 08:03 PM
DM

The room you 4 stand in is 100ft wide and 100ft deep. There are several burning torches on the walls, and the carpeted floor is a dull red. At the north wall is a door, in the center of the wall: a large double door with a big heavy wooden look and metal doorknobs. A plate of metal fixed on the door reads Room 1 -"Business as Usual...".

The Eastern wall has 4 cubes, which glow with magic. They are signed as "Magic-Mart". A sign reads "Re-Rolls! Control your fate. Now for just 500gp, max 3 per customer, not available anywhere else. If we sell out, you miss out!"

The Western wall contains a series of empty Potraits. The Southern Wall has 4 "Phone Boxes", labelled "Save? Reload?"

You are aware of some rules, as listed on each phone box. You cannot create an effect that would render you unkillable. You cannot teleport outside of the room you are in. You cannot burrow beyond the boundries of the room you are in. You may not step on the grass.

Your objective is to reach the top floor. Says a glowing orb like creature, in a musical tone. Once you have, you will be rewarded! He says, before floating around and fading away.

Do as you wish here, buy any magic items etc, heal, cast pre-combat spells, talk if you want.

MikelaC1
2010-07-18, 08:51 PM
LYSINDRA

You see before you a very attractive woman, unusually tall for a woman (6'0") and obviously very fit. Her blonde hair is curly and reaches her shoulders, while her blue eyes sparkle. She wears no armour, but is clearly a warrior as two well used and very sharp short swords dangle from a belt at her hips. A billowing cloak flares out from her shoulders, it has no decorative sigils on it, and several other items of clothing and jewellry on her look much finer than normal.
She looks all of you over, and then very carefully pulls a small piece of cured leather from a pouch on the same belt that her swords are on.
Im just going to cast a spell on myself. Its purely defensive, and wont affect you
She casts and a shimmering field appears around her momentarily before seeming to merge with her.
Greater Mage Armour, Extend, Empower, +9 to AC, lasts 30 hours
My name is Lysindra, and it looks like we will be working together to get out of here. In that case, we need to know what each other can do. Im a warrior, and use my magic to improve myself. Its a school of magic called Abjurant Champion.
She looks at the glowing cubes on the wall.
I think I want one of those, if no one has an objection
She goes to see where she should put her 500 gold in...and does so when she figures it out.
After she is done, she checks out the phone boxes, to see if there are any explanations of what save and reload means

Cadian 9th
2010-07-18, 08:57 PM
Lysindra gains a slight vision. Its too hazy for her to make out now, but she can focus on it later and alter her fate a little. She feels her gold total drop 500gp.

As Lysindra approaches the Phone box, the Orb creature thing explains what they do.

You can choose to make a copy of yourself, and save it to the disk drive. Tehehe. When you die, you appear back here, unharmed but for a slight convinence fee for storing yourself in our server.

Lyndworm
2010-07-18, 08:57 PM
He stands tall, although not abnormally so (6'1) and seems unusually thin. From below his shoulders sprout a second, slightly smaller set of arms. His hard carapace is a dusty red-brown color, reminiscent of scrubland dirt. His eyes are bulbous, nearly touching save for his antennae, and are a bright amber coloration. His is four palms are gloved in brown leather with silver runes etched into the backs, and silver bands decorate his forearms. He wears a necklace made of malachite and black onyx, with a silver talisman hanging in the center. He also bears a black leather vest, which hangs from his lanky frame loosely, and a cloak as black as night. Other than that and a pair of shell-tight brown leather boots, he is completely nude.

The tall, twiggy guy says "I believe I brought all that I need. A reroll would be nice, but I'm a couple GP short, I'm afraid. Have you any desire to purchase goods, fellows?"

MikelaC1
2010-07-18, 09:06 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra looks at the tall man.
Being able to alter your fate could end up helping me in the final analysis. If you like, I can advance you the money to buy one of those things, if you would like.

Lysindra looks at the glowing orb
If I make the copy now, do I have to pay the fee now? And if I become better, can I do a recopy?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-18, 09:10 PM
You needn't pay anything for saving a copy of yourself! Oh tehehe, we have plenty space for you. With you in particular, I think the "Internet", sorry, "Spellpool" has a lot of space for you, tehehee! The Orb thing sings. You only pay when you fall in battle, or die in some other way.

Lyndworm
2010-07-18, 09:26 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

"That would be ever-so-wonderful; thank you very much. I'd only need a loan of about 10gp. I solemnly swear to pay you back at my earliest opportunity."

MikelaC1
2010-07-18, 09:32 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra approaches a phone box, and does whatever is necessary to activate the Save function and then gives K'kitchta the money he(?) needs.

Roc Ness
2010-07-18, 10:57 PM
Forrest
A strange, slight green-haired kid of medium height stirs from a (probably fake) slumber against the wall.

"Good day, y'all! My name's Privacy, because I feel like being different today. And good day to you, lady, and to you, ... sir?" The wierd guy calling himself privacy straightens out his simple clothing (a stark contrast to his personality, if personality could be seen and compared to attire), picks up the glaive propped against the wall behind him and strolls forward.

"I say, these things are useful, aren't they? Never fear dying as long as you've got cash. Maybe I should have bought less stuff last week..." "Privacy" activates the save function, and then pretends to go back to sleep leaning on his glaive.

Lyndworm
2010-07-19, 06:50 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

Depositing the 500gp required, K'kitchta purchases a reroll. After activating the Save function as well, he turns to his companions. "And a good day to you, sir. I'm K'kitchta Thok'k. I understand that my appearance leaves you a bit befuddled, but I assure you that I appear quite normal for one of my race. We are called Thri-Kreen, and I am indeed male."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-19, 06:51 PM
The Machines beep when you save.

Lix Lorn Hasn't turned up yet, shall I move her to another thread so you guys can start proper?

MikelaC1
2010-07-19, 08:36 PM
Give her a day, she was here pretty early. If you do move her, Tyrael expressed an interest in playing in my group, we have been in a few PbP together.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-19, 08:40 PM
Give her a day, she was here pretty early. If you do move her, Tyrael expressed an interest in playing in my group, we have been in a few PbP together.

Fair enough. We'll wait.

DM

Oh, I forgot to mention. You can't open any door except if you pass the challenge. The door will click and it will be, heehee, quite obvious it is unlocked. The neon sign should be obvious enough, but I've made mistakes before HehHEEE. Says the Orb.

MikelaC1
2010-07-19, 08:51 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra addresses the Orb.
All seems fair enough...but whats the deal with the empty portraits?

Roc Ness
2010-07-20, 01:43 AM
Forrest
Opens a (probably not) bleary eye.
"I should say those are for the valiant conquerers of the tower. Of which we are probably the first, and we haven't quite made it up there yet. Or perhaps those portraits will house those unable to pay the so-called 'death fee'? Nasty reminder to survivors, I should think."

"Incidently, given that we all appear so unusually trusting of complete strangers, I assume I should introduce myself properly too. My name is Forrest. It's a good name, and it has served me well all through my life."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-20, 02:21 AM
Well, those potraits are the adventurers who have survived this deadly tower and reached the end... See, look! Teheehee, perhaps you'll get there someday. the orb says.

Roc Ness
2010-07-20, 02:43 AM
Forrest
Raises a (now definitely not) bleary eyebrow. "Really? I look forward to finding the side exit, then."

MikelaC1
2010-07-20, 09:20 PM
LYSINDRA

(Pending whether or not others want to take any actions, such as saving themselves or buying re-rolls, they can do that, and then Lysindra will take the following action)

Lysindra heads over to the heavy wooden double door, and checks it out
Does anybody here have any sort of method of finding traps? Or, saving that, opening a door from a distance? If not, then I guess we do it the hard way and prepares to open the door if no one offers up their talents.

Tyrael
2010-07-20, 10:41 PM
Ghor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=224676)
Appearance:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3326/64271667.jpg

A large, hulking man suddenly appears in the room, swathed in a large black cloak and carrying a gigantic sword that looks almost longer than his entire body. Heavy black armor covers his entire body, and an enormous tower shield rests on his back on top of the sword. His left arm is covered in what looks like an enormous metal gauntlet. As he adjusts himself, the man looks around the room, reading the various signs. After nodding to himself, he walks over to the box marked Save and pulls the lever.

After doing so, the man looks around the group, and his eyes immediately swerve to settle on the amazingly attractive Lysindra. Walking over to her, he gives her a kind smile and offers his hand. "Well hello, Miss. You're the first friendly face I've seen in a while and very easy on the eyes to boot." His gaze dips downwards for a moment before returning to her face. "My name is Ghor, and though I don't quite know how I got here, I'll gladly go anywhere if you're around to look at."

OOC: What does the reroll consist of? I thought we used 40 Point Buy for our stats...

Lyndworm
2010-07-20, 11:31 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

"Greetings, Ghor. I'm sure that you'll be a valuable asset in navigating through this tower. Lysindra, you were asking about traps? Over the last few years I have become rather adept at finding and disabling such things." K'kitchta moves to the door in question and begins searching all around it.

Time for some rolls! If possible, I'm willing to take 10 or even 20.

Search check:
[roll0]

If I find anything worth rolling for, here's another roll!

Disable Device check:
[roll1]

Roc Ness
2010-07-21, 01:14 AM
Forrest
"If you need, I could poke the door from a good 22 feet away. Doubt how useful that would be, though. Or I could try to smash it with magic, but I doubt that's entirely necessary."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-21, 01:28 AM
K'kitchta Thok'k
The door is indeed a door. It has a handle and everything.

As Ghor pulls the lever, and presses the button, the Phone box makes a whirring sound and a bang. A receipt prints out slowly, stating that Ghor is indeed now backed up on the server. It also has a fuel discount coupon printed on it.

The re-roll allows you to re-roll a dice while adventuring, e.g a d20 or even a d6.

Roc Ness
2010-07-21, 01:41 AM
It also has a fuel discount coupon printed on it.

:smallbiggrin:

Forrest
"Given that it is just a door, I suggest walking through it carefully in case there is something nasty on the other side. Or even worse, if there is absolutely nothing on the other side."

"And yes, hello Ghor. Nice to meet another very trusting persona."

MikelaC1
2010-07-21, 11:55 AM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra sizes up Ghor for a moment, looking him over from head to toe.

Well, honestly, I have no idea of how I got here either, and as far as I know, at least according to this Orb, the only way out is to find the top floor whatever that means. So I'll be glad to take your aid, we'll probably need it all and more. By the way, my name is Lysindra

She turns for a moment to Forrest

And by my nature, I do happen to be a trusting person. Unless, of course, theres some reason I shouldnt trust you? I somehow doubt that you would imprison yourself with us as well, unless its some sort of bizarre experiment. Just dont give me a reason not to trust you, we dont need that as well as whatever is trying to kill us in the tower.

She turns back to Ghor.

If you have some money to invest, you might want to take a look at those things they call re-rolls, the Orb says they give you a momentary look into the very near future, perhaps altering your fate more to your liking. Could be handy at times.

She looks back to the door, and Thok'k.

Its clear, you say? Then lets get moving and moves to take the handle and pull open the door.

Tyrael
2010-07-21, 12:06 PM
Ghor nods thoughtfully. "Mmm. Good idea, Lysindra."

He jogs back and pulls the Reroll lever three times, then jogs to catch up with the party as they head through the door.

Buying three rerolls for 1,500gp.

Lyndworm
2010-07-21, 03:22 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

The bugman moves aside, making a flourishing motion in order to show off the door. "Of course, Lysindra. Ladies first, and all that." Raising a hand to get the newcomer's attention, he says "I'm K'kitchta, by the way."

Tyrael
2010-07-21, 04:32 PM
Ghor furrows his brow. "K'...Kichy...Kritka...Umm...tell you what, I'll just call you Bugger."

Lyndworm
2010-07-21, 05:33 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

"I've hear a whole lot worse. Go with whatever makes you happy; you'll be saying it more than I will."

MikelaC1
2010-07-21, 05:57 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra takes a moment to sprinkle a concoction of granite and diamond dust on herself, using her Abjurant Champion ability to Extend the spell (will last for 200 minutes, if it doesnt run out due to strikes on her) the stoneskin spell she casts.
She then opens the far door, getting ready to either cast another spell or draw her second weapon.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-21, 07:47 PM
DM

Opening the door reveals a room 100 ft by 100ft - There is a door at 5,5 and another at 10,0. The door you came through is at 10,5.

There are two massive troll creatures stading in the center of the room. They wear shining plate armour and carry massive, yet thin, blades which they wield with incredible finesse. They roar a challenge!

" Eh! Get ovr here, so I can put your head on me pointy stick!" One says, and you spot a rack of skulls and fresh heads on his back spike.

Ini: [roll0]

Map:

{table]_|1_|2_|3_|4_|5_|6_|7_|8_|9_|10_|
1|
2|
3|
4|||||T|T||T|T|
5|||||T|T||T|T|
6|
7|
8|
9|
10|||||X|[/table]

MikelaC1
2010-07-21, 08:04 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra is more than willing to take on this challenge, and is a blur of motion as she goes into action.

[roll0] Initiative
Swift Action: Empowered Shield spell on self
Standard Action: Cast Displacement spell on self
Move Action: Draw second weapon

Come and get some you ugly brutes

Current AC:57, Stoneskin 100/0, Displacement

Tyrael
2010-07-21, 09:51 PM
Ghor reaches onto his back and unsheathes the enormous sword. The huge tower shield also lifts itself off him and begins hovering at his side. Resting his gigantic blade over one shoulder, Ghor gives the trolls a humorless grin.

"Let's dance."

[roll0]

Lyndworm
2010-07-21, 10:42 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

Peeking inside the room, K'kitchta sees the massive trolls. "This is either going to be very interesting or very disappointing."

Initiative:
[roll0]

Current AC: 38

Roc Ness
2010-07-22, 01:53 AM
OOC: Could you say how high the ceiling is? For future reference?

Forrest
"A har, har, har. Play by my rules, my good man. Incidently, I won't be telling you those rules."

[roll0] Initiative

EDIT: Do the trolls get a surprise round, or should I post actions?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 04:06 AM
DM

Everyone but Ghor gets to go first. The Trolls are yet still thinking (being stupid and unintelligent and all) so you guys act with lighting speed and can get the drop on them.

From now on, I will simply describe the rooms and creatures, roll ini. When you roll ini, if you win, clearly that is, go ahead and post.

Roc Ness
2010-07-22, 04:30 AM
Forrest
"Right-O. Which one of you trolls would like to try a loophole I found in my own rules?"

Swift Action: Cast Haste
Move Action: Move to square 1_/10.
Standard Action: Cast Wall of Force, arranged so as to completely enclose and trap the troll to the far right.
Bonus Standard Action: Cast Empowered Orb of Fire.
[roll0] Ranged Touch Attack (+1 Bonus From Haste)
[roll1] Fire Damage, Empowered to become 63 Fire Damage.
[roll2] Extra Fire Based Damaged from Improved Skirmish and Swift Surge abilities.

AC for this round is 35 (+5 from Improved Skirmish, +1 from Haste)
Forrest has 50% Miss Chance for Melee and Ranged Attacks, as well as individually targetted spells.

Lyndworm
2010-07-22, 04:41 AM
K'kitchta Thok'k

K'kitchta immediately rushes forward and leaps high into the air, coming down on the nearest brute in a flurry of claws.

Okeydoke, this is going to take a while to write up...

K'kitchta has the Pounce ability, the Battle Jump feat (if he lands on a creature from 10ft or more it counts as a Charge attack and deals double damage) and the Flying Kick feat (if he attacks with an Unarmed Strike at the end of a Charge, it deals double damage). I assume this means triple damage for each of the fifteen attacks, but I'll defer to your judgment, Cadian.

K'kitchta moves up to 100ft forward before jumping, and the jump is not limited by how much movement remains.

Superfluous Jump check:
[roll0]

Attacks:
Attack 1:
[roll1]

Damage 1:
[roll2] +1 Con damage

Attack 2:
[roll3]

Damage 2:
[roll4] +1 Con damage

Attack 3:
[roll5]

Damage 3:
[roll6] +1 Con damage

Attack 4:
[roll7]

Damage 4:
[roll8] +1 Con damage

Attack 5:
[roll9]

Damage 5:
[roll10] +1 Con damage

Attack 6:
[roll11]

Damage 6:
[roll12] +1 Con damage

Attack 7:
[roll13]

Damage 7:
[roll14] +1 Con damage

Attack 8:
[roll15]

Damage 8:
[roll16] +1 Con damage

Attack 9:
[roll17]

Damage 9:
[roll18] +1 Con damage

Attack 10:
[roll19]

Damage 10:
[roll20] +1 Con damage

Attack 11:
[roll21]

Damage 11:
[roll22] +1 Con damage

Attack 12:
[roll23]

Damage 12:
[roll24] +1 Con damage

Attack 13:
[roll25]

Damage 13:
[roll26] +1 Con damage

Attack 14:
[roll27]

Damage 14:
[roll28] +1 Con damage

Bite Attack:
[roll29]

Bite Damage:
[roll30]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 04:53 AM
DM

Lyndworm
Flying kick does +1d12 damage when you charge and end with an unarmed strike. It only applies to one attack.

Before K'kitchta Thok'k can reach the troll, it makes a slash with its sword. [roll0] for [roll1]

Crit confirm (if) [roll2] for an extra [roll3] [roll4] strength damage on a crit.

If you are hit, you must make a reflex save vs the damage dealt or be knocked back 10ft.

K'kitchta Thok'k hits with all attacks but his bite. The troll shudders slightly from the impact.

Roc Ness
Your orb hits the troll, yet it Absorbs a lot of damage.

MikelaC1
Your effects are acknowledged, they haven't noticed you just yet :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2010-07-22, 04:58 AM
OoC:
I was using the Updated Flying Kick feat from the same source as the Homebrew Monk I'm using;

FLYING KICK [General]
You literally leap into battle, dealing devastating damage.
Prerequisites: Str 13, Jump 4 ranks, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack
Benefit: Your unarmed strikes deal double damage on a charge.
I assumed that it was approved since it was part of the same Homebrew, but in retrospect I probably should have clarified. It's no big deal to me either way.

Also, the Troll's attack misses K'kitchta's AC. For future reference, my character has the Greater Blurring property, which means that he always has concealment. Which means that he can always make Hide checks and (most_ enemies have a 20% miss chance.

By the way, shuddered? The troll shuddered? I dealt 524 base damage and the thing shudders? :smalleek:

Roc Ness
2010-07-22, 05:25 AM
OoC:
By the way, shuddered? The troll shuddered? I dealt 524 base damage and the thing shudders? :smalleek:

OoC
Don't trolls have that thing where unless the damage is fire or acid based all attacks are nonlethal and immediately healed? I'm worried about whether this'll turn out to be one of them Emerald Legion warriors... :smalleek:

@Cadian 9th: Issat troll trapped (for now)? Or does the spell not work?

MikelaC1
2010-07-22, 07:28 AM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra closes the distance with her troll, as her blades start weaving in a deadly pattern

[roll0] attack #1
[roll1] attack #2
[roll2] attack #3
[roll3] attack #4
[roll4] attack #5
[roll5] attack #6
[roll6] damage #1
[roll7] damage #2
[roll8] damage #3
[roll9] damage #4
[roll10] damage #5
[roll11] damage #6

MikelaC1
2010-07-22, 07:32 AM
Attack #3 is a critical threat, confirming here. To me it looks like #5 and #6 missed, so the base damage is 69, with the confirm coming up

[roll0] Confirm
[roll1] extra damage

Tyrael
2010-07-22, 10:23 AM
Ghor charges forward with heedless abandon. Soaring high into the air, he swings his mighty blade down with enough force to slice a horse in two. Following through with the momentum of the strike, he lets his blade spin his entire body around for a second slash, then uses his weight as a fulcrum to bring in a mighty third walloping strike.

Chaaaaarge! Attacking the troll on the right.
Power Attack -15, Shock Trooper to transfer that to AC, Leap Attack, Pounce.
[roll0][roll1]+[roll2]+180+15=225
[roll3][roll4]+[roll5]+180+15=211
[roll6][roll7]+[roll8]+180+15=221

Attack 1: Troll must make a DC 225 Reflex save or be Bull Rushed(STR check vs 19) and knocked prone(no save).
Attack 2: Troll must make a DC 211 Reflex save or be Bull Rushed(STR check vs 22) and knocked prone(no save).
Attack 3: Troll must make a DC 221 Reflex save or be Bull Rushed(STR check vs 26) and knocked prone(no save).

My AC vs the Impending AoO is 47 because the attack wasn't made at that time. After the attack, AC is now 30 for the rest of this turn.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 05:45 PM
From general knowledge about trolls, you know that you require acid damage to deal lethal damage to them.

...The Troll shudders, and then falls. It is helpless but on its turn it uses an ability to regain some HP, then regenerates back some damage. The Troll bursts into flames, and Roars!

Lysindra, before you reach the troll it takes an attack of opportunity, [roll0] for [roll1] and you must make a reflex save = Damage dealt or be knocked back 10ft and prone.

Tyrael, by the way, I will resolve your turn after the trolls turn.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 06:03 PM
So Your attacks all hit home, Lysindra.

The Trolls Turn!
There is a loud bang and a halfling bursts behind the trolls. " Rock on! " He says, strumming cords on a guitar. Instantly the troll's weapons burst into flame as the halfling reaches a solo. When he starts showing the devil horns, K-Man feels tendrils of ectoplasm entangle him (Yes, you are entangled) as does Lysindra and Forest, though Ghor is untouched so far.

The killed troll heals himself and then regenerates, bursts into flame and then smashes into K-man with the force of a hurricane, smashing into him.
Maneouver: Opposed Strength checks please: [roll0] if you fail you take [roll1] damage and then you are pushed along - if you hit the wall (5 squares) you take [roll2] damage.

The other troll teleports out of his prison and moves up within reach of Forest, flurrying with his massive sword.
[roll3] for [roll4]
[roll5] for [roll6]

Crit confirms (if) [roll7] for [roll8] + [roll9] strength damage.
[roll10] for [roll11] + [roll12] strength damage

The halfing is at 1,10.

Do as you will now.

@ Tyrael: The troll cannot hit you and I don't want to have to roll so you hit home. It "dies", so you guys can Coup De Grace it if you feel like it. You will still take damage from hitting him with a weapon.

Lyndworm
2010-07-22, 07:15 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

Strength check:
[roll0]

My Monk levels allow me to use my Dex+Wis in place of Str, so I've factored in the -4 Dex penalty for being Entangled.
The tall, buggy fellow picks himself back up, reaching into the pack on his side as he does so. He draws a great many small, pointed weapons and flings them at the downed Troll.

14 more attacks!

K'kitchta throws 14 +1 Corrosive Shurikens.

Attacks:
Attack 1:
[roll1]

Damage 1:
[roll2] +[roll3] Acid damage

Attack 2:
[roll4]

Damage 2:
[roll5] +[roll6] Acid damage

Attack 3:
[roll7]

Damage 3:
[roll8] +[roll9] Acid damage

Attack 4:
[roll10]

Damage 4:
[roll11] +[roll12] Acid damage

Attack 5:
[roll13]

Damage 5:
[roll14] +[roll15] Acid damage

Attack 6:
[roll16]

Damage 6:
[roll17] +[roll18] Acid damage

Attack 7:
[roll19]

Damage 7:
[roll20] +[roll21] Acid damage

Attack 8:
[roll22]

Damage 8:
[roll23] +[roll24] Acid damage

Attack 9:
[roll25]

Damage 9:
[roll26] +[roll27] Acid damage

Attack 10:
[roll28]

Damage 10:
[roll29] +[roll30] Acid damage

Attack 11:
[roll31]

Damage 11:
[roll32] +[roll33] Acid damage

Attack 12:
[roll34]

Damage 12:
[roll35] +[roll36] Acid damage

Attack 13:
[roll37]

Damage 13:
[roll38] +[roll39] Acid damage

Attack 14:
[roll40]

Damage 14:
[roll41] +[roll42] Acid damage

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 07:24 PM
You need to CdG it to kill it... but fair enough you kill it :smallbiggrin:. Remember you have been knocked prone, how did you stand up and make a full attack? (I've missed somthing, prolly)
Also, you took the damage, right?

Lyndworm
2010-07-22, 07:57 PM
OoC:
Sorry, that's my bad. I have the Back on Your Feet skill trick, which lets me stand from Prone as a free action. I completely forgot to mention that I was using it.

Thank you for reminding me about the damage; I'll go update my sheet right away.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 08:14 PM
Ahh, Ok. Sure thing, you kill it fine! Lyndworm gets 1000gp, Lysindra gets 500gp. The other troll is still alive, by the way, as is the halfling.

" Here I am,
Rock you like a Hurricane!"
The Halfling sings. His guitar-work is flawless.

MikelaC1
2010-07-22, 08:30 PM
OOC-Firstly, my question in the OOC thread, and second, about the gold that we just 'scored'. Do you keep track of that or do we, and does it just sort of "appear" in front of us, or is more like something we have on account, and can spend in the safe room?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 08:55 PM
You guys should keep track of your gold, to explain it IC, you just get a sense that you got some gold. Like, that feeling you get when you feel you've won something in the lotery.

MikelaC1
2010-07-22, 08:59 PM
LYSINDRA

Despite being entangled, Lysindra is still able to cast a spell, using her Still spell ability (no somantic components). She hurls an Orb of Force at the halfling, and just to be mean about it, she Empowers it as well

[roll0] ranged touch attack
[roll1] damage

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 09:06 PM
The Halfling looks shocked and his music stops... He falls with a cry and a whimper. 250gp to Lysindra.

MikelaC1
2010-07-22, 09:14 PM
OOC-I feel like Im in an episode of Harry Potter....250 points for Grippendorf Lysindra

Roc Ness
2010-07-23, 03:55 AM
Forrest
Takes a quick glance at the halfling. "There's a wierd one."

He then turns his attention to the threat before him.

OoC (@Cadian 9th):
If that Troll can cast Arcane Spells or Invocations, he takes an extra 12 damage from each blow. Doesn't count if he only has Spell-Likes.

Also, I hope you've rolled that miss chance somewhere! :smalltongue:

Actions this Round:
Swift Action: Not used. Saved for Wings of Cover, which will be cast in response to the first attack to strike Forrest. ([roll0] Concentration, due to entanglement)

Bonus Move Action: Tumble 10ft to avoid AoOs, moving to or staying within 10ft of the troll. ([roll1] Tumble)

Free Action: Expend 6th level spell slot for Arcane Strike

Full Round Action: Full Attack
Attack 1:
[roll2] Attack (+6 Arcane Strike, +1 Haste, -2 Entaglement, -6 Power Attack)
[roll3] Damage (Adamantine, Magic, +12 Power Attack)
[roll4] Extra Arcane Strike Damage
[roll5] Extra Skirmish and Swift Surge Damage

Attack 2:
[roll6] The Roll is Actually 37 (forgot -5 penalty for second attack) Attack (+6 Arcane Strike, +1 Haste, -2 Entaglement, -6 Power Attack)
[roll7] Damage (Adamantine, Magic, +12 Power Attack)
[roll8] Extra Arcane Strike Damage
[roll9] Extra Skirmish and Swift Surge Damage

Attack 3:
[roll10] The Roll is Actually 32 (forgot -10 penalty for third attack) Attack (+6 Arcane Strike, +1 Haste, -2 Entaglement, -6 Power Attack)
[roll11] Damage (Adamantine, Magic, +12 Power Attack)
[roll12] Extra Arcane Strike Damage
[roll13] Extra Skirmish and Swift Surge Damage

Statistical Changes This Round:
AC 33, 50% Miss Chance against all attacks and targetted spell effects.

EDIT: Umm, d'oh? Forgot penalties for iteratives in the attack rolls, but that's easy enough to fix.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-23, 04:45 AM
@Rocness
Oops I missed your misschance, :smallbiggrin:, I will roll now:
Attack 1: [roll0] 2 is a hit.
2: [roll1] 2 is a hit.

You knock some serious blows into the thing. Each hit you are hurt (do you have >10ft reach, if so ignore the damage) by flame damage
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Total 37 flame damage

Roc Ness
2010-07-23, 05:08 AM
@Rocness
Oops I missed your misschance, :smallbiggrin:, I will roll now:
Attack 1: [roll0] 2 is a hit.
2: [roll1] 2 is a hit.

Okay, so no hits. :smallbiggrin:

You knock some serious blows into the thing. Each hit you are hurt (do you have >10ft reach, if so ignore the damage) by flame damage
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Total 37 flame damage

I got a Glaive, that gives me 10ft reach. Hooray!

MikelaC1
2010-07-25, 12:13 AM
Next round of actions for everyone? In the rest of the round that Lysindra started out by blasting the singing hobbit?

Lyndworm
2010-07-25, 12:15 AM
OoC:
Has Ghor taken his turn this round, yet?

Roc Ness
2010-07-25, 12:22 AM
OoC:
Nope. Oh Tyraaaaeeelll!

Cadian 9th
2010-07-25, 03:24 AM
Hey guys, Lyndworm has to get his new, slightly less OTT sheet cleared (on personal preference) and then we can go. Lysindra and Forest have gone so Lyndworm's turn is up. The troll is almost dead I think, Ghor's turn will come up soon.

MikelaC1
2010-07-26, 09:13 PM
Where, oh where, has Tyrael gone?

Lyndworm
2010-07-26, 09:14 PM
K'kitchta Thok'k

Turning to face the remaining troll, the bugman opens his mouth to speak and disappears. In his place appears a small man wearing a silver chainshirt and a black cloak over flowing purple robes. At the man's feet are ten golden coins.

Timothy Meadows

"Hello. I'm a little new to all this, but I think I've got down the important bits." The man screws up is face and focuses for a moment before lifting his hand. "Uvelucal, ixen, vur xarzith buatleb!" Showing his open palm, he points his hand towards the troll and a small glowing orb flies towards the troll, growing in size.

Casting an Acid Orb, modified to do 98% acid, 1% fire and 1% cold damage.

Ranged Touch Attack:
[roll0] +1 if within 30ft (I don't recall)

Damage:
[roll1] +50% dice (29) = 151
Damage is 98% Acid (148.47), 1% Fire (1.515+15=16.515), 1% Cold (1.515+15=16.515)

The troll gets a Fort save (DC 24) for half damage. If the troll fails then he takes a -2 penalty on attacks & skill checks until the start of my next turn. Either way, the area is covered in frost and any creature moving through the area must make a Balance check or fall Prone (DC 20 if Running or Charging, otherwise DC 10). Additionally, he must make another Fort save (DC 24) or take a -2 penalty to Dex and become Fatigued.

Tyrael
2010-07-26, 10:25 PM
Whoops, sorry. Didn't realize it was my turn already.

Continuing his wild chain of slashes, Ghor pivots around his blade, then charges towards the other troll, his sword dragging sparks on the ground until he leaps high into the air and brings it down with crushing force.

Chaaaaarge! Attacking the other troll left.
Power Attack -15, Shock Trooper to transfer that to AC, Leap Attack, Pounce.
[roll0][roll1][roll2]+180+15=229
[roll3][roll4][roll5]+180+15=220
[roll6][roll7][roll8]+180+15=220

Attack 1: Troll must make a DC 229 Reflex save or be [roll9] and knocked prone(no save).
Attack 2: Troll must make a DC 220 Reflex save or be [roll10] and knocked prone(no save).
Attack 3: Troll must make a DC 220 Reflex save or be [roll11] and knocked prone(no save).

AC is 30 for the rest of my turn.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-26, 11:01 PM
DM

Through the combined efforts of Timmy and Ghor the troll drops. Tyrael gets 500gp and Timmy gets 250gp. Kit's gold carries over to timmy. I'm going to ignore that Timmy's spell is stopping Ghor from charging. Fort save, ahh CBB. -2 it is and again so -6.

AOO: [roll0] for [roll1]

And Tyrael takes [roll2] fire damage unless he has reach.

Looking at Tyrael, I am adamant that that is absolutely fine as a build with mulit-attacks.

Next rooms:
The door opposite the one you cam through is labelled Room 3 - " They're coming out of the goddamm walls!" and the door to the left of the one you came through is named Room 2 - "An Unexpected Party...". The doors look nice. Shame about the splatter though.

Tyrael
2010-07-26, 11:15 PM
((OOC: Ahhh, I love my DR 20/-. :smallbiggrin:))

Covered in troll blood, Ghor gives a hellish grin and swings his enormous blade up to balance on his shoulder. "That wasn't so bad," he remarks despite the blood running down his side.

"Which way next?"

Lyndworm
2010-07-26, 11:28 PM
Timothy Meadows

"I like the sound of the Walls one, to be honest." Little Timmy wipes a bit of troll gore from his face.

Before we enter the next room, "Lil' Tim" will cast Greater Mage armor and Persistent Shield on himself, bringing his AC to the low, low score of 31.

Roc Ness
2010-07-27, 01:10 AM
Forrest
"If we're going into the Walls one, I'll stop them from emerging from the floor. That should help, I believe?"

Lyndworm
2010-07-27, 01:29 AM
Timothy Meadows

Two gossamer wings point straight up from the little creature's back and he takes off. As he flutters over by the door to get a better look, he says "I can't imagine it would hurt anything... With that big ol' bug gone do we have anyone can search for traps or the like?"

Cadian 9th
2010-07-27, 05:43 PM
Hmmm, no love for an Unexpected Party? :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2010-07-27, 06:00 PM
OoC:
That was my second choice, actually. :smallwink:

Cadian 9th
2010-07-27, 07:51 PM
Ah, what was your third? :smallbiggrin:

MikelaC1
2010-07-27, 08:28 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra studies both the doors, her magical armour still shimmering about her.

Didnt the Orb say something about having to go through all the doors in order? If thats the case, I think we will be forced to go through #2 first, no matter what our opinions are.

OOC: Lysindra lent money to Lyndworms original PC to buy a re-roll. Does the new PC have that re-roll carrying forward and the debt to her?

Lyndworm
2010-07-27, 09:17 PM
OoC:
I actually said what happened to the money way back when the pixie first appeared:

In his place appears a small man wearing a silver chainshirt and a black cloak over flowing purple robes. At the man's feet are ten golden coins.

You're welcome to them, of course. :smalltongue:

Roc Ness
2010-07-28, 02:59 AM
Forrest
"Huh. Well, that makes sense. Who wants to go to the correctly labelled room?"

Cadian 9th
2010-07-28, 04:57 AM
From what you know, yes, you can go through in any order however you must explore each room in order to find the next level teleporter.

MikelaC1
2010-07-28, 10:27 AM
LYSINDRA

Worried that her guardian spells might eventually lapse, Lysindra proceeds to kick open the door labeled An Unexpected Party, readying herself for the battle within.

[roll0] Initiative

Lyndworm
2010-07-28, 02:30 PM
Timothy Meadows

"I guess that wraps up the issue quite nicely." The pixie darts forward swiftly, his wings blurring almost out of sight.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Roc Ness
2010-07-29, 01:04 AM
Forrest
"So, we'll be taking the non-wall-monster room, then?"

[roll0] Initiative

Tyrael
2010-07-29, 01:14 AM
Ghor shrugs and steps forward. "Let's tear it up, then."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-29, 07:47 PM
Tyrael's Ini: [roll0]
Monster Ini: [roll1]

Room 2 "An Unexpected Party..."
This room is dominated by a large table in the center, stacked with lovely food. Golden goblets and platters of fruit feature, yet the feature you see immediately is the delicous cake. It looks delicous and moist.

Map

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|
1|
2|
3|
4|
5|
6|
7||||||[]|[]|
8|||||E|[]|[]|E|
9||||||[]|[]|
10|||||E|[]|[]|E|
11|
12|
13|
14|
15|X|[/table]

There are 4 elven wizards who stand up from their chairs. They wear blue flowing robes, and look nice. " The tea is getting cold, please, leave! " One says, powering up a spell.

Not really casting, but just RP

If you won Ini, go ahead!

Roc Ness
2010-07-30, 02:12 AM
OoC: Is this a puzzle, or do we attack them?

Lyndworm
2010-07-30, 02:33 AM
Timothy Meadows

"I get it! We're the unexpected party! But if they knew that we were coming, doesn't that mean they've been expecting us...? Those elves are liars!"

MikelaC1
2010-07-30, 10:11 AM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra steps forward, never lowering her two deadly short swords

Who are you, why are you here, and most importantly are you the ones responsible for bringing us here? Answer quickly, my patience only lasts for so long.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-30, 07:33 PM
Hmmm, They want to get rid of you,it's as much a puzzle as a demoltion job. Just hit the button and stuff explodes.

DM

" You're a fine one to talk about patience. Now get out of my sight, this is our cake. " Says the elf.

CAKE CHALLENGE! FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

MikelaC1
2010-07-30, 09:30 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra's patience, never in huge supply, is completely put out by the challenge issued by the elven wizards. She steps forward, attacking the wizard closest to her

Primary weapon
[roll0] attack #1
[roll1] attack #2
[roll2] attack #3

Secondary weapon
[roll3] attack #1
[roll4] attack #2
[roll5] attack #3

Damage
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

HP: 157, AC:57 T:31 FF: 49 Active Buff: Greater Mage Armour, Shield, Displacement

Cadian 9th
2010-07-31, 02:31 AM
Before Lysindra starts her attack but after she reaches the wizard, the wizard teleports away, appearing 10ft away with a grin.

Roc Ness
2010-07-31, 04:54 AM
Forrest
"Mystic wiseguys, eh? Oh, have I got ways of dealing with you."

OoC: I'm assuming haste is still up.

Actions:
Swift Action: None as of yet.
Move Action: Move ten feet away from Mr. Teleport Wizard.
Standard Action: Cast Wall of Force to wall in Mr. Teleport Wizard and Forrest. The wall will still have an open top, and will still allow a 20ft space to maneuver, while still within the antimagic field's (see below) boundaries.
Bonus Standard Action: Cast Antimagic Field. Note: Haste and all abilities associated with the spell still function in the Antimagic Field.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-31, 08:00 PM
DM

In the elven turn, they all fall back, then set about casting a lot of spells in a very small ammount of time. The one trapped inside the force wall simply laughs and summons a giant beetle thing with horns just outside of his prison. The thing charges at Forest and gores him with a massive horn [roll0] for [roll1] damage. The other wizards all turn invisible and One fires a fireball at you all. You take 54 damage (all, reflex half DC 20).

DM Only:
Wiz 3 casts Summon 4, invisible howler.
Wiz 4 does the same.
Wizes 2,3,4 have used Quickened Invisibiltiy.

You guys are up.

Roc Ness
2010-07-31, 08:37 PM
DM

In the elven turn, they all fall back, then set about casting a lot of spells in a very small ammount of time. The one trapped inside the force wall simply laughs and summons a giant beetle thing with horns just outside of his prison. The thing charges at Forest and gores him with a massive horn [roll0] for [roll1] damage. The other wizards all turn invisible and One fires a fireball at you all. You take 54 damage (all, reflex half DC 20).

I'd like to remind you that I'm in the forcewall too (beetle can't reach me if its outside the wall). Also, I've got an antimagic field up that also encloses the wizard, so I'm not sure if the wizard can summon the beetle (just say so if I'm wrong).

Cadian 9th
2010-07-31, 09:02 PM
I'd like to remind you that I'm in the forcewall too (beetle can't reach me if its outside the wall). Also, I've got an antimagic field up that also encloses the wizard, so I'm not sure if the wizard can summon the beetle (just say so if I'm wrong).

Hah, but I already rolled your sense motive check :smallbiggrin:

Correct, thanks. Feel free to remind of those things people If I miss them. And by the way, while Haste remains, you do not gain the effects until you are outside the field.

In that case, the wizard laughs at you, and readies an action. Another wizard summons the Beetle and charges at Lysindra instead.

DM Only
Readied action: 5ft step, if Forest acts.
1 less invisble howler :smallbiggrin:

Continue. :smallsmile:

MikelaC1
2010-07-31, 09:16 PM
LYSINDRA

[roll0] Reflex save for fireball

if the same attack roll applies for beetle charge on Lysindra, it missed

on her round, Lysindra gestures toward the area the wizards are in, casting a Greater Dispel Magic attempting to knock down their invisibility spells

[roll1] Dispel check
[roll2] Dispel check
[roll3] Dispel check
[roll4] Dispel check

Roc Ness
2010-07-31, 10:29 PM
And by the way, while Haste remains, you do not gain the effects until you are outside the field.

Interpret the following as you will, although I think this means that haste can no longer be suppressed by antimagic field. For now, though, all actions, rolls etc. will be made assuming haste doesn't function.

Fortified Hustle (Ex): At 6th level, you learn how to intuitively absorb the haste spell into your body. While under the effect of a haste spell that you cast yourself, the effect becomes extraordinary rather than a continuous spell effect, and therefore cannot be dispelled by any means. The haste spell otherwise functions as it normally would, is expended normally, and can be countered as a spell at the moment of casting.

Also, I'm not sure if the fireball can go through the antimagic field (it'll bypass the forcewall, anyhow), but here's a reflex save anyway: [roll0]

Anyhow, on to IC stuff:

Forrest
"Why do you laugh? As you can see, your personal situation has been severely compromised, and I happen to be an expert at defeating magicians."

Actions:
Swift Action: None
Full Attack Action: Targetting the wizard stuck with Forrest in the antimagic forcewall enclosure.
[roll1] Attack (-6 from being in an Antimagic Field, -5 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll2] Damage (-6 from being in an Antimagic Field, +6 vs. Favoured Enemy Arcanists, +15 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll3] Attack (-6 from being in an Antimagic Field, -5 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll4] Damage (-6 from being in an Antimagic Field, +6 vs. Favoured Enemy Arcanists, +15 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll5] Attack (-6 from being in an Antimagic Field, -5 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll6] Damage (-6 from being in an Antimagic Field, +6 vs. Favoured Enemy Arcanists, +15 Favoured Power Attack)

OoC: Don't forget that Mr. Mage looses any magic bonuses to AC, miss chance, etc.

Lyndworm
2010-07-31, 10:57 PM
Ref Save:
[roll0]

The little pixie winks out of sight before zipping high into the air. Pointing his finger where the orange bead of fire originated, he shouts "Ixengarmth!" and a similar bead flies from his finger, exploding shortly after.

Casting Fireball. Aiming for the square from which the enemy Fireball originated.

Damage:
[roll1]

Reflex for half, DC 23.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-01, 04:37 AM
@Roc Ness; Perhaps I need some more sleep as well. I missed the fact you were reffering to a class feature and not the spell description(s). Your haste stands, though even without the bonus you score no hits.

DM

The elf in the force wall laughs as Forest's blade bounces off his shiny elven chainmail.

DM Only
Who are you and why are you reading a DM only spoiler?

[roll0]
[roll1]
Jaunt!

A slight glimmer apears as an elf teleports. One elf is outlined briefly from the flames, but dissapears still.

MikelaC1
2010-08-01, 10:53 AM
LYSINDRA

OOC: No elf appears as a result of my GDM? I did get a 35 on one of the checks?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-01, 06:16 PM
LYSINDRA

OOC: No elf appears as a result of my GDM? I did get a 35 on one of the checks?

I cannot tell you that, but the glimmer of teleportation should tell you something.:smallwink:

Roc Ness
2010-08-02, 12:58 AM
OoC: These elven wizards have Factotum on their other side, don't they?

MikelaC1
2010-08-02, 08:04 AM
OOC: Status check? How many elves are visible, and where are they? Anything cast by us blocking access to them?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-02, 05:37 PM
There is a giant beetle thing with a huge horn. You can see forest attacking a wizard inside the force wall. You cannot see any other wizards.

MikelaC1
2010-08-02, 06:04 PM
Whose turn is it to attack, because Lysindra is going to hammer the giant beetle thing.

Roc Ness
2010-08-03, 03:54 AM
I've gone, you've gone and Chik Oops, I mean Lyndworm has gone, so unless Cadian hasn't given the elves their turn it should be Tyrael's turn. C'mon Tyrael, you don't actually have too wait for the right initiative count to post.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-03, 04:01 AM
Okay, We'll have Tyrael delay. No use waiting, he just won't get kill gold.

Lysindra, you're up! Then monsters, Forest, Timy and Ghor.

Tyrael
2010-08-03, 04:32 AM
Woah, wait, I'm delaying? Eh? I didn't even know it was my turn. :smallannoyed:

I'll get a post up tomorrow.

Roc Ness
2010-08-03, 04:38 AM
Woah, wait, I'm delaying? Eh? I didn't even know it was my turn. :smallannoyed:

I'll get a post up tomorrow.

XD

Don't worry! :smallbiggrin:

Cadian 9th
2010-08-03, 04:39 AM
Mate, go for it. Post away! Lysindra hasn't gone yet anyways.

MikelaC1
2010-08-03, 09:32 AM
(And now Lysindra is going, getting a bit confusing)

LYSINDRA

Lysindra doesnt even bat an eye at the teleporting wizard, willing to deal with the horned beetle for now. She spins with her silks swirling, to attack the beast

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

MikelaC1
2010-08-03, 09:34 AM
attack roll #5 (which is actually the second attack with her off hand weapon) is a threat, rolling confirm and damage

[roll0] Confirm
[roll1]

Tyrael
2010-08-03, 02:29 PM
"Time to crash the party then," Ghor says with a wicked grin. Swinging his enormous blade down, he charges forward with a shout, slamming into the nearest wizard and sending the frail man flying away.

I don't quite know where I am or which wizard is where, so I'll just charge the closest one.

Power Attack -15, Converting attack penalty to AC. Not using Pounce this time because I think it might be overkill.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
TOTAL 227
Now he needs to make a DC 227 Reflex Save or be Bull Rushed and knocked prone. I'm going to use Directed Bull Rush to move him left or right one square for every square he's knocked back, trying to knock him into the other wizards. If successful, I get to make Trip attacks ([roll3][roll4]) against both of them.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-03, 06:11 PM
attack roll #5 (which is actually the second attack with her off hand weapon) is a threat, rolling confirm and damage

[roll0] Confirm
[roll1]

The thing shudders and falls, chunks of celestial flesh ripped out of it's smashed and cracked caraparce, before dissapating.

Ghor's charge fails as he misses anything.

DM Only:
Abrupt Jaunt! 2 wizards have immediate's remaining.

MikelaC1
2010-08-03, 06:58 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra stands over the fallen beetle with a look of satisfaction on her face. She looks up at Forest

C'mon Forest, finish off that elf so we can leave. This room is boring. I look forward to a real challenge.

Roc Ness
2010-08-04, 01:05 AM
Forrest
"If you can clear the magic wall, you can help."

Actions:
Attack 1:
[roll0] Attack (-6 Antimagic Field, +1 Haste, -3 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll1] Damage (-3 Antimagic Field, +6 Favoured Enemy, +9 Favoured Power Attack)

Attack 2:
[roll2] Attack
Damage (-3 Antimagic Field, +6 Favoured Enemy, +9 Favoured Power Attack)

Attack 3:
[roll3] Attack

Bonus Haste Attack:
[roll4] Attack (-6 Antimagic Field, +1 Haste, -3 Favoured Power Attack)

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to put in the damage rolls... :smallredface:

Cadian 9th
2010-08-04, 01:40 AM
DM

As Forest moves up to attack, the Elf 5ft steps around and attacks Forest!
[roll0] for [roll1]

Then the elf is hit 3 times and is severely wounded.

Whose Turn? The Elves, I think!

Elf Turn

In their turn, Ghor is attacked by 2 things. [roll2] for [roll3] and [roll4] for [roll5]. Two howlers pop up on a flanking position after the attack.

A beam of light appears and hits Forest's wall: [roll6]
And Another: [roll7] or something happens. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Forest, what's your caster level? Those are dispel Magics.

A Massive Beast appears, some kind of Herbivore! It appears next to Lysindra and Smashes into her twice [roll8] for [roll9] and [roll10] for [roll11]

Another Massive Beetle appears and charges Lysindra, flanking with the Bison: [roll12] for [roll13]

DM only:
2 Howlers appeared.
If the 1st dispel works, 3 Celestial invisible dogs are smmoned.

2 SM 5 left.

Lyndworm
2010-08-04, 01:52 AM
Timothy Meadows

Tiny Tim gathers his focus and points a finger directly at Lysindra! As he again shouts "Ixengarmth!" a teeny orange bead flies directly towards her, exploding when it touches the tip of her nose. Miraculously, she is completely unaffected and feels no heat as the area around her burns. Little Timmy zips to the other side of the room, lest he give away his position.

Casting a Fireball centered on Lysindra. She is (and Ghor is, if he's caught in the blast) immune to it, however, through my Discriminating Spell class feature.

Damage:
[roll0]

Reflex for half, DC 23.

Tyrael
2010-08-04, 02:22 AM
Ghor simply hunches his shoulders as the beasts' fangs slide off his incredibly tough armor.

Roc Ness
2010-08-04, 02:54 AM
OoC:
Forrest's Caster Level is 15, but don't forget that Walls of Force are immune to dispel magics. :smallbiggrin:
If the Elf moves 5-foot towards (so that he/she is adjacent to) Forrest, Forrest's attacks against it will suffer a -2 penalty, which may or may not affect the attacks.

Forrest
Raises an eyebrow as the elf stumbles by him in a failed attempt to hit him. "Now I get to laugh. Ahem, HA!"

MikelaC1
2010-08-04, 08:42 AM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra looks at the massive beast and shakes her head in disappointment.
Really? Thats the best you can do? It just wont cut it
She displays only slightly more interest in the new beetle.
You cant handle the truth either. You both suck. Let me show you how its done
With that, Lysindra springs into her next attack routine, whirling her blades at the beetle

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Cadian 9th
2010-08-04, 10:47 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra looks at the massive beast and shakes her head in disappointment.
Really? Thats the best you can do? It just wont cut it
She displays only slightly more interest in the new beetle.
You cant handle the truth either. You both suck. Let me show you how its done
With that, Lysindra springs into her next attack routine, whirling her blades at the beetle

It shudders but does not fall, but Tim's fireball cuts them both down as you hack the burning creatures apart. They Disspate like all summoned creatures.

@Roc Ness: Kay, I never said MONDRAKEN'S DISJUNCTION but anyway. :smallbiggrin: Yes, the elf " Kill me and I will return more powerful than Ever Before, Forest. You cannot defeat me."

*Rolls bluff check*

Roc Ness
2010-08-05, 01:34 AM
@Roc Ness: Kay, I never said MONDRAKEN'S DISJUNCTION but anyway. :smallbiggrin: Yes, the elf " Kill me and I will return more powerful than Ever Before, Forest. You cannot defeat me."

*Rolls bluff check*

OoC: MONDRAKEN'S DISJUNCTION? *Gasp*!

Forrest
Raises his other eyebrow as well.

*Rolls sense motive check*

"So... you're going to return with an actual weapon?"

Actions:
Attack 1:
[roll0] Attack (-6 Antimagic Field, +1 Haste, -3 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll1] Damage (-3 Antimagic Field, +6 Favoured Enemy, +9 Favoured Power Attack)

Attack 2:
[roll2] Attack (-6 Antimagic Field, +1 Haste, -3 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll3] Damage (-3 Antimagic Field, +6 Favoured Enemy, +9 Favoured Power Attack)

Attack 3:
[roll4] Attack (-6 Antimagic Field, +1 Haste, -3 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll5] Damage (-3 Antimagic Field, +6 Favoured Enemy, +9 Favoured Power Attack)

Bonus Haste Attack:
[roll6] Attack (-6 Antimagic Field, +1 Haste, -3 Favoured Power Attack)
[roll7] Damage (-3 Antimagic Field, +6 Favoured Enemy, +9 Favoured Power Attack)

NB: As before if the elf is adjacent to Forrest he suffers a -2 penalty to attacks.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-06, 07:55 PM
Forest hacks the elf down. Contrary to what the elf says, he does indeed die, staying dead also. Forest feels the awsome ness of +750 gp. :smallbiggrin:

DM Only.
In the Elf Turn, nothing that you can see happens except the howlers turn to attack Ghor again!
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

And it is now you guys' turn again. Tyrael, extra turn lolwhut? Take your attacks, then the rest of you go, then tyrael again.

Tyrael
2010-08-06, 11:16 PM
((OOC: I didn't take an extra turn, I simply RP'd all the attacks missing his AC.))

Roc Ness
2010-08-07, 12:46 AM
OoC: Okay, I'm confused. Does Tyrael take attacks as in get attacked, or takes attacks as in its his turn to attack?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-07, 02:16 AM
((OOC: I didn't take an extra turn, I simply RP'd all the attacks missing his AC.))

Hence why I haven't done the monster turn yet. Hit it! :smallbiggrin:

Roc Ness
2010-08-08, 06:00 AM
Anyhow, I figure being away is no excuse not to help out the team, so here are my botting instructions for Forrest, to be used Monday and most of Tuesday:
For Lyndworm, Tyrael and MikelaiC1 ONLY! DM stay out on pain of, um, cheesy builds?

Once Tyrael has had the turn he missed, one of you bot Forrest first, so that you can have something to attack. My instructions:

Move Forrest 10ft backwards (so that Forrest is up against the Forcewall)
Then move 20ft straight forward as a running start for the jump, then take 10 on the jump check to easily clear the forcewall's 10ft height (Forrest's jump skill modifier while hasted and in an antimagic field is +23)
Then proceed to run around with his other two move actions in grid formation, attempting to expose invisible wizards using his 10ft radius antimagic field.
Forrest has 210ft move rate (three move actions), minus the amount of feet movement it took him to get out of the forcewall. Using an efficient sweep with Forrest and his antimagic field as a 20ft diameter "broome" should expose something unless you're doing it wrong or the wizards have fled.
Once a wizard is exposed Forrest will continue to move and try to expose more wizards, however he will not let the first exposed wizard escape from his antimagic field radius so as to "mark" him.
He should expose at least one wizard for the rest of you to destroy.

Tyrael
2010-08-08, 07:01 PM
Ghor charges forward at the nearest Wizard and slams his enormous blade into the frail elf with the force of a rampaging elephant.

I still have no idea exactly where Ghor or the Wizards are, so I'll just repeat last round's actions.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
TOTAL 222

Now he needs to make a DC 222 Reflex Save or be Bull Rushed and knocked prone. I'm going to use Directed Bull Rush to move him left or right one square for every square he's knocked back, trying to knock him into the other wizards. If successful, I get to make Trip attacks ([roll3][roll4]) against both of them.

MikelaC1
2010-08-08, 07:16 PM
Posting Rocs actions as noted in spoiler

1.Move Forrest 10ft backwards (so that Forrest is up against the Forcewall)
2.Then move 20ft straight forward as a running start for the jump, then take 10 on the jump check to easily clear the forcewall's 10ft height (Forrest's jump skill modifier while hasted and in an antimagic field is +23)
3.Then proceed to run around with his other two move actions in grid formation, attempting to expose invisible wizards using his 10ft radius antimagic field.
4.Forrest has 210ft move rate (three move actions), minus the amount of feet movement it took him to get out of the forcewall. Using an efficient sweep with Forrest and his antimagic field as a 20ft diameter "broome" should expose something unless you're doing it wrong or the wizards have fled.
5.Once a wizard is exposed Forrest will continue to move and try to expose more wizards, however he will not let the first exposed wizard escape from his antimagic field radius so as to "mark" him.
6.He should expose at least one wizard for the rest of you to destroy.

MikelaC1
2010-08-08, 07:27 PM
LYSINDRA

And with Roc's actions to expose a wizard, Lysindra will close with that target and attack

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Cadian 9th
2010-08-09, 02:54 AM
Total concealment vs Ghor: [roll0] 2 is a miss.
AOO from howlers:
1: [roll1] for [roll2]
2: [roll3] for [roll4]

With Forest's incredible tactics, one wizard is revealed (due to hi already haven used his immediate action :D) and that wizard is promptly slashed to bits by Lysindra's powerful strikes. Lysindra gains 750 gp

However, flashes of teleportation announce that the wizards will indeed stay invisible.

Tyrael
2010-08-09, 05:15 AM
((Oh, the wizards are invisible? I wasn't aware of that. :smallmad:

Could we get a map of some sort? I have no idea where I am and where enemies are, so I don't know if those AoOs are against me or someone else.))

Cadian 9th
2010-08-09, 06:39 PM
((Oh, the wizards are invisible? I wasn't aware of that. :smallmad:

Could we get a map of some sort? I have no idea where I am and where enemies are, so I don't know if those AoOs are against me or someone else.))

The map is a few pages back. You are still flanked by howlers, though you moved out so you're fine. They are all invisible bar one that just got hammered by Lysindra.

Oh wait, two more miss chances: [roll0] and [roll1] 2 is a miss.

I'm away from my computer ATM so won't be able to update properly till this afternoon/

Cadian 9th
2010-08-12, 04:53 AM
Bump.

Tyrael, do you have a revision to make, or can I do the monster turn?

Roc Ness
2010-08-12, 05:21 AM
@Tyrael:

Map
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_
1|
2||E
3|
4|
5|
6|
7||||||[]|[]|
8||||||[]|[]||
9||||||[]|[]|
10||||||[]|[]||
11|
12|
13|
14|
15|X|[/table]

X is the entrance.
There are two elves left alive (out of four, one killed by Forrest and another by Lysindra), both invisible. One is teleporting, so he/she can't be mapped, but the other has been pinpointed and currently unable to teleport anywhere (E).
The summoned creatures, if any are left, are in a unspecified place within 10ft of where Lysindra was, and Ghor. In addition, if any are currently in Forrest's antimagic field, they may have "winked out" and will not appear on the map until Forrest moves.
The square brackets represent a table, I think, holding the giant cake. It has not moved since Cadian first created the map, and therefore stays where it is.
There is a 20ft x 20ft, 10ft high open-topped forcewall box anywhere within 15ft of the table. The direction is unknown, and therefore the forcewall doesn't appear on the map.
Timothy Meadows is somewhere unspecified, and therefore does not appear on the map. However, logic says that he is still somewhere near the entrance, having not needed to move from there.
Ghor is in an unspecified place on the map, having been charging at nothing and then fighting creatures summoned nearby to him, and therefore doesn't appear on the map. Logically, he would be somewhere away from the giant table, as the first charge at nothing would have put him there (where the elves were), and the second charge at nothing would probably place him away from the table, as you con't charge where you already are.
Forrest's location is completely unknown, as on his last turn (this round) he began to systematically move around the map and stopped in an unspecified place. Thus his location cannot be mapped.
Lysindra's location cannot be mapped as she is currently anywhere within 15ft of Forrest, who also cannoted be mapped.

Does that clear things out a teensy bit? :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Tyrael
2010-08-12, 12:12 PM
@Tyrael:

[list]
Ghor is in an unspecified place on the map, having been charging at nothing and then fighting creatures summoned nearby to him, and therefore doesn't appear on the map. Logically, he would be somewhere away from the giant table, as the first charge at nothing would have put him there (where the elves were), and the second charge at nothing would probably place him away from the table, as you con't charge where you already are.

Does that clear things out a teensy bit? :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

That's mainly been because I haven't known where I AM and where I CAN charge, because of the lack of the map! :smallfurious:

Yes, I'll revise my charge to target whatever Elf I can hear inside the room, or if any have become invisible, I'll target them.

If I can neither see nor hear any Elves, I'll simply charge into the table. My idea is that it'll send silverware and chairs and splinters flying everywhere, and I simply need to watch for where the debris bounces off an invisible object.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-12, 06:52 PM
You can deduce where they are, so I'll let you charge one who is standing at B2 with no further Jaunts. Since that is the only way he could avoid the whirlwind of death. :smallbiggrin:

Roc Ness
2010-08-13, 01:50 AM
You can deduce where they are, so I'll let you charge one who is standing at B2 with no further Jaunts. Since that is the only way he could avoid the whirlwind of death. :smallbiggrin:

'Kay B2, and probably dead now, too.

Also, ahah! Jaunts!

Cadian 9th
2010-08-13, 02:43 AM
'Kay B2, and probably dead now, too.

Also, ahah! Jaunts!

Ooops. Fingers slipped. Anyway.

DM

Ghor's fantastic charge smashes into a suprised wizard, who, as he frantically spammed the "EJECT" button realized he was indeed paste. The resulting impact smashes the wizard fully 10ft into the wall, knocking him out and disrupting his invisibility. Ghor feels the awsomeness of 750 gp.

Lyndworm
2010-08-13, 04:29 AM
Timothy Meadows

Tiny Tim, still invisible, shouts "Drevab di gul!" As the words leave his lips, the pixie holds his hands in front of himself and spreads his arms wide. Following his hands is a thick, roiling mist. It looks chilling even from a distance, and it begins to fill the room as Li'l Timmy darts to the corner.

Cast Cone of Cold directed towards the center of the room. It's a 60ft Cone, so it should cover the majority of the room. After casting, Timothy moves to A15, directly in front of the entrance (and several feet in the air). None of my allies take damage due to my Discriminating Spell class feature.

Cold Damage:
[roll0]

Reflex for half, DC 25.

Roc Ness
2010-08-13, 05:05 AM
OoC: Hey Lyndworm? I think we need to discuss strategy. :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2010-08-13, 05:10 AM
OoC:
I probably should've opened with a Widened Lord of the Uttercold Cone of Cold to cover the entire room in negative energy, but I forgot I could do that until just now. :smallredface:

Roc Ness
2010-08-13, 05:26 AM
OoC: Can Ghor survive that? :smalleek: I know I'm okay, I have wings of cover if I'm not in an anti-magic field.

Lyndworm
2010-08-13, 01:13 PM
OoC:
My allies are unaffected, you have nothing to worry about. :smalltongue:

Cadian 9th
2010-08-13, 08:37 PM
DM Only:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-08-13, 09:18 PM
And thats a kill! Tim gets 1500gp!

1500 xp for all! You are winners!

And, a Huge Cake!

And I can't find a linkable picture. Can someone provide? :smallfrown:

Lyndworm
2010-08-13, 09:58 PM
OoC:
Next time I flood the room first. :smalltongue:

Also;
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2006-01/18/xin_57010317062088229181.jpghttp://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2007/08/21/icecreamcake2_2112.jpghttp://www.saidaonline.com/en/newsgfx/icecream%20cake-saidaonline.jpg
Yes, that's a cake.

Roc Ness
2010-08-13, 09:59 PM
http://cakesfromscratchrecipes.com/images/6strawberry.jpg

'Zis what your looking for?
EDIT: Wait, go see Lyndworms. Epic sized cake! :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2010-08-13, 10:01 PM
OoC:
He said Huge, Roc. :smallmad:

Swordsage edit!

Roc Ness
2010-08-13, 10:12 PM
OoC:
But look at the scale of my cake! Each strawberry is 10ft long! >_>

Cadian 9th
2010-08-14, 02:46 AM
LOL :smallbiggrin:

Huge cake on Lyndworms part. HUGE cake. Runner up is Roc Ness! :D

And with that, you may eat the cake, and , if you like, heal and progress onwards.

Lyndworm
2010-08-14, 03:51 AM
Timothy Meadows

The minuscule man materializes at the entrance of the room. "Was anyone injured? I've a decent amount of healing magics ready to go."

Tyrael
2010-08-14, 04:34 AM
Ghor shakes his head. "They'll need thicker fangs than that to bring me down," he comments wryly as he kicks at the corpse of one of the wizards.

"Where next?"

Roc Ness
2010-08-14, 04:35 AM
Forrest
"I'm fine. These fellows didn't really put up very much of a fight."

Cadian 9th
2010-08-14, 11:59 PM
Mikela's out, but I think you guys can go on by yourselves for a while. :smallsmile:

I've been seeing how easy this is for you guys. Sorry, Guinea Pigs, the next encounters will get much more challenging.

Roc Ness
2010-08-15, 12:52 AM
Really? I think I'll be needing some more cash, then.

Lyndworm
2010-08-15, 12:59 AM
OoC:
I'm cool to keep moving. Did Ghor take any damage?

Tyrael
2010-08-15, 04:58 AM
Not that I can remember.

Roc Ness
2010-08-15, 07:42 AM
OoC: Then let us swagger forth! :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2010-08-15, 08:05 AM
Timothy Meadows:

Finding his companions to be unharmed, Tiny Tim leads the way back out of the room.

Roc Ness
2010-08-15, 09:14 AM
Forrest
And Forrest follows, dragging his his glaive behind him.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-16, 06:48 PM
You come back into Room 1. Room 3 beckons... :smallbiggrin:

The red carpet has cleaned itself in your absence. You spot a few pixies who are cleaning up. They shriek when seen and flee into thin air.

Roc Ness
2010-08-17, 01:17 AM
Forrest
"Gee, elven blood must smell terrible to engender that response."

Lyndworm
2010-08-17, 02:28 AM
Timothy Meadows

"Eh, I've smelled a lot worse." Tiny Tim flutters over to the third door, reaching out a hand to open it. "Are we ready, then?"

Roc Ness
2010-08-17, 03:00 AM
Forrest
"Once Ghor here has picked up his stuff."

OoC: I'm assuming haste has already run out. However, Antimagic Field is still up, right? Its total duration is 15 minutes.

Tyrael
2010-08-17, 04:37 AM
Still looking none the worse for the wear, Ghor stands casually at the next door, awaiting the party's progress.

OOC: Eh? What stuff is there to pick up? If there's stuff/loot, I guess I'll grab it. Is there a post I missed? There was a lot of OOC making it difficult to find the exact end of the battle.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-17, 04:43 AM
No loot. It gets too complicated, especially with people coming in with item builds already. You get instant gold instead. No bank fees either!

Room 3- "They're coming out of the Goddawm Walls! " beckons, will you walk?

DM Notes:
This'll scare the players MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Roc Ness
2010-08-17, 06:59 AM
OOC: Eh? What stuff is there to pick up? If there's stuff/loot, I guess I'll grab it. Is there a post I missed? There was a lot of OOC making it difficult to find the exact end of the battle.

OoC: If you entered my antimagic field, you'll have to pick up your tower shield. :smalltongue: (Don't worry, it'll work again once the field leaves.

Also, yes, Forrest will walk as soon as everybody else is ready and lined up behind him. And holding onto their tower shields.

So, yeah, Forrest is ready.

Lyndworm
2010-08-17, 03:49 PM
OoC:
I'm ready when you are.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-21, 01:10 AM
So I guess you guys go through? :smallconfused:

Just say that you do, I'm not going to force you guys through. Thats for latter floors :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2010-08-21, 01:22 AM
Timothy Meadows

The diminutive flying man pushes into the next room.

Tyrael
2010-08-21, 02:03 AM
Ghor clomps his way through the next door.

Roc Ness
2010-08-21, 02:12 AM
Forrest
Strides through the door, scatching the floor with his glaive in the process.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-21, 02:21 AM
Wow, we're all here!

DM

Entering this wide room, you can see it is 10x10 with a door at [5, 0] (leading to Room 2) and another door at [10, 5] (Leading to room 5). The floor is covered with a muddy carpet.

There is a single large earth elemental in the center of the room.

Ini
[roll0]

Go for it guys.

Roc Ness
2010-08-21, 02:44 AM
Map
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_
1|||||r2
2|||||T
3|
4|||G?
5|e1|e1|||X|X|||e3|r5
6|e1|e1|||X|X|||e3|e3
7|
8|
9||||F||e2|e2
10||||||e2|e2[/table]

(r2) = entrance to room 2 (where we are now?).
(r5) = entrance to room 5
(X) = Dead creature
(e1) = Earth Elemental 1
(e2) = Earth Elemental 2
(e3) = Earth Elemental 3
(F) = Forrest
(G?) = Ghor?
(T) = Timothy

'Zis map right?

Roc Ness
2010-08-21, 02:52 AM
[roll0] Initiative

OoC: D'oh! Haste isn't up and I can't cast it in an antimagic field! >_<

Forrest
Runs around and behind the elemental (to E10), staying 15ft away from it at all times.

Lyndworm
2010-08-21, 05:04 AM
Timothy Meadows

Tiny Tim immediately winks out of sight and begins casting a spell. Though he can't be seen, Timmy can still be heard shouting "Garmth di agmasaon malsvir shasva!" and as he points a finger at the earth elemental, a teeny black orb rushes towards the creature. Upon contact, it explodes violently, showering the area in a thick, black fog which quickly dissipates.

Initiative check:
[roll0]

Move up with a 5ft step, then use a full-round action to cast an Energy Admixture (Cold) Fireball on the earth elemental. Through the Flexible Dichotomy class feature and Lord of the Uttercold feat, change the damage type to 1% Cold, 1% Fire, and 98% Negative Energy. Since this spell now deals both Cold and Fire damage, the Dichotomy Admixture class feature auto-Empowers it without increasing the spell level. If any allies are caught in the 20ft radius, they are unaffected due to the Discriminating Spell class feature.

Damage:
[roll1] +50% (51.5) = 154

Ref save for half, DC 23. I'm not sure if Elementals are susceptible to Frostbite or Heatstroke, but if so then it must also make a Fort save vs DC 23 or suffer from both condition until Timmy's next turn.

(Frostbite = -2 penalty to Dex | Heatstroke = Fatigued)

Cadian 9th
2010-08-21, 08:01 PM
(r2) = entrance to room 2 (where we are now?).
(r5) = entrance to room 5
(ee) = Earth Elemental in centre of room
(F) = Forrest
(G) = Ghor (Not on map yet)
(T) = Timothy

'Zis map right?

Why of course, I was hoping you could find it! :smallbiggrin:

[roll0] Initiative

OoC: D'oh! Haste isn't up and I can't cast it in an antimagic field! >_<

Forrest
Runs around and behind the elemental (to E10), staying 15ft away from it at all times.

Kay.

Timothy Meadows

Tiny Tim immediately winks out of sight and begins casting a spell. Though he can't be seen, Timmy can still be heard shouting "Garmth di agmasaon malsvir shasva!" and as he points a finger at the earth elemental, a teeny black orb rushes towards the creature. Upon contact, it explodes violently, showering the area in a thick, black fog which quickly dissipates.

Initiative check:
[roll0]

Move up with a 5ft step, then use a full-round action to cast an Energy Admixture (Cold) Fireball on the earth elemental. Through the Flexible Dichotomy class feature and Lord of the Uttercold feat, change the damage type to 1% Cold, 1% Fire, and 98% Negative Energy. Since this spell now deals both Cold and Fire damage, the Dichotomy Admixture class feature auto-Empowers it without increasing the spell level. If any allies are caught in the 20ft radius, they are unaffected due to the Discriminating Spell class feature.

Damage:
[roll1] +50% (51.5) = 154

Ref save for half, DC 23. I'm not sure if Elementals are susceptible to Frostbite or Heatstroke, but if so then it must also make a Fort save vs DC 23 or suffer from both condition until Timmy's next turn.

(Frostbite = -2 penalty to Dex | Heatstroke = Fatigued)

Hitting the elemental with a powerful spell, the thing shudders and explodes into globbets of earth, smashing against the walls and getting muck on your robes.

...and from inside the wall emerge 3 more large earth elementals, one on each wall apart from the one you came through.

" You can go through the door, but you have to open it first! " Says a halfling, appearing. The halfling winks and throws a ball of ectoplasm at Forest, [roll0] for entangle 5 rounds. He then waves and sinks into the floor, leaving a top hat.

You're up, Ghor!

Roc Ness
2010-08-21, 10:18 PM
OoC:
This reminds me of a Disney Cartoon I once saw as a kid, where Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and that dopey dog (forgot his name, wasn't Pluto). Anyhow, they were pretending to be ghostbusters and there were these clown-like ghosts that kept leaving bowler hats behind when they disappear into the floor.

...and from inside the wall emerge 3 more large earth elementals, one on each wall apart from the one you came through.

So does that mean a) one is right behind Forrest, and b) it isn't using magic or being incorporeal to go through the walls and c) they weren't summoned monsters?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-21, 10:29 PM

Tick, Tick and Tick, Roc Ness. Good thing the last one was a 5 mark question!

Roc Ness
2010-08-21, 10:51 PM
OoC: Ooo goodie. XD

Who woulda thought an antimagic field is a detective's best friend?

EDIT: Oh, right, better update the map.

Tyrael
2010-08-22, 05:13 AM
Ghor smirks as he brings his enormous blade into ready position. "Well that didn't take long," he comments wryly. With a shout, he charges forward.

Right, I'll just charge in there and hope my 47 AC and DR 20/- sucks up any AoO's. Charging the closest Earth Elemental.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
TOTAL 209

Now he needs to make a DC 209 Reflex Save or be Bull Rushed and knocked prone.

After the attack goes off, my AC drops to 32.

Roc Ness
2010-08-24, 01:50 AM
OoC:
Oh, right, my turn. Sorry, didn't realise... :smallredface:
Also, looking at the description of Antimagic Field, I just realised it was dismissable... :smallredface:

Forrest
"Seeing as you lot won't use magic, I will."

Actions:
Bonus Standard: Dismiss Antimagic Field. (Doesn't provoke AoOs).
Swift Action: Cast Haste. (Doesn't provoke AoOs).
Free Action: Five foot step North-West.
Free Action: Sacrifice 5th level Slot for Arcane Strike
Full Round Action: Full Attack! (On Elemental #2, the one next to Forrest)
Attack 1:
[roll0] Attack (+1 Haste, +5 Arcane Strike, -7 Power Attack)
[roll1] Damage (+14 Power Attack)
[roll2] Arcane Strike Damage

Attack 2:
[roll3] Attack (+1 Haste, +5 Arcane Strike, -7 Power Attack)
[roll4] Damage (+14 Power Attack)
[roll5] Arcane Strike Damage

Attack 3:
[roll6] Attack (+1 Haste, +5 Arcane Strike, -7 Power Attack)
[roll7] Damage (+14 Power Attack)
[roll8] Arcane Strike Damage

Cadian 9th
2010-08-26, 09:04 PM
Are you factoring Entangle? So no full attack for you, I guess.

Anyway. Ghor charges and instantly steamrolls the elemental he charges with Extreme power. The bull rushing, however, seems like a bad idea, as the elemental explodes into 3 globbets and then hits the wall as well, so 4 more elementals.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-26, 09:13 PM
Map

1|E|E|||||E|E|
2|E|E||T|||E|E|
3|||G|
4|E|E|
5|E|E|
6|
7|E|E||||||E|E|
8|E|E||||||E|E|
9|
10|||||F|[/table]

NEW MAP UPDATE! As opposed to an old one.

Roc Ness
2010-08-27, 04:53 AM
Are you factoring Entangle? So no full attack for you, I guess.

OoC: So... I'm guessing you saw the Swiftblade 8 ability, then?

IC: (Not Forrest's Action)
"You know, that wierdo with the top-hat did say we could just leave through the door. Do you guys think that's just what we have to do?"

Lyndworm
2010-08-27, 10:08 PM
Timothy Meadows (not an action)

"I'd say so, but it's not likely to be as easy as it sounds" pipes the pixie.

OoC:
I'm sorry that I've been away for so long. I've been rather sick the past few days, and I've not used the computer at all. To be honest, I'm still not feeling very well, but I figured I could at least sign in and give you guys an update.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-29, 04:11 AM
That's fine Lyndworm, though it's now the elementals turn. Does anyone object to Ralasha Rocking up, to fill in for Mikela?

Roc Ness
2010-08-30, 01:11 AM
Nope, I don't mind.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-31, 06:20 PM
Decisions are made by those who show up. Allow me to introduce Ralasha!

Ralasha!

A flower opens in the middle of the room, bursting into bloom. Out pops a strange creature...

Ralasha
2010-08-31, 08:20 PM
A strange looking faerie. She can be seen to be wearing some form of chainmail, and holding a shield, though she has no obvious weapon upon her person. Attached to her belt are a number of pouches containing a wide assortment of materials and tools.
Her hair appears to be crystalline, and is of a bright golden colour, and her eyes are a green so bright they almost seem to glow. Though she is small in size, she somehow manages to appear tiny, and though she appears tiny, it is also quite apparent that she is actually very tall. Her build itself appears muscular for her size. (which isn't very.) Before you can see more though, she turns invisible, and hovers above the floor.

Ralasha
2010-08-31, 08:23 PM
turns on invisibility and
Hide check: [roll0]
move silently: [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-09-01, 11:35 PM
Ralasha, you go. Then the Elementals shall go. Place yourself at the door and make your opening move.

Ralasha
2010-09-01, 11:47 PM
Okidoky, I place myself... at what door? where? What? What kind of elementals?
Knowledge Arcana[roll0]
Knowledge the Planes[roll1]
I cast a touch spell, deal the kind of damage that makes them hurt, and move so that they can't just run up and kill me.
What in the hell did I end up in the middle of?!
I forgot to take Archmage! oops! damned energy substitution... no have.

Ralasha
2010-09-01, 11:55 PM
Oh! earth elementals... lets seee, earth is acid, representing the ground... do I use... sonic, water or... lightning... MM time.

Ahh... Water. Don't have water. Don't want to waste a touch spell... If any two of them are close enough together to be hit together by an ice storm, I'll cast one of those for [roll0] damage on whichever of them are within 50 feet of each other. If not, I'll use a magic missile for [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 12:11 AM
Yeah, you hit both of them and kill them, spawning 4 more.

And no MM peeking, it's not fair. Make a Know: the planes, as you did, and'll tell you what you can look at. Chances are you'll see all ofthat.

Ralasha
2010-09-02, 12:23 AM
what in the hell?
Knowledge checks to figure out what the hell just happened.
Arcana: [roll0]
nature: [roll1]
the planes: [roll2]
other: [roll3] (not including religion)

Ralasha
2010-09-02, 12:24 AM
(I have the bad feeling someone cast Elemental Swarm)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 12:28 AM
The walls are magical in nature and spawn an elemental whenever touched. Each elemental explodes on death, causing 2 main globbets to hit walls.

They are Elementals of large size who are Earth.

Does this change your turn?

Ralasha
2010-09-02, 01:20 AM
What are the walls made of, how do they work, and is it possible to stop it, or destroy the walls?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 08:26 PM
From what you can tell, you require incredibly powerful magic to destroy the walls, and their spawning ability.

The rooms in the tower are isolated completely, which means if you were to smash through a wall you would be blocked by the limits of the extradimensional space.

Does this change your turn?

Ralasha
2010-09-02, 11:50 PM
No it does not change my turn.

Lyndworm
2010-09-03, 09:15 PM
Timothy Meadows

Tiny Tim darts forward, still invisible, and reaches for the door on the other side of the room. A determined look on his unseeable face, he attempts to open the door.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-03, 09:44 PM
DM

The door opens quite convincingly, showing a black mass that you all recognize to mean the next room.

The elementals, however, close on ghor, making charging attacks. Each hit they do pushes ghor, even if their blow fails to harm him.

(2 stay as they are, making full attacks:)
[roll0] for [roll1] and also bull rush [roll2]
[roll3] for [roll4] and also bull rush [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7] and also bull rush [roll8]
[roll9] for [roll10] and also bull rush [roll11]

And two charge him from behind
[roll12] for [roll13] and also bull rush [roll14]
[roll15] for [roll16] and also bull rush [roll17]

One rushes at Forest:
[roll18] for [roll19] and also bull rush [roll20]

Ghor, I'll need bull rush opposing checks from you, remember entangle for your AC. The bull rush happens if they hit your touch AC, regardless of an actual hit.

Map update once Tyrael rolls.

Roc Ness
2010-09-04, 08:53 AM
Okay, rolling miss chance for you, Mr. DM.
[roll0], where 2 is a hit by the elemental.

And here is the opposed check, if Forrest needs one. [roll1]

And am I right in assuming that this bull rush doesn't grant AoOs?

EDIT: Bravo, what an incredible fail. :smallbiggrin:

Tyrael
2010-09-04, 03:18 PM
None of the attacks hit my 47 AC, and only three of them hit my 23 TouchAC.

Opposed STR checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ralasha
2010-09-04, 06:15 PM
Free action: "If we had some means of making a wall between them and the other wall... we could destroy them without causing it to summon more... I knew I should have learned standard magic."

Roc Ness
2010-09-04, 06:35 PM
Forrest
"I could make a force barrier... but then I'd have to make sure nobody is trapped on the wrong side."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-04, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately, Ghor is not strong enough to oppose these large elementals, and they shove him into the wall. this causes another elemental to spawn.

Map

1|E|E|E|E|T|
2|E|E|E|E|
3|G||E|E|
4|E|E|E|E|
5|E|E|
6|E|E|
7|E|E|
8||||||E|E|
9||||||E|E|
10|||||F|[/table]

You're all up.

Ralasha
2010-09-04, 08:09 PM
"Place it right against that wall they keep coming out of, then we can slaughter them without more coming out. Make sure you cover it. Everybody *turns visible* Get your keesters away from the wall, I don't care if you die doing it!"
((What do the symbols on the map stand for? obviously, an E is an elemental.))
"Want I should just kill them all?"

Tyrael
2010-09-05, 04:10 PM
"Ungh!!" Ghor slams into the wall and drops to one knee for a moment to catch his breath. Climbing to his feet, he stares up at the three huge Elementals surrounding him, and his creepy grin widens. "Now that's more like it," he remarks.

Did I take any damage from those Bull Rushes?

5ft step to B3 and full-attacking the Elemental at C3.

Power Attack -5
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7][roll8]

Now, he needs to make Reflex saves equal to the damage dealt, or be [roll9]

Roc Ness
2010-09-06, 01:12 AM
Forrest
"Okay, I got this! Nobody move!" Forrest runs all the way to the door (lets say F1, assuming Timothy is at the door), ignoring any hits the elemental lands on him, before casting a few spells in quick succession. Immediately, Ghor and that wierd new Flower Pixie are teleported next to him.

Actions:
Swift Action: None (saved)
Move Action: Move to F1
Standard Action: Cast Regroup, teleporting Ghor and Ralasha's pixie to an adjacent square, doesn't matter which.
Bonus Standard Action: Cast Wall of Force, walling off all the elementals.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-06, 01:18 AM
You're successful, Ghor, in landing a hit on one of the elementals, but its natural resilience saves it. It resists you rbullrush, if it matters [roll0]

And then the rest of you are teleported to the door, and stumble out into...

Room 5 - "Let's just be friends!"
It is 15'x15' with 3 doors: 1 at [P, 7] that leads to Room 4, another at [E, 0] Leading to Room 6 - All that glitters and the final door is at [J, 0] leading to Room 7 - Just firing my laser.... There are two windows, one at [A, 8] and another at [P, 8]

There are three Humanoids with what looks like squids for heads, 4 tentacles. Their skin is rubbery and their eyes are like frogs, though much evil looking. (Know: Dungeoonering)

There are 4 Ogres in the room. 2 have just climbed through a window each.

INI: [roll1]

Map
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_
1||||||M|||M||M|
2|
3|
4|O|O|||||||||||||O|O|
5|O|O|||||||||||||O|O|
6|
7|
8|O|O|||||||||||||O|O|
9|O|O|||||||||||||O|O|
10|
11|
12|
13|
14|
15|[/table]

Rules
You may attempt a Intimidate, Bluff or Diplomacy check to reason with the ogres as a standard action. The DC is equal to 10+(Number you are trying to influence x 5). Once you have persuaded an Ogre to fight for you, you control it's actions.

Roc Ness
2010-09-06, 01:28 AM
OoC: Is the "number you are trying to influence" the number in total out of all the influenced ogres, or just the amount you are currently trying to influence?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-06, 01:41 AM
Just the ones you are trying to influence.

Ralasha
2010-09-06, 05:55 AM
Mini the Pixie.
Init: [roll0]
diplomacy (2 of them) [roll1]

Roc Ness
2010-09-07, 03:33 AM
Forrest
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Bluff (The other two ogres)
"C'mon, folks, we're your friends here. If you do what I tell you, everything will work out."

OoC: Also, I forgot something. You guys are all hasted as well (so Tyrael, you get an extra attack, and everybody gets extra movement and a +1 to AC, attack and Reflex saves).

Cadian 9th
2010-09-10, 01:04 AM
Waiting on Tyrael and Lyndworm, I guess. Give em a few hours, then'll roll their ini and possibly godmod. I need to work out some way of dealing with player posting/not posting.

Ralasha
2010-09-16, 02:17 AM
((*Is wondering if it has been a few hours yet* in my PnP group we do a thing called torch bearing. Where the character does not gain any reward for the character's actions. Since the player was not directing it. And in which, most of the time, unless needed by the group, the character does nothing but hold an everburning torch.)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-16, 02:59 AM
I guess you're right.

Ghor ini [roll0]
Timmy [roll1]

Monsters got a 22. Looks like Forest's up!

Roc Ness
2010-09-17, 02:12 AM
Forrest
"Okay, can you ogres teleport?"

Forrest himself delays turn until just after the squid thingies do their stuff. Also, Forrest will be casting Wings of Cover on the first applicable opportunity that isn't an area of effect attack.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-22, 11:16 PM
DM

" Ug no have teleporte! " Says Ug the ogre;

The Squid things Laugh and Point at the other ogres, on the right side of the room [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] vs DC 15.

One screams at Ghor, Timmy and Mini, DC 18 Will save please.

Ralasha
2010-09-22, 11:35 PM
Will Save: [roll0]
Did I make it? I don't know yet.

Roc Ness
2010-09-24, 07:20 AM
OoC: I'm assuming Ug isn't one of the brainwashed ogres. Also, I note Forrest is not a part of the PCs needing a Will Save. Was that the work of Wings of Cover, or do I retain that spell slot?

Forrest
"Okay then, Ug, do as I instruct. I'm going to attack those squid-monsters, and I think they might use magic to escape. If they do, you attack them as soon as they've finished trying to escape."

Actions this round:
Swift Action: None, if not already used by Wings of Cover
Move Action: Move so that one or more squid thingies are within 10ft of Forrest.
Full Round Action: Full Attack on one Squid Thingie. If the squid thingie escapes before the attacks are over, then Forrest will use the rest of his attacks on another squid thiny in range, if any.
Attack 1:
[roll0] Attack (+1 Haste, -5 Power Attack)
[roll1] Damage, if any (+10 Power Attack)
[roll2] Skirmish Damage, if any

Attack 2:
[roll3] Attack (+1 Haste, -5 Power Attack)
[roll4] Damage, if any (+10 Power Attack)
[roll5] Skirmish Damage, if any

Attack 3:
[roll6] Attack (+1 Haste, -5 Power Attack)
[roll7] Damage, if any (+10 Power Attack)
[roll8] Skirmish Damage, if any

As usual, if the Attacked Monsters fall into any of Forrest's Favoured Enemy Categories (Arcanists, Undead & Constructs), then Forrest gains a bonus to hit against that monster and all power attack is applied at 1:3 ratio instead of 1:2.

Also, AC for this round is 35 (+5 Skirmish, +1 Haste)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-24, 10:09 PM
Ug's you're ogre at the moment; And you've used wings of cover, that's why, sorry I forgot to mention it :smallsmile:

First two attacks drop a squid head; Ralasha you passed the will save :smallbiggrin:

Roc Ness
2010-09-25, 04:27 AM
So one squid is dead then?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-25, 04:34 AM
Yep. You killed one with your 1st 2 attacks.

Ralasha
2010-09-25, 07:55 AM
What is the distance between me and the living squid head? If I am capable of flying within 30' of it and casting a spell on the same turn, I will do so, casting a scorching ray.

Poison save: DC 19 for half.

After I cast a spell (See next post) my ogres will move to attack.

Ralasha
2010-09-25, 08:03 AM
Scorching Ray:
Attack: [roll0]
Confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+(sneak attack)[roll3] fire damage.

OR: If I cannot move to within 30' and cast a spell, then I will cast Poison with Sudden Empower
For: [roll4] (+half) con damage per round for 3 rounds + 17 negative energy damage.
round 2: [roll5] (+half) +17n
round 3: [roll6] (+half) +17n

Cadian 9th
2010-09-27, 03:37 AM
You're within 30' by a move; The scorching ray hits and pops a squid head. The last one left...

You guys should know, they're mindflayers. Je suis desole.

Ralasha
2010-09-27, 04:50 AM
I know. You said something about not reading DM spoilers, remember? Then you found that I don't need those to figure out such an obvious description.
Man... and I wanted to make something shrivel to death...

Roc Ness
2010-09-27, 05:02 AM
I already knew they were mindflayers, because lets face it, they are way too iconic for a description of "squid-head" to mean anything much else. Although I've never actually looked at mindflayer statistics before, I thought they were a lot tougher than this...

Ralasha
2010-09-27, 06:29 AM
They are normally faced at between 6th and 8th level. At least in my group.

Tyrael
2010-09-27, 03:31 PM
Sorry guys, but I might just have to bow out of this one. I've been having a hard time keeping track of what's going on, and plus I just moved up to Oregon to take some classes and so Real Life is somewhat hectic for me at the moment.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-27, 08:11 PM
I already knew they were mindflayers, because lets face it, they are way too iconic for a description of "squid-head" to mean anything much else. Although I've never actually looked at mindflayer statistics before, I thought they were a lot tougher than this...

That's because these mindflayers have no class levels and no magic items. :smallsmile:

They are normally faced at between 6th and 8th level. At least in my group.

That would be about right.

Sorry guys, but I might just have to bow out of this one. I've been having a hard time keeping track of what's going on, and plus I just moved up to Oregon to take some classes and so Real Life is somewhat hectic for me at the moment.

Fair enough. Lucky there's some fresh recruits coming through, have no fear people!

Cadian 9th
2010-09-30, 03:55 AM
Ralasha, what was the example for?

Ralasha
2010-09-30, 03:57 AM
Accidental Post. >.> I moved it to the correct thread.

Roc Ness
2010-09-30, 04:08 AM
Ah. That'll explain why there was no example.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-02, 03:14 AM
Hmm, guys, there's still one left. OH WHATEVER, LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!

DM

Your ogres charge the last flayer, cutting it down. Suddenly, they all stop, and, one by one, drop dead. The last one bursts into a shower of gore, revealing a towering mind flayer. The flayer has a glint in his eye, a top hat, and a longspear.

Ini [roll0]

Ralasha
2010-10-02, 03:57 PM
init: [roll0]
diplomacy: [roll1]

Roc Ness
2010-10-02, 07:34 PM
Forrest
"By the glinting of his eye, in this battle he will die! Heh heh heh..."

[roll0] Initiative

Cadian 9th
2010-10-02, 11:23 PM
Hey, its just the two of you!

Shall we bring some fresh blood before hand or do you guys want to tempt fate and try for the glory kill?

Ralasha
2010-10-02, 11:44 PM
I'm not a vampire, so blood doesn't tempt me.

Roc Ness
2010-10-03, 12:47 AM
Whaddaya think, Ralasha? Glory kill or flesh blood? If glory kill, let us PM strategy and stuffs for a while before we tackle Charlie-Chtulthu-Chaplain.

Ralasha
2010-10-03, 01:16 AM
Glory kill... heres the strategy... I nuke it. You nuke it. We nuke it together. everyone just attacks as fast and hard as possible, let us spell rape it.

Roc Ness
2010-10-03, 01:21 AM
There is only two of us. I can't nuke. If I do nuke, then there is nobody attacking it hard and fast. Because I'm the fastest.

Also, I betcha this mindflayer is one of those AoO trip fighters.

Ralasha
2010-10-03, 01:26 AM
Nope... it's an attack of opportunity grappler... it grapples you and eats your brain. You go first. I'm invisible and hovering... so on the off chance it has tremor sense... it can't see me anyway. :smallsmile:

Roc Ness
2010-10-03, 02:03 AM
Oh. What's our strategy against that, then? It must have a ton of hp, and Miss Chance is only a flip of a coin...

Do you know forcecage?

Ralasha
2010-10-03, 02:09 AM
I only know how to kill things. I can splash it... an area attack shouldn't give it a miss chance... and I can still deal it sneaky damage.

Roc Ness
2010-10-03, 02:23 AM
While the miss chance is mine, yeah, I suppose the Flayer could have it...
Oo! I forgot to cast a preparation buff! :facepalm:

Cadian, am I allowed to assume I've cast it, or is it too late?

Ralasha
2010-10-03, 02:24 AM
I vote we just pop it's head eat its brains... and then webcast it in the underdark. 'Faces of death.'

Cadian 9th
2010-10-03, 02:39 AM
It's kinda funny, one guy tried grappling this flayer so the flayer ate his brain for his insolence :smallbiggrin:

You guys might get ahead on targetting it's weaknesses and controlling it. The other parties just tried to smash him like they'd been doing and got hammered for doing so.

I'll give you some more pointers on what he looks like:

-Tall, long reach. You can tell he could attack you from 20ft away.
-Very, very, very, very intelligent.
-He practically twitches with reflexive powers. He seems to know everything that's going on, much like monks, except thrice as much. :smallwink:
-He's almost undoubtably a spellcaster, but seems more warrior like, not wizardy.
-He's supremely aware of everything around him and looks ready to strike all the time.

Make of that what you will.

EDIT: @Roc Ness; Well, he pops up at the end of the preceding combat, so you'll have a free round to do stuff while his theme song plays, then you get first round due to ini.

Roc Ness
2010-10-03, 02:47 AM
It's kinda funny, one guy tried grappling this flayer so the flayer ate his brain for his insolence :smallbiggrin:

You guys might get ahead on targetting it's weaknesses and controlling it. The other parties just tried to smash him like they'd been doing and got hammered for doing so.

Hmm... Ralasha? Wanna try Diplomacy?

-Tall, long reach. You can tell he could attack you from 20ft away.
-Very, very, very, very intelligent.
-He practically twitches with reflexive powers. He seems to know everything that's going on, much like monks, except thrice as much. :smallwink:
-He's almost undoubtably a spellcaster, but seems more warrior like, not wizardy.
-He's supremely aware of everything around him and looks ready to strike all the time.

- I could attack him from 20ft away...
- Even so, it's only as intelligent as you. :smallbiggrin:
- Hmm... I sense Monk, Druid and... Swordsage? No, that won't work.
- Yeah... Duskblade? :smallconfused:
- ... Is there Diamond Mind involved? :smalleek:

EDIT: @Roc Ness; Well, he pops up at the end of the preceding combat, so you'll have a free round to do stuff while his theme song plays, then you get first round due to ini.

Oh right, yes, the ogres.