PDA

View Full Version : [HP] Hogwarts ITP OOC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:14 PM
OOC for this Hogwarts ITP. This is for out of character, so discuss IC posts and character stuff.

Index

[HP] Hogwarts ITP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160692)
[HP] Hogwarts ITP Character Registry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160700)

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:15 PM
Are we starting on the Hogwarts express?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:16 PM
Are we starting on the Hogwarts express?

Yes. Everyone is boarding the hogwarts express right now.

Creed
2010-07-18, 08:17 PM
Does anyone object to me playing the DATDA teacher?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:19 PM
Does anyone object to me playing the DATDA teacher?

I don't. As long as I know the power level and stuff.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:19 PM
Does anyone object to me playing the Transfiguration teacher? :smallbiggrin:

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 08:20 PM
I'd prefer being a student over a professor, honestly. :smallbiggrin:

As to what, I dunno. Either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

Creed
2010-07-18, 08:20 PM
I don't. As long as I know the power level and stuff.

Normal teacher power level, really.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:21 PM
Does anyone object to me playing the Transfiguration teacher? :smallbiggrin:

This is fine. Also, I am open to suggestions for heads of house. As in, if you want to play a head of house, tell me.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:22 PM
I'd prefer being a student over a professor, honestly. :smallbiggrin:

As to what, I dunno. Either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

Er... well, I want to be a student too.... Hm... Gimliggamer, are we allowed to start out with two characters?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:23 PM
Er... well, I want to be a student too.... Hm... Gimliggamer, are we allowed to start out with two characters?

Yes. I was going to say if you had a professor I want you to have a student too.

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 08:24 PM
Yes. I was going to say if you had a professor I want you to have a student too.

Oh, good. I'll be charms teacher! :smallbiggrin:

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:24 PM

Okay, cool.

Actually, I'd like to play the Charms teacher instead, if that's okay. And, I'm thinking she'd be the head of Ravenclaw house, too. I know it's a bit cliche, but it makes sense.

Edit: No! I was Ninja'd. :smallfrown:

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 08:25 PM
Okay, cool.

Actually, I'd like to play the Charms teacher instead, if that's okay. And, I'm thinking she'd be the head of Ravenclaw house, too. I know it's a bit cliche, but it makes sense.

Edit: No! I was Ninja'd. :smallfrown:

Oh, actually, I was gonna be Tranfiguration, but you took it. So we can switch. :smalltongue:

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:27 PM
Oh, actually, I was gonna be Tranfiguration, but you took it. So we can switch. :smalltongue:

Oh, sure! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Could the Charms teacher be an Animagus, Gimliggamer?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:28 PM
Would it be okay if the headmaster is like Dumbledore? I don't really know any other way I could do that.

Could the Charms teacher be an Animagus, Gimliggamer?

Only if they are friends with the transfiguration teacher.:smalltongue:

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:29 PM
Would it be okay if the headmaster is like Dumbledore? I don't really know any other way I could do that.

Only if they are friends with the transfiguration teacher.:smalltongue:

Er... What do you mean? If Rita Skeeter can be an Animagus, I'd imagine an expert witch could too... :smalltongue:

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 08:30 PM

McGonagall would make sense, IMO.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:30 PM
I suggest we begin with sorting for any who wish to play first-years.

It was already said in the OoC thread that we're starting on the Hogwarts Express. The sorting happens when everyone gets to Hogwarts.

Oh... I missed that. :smallredface:

Out of curiosity, do we get to choose their house before they get sorted?

((You could post this in the OoC, you know...))

Can you guys delete these posts please?

Er... What do you mean? If Rita Skeeter can be an Animagus, I'd imagine an expert witch could too... :smalltongue:
Rita Skeeter is an animagus? Must have missed it becuase of my hatred.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:31 PM
McGonagall would make sense, IMO.

Oh yeah, that's a good idea! Because, Dumbledore was the Transfiguration teacher before becoming Headmaster, right?

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 08:32 PM
Oh yeah, that's a good idea! Because, Dumbledore was the Transfiguration teacher before becoming Headmaster, right?

Correctamundo. He was Transfiguration professor when Tom Riddle was at school, remember.

Creed
2010-07-18, 08:32 PM

Yea!

My characters

Nicholae Creed
House: Slytherin
Year: 6

Description: Nicholae is tall for his age, and slightly on the skinny side. He has jet black shoulder length hair and shockingly blue eyes. When not in robes. he wears a black t-shirt and jeans, along with a pair of combat boots.

Personality: Nicholae is cold and detached from alot of other students. Those he is close with are usually drafted into his small strike force of Gryffindor bullying students. He knows how to crack a joke when needed.

Best Class: Potions
Worst Class: Divination

Marcus Defaux
Teacher (Was Ravenclaw when he went to Hogwarts)

Description: Marcus is the muscular Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Per tradition, he is new this year. He has military cropped brown hair and brown eyes. He always wears a black or grey suit.

Personallity: Marcus has a disposition that doesn't match his appearance. He's funny, nice, and really a good guy. But in class he's a disciplinarian.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:33 PM
Okay then. McGonagall as headmaster.

*scribble scribble*

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 08:33 PM
@Creed:
The DADA teacher jinx was broken when Voldemort died. The teacher is permanent now.

Creed
2010-07-18, 08:34 PM
@Creed:
The DADA teacher jinx was broken when Voldemort died. The teacher is permanent now.

Well he's new.:smalltongue: The old one quit or something.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:36 PM
Would anyone care if I controlled the potionmaster?

And the age for a sixth year would be 16.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:36 PM
Creed, a 6th year can't be 18.

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 08:37 PM

This too, unless he somehow got held back (possible, I think). A 6th year would be 16 or so.

Creed
2010-07-18, 08:38 PM

Okay, I'll change it to 16. I'm too use to putting 18 in things. Stupid sleepyness.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 08:38 PM
This too, unless he somehow got held back (possible, I think). A 6th year would be 16 or so.

16, or 17, if he was born in January or later.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 08:39 PM
Out of curiosity, do we get to choose their house before they get sorted?

I think that would be fine. They just have to fit the house.

horngeek
2010-07-18, 08:50 PM
*volunteers for Headmaster*

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 09:01 PM
Hogwarts Express
Angelica (that's the girls name) walks up to Thera's... cubicle and sits down.

She meekly walks down the aisle, entering an empty... er... cubicle?
The correct term is compartment. Trust me.

*volunteers for Headmaster*
I need to retain being headmaster for plot purposes. MWAHAHA-and all that jazz.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 09:20 PM
Sorry for the double post, but can someone tell me what Harry did with the invisibility cloak in the seventh book? I don't have the patience to look it up right now and I don't remember.

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 09:20 PM
Sorry for the double post, but can someone tell me what Harry did with the invisibility cloak in the seventh book? I don't have the patience to look it up right now and I don't remember.

He keeps it. Simple as that.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 09:35 PM
Woohoo! Would it be cool if my character was captain of the Ravenclaw quiditch(Again, how do you spell that?) team? Last years at least.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 09:37 PM
Woohoo! Would it be cool if my character was captain of the Ravenclaw quiditch(Again, how do you spell that?) team? Last years at least.

It's Quidditch. And what year is he?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 09:40 PM
What, I'm not allowed to make one up myself?

It's just Italian for "warmth," Italian being the closest to Latin in modern day languages.

Why don't you use the word tepidus? It's a latin word for warmth.

Woodsman
Hey, gimli, is the spell I made up OK?

I'm not planning on making up spells for every occasion, and the ones I will make up are simple and used more for day-to-day things.

Edit: Eh, I didn't find the Latin word. :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
Fourth year.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 09:43 PM
Fourth year.
It's fine if he's the captain his fourth year. He just needs to be good.

Hey, gimli, is the spell I made up OK?
Edit: Eh, I didn't find the Latin word. :smalltongue:
That's fine. When I say the word I went ahead and googled english to latin translation and entered warmth.

(Wait, aren't they only allowed to use magic at Hogwarts? :smallconfused:)

Hermione used that spell to repair Harry's glasses on the train and in Diagon Alley.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 09:45 PM
I intend him to be good, Quidditch is gonna be his thing.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 09:46 PM
I intend him to be good, Quidditch is gonna be his thing.
That's fine. What position does he play?

And can you guys enter your characters into the registry?

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 09:48 PM
He plays chaser.

On another note, would Sphinx hair be a good core for a wand?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 09:50 PM
He plays chaser.

On another note, would Sphinx hair be a good core for a wand?
That's fine. Sphinx hair, unicorn hair. All that jazz.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 10:41 PM
Oh, cool. Chances are Gryffindor and Ravenclaw will have one of those classes together.

They have both together actually. :smalltongue:

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 10:46 PM

Oh, cool! :smallsmile:

Woodsman
2010-07-18, 10:47 PM

Books say Care For Magical Creatures is Gryffindor/Slytherin.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 10:49 PM

Well, it's 25 years later, so maybe things have changed. :smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 10:51 PM

McGonogall decided to do her old house a favor.:smalltongue:

Creed
2010-07-18, 10:54 PM
McGonogall decided to do her old house a favor.:smalltongue:

THAT IS SOOOO COLD!:smallfurious::smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 11:05 PM
"They are fine with it. As long as I like at least one class they're happy." She says with a grin. She begins dealing the cards. One has a spyglass, one has two people holding hands, and one has a white wolf. "Hm. The spyglass means you are going to become captain of something. Probably the quidditch team. The people holding hands means you are going to become friends or perhaps more with someone. And the wolf means that you are going to have an encounter with a shapeshifter." She says.

You just made those up!:smallfrown::smallannoyed::smalltongue::smallbi ggrin:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 11:06 PM
You just made those up!:smallfrown::smallannoyed::smalltongue::smallbi ggrin:

I myself don't own tarot cards. I picked symbols I thought would work.:smalltongue: There are multiple symbols for each thing.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 11:08 PM
Yea, I know, I'm just playing with you, you could look it up if you're actually interested. I did that for the Cartomancy reading, that was an actually reading, sorta.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 11:09 PM
I myself don't own tarot cards. I picked symbols I thought would work.:smalltongue: There are multiple symbols for each thing.

I've been doing Tarot for 4 years; it's MUCH more complex than that. :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 11:10 PM
It's really open and that's a lot of the reason.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 11:13 PM
I've been doing Tarot for 4 years; it's MUCH more complex than that. :smalltongue:

The only stuff I know about tarot cards is what I learned from the first Dark Tower book.:smalltongue:

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 11:15 PM
It's really open and that's a lot of the reason.

True, but in most Tarot cards, rather than just a wolf, there's a person holding this, doing that, with this around him, and this on the ground, etc... and it all means a bunch of different things.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 11:17 PM
Yea, that's one of the only reasons I haven't bothered with it. I learned all the general 'rules' and such in one night, but all the symbolism and fact that I didn't have cards just made me forget.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 11:17 PM
True, but in most Tarot cards, rather than just a wolf, there's a person holding this, doing that, with this around him, and this on the ground, etc... and it all means a bunch of different things.

Just let it go and let me say that I know nothing about tarot reading but my character does.:smalltongue:

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 11:21 PM
When is the H.E. going to arrive?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-18, 11:23 PM
When is the H.E. going to arrive?
Soon. If you want you could make a second character since wwhoever was/is RPing with your first is gone.

bvdk99
2010-07-18, 11:25 PM
Soon. If you want you could make a second character since wwhoever was/is RPing with your first is gone.

Woodsman? He's not gone, he's posting in CHB. I'll PM him reminding him.

Also, I think I'm gonna ditch the Charms teacher, there's nothing much to do with her. Someone else can create another one to replace her, so I'll make another student character, if that's okay.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-18, 11:26 PM
I just finished the Divinations teacher! His name is George.:smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-07-19, 12:35 AM
Don't forget to go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135689) and fill out the universe profile form listed in the first post, so we can index this thread.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-19, 08:37 AM
I can't believe I haven't noticed this before now :smalleek:

That almost all posts happened while I was sleeping and before sunrise is no excuse!

Now I just need to find a spot to place a character, are transmo-morph-Whatever Tonks was allowed?

Also, are we following the books with actual robes and hats or the (accursed) movies with their uniforms that makes the part about wizards not understanding muggle clothing customs a plothole?

Creed
2010-07-19, 08:39 AM

That almost all posts happened while I was sleeping and before sunrise is no excuse!

Now I just need to find a spot to place a character, are transmo-morph-Whatever Tonks was allowed?

Also, are we following the books with actual robes and hats or the (accursed) movies with their uniforms that makes the part about wizards not understanding muggle clothing customs a plothole?

Metamorphagi is what I believe people like Tonks are called. You'd have to ask GG if they're allowed and the clothing thing.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 01:57 PM

Robes without hats. The perfect combo.:smalltongue:
And they have to be related to Tonks in some way. (Who I think survived the second book.)

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 01:59 PM
Robes without hats. The perfect combo.:smalltongue:
And they have to be related to Tonks in some way. (Who I think survived the second book.)

Tonks died at the end of the seventh book. It's possible for a Metamorphagus to be born to normal wizarding parents, though.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 02:02 PM
Tonks died at the end of the seventh book. It's possible for a Metamorphagus to be born to normal wizarding parents, though.
Darn. I thought it was just Lupin. And was it Fred or George who got their ear blown off? And which one lived?

Ok.

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 02:03 PM
Darn. I thought it was just Lupin. And was it Fred or George who got their ear blown off? And which one lived?

Ok.

George got the ear cut off, Fred died.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 02:04 PM

I still want to murder JK Rowling for killing him. Buckbeak survived right?

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 02:05 PM

That was my second least favorite part.

I cried when Dobey died, but Fred was one o my favorite characters so..

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 02:05 PM
I still want to murder JK Rowling for killing him. Buckbeak survived right?

I know, but it's what happened. Buckbeak lived, though. And George got married and had kids

Also, Luna married Rolf Scamander, grandson of Newt Scamander, who wrote "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 02:10 PM
Mom told me about this guy, Snape, or something. She says he was the "most vile person she'd ever met", he says, grinning.
Yeah, um, no she didn't.
Snape died.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 02:10 PM
I know, but it's what happened. Buckbeak lived, though. And George got married and had kids

Also, Luna married Rolf Scamander, grandson of Newt Scamander, who wrote "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

I thought Luna married Neville. :smallconfused:

Also:

R.I.P. Dobby. We will never forget you. :smallfrown::smallwink:

Edit: @Gimliggamer: I know, but his mom was Katie Bell, if that's okay. If not, she was just some random Gryffindor a year older than Harry, and was in Snape's potions class.

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 02:11 PM
I thought Luna married Neville. :smallconfused:

Word of God (meaning JKR herself) says Luna married Rolf Scamander and Neville married Hannah Abbot (if memory serves)

Also, George married Angelina Johnson.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 02:12 PM
Never forget :
RIP Hedwig. May you live in owl heaven and eat mice. Yum. Probably mice hell.

Edit: @Gimliggamer: I know, but his mom was Katie Bell, if that's okay. If not, she was just some random Gryffindor a year older than Harry, and was in Snape's potions class.

This is fine.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 02:16 PM
Never forget :
RIP Hedwig. May you live in owl heaven and eat mice. Yum. Probably mice hell.

This is fine.

Cool, thanks. Is it too much of a stretch for his dad to be Cormac McLaggen?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 02:18 PM
I forgot who that is. So I think it's fine.

And did Charlie Weasley survive the seventh book?

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 02:18 PM

Yes. It is. Very much. :smalltongue:

Edit:
To my knowledge, Fred was the only Weasley who died. :smallfrown:

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 02:30 PM
Yes. It is. Very much. :smalltongue:

Edit:
To my knowledge, Fred was the only Weasley who died. :smallfrown:

How? :smallconfused:

(Cormac McLaggen was in the same year as Katie Bell, and was featured in the 6th book.)

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 02:32 PM

(Cormac McLaggen was in the same year as Katie Bell, and was featured in the 6th book.)

I believe Lumberjack was making a joke.

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 02:32 PM

Yeah, but nobody really liked him.

Of course, it's possible he shaped up some over the years.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but nobody really liked him.

Of course, it's possible he shaped up some over the years.

He was popular, if I remember correctly, but was arrogant and vain. Luc is based off someone my age who's quite arrogant, so it makes sense. But yes, I'm assuming that as an adult, he's more mature.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 02:35 PM
Well, it's not official yet, but I'm Captain. So say the cards.
Arthur smiles and chuckles a bit at his own joke.
(When would he find out?)
I....have no idea how Harry found out in the books. It's been a while. If noone knows, I was thinking of headmistress summoning.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-19, 03:03 PM

Her son survived and lived with her parents from then on (he had been born shortly before) and Nymphadora Tonks was not unique, she tells Harry that she is A Methamorphmagus not the methamorphmagus and not a singe person remarks on it more than a muggle would remark on someone having an uncommon eye colour.

Also, how Harry found out what? That he was the team leader in Quiditch*?

*He got it in his letter from Hogwarts (the one with the list of books) in the summer :smallsmile:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 03:06 PM
I didn't say she was. It would have been cooler if she lived though....So many awesome people died....:smallfrown::smallyuk:. And that rule got changed. Blarg. They have to see the headmistress. Blarg.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 03:06 PM
Her son survived and lived with her parents from then on (he had been born shortly before) and Nymphadora Tonks was not unique, she tells Harry that she is A Methamorphmagus not the methamorphmagus and not a singe person remarks on it more than a muggle would remark on someone having an uncommon eye colour.

Also, how Harry found out what? That he was the team leader in Quiditch*?

*He got it in his letter from Hogwarts (the one with the list of books) in the summer :smallsmile:

Actually, Teddy Tonks lives with Harry and Ginny, I think, because Harry is his godfather.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 03:10 PM
Sorting/Feast next post.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-19, 03:26 PM
I didn't say she was.

Then what did "And they have to be related to Tonks" mean? I should probably read stuff more closely-close so I don't misunderstand but where would the fun be in that? :smalltongue:

Actually, Teddy Tonks lives with Harry and Ginny, I think, because Harry is his godfather.

They mention that he practically lives with them to my memory, sorta like with Sirius and the Potters when the Marauders where still at school.

Flibberjab me not packing the seventh book for my vacation, how can I call myself crazy-prepared without that!

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 03:27 PM
Then what did "And they have to be related to Tonks" mean?

It would have been fun/funny....Blarg.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 03:34 PM
((Has sorting already happened? If so, Angelica was put in Slytherin.))

Yes, it has.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-19, 03:37 PM
It would have been fun/funny....Blarg.

It would be funny, I was just in a grumpy-dumpy mean mood* and got annoyed because it looked like you said a:smalltongue: Methamorphmagi were related to Nyphadora *Bonk 'It's TONKS!'*

I apologise for being a jerk.

So... Could I play a methi-mutha- Tonksy character? I'll make him related to Tonks (exactly how is where the fun begins :smalltongue:)

*Great, now I talk like a kindergarten teacher... Yay!

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 03:40 PM
It would be funny, I was just in a grumpy-dumpy mean mood* and got annoyed because it looked like you said a:smalltongue: Methamorphmagi were related to Nyphadora *Bonk 'It's TONKS!'*

I apologise for being a jerk.

So... Could I play a methi-mutha- Tonksy character? I'll make him related to Tonks (exactly how is where the fun begins :smalltongue:)

*Great, now I talk like a kindergarten teacher... Yay!

This is approved. A lot.
Blarg.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 04:07 PM
I'm not a heavy eater. But my one weakness is spotted ****. I love it. But fine, I'll have a few potatoes, she says, taking 3 boiled potatoes and eating them slowly.

Spotted what?

Mina Kobold
2010-07-19, 04:34 PM
Spotted what?

It has already been pointed out to be this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_****) but I just want to warn you, many a British dish have little to do with the apparent meaning of it's name.

Take Black Pudding, it's made of almost 100% pig blood.

Delicious :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 04:35 PM
It has already been pointed out to be this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_****) but I just want to warn you, many a British dish have little to do with the apparent meaning of it's name.

Take Black Pudding, it's made of almost 100% pig blood.

Delicious :smalltongue:

It sensors the link, so it won't go to the page, I already tried.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 04:43 PM
((Except, y'know, half-bloods and Muggleborns are sorted into Slytherin))

We both know that the correct term is mudblood when used by muggleborns.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 05:00 PM
Short deadtime.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-19, 05:01 PM
((Except, y'know, half-bloods and Muggleborns are sorted into Slytherin))

The books state that that one of the requirements for Slytherins is that they are at least half-blood, IIRC.

That was the point of Slytherin leaving, he didn't want to teach muggle-borns :smallsmile:

[Midnight, need sleepsies, deadtime, bye, *snooze*]

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 05:35 PM
Back. Blarg. what happened. And why did someone use the word 'pimpin' in the RP I just created?:smallannoyed::smallamused::smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 06:58 PM
Jack is planning asking Rachel out (formally, not Arthur's lame "hanging out" :smalltongue:) as soon as he can. :smalltongue:

So, do classes start tomorrow?

Yes, they do. And so does the Triwizard tournament!

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 06:59 PM

Hell yes! Hogwarts champ, right here! :smallbiggrin:

Creed
2010-07-19, 07:07 PM

OMGWTFBBQ?!

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 07:49 PM
(They're not allowed to use magic outside of school. If they do, they're expelled. AKA he couldn't have been taught that.)

Actually, if you have wizarding parents, you can do some magic without getting in trouble. The Tracer Charm doesn't know who casts the spell, just if it's in the vicinity of the underaged wizard, as evidenced by Dobby in Chamber of Secrets.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 07:52 PM
Thera looks up at him smiling.
Thanks.
Jack just became her idol and hero. She is going to look up to him forever. Not even kidding.
So what's it like being in Gryffindor? Did you meet Harry Potter?
This IS canon, right?

25 years after The Death of voldemort.

Viera Champion
2010-07-19, 07:52 PM
(They're not allowed to use magic outside of school. If they do, they're expelled. AKA he couldn't have been taught that.)

Actually, her parents could teach her the motions and words, and she could do them back, and they would see how similar she does it to theirs. Think before you speak.

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 07:53 PM
Actually, her parents could teach her the motions and words, and she could do them back, and they would see how similar she does it to theirs. Think before you speak.

Actually, if you have wizarding parents, you can do some magic without getting in trouble. The Tracer Charm doesn't know who casts the spell, just if it's in the vicinity of the underaged wizard, as evidenced by Dobby in Chamber of Secrets.

This too. BOW BEFORE MY CANONICAL KNOWLEDGE! :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2010-07-19, 07:54 PM
25 years after The Death of voldemort.

Ok, but she still asks that. I mean he IS a hero. He would probably come back to the school sometimes and stuff. And... Oh my god!
What about his and Ginny's kids?! Do they go there? Or is it too early for them to be born?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 07:56 PM
Ok, but she still asks that. I mean he IS a hero. He would probably come back to the school sometimes and stuff. And... Oh my god!
What about his and Ginny's kids?! Do they go there? Or is it too early for them to be born?

They are here.

Lily, the youngest child, was born 10 years after the fall of Voldemort, so she is fifteen now and in her fifth year. Albus is in seventh. James has graduated. Rose (Ron and Hermione's daughter) is in fourth year right now.

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 07:57 PM

His kids are there. We've stated it several times.

Viera Champion
2010-07-19, 07:58 PM
Well exxxcuuussseee mmeeee! I was posting the question here in this thread when you guys said it.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 08:00 PM
Can we timeskip 'till morning?
Soon. Blarg.

Viera Champion
2010-07-19, 08:03 PM
No we cannot. I missed all the RPing, and I wanna get some in first. WAAAHHHH!! :smalltongue:

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 08:33 PM
Stephan and Artemis. Stephen is the athletic type of person with short blonde hair. Artemis is thin and bookish. He has medium length black hair and glasses.

Is Artemis's last name Fowl? :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 08:34 PM
Perhaps...
Book references FTW!!!

Creed
2010-07-19, 08:36 PM

Fowl: L, move over! I'm typing now!
I will find you and eat you.

L: Okay guys, I'm back.:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 08:44 PM
Tiem Skiep soon guise?

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 08:44 PM
Tiem Skiep soon guise?

Sure, sounds good.

Can Jack be friends with Artemis? :smallbiggrin:

Creed
2010-07-19, 08:45 PM
Tiem Skiep soon guise?

yes plz! Marcus wants to teach a class.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 08:48 PM
yes plz! Marcus wants to teach a class.

By the way Creed, your controlling the teacher of ancient runes. Just to let you know.

Creed
2010-07-19, 08:51 PM
By the way Creed, your controlling the teacher of ancient runes. Just to let you know.

oh...okay. is it cause I'm the only person taking it?:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 08:54 PM
oh...okay. is it cause I'm the only person taking it?:smalltongue:

Actually there are like, at least two other PCs taking it. And I don't know what it is.:smalltongue:

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 08:55 PM
Actually there are like, at least two other PCs taking it. And I don't know what it is.:smalltongue:

I'd be more worried about Arithmancy than Ancient Runes. :smalltongue:

Creed
2010-07-19, 08:55 PM

it's never detailed since Hermoine is the only one who takes it. it has something to do with runes... that are ancient...

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 08:58 PM
it's never detailed since Hermoine is the only one who takes it. it has something to do with runes... that are ancient...
Oh. If it's not detailed then I can totally make a character to teach it.

And isn't arithmacy just math learned at a Macy's?

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 08:59 PM
Oh. If it's not detailed then I can totally make a character to teach it.

And isn't arithmacy just math learned at a Macy's?

Arithmancy. :smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 08:59 PM
Arithmancy. :smalltongue:

Magical math??

Jump on the Magic Math school Bus!

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 09:09 PM
Edit: @Gimliggamer: Are you going to give every character a timetable, or...?

Can everyone posts their students name, year, house, and what classes they are taking?

Creed
2010-07-19, 09:12 PM
Nicholae: CFMC, Two periods of Runes, Potions, DATDA, Transfiguration, Charms, Herbalogy, Astronomy, History of Magic
Year 6, Slytherin

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 09:14 PM
Arthur Drake: Fourth year Ravenclaw,
Transfiguration,
Defence Against the Dark Arts,
Charms,
Potions,
Astronomy,
History of Magic,
Herbology
(All required until six year by the way.)
Ancient Runes
Divination
Care of Magical Creatures

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 09:16 PM
Can everyone posts their students name, year, house, and what classes they are taking?

Name: Rachael Davies
Year: 4
House: Ravenclaw
Classes: Core/Manditory classes: Transfiguration, Herbology, Astronomy, Defence Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic, Potions, Charms; Electives: Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination.

Name: Luc McLaggen
House: Gryffindor
Classes: Core/Manditory classes: Transfiguration, Herbology, Astronomy, Defence Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic, Potions, Charms; Electives: Care of Magical Creatures, Divination (he only took it because the others, minus COMC sounded boring to him).

(By the way, there are some details on Ancient Runes: You have to interpret runes a lot, and the O.W.L. involves translating a text in runes into English.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 09:19 PM
Then there are ten periods plus lunch. People with less than three elected classes get a free period. Blarg.

And you forgot Luc bv.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 09:20 PM
What of those who take more than three electives? What if they take all five?

Creed
2010-07-19, 09:20 PM
Then there are ten periods plus lunch. People with less than three elected classes get a free period. Blarg.

I'm gonna add some classes to Nicholae's then.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 09:21 PM
What of those who take more than three electives? What if they take all five?
......They die They have to use a time turner. Blarg.

I'm gonna add some classes to Nicholae's then.
Actually, if you add in the three core classes he missed, you get exactly ten.

Woodsman
2010-07-19, 09:31 PM
Name: Jack (surname escapes me)
Year: 4th
Classes: Core
Care for Magical Creatues
Muggle Studies (easy 'O' :smalltongue:)
Arithmancy

Creed
2010-07-19, 09:32 PM
......They die They have to use a time turner. Blarg.

Actually, if you add in the three core classes he missed, you get exactly ten.

oh, then just add those.

Viera Champion
2010-07-19, 09:33 PM
Name: Thera
Year: First
Classes: Transfiguration,
Charms,
Potions,
Astronomy,
History of Magic,
Herbology
Ancient Runes
Divination

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 09:35 PM
Name: Thera
Year: First
Classes: Transfiguration,
Charms,
Potions,
Astronomy,
History of Magic,
Herbology
Ancient Runes
Divination

No electives first year. Sorry, at least that's what wikipedia says, and I seem to remember that.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 09:41 PM
No electives first year. Sorry, at least that's what wikipedia says, and I seem to remember that.

It's also what the Harry Potter Lexicon says. (Go there it's super useful!!! :smalltongue:) First and second year, you only get core classes.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 09:42 PM
I prefer wikipedia and the HP wiki, the lexicon hurts my eyes.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 09:49 PM
I prefer wikipedia and the HP wiki, the lexicon hurts my eyes.

Really? I find it more practical. It is the "most complete and amazing reference to the wonderful world of Harry Potter." :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 09:50 PM
Really? I find it more practical. It is the "most complete and amazing reference to the wonderful world of Harry Potter." :smalltongue:

I just don't like the buttons and text and such, gives me a headache.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 10:01 PM
This is the best I could do schedule wide. I only did ones for characters who would share classes with other PCs. Now i need to work out which class which house is taking with which.:smallsigh:
Arthur Drake
Defence Against the Dark Arts
Ancient Runes
Divination
Transfiguration
Charms
Potions
Astronomy
History of Magic
Herbology

Rachael Davies
Herbology
Care of Magical Creatures,
Divination
Arithmancy
Transfiguration
Potions
Charms
History of Magic

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 10:02 PM
(Continued because of slow computer:smallsigh:)
Luc McLaggen
History of Magic
Potions
Divination
Astronomy
Transfiguration
Charms
Herbology

Jack
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Astronomy
Potions
Herbology
Transfiguration
History of Magic
Muggle Studies
Charms
Arithmancy

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 10:38 PM
Gimliggamer, I have a question:

Say I deadtimed in a while and came back in the middle of the day tomorrow (that's not the case, but it's just a question). How would I know which classes are going on at which time? Are you going to announce: __ PERIOD TIME every once in a while, or what?

Creed
2010-07-19, 10:38 PM
Nicholae's Classes

Potions
Runes
HoM
DATDA
Care
*Lunch (Study Time)*
Astronomy
More Runes
Herbology
Transfiguration
Charms

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 10:39 PM
Gimliggamer, I have a question:

Say I deadtimed in a while and came back in the middle of the day tomorrow (that's not the case, but it's just a question). How would I know which classes are going on at which time? Are you going to announce: __ PERIOD TIME every once in a while, or what?

That or something similar.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 10:45 PM
Nicholae's Classes

Potions
Runes
HoM
DATDA
Care
*Lunch (Study Time)*
Astronomy
More Runes
Herbology
Transfiguration
Charms

Are you sure he would have all those classes? Remember, he'd have had to pass the O.W.L.s for all those classes.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-19, 10:45 PM
Interested for now.
Trial character. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8959615#post8959615)

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 10:46 PM
Interested for now.
Trial character. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8959615#post8959615)

...I'm going to explode if I have to make two more timetables. but otherwise it's good.:smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 10:46 PM
I like the name, and she'd be about 5 foot 2. I did that in my head, so now you can't mock my lack of metric knowledge.:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Anyway, good to have you on Kris.

Creed
2010-07-19, 10:47 PM
Are you sure he would have all those classes? Remember, he'd have had to pass the O.W.L.s for all those classes.

Yep. It's all good. He just studies alot, like during meals, when he should be asleep, when he should be being a social person and not a nerd genius.
It's all good under the hood. Don't worry, be happy.
Woke up dis mornin. Smiled at da risin sun. Taree little birds....

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-19, 10:49 PM
I like the name, and she'd be about 5 foot 2. I did that in my head, so now you can't mock my lack of metric knowledge.:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Anyway, good to have you on Kris.

5'1" actually. So yes I can. :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 10:50 PM
5'1" actually. So yes I can. :smalltongue:

I said about, so I get points at least.:smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-19, 11:07 PM
I think I'm meant to post what classes Fields is taking, so:

Potions
Charms
Transfiguration
Astronomy
Divination
History of Magic
Ancient Runes
Arithmancy

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 11:09 PM
I think I'm meant to post what classes Fields is taking, so:

Potions
Charms
Transfiguration
Astronomy
Divination
History of Magic
Ancient Runes
Arithmancy

You're missing herbology.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-19, 11:10 PM
You're missing herbology.

She doesn't have to take it.

bvdk99
2010-07-19, 11:14 PM
@Kid Kris: So, Strawberry passed all her OWLs for all those classes?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 11:14 PM
She's taking those this year, and O.W.L.s haven't happened yet.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-19, 11:31 PM
She's in her Sixth year, actually. Same as Creed. She failed Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. Not really an outdoorsy type of person. DADA was passed by the skin of her teeth.

Opal Koboi, the Ancient Runes teacher, gets her lesson ready.

You cannot be serious...

Gimliggamer
2010-07-19, 11:32 PM
You can't be serious...

I totally can be serious....sometimes.......maybe.....>.>

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 12:19 AM
Given Fields is in the same year and house as Nicholae, I'mma assume they have all the same classes at the same time, except when he has Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology she has Arithmancy and Divination. And maybe extra-something else instead of extra-Runes. Charms, I guess.

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:13 AM
Colin
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120 pounds
Appearance: A strong boy with short black hair, and warming brown eyes. He wears a gray V-Neck shirt, and a pair of jeans.

He is quite the ladies man, and will show off whenever he gets the chance.

Possesions: A cat named Tiger
Wand: 8" dragon bone has a griffon wing in it.

I noticed a few errors in the wand section:

-Wands must be made of a type of wood, not dragon bone.
-You didn't say what the core is.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 01:15 AM
A griffin wing, apparently. One wonders how one would fit an entire wing in a wand.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:15 AM
I noticed a few errors in the wand section:

-Wands must be made of a type of wood, not dragon bone.
-You didn't say what the core is.

-griffon wing core
But yes, wood is the only mentioned casing, and it is quite vital to the wand, I don't believe there are substitutes.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 01:17 AM
A griffin wing, apparently. One wonders how one would fit an entire wing in a wand.

I believe it was meant to say a feather from a griffin wing.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:18 AM
1. But he wouldn't have been able to use the spell outside of school.
2. Please don't use it. It's completely cheap.

Spells strength are all based on caster experience, it's not like he can cancel any spell otherwise he'd already have used it on all her spells, it's only localized, he can only use it on stuff happening to him directly. Like him getting slowed down.

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:20 AM
Spells strength are all based on caster experience, it's not like he can cancel any spell otherwise he'd already have used it on all her spells, it's only localized, he can only use it on stuff happening to him directly. Like him getting slowed down.

Fine. Then Rachael knows it too. :smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:21 AM
Where'd she learn it?

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:26 AM
Where'd she learn it?

Where did Arthur learn it?

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 01:27 AM
Honestly, I'd be more worried about a Fourth Year being able to conjure birds out of thin air like the best of them. I get that he's in Ravenclaw, but maybe we could hold off the NEWT level spells? :smalltongue:

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:28 AM
Honestly, I'd be more worried about a Fourth Year being able to conjure birds out of thin air like the best of them. I get that he's in Ravenclaw, but maybe we could hold off the NEWT level spells? :smalltongue:

You're joking, right? Because, if you aren't, you should realize that it's conjuring birds. That's like nothing.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 01:30 AM
Conjuring is Conjuring. Turning a fluffy ball into a bird is well within an intelligent fourth year's league, but the theory of Conjuring isn't taught until Sixth Year, if I remember correctly.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:33 AM
Where did Arthur learn it?

Asked you first.

Conjuring is higher up, but avis is a basic conjuring spell, Arthur was raised with a focus on his spell casting abillities. His parents teach him more advanced spells over summer.

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:35 AM
Asked you first.

Conjuring is higher up, but avis is a basic conjuring spell, Arthur was raised with a focus on his spell casting abillities. His parents teach him more advanced spells over summer.

But the thing is, Arthur can't use magic outside of school, i.e. he can't practice those spells.

Edit: Fine. Rachael's dad (Roger Davies, mind you) told her the words last summer, and she spent a few weeks in her 3rd year practicing it.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 01:36 AM
I'm just remembering that the first use of that spell (besides Ollivander is book 4) is Hermione in book 6, when she sets them on Ron. I believe Harry compliments her on being (most likely the only one) able to do the spell correctly.
*shrugs*
No big deal though.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:39 AM
But the thing is, Arthur can't use magic outside of school, i.e. he can't practice those spells.

Edit: Fine. Rachael's dad (Roger Davies, mind you) told her the words last summer, and she spent a few weeks in her 3rd year practicing it.

Arthur learns his spells from his parents, two hit wizards. Hit Wizards are kinda like the SWAT team for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. The specialize in protective charms, counter curses and detainment.

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:41 AM
Arthur learns his spells from his parents, two hit wizards. Hit Wizards are kinda like the SWAT team for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. The specialize in protective charms, counter curses and detainment.

You're still not answering my question. How can he practice the spells outside of school?

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 01:42 AM

You mean like Aurors? :smallconfused:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:45 AM
He practices until he gets a warning, then stops, the warnings are never to severe because of his parents. Eventually he begin to do that again. Enough for some okay practice.

@Kris: It's actually a separate division of the DMLE.

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:48 AM
He practices until he gets a warning, then stops, the warnings are never to severe because of his parents. Eventually he begin to do that again. Enough for some okay practice.

Oh come on, that's a bit cheap. Even though they're Aurors, his parents would get in trouble for letting him do that.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 01:50 AM

Ah right. For a second I thought you were making them up. But I just googled it, so it's all good. :smallwink:
So the Hit Wizards are more like the SWAT, while Aurors are the FBI. :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:53 AM
Oh come on, that's a bit cheap. Even though they're Aurors, his parents would get in trouble for letting him do that.

Corruption in the magical government has been shown to be incrediably common, I doubt it, maybe if he ignored the warnings and continued to practice all the time, or practiced in front of Muggles, but I doubt they'd get anything to horrible, and he's only maybe a year ahead at the very most. It takes about two or three weeks to learn a spell, let's say. So he practices for three weeks, gets a warning, lays low for three weeks, that leaves about four weeks left, so he goes again, that's two spells everysummer and non that are very powerful until recently he learned Finite.

@Kris: Yea, that sounds like a good anaglogy.

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:54 AM
Corruption in the magical government has been shown to be incrediably common, I doubt it, maybe if he ignored the warnings and continued to practice all the time, or practiced in front of Muggles, but I doubt they'd get anything to horrible, and he's only maybe a year ahead at the very most. It takes about two or three weeks to learn a spell, let's say. So he practices for three weeks, gets a warning, lays low for three weeks, that leaves about four weeks left, so he goes again, that's two spells everysummer and non that are very powerful until recently he learned Finite.

@Kris: Yea, that sounds like a good anaglogy.

But a year in advance in all subjects? I don't know...

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:56 AM
Not all, just Charms and maybe half a year in Transfiguration. The other subjects he's on level with the normal Ravenclaw such because they're unnecessary. And he takes a personal interest in Divination, so he does well there.

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:58 AM
Not all, just Charms and maybe half a year in Transfiguration. The other subjects he's on level with the normal Ravenclaw such because they're unnecessary. And he takes a personal interest in Divination, so he does well there.

Oh, well, okay. I'd say him and Rachael are about even in Charms, because she's really really good at them too, and practices frequently at school. She's quite good at Transfiguration too.

Luc's best at Transfiguration and hexes.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 02:12 AM

Name: Strawberry Fields
Description: Adept at Transfiguration and genius at Charms, average with most other subjects (though has a passion for Divination, of all things).

I'm still not convinced that you aren't my evil twin...

Mina Kobold
2010-07-20, 05:49 AM
I'm back! For about tn minutes T_T

Being the geeky-geek that I am (:smalltongue:) I would like to point out two errors I've seen since I left:

1. Harry Potter losing his scar after the battle does not fit with the epiloque mentioning him stroking it and being sure no harm will come to his children since it doesn't hurt anymore.

B. The first warning Harry got was because of a spell Dobby cast, later revealed to be because the magical government can't tell who used magic, just that it was used in the area. Learning spells from your parents is possible by that logic. It would be illegal, but possible.

And last, am I the only European here? Nine pages since I left to get sleepsies, NINE!

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 05:58 AM
Not European, but similarly vexed by timezones, Asian that I am.

horngeek
2010-07-20, 07:58 AM
Hmmm. I actually do have an idea for a student. Transfer student from Australia. Bit of a Deadpan Snarker at times.

...probably Gryffindor. 4th year.

Woodsman
2010-07-20, 10:23 AM
B. The first warning Harry got was because of a spell Dobby cast, later revealed to be because the magical government can't tell who used magic, just that it was used in the area. Learning spells from your parents is possible by that logic. It would be illegal, but possible.

I pointed that out several pages back, but no one saw or cared, apparently!

Jack is meant to be sort of a Hermione in terms of magical prowess, except better at DADA. He's not as much of a workaholic, but if he has nothing better to do, he'll practice. (He's supposed to be me, remember, and I am unussaly gifted. It's part of why he's Muggle-born :smalltongue:)

He sucks at Quidditch, though. Terribly.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 11:59 AM
Has the role of potions master been taken? If not, I believe I shall take the mantle, if only so Nicholae and Fields aren't left waiting outside the room forever.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 12:11 PM
Isabella is reading a very thick textbook labeled Self Transfiguration: An Advanced Guide To Changing Your Shape in the girl's 7th year Slytherin dorm. The stack of books beside her include titles like To Become An Animagus and A Practical Guide to Animagi Training. An NPC could RP with her...

What year is she?

@Kid Kris: It is not. You can take it if you want.

Zexion
2010-07-20, 12:15 PM
What year is she?
Year Seven.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 12:18 PM
Year Seven.
I'll need the classes she is taking besides the core ones. Make it three or less please. There are three seven years now so I'm making schedules.
And her first class is potions, with the two other seven year slytherins and assorted NPCs.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-20, 12:21 PM
I pointed that out several pages back, but no one saw or cared, apparently!

Jack is meant to be sort of a Hermione in terms of magical prowess, except better at DADA. He's not as much of a workaholic, but if he has nothing better to do, he'll practice. (He's supposed to be me, remember, and I am unussaly gifted. It's part of why he's Muggle-born :smalltongue:)

He sucks at Quidditch, though. Terribly.

You might want to give him a substitute "dumb stat" to make up for the DADA one, good character's need a balance between Merits and Flaws after all. Hermione could (unlikely) have been too perfect to be interesting had she not sucked at the most important magic used in the books :smallsmile:

On another note, unusually gifted is the norm around these parts :smalltongue:

Seriously, what do you mean by it? It can mean anything from being heterochrometic to being a genius savant. No offence :smallconfused:

Zexion
2010-07-20, 12:22 PM
I'll need the classes she is taking besides the core ones. Make it three or less please. There are three seven years now so I'm making schedules.
And her first class is potions, with the two other seven year slytherins and assorted NPCs.
What are the core subjects? She's excellent at Potions and Transfiguration, and is definitely taking DADA, Charms, and Herbology.

Creed

Nicholae is year 6, he just reads a year 7 book for fun. He takes year 6 classes still.

horngeek
You might want to give him a substitute "dumb stat" to make up for the DADA one, good character's need a balance between Merits and Flaws after all. Hermione could (unlikely) have been too perfect to be interesting had she not sucked at the most important magic used in the books :smallsmile:

Seriously, what do you mean by it? It can mean anything from being heterochrometic to being a genius savant. No offence :smallconfused:

Make him a complete social klutz, of course. :smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 12:26 PM
I just remembered that I forgot the core classes for seventh years besides DADA and the apparating thingamajig.....:smallsigh:

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 12:29 PM
I just remembered that I forgot the core classes for seventh years besides DADA and the apparating thingamajig.....:smallsigh:

There aren't any core classes. They continue studying in their chosen fields.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 12:29 PM

Apparition is optional.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 12:30 PM
What are the core subjects? She's excellent at Potions and Transfiguration, and is definitely taking DADA, Charms, and Herbology.
Are these it?

There aren't any core classes. They continue studying in their chosen fields.
Thanks. *throws bvdk a snickers bar from across the internet*

Mina Kobold
2010-07-20, 12:32 PM
Make him a complete social klutz, of course. :smalltongue:

Ah, Charisma. A classic for dumb stats. How nostalgic :smalltongue:

And now for something completely different:

What would second year Ravenclaw first class be? Charms? Herbology? Magical History? The study of llamas?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 12:34 PM
Ah, Charisma. A classic for dumb stats. How nostalgic :smalltongue:

And now for something completely different:

What would second year Ravenclaw first class be? Charms? Herbology? Magical History? The study of llamas?
Well, there aren't any other second years yet, so you can pick your schedule as long as it doesn't shre classes with the others.

Zexion
2010-07-20, 12:39 PM
Are these it?
And... one more thing, which she's trying to get the Transfiguration teacher to agree to IC right now. :smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 12:48 PM
And... one more thing, which she's trying to get the Transfiguration teacher to agree to IC right now. :smalltongue:

Hm. Is Woodsman still on? Because he controls the transfiguration teacher.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:03 PM
Name : Isabella Ferrucia
Height : 5' 6''
Weight : 120 lbs.
House : Slytherin
Appearance : Long black hair and
Possessions : The norm plus a pointy hat.
Wand Description : 12" Petrified Dark Cherry with obsidian crystals at the center. Custom.

What do you mean custom?

Zexion
2010-07-20, 01:05 PM
What do you mean custom?
As in it doesn't have some feathers or tail hair as the magic focus, it has obsidian crystals. It doesn't really make a difference.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:08 PM
Oh. Kinda an unnecessary addendum. On a related note, is Ollivander's still the go to wand shop?

Woodsman
2010-07-20, 01:08 PM

True, true. He sucks at Herbology, then, because I'm not a fan of plants. :smalltongue: And he's not the best at potions, either.

Unusually gifted means I'm really smart, though. Like, top of my class.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 01:09 PM
Oh. Kinda an unnecessary addendum. On a related note, is Ollivander's still the go to wand shop?

Um.
Didn't Ollivander die?

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:13 PM
Um.
Didn't Ollivander die?

I was trying to remember, but I can't find my books. I would like to play the new goto wand maker if he is dead. For anytime we may need him, and if he is alive, we can assume most people didn't get their wands there, because he only uses phoenix feather, unicorn hair and dragon heartstrings as his cores for wands he makes.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:27 PM
I have decided to give a list of Arthur's advanced level spells.

-Furnunculus(The Furnunculus Curse)
-Finite Incantatem(Only used locally)
-Avis(Up to four birds)
-Oppugno
-Relashio

The first and last are actually fourth year level spells, Harry used them in Goblet of Fire, but he knew them before the year started, so it seems to be advanced.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post...

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:36 PM
Rachael's advanced spells:

-Incarcerous
-Relashio
-Reducio

Luc's advanced spells:

-Orchideous (there's a special reason).

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:39 PM
Luc's advanced spells:

-Orchideous (there's a special reason).

Not all that advanced I'd say, just extra. Or maybe advanced, because it's conjuring...

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 01:41 PM
Not all that advanced I'd say, just extra. Or maybe advanced, because it's conjuring...

He knows a few advanced hexes, and a bunch of curses, because those are his favourite.

He knows Orchideous so that if he meets a girl who he likes, he can use it. :smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 01:43 PM
You think doves are as impressive as flowers? Maybe Arthur could use that...

Mina Kobold
2010-07-20, 01:49 PM
True, true. He sucks at Herbology, then, because I'm not a fan of plants. :smalltongue: And he's not the best at potions, either.

Unusually gifted means I'm really smart, though. Like, top of my class.

Good, good :smallsmile:

Being on top of my class and having a supposedly high intelligence (top 2% of the world my A-turtle!) landed me a fair bit lower than a lot of the people that were online in the particular thread I was posting in at the time.
Seems ike only imlausibly gifted peope come here.

Of course, now it inevitably shows up you can solve a Rubik cube in ten seconds while calculating fifty ciphers of Pi while reading two books simultaneously.

:smalltongue:

Um.
Didn't Ollivander die?

Don't think so, he was saved along with Luna if my memory serves me correctly.

Viera Champion
2010-07-20, 02:02 PM
Hey a BV, I never edited my post. They edited it in their quotes.:smallwink::smallamused::smallcool:

Zexion
2010-07-20, 02:03 PM
Good, good :smallsmile:

Being on top of my class and having a supposedly high intelligence (top 2% of the world my A-turtle!) landed me a fair bit lower than a lot of the people that were online in the particular thread I was posting in at the time.
Seems ike only imlausibly gifted peope come here.

Of course, now it inevitably shows up you can solve a Rubik cube in ten seconds while calculating fifty ciphers of Pi while reading two books simultaneously.

:smalltongue:
I can read two pages simultaneously. :smalltongue:

And top 1%. Although it's not a competition. :smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 02:05 PM
It's great that we can all talk about our top percentileness, but it's not really that impressive. Because we're on the internet, really easy to lie. And none of us will ever get the proof that it's true, so we have to take your word, and I don't trust any of your word enough to be impressed.

Zexion
2010-07-20, 02:10 PM
It's great that we can all talk about our top percentileness, but it's not really that impressive. Because we're on the internet, really easy to lie. And none of us will ever get the proof that it's true, so we have to take your word, and I don't trust any of your word enough to be impressed.
And it's also not impressive because 70 million people can claim the same thing. And that really irritates me. Yes, I'm a perfectionist.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 02:12 PM
I do however, believe that you can read two pages at once, and it's pretty cool. What exactly do you mean by that?

Mina Kobold
2010-07-20, 02:17 PM

Very good point :smallsmile:

Which puts you in my top 3% wisest people around here :smalltongue:

Would love to provide proof and material for discussions but even a screen-shot of a finished IQ test can be photoshopped (even though I don't have Photoshop.) Oh well, back to my fun : 3 <-- Manatee smiley!

I wonder what would happen if The green-but-actually-blond haired kid became an Animagus, would he be able to change fur colour?

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 02:18 PM
Exactly, I just like to think we're all really smart, but once we start getting into percentiles and such, I stop believing.

Zexion
2010-07-20, 02:20 PM
I do however, believe that you can read two pages at once, and it's pretty cool. What exactly do you mean by that?
I control my eyes seperately and analyze the two pages while I'm reading the next two simultaneously. Does that make any sense?

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 02:21 PM
I control my eyes seperately and analyze the two pages while I'm reading the next two simultaneously. Does that make any sense?

Yea, doesn't seem as enjoyable as regular reading though.

Zexion
2010-07-20, 02:22 PM
Yea, doesn't seem as enjoyable as regular reading though.
Watch me utterly destroy your argument in one word.

Textbooks.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 02:28 PM
Watch me utterly destroy your argument in one word.

Textbooks.

I see, I find most textbooks somewhat enjoyable still, but that would indeed be efficient.

Zexion
2010-07-20, 02:38 PM
I see, I find most textbooks somewhat enjoyable still, but that would indeed be efficient.
Yes, it is. Also, it distracts people around me, who call it "unnerving." :smallsmile:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 02:40 PM
End of first period next post.

Zexion
2010-07-20, 02:42 PM
End of first period next post.
So Isabella's potions class can happen?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 02:45 PM
Is it first period or second?

Zexion
2010-07-20, 02:47 PM
Is it first period or second?
Second, I think. Weren't you making schedules? :smallconfused:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 02:49 PM
I may have forgotten, partially because it is extremely annoying to make those...

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 02:51 PM
Aw man, Arthur is taking Ancient Runes next and nobody else is...

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 02:52 PM
That's because Arthur is the only fourth year PC taking it.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 02:56 PM
That sucks... Oh well.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-20, 02:58 PM

Groovy, all I can do is looking up and forward simultaneously.

But that just looks stupid.

I could have the green-but-not-green-right-now haired kid run into him, I'm sure I can think of an excuse :smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 02:58 PM
That sucks... Oh well.
The great thing about being me right now is that I don't have to define a schedule for my PC/NPCs. I can just make them be at whichever class is convenient.:smallbiggrin:

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 03:00 PM
Jack is on his way to second period. Whatever that is.

((How many periods a day, btw? I'd imagine six or seven))

Ten plus lunch.

Woodsman
2010-07-20, 03:02 PM
Ten plus lunch.

That's kinda crazy, but whatever. What's Jack's schedule

1st. DADA
2nd. ???
3rd. ???
4th. ???
5th. ???
Lunch
6th. Transfiguration
7th. ???
8th. ???
9th. ???
10th. ???

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 03:03 PM
(Continued because of slow computer:smallsigh:)
Luc McLaggen
History of Magic
Potions
Divination
Astronomy
Transfiguration
Charms
Herbology

Jack
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Astronomy
Potions
Herbology
Transfiguration
History of Magic
Muggle Studies
Charms
Arithmancy

I'd like to point this out on like, page 5.

Woodsman
2010-07-20, 03:03 PM
I'd like to point this out on like, page 5.

Totally missed that. :smallredface:

bvdk99
2010-07-20, 03:12 PM
What's Colin's schedule?

Are there any more 4th years other than Arthur, Jack, Colin, Luc and Rachael?

Gimliggamer, are you gonna ever RP NPC's in classes?

Also, I realized something: Astronomy is done at midnight, and they wouldn't want them staying up every night till then, so should Astronomy be every two days?

Gimliggamer
2010-07-20, 03:16 PM
What are Colin's classes?
And does anyone want to RP Neville? I have no idea what to do with him, nor any idea of herbology.
And I hope this gets easier once everyone has their schedules and stuff...