PDA

View Full Version : Augment (4E)

Ignatius
2010-07-19, 01:34 AM
Hey... there is probably a simple explanation to this but I cant find it anywhere.

I am playing a 4E game in a few hours, and one of the new characters made in the character builder has powers that say 'Augmentable'.

I cannot find anything in the character builder that describes what this actually means or how it works... can anyone help me out?

We only have access to DMG1, MM1, PHB1 and Character builder.

Thanks.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-19, 01:38 AM
The only augmentable powers I know of are in PHB3. If you don't have it I suggest choosing a different class. Preferably one that's in one of the books you do have.

Edge of Dreams
2010-07-19, 01:41 AM
Psionic characters have augmentable powers (except monks). They get power points, which refresh after each encounter, and can spend them to improve their powers. Look up PHB 3 for details.

cupkeyk
2010-07-19, 01:42 AM
Hohohoho, his sheet will show how many power points he has. He can replace the hit/effect line with any of the augment (number) texts (but he can't use multiple auments at the same time), by spending the specified number of power points on that augment line. His PP's refresh every short rest.

Ignatius
2010-07-19, 01:54 AM
Thank you cupkeyk... that is exactly what I was looking for.

I have found the power points on his Char sheet and will be able to explain that without any troubles.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Yakk
2010-07-19, 09:34 AM
You can have the non-augmentable version of an augmentable power (half-elf dilettante, or humans in some cases). In that case, I don't know if the keyword goes away -- but if an augmentable power is augmentable, you'll have copies of the power with "augment 1" added to them somewhere that represent what it looks like when you spend 1 power point.