PDA

View Full Version : Character concept

freebiewitz
2010-07-19, 10:11 AM
Well I have a character I'm making for a new dnd 3.5 campaign, everyones playing level 1 etc.

Anyhow I'm playing a sentient construct (Dm just used warforged rules, slightly tweaked.) And well he's based on crafting.

The warforged I am using was found 50yrs before the start of the campaign, was reanimated and began helping the village out. Said warforged was pretty old and it was practically falling apart. Most of said parts were made of adamantine.

My character then sold the adamantine and made an orphanage as it saw this to be the most efficent way to spend the money due to the amount of parents dying in one of the nearby forests. My character is a hunter (Meat for money and children.) A builder (Repairs carts and builds buildings) and is seen as a immature kids toy by the children who out grow him, a big awesome help by most of the villages and a scary war machine by the more paranoid villagers.

He has the following craft skills.

Blacksmith
Carpetenty.
Leather
Trapsmith
Fletching
Alchemy
Cooking

Here are the following reasons for said skills.

Blacksmith so he repair tools and make them (Farming village with hunting grounds)
Carpentry for repairing buildings and making puppets and toys for children.
Leather for skinning animals etc
Trapsmith for hunting animals
Fletching for his bow for hunting.
Alchemy to create ointments and non magical potions to heal people.
Cooking so he can feed the children.

Anyhow what I would like to know is what prestige class should I put him in?
This campaign should only go up to level 10 or so btw.

I've considered Combat trapsmith and Reforged but is there anything based on creating items/crafting? Keep in mind this is a very RP heavy game so I'll have to justify his prestige class. The trapsmith and reforged ideas are fine with the DM, he says they seem like natural progression in this case.

Optimystik
2010-07-19, 10:25 AM
Artificers are built around... well, building, and suit Warforged quite well. You'll also have plenty of Int and skill points to fill out your crafting skills.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/moe_gallery/91474.jpg

Vizzerdrix
2010-07-19, 10:54 AM
I only know one PrC that is based around crafting non magical items. In Magic of Faerun you'll find the Gnome (Lantan) Artificer. They make devices that mimic spells.

Dragonmech or Iron Heroes may also have something more fitting.

freebiewitz
2010-07-19, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure if Artificer will work, I'll ask the DM but in this setting the elves are the ones who built the warforged to fight fey and such as a desperation move. Elves and warforged got their asses handed to them so not many people would have Craft (Construct).

Like I said I'd have to justify how my character became an artificer.