PDA

View Full Version : TMNS [d20 modern]

pffh
2010-07-19, 11:56 AM
You've finally arrived at the base, if you can call it that. Two barracks, a training ground and a few hundred meters of chain link fence separating you from the endless forest around the camp. You and around 30 other kids have been traveling for over a week for this. Even the bus driver and the other soldiers left as soon as you got out of the bus.

A man exits one of the barracks. As he walks towards you he lights a cigar.
"Well what do we have here? So yer the bunch of freaks I'm supposed to train.
He stops in front of Aki
"What are you then? Isn't your kind to busy invading in the south to be training.."

He doesn't manage to finish his sentence as a bullet splits his head open. You can hear more shots coming from the woods around you. Several kids around you drop dead and the rest try to run for cover.

Storm Bringer
2010-07-19, 02:34 PM
form amoungst the crowd, Cyrus Lucas Gardener, aka 'LG', burst at a dead run, aiming strait for a slit trench in the assault course. His sandled feet pounded as he threw himself head-first into the trench. half a second later, the air was forced form his body as somebody else landed in the trench, followed by a third person. LG stuggled to one end of the trench, and turned around to see who else was here. He didn't recognise either of them.

The central man risked a peek over the top of the trench.
"thier in the trees.......can't pin down where, thoigh. Maybe we ca..." whatever he was planning was cut short as the top of his head was taken off by a heavy calibre round, spraying the back of the tench with a thin red mist. The body slumped into the trench again, jerking slightly.

cryus looked at the corpse, then at the third person in the trench."Well, now." he began, his accent sounding vuagly north birtish, "I'm awefuly sorry, but i can@t remember you name. I'm LG.". He pulled his knife form his belt (the only bloody equipment he had, dammit! His webbing, his CBRN suit, his spare clothes, all were on a 2 1/2 ton truck, about 6 hours behind them, assuming it wasn't a burning wreck already.....)

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-19, 04:16 PM
As your eyes shift from the corpse to the other occupent of the trench you realize you were lucky to only have had the air knocked out of you, rather than a lung. You can tell that the man crouching before you must be well over seven feet tall, and he's obviously quive massive with musculature. The mountainous man shifts his weight some and brings out his own rather large knife. Reaching out with his other hand he grabs the dead man by the belt and lifts him out of the trench, plopping the body down on the edge of the ground in front of himself, thereby improving his cover by a few precious inches. Name's Lex. You might expect a man of his size to have a bit of a drawl, or to be a slow speaker, but to the contrary Lex speaks in a controlled and intellegent manner, though he tends to clip the ends of his words a bit, as if impatient with the length of the syllables. I see we both have knives. Any ideas on how to use them effectively against an unknown number of assailents armed with firearms?

russdm
2010-07-19, 05:17 PM
Aki runs and tumbles into the trench beside Lex. She speaks softly, "I could try sneaking over to one and knocking them out of the fight and taking their weapon. I am really good at doing that." She says, speaking with a slight japanese accent.

RandomLunatic
2010-07-20, 01:18 PM
Another of the trench's unhappy and scared occupants, resmebling nothing so much as an anthropomorphic lizard, spoke up. "We'll need sssome ssort of cover," she said with a sibilant hissed that masked whatever accent she may have once had, "Or we'll be ssshot to peicccesss the moment we go over the top. Anybody bring a sssmoke grenade?"

russdm
2010-07-20, 03:25 PM
Aki shrugs. "No, I don't have one. I can produce smoke though." She says.

Storm Bringer
2010-07-20, 03:29 PM
"No chance, mate. All i have is these cloths and this Knife. We might be able to get somthing form this base, if the armoury and ammo dumps are sited here. But, your right, we need a better site." LG was thinking hard. he risked a glance over the top, trying to guage the landscape.

action

Spot check: additional cover within one turns movment, and, if i get lucky, wether thier are any signs of weaponry or ammuntion being stored on the camo [roll0]

pffh
2010-07-20, 03:50 PM
The ground has several obstacles such as barrels, wooden planks and barbed wire tracks covered with camouflage that lead all the way up to one of the barracks.

On the other end of the grounds is a makeshift firing range, but no weapons are visible.

Storm Bringer
2010-07-20, 04:03 PM
"okay, I want you to pop smoke in.... that direction" LG said, giving a choppy hand signals as he explained.

"when that is up, we are gonna leg it, though the smoke, towards the barracks blocks just beyond the smoke. when we get into them, bloody ranksack the place and find something useful. Food, water, cam gear, maos, whatever. Then we try and get over the perimiter fence and Foxtrot Oscar before they surround the place. Unless anyone has a better idea?"

RandomLunatic
2010-07-20, 06:48 PM
"I do," Liz hissed. "A third of usss leg it. The ressst find a hiding ssspot sssomewhere on the obssstacle courssse. When the enemiesss move in to chassse, we jump them, and kill them all." She drew her knife and gripped it tightly. "Take thier gunsss, kill the resst."

russdm
2010-07-20, 09:49 PM
Aki whispers, "I can create a cloud of darkness around me. It is enough to blind people. We could use that to find somewhere better to hide where we could lure our attackers." She suggests.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-21, 11:52 AM
Looking from the lizard thing to the enemy Aki and back with a facial expression not unlike the one one gets with constipation Lex sais, As little as I like saying it, so far I'm with the talking iguana... I like the plan that has me killing these bastards.

Krennel
2010-07-21, 03:55 PM
Micheal looks around calmly. He really doesn't care what the lizard seems to be saying, though the bird, iguana combination crawling up his back seems to. It looks intently at Liz, though it can't blink, so there isn't much else The dragonet could do.
Micheal stand up, spreading his gaze into the trees. Something about him is terrifying, and he waits for the sounds of foot steps as men run away from him.
It's what happened in Santiago, so why shouldn't it happen here?
His fingers tighten on his bow, his freehand already beginning to cast a spell, which one he hasn't decided.
Abruptly he draws an arrow from the holster at his hip and knock it to the bow. And then he waits for a response.
Using his frightful presence feat, No Idea of the dc, kinda away from my books, and drawing his bow and one of his 12 arrows.

RandomLunatic
2010-07-21, 04:28 PM
"I'm not an iguana!" Liz snapped at the big man. "I'm... I wasss... I usssed to..." A burst of fire ripped through the air near her head and tore muddy divots out of the trench wall that splattered on her. The event seemed to restore her focus and coherence. "My name'sss Elizzzabeth, but mosst jussst get cute and call me 'Liz'.

"But asss long asss we have sssome kind of agreement, who wantsss to ssstay and who wantsss to go? I'll remain behind for the ambusssh."

Storm Bringer
2010-07-21, 11:57 PM
"well, luv. you can stay if you like. I'm going." with that, cyrus svrambled out of the tench, ran for the outer fence and threw himself up and over it.

actionL move to the fence and attempt tp climb it
[roll0]

if i still have move left over after climbing the fence, then i want to move straight out into the woods.

pffh
2010-07-22, 02:37 PM
The rest of you suddenly see two of the few people in the trench stand up, one of them runs to the fence, easily climbing over it and diving into the forest. The other draws an arrow while a bullet just misses his right ear.

Krennel
2010-07-22, 04:50 PM
It was kind of like his trip to Rio. Everyone is gun crazy, and the Gringo is the target. except here they wanted him for his body, not his perceived wallet.
Bow in hand he climbs out of the trench, carefully jogging toward the fence. He isn't going to climb it, not yet anyways.
His eyes go over the treeline carefully, looking for any sign of the enemy. His jacket, hot and restrictive to him, slides off as he runs. Underneath is what Americans would call a "wife beater". It's sleeveless and green, with a large v down the neck and back. Those in front and behind him can see small scales on these recently uncovered areas.
Spot check [roll0]
If anybody tries to attack him, and are within range of a sleep spell, he will hit them with it. Otherwise he will continue to the fence.

russdm
2010-07-22, 05:17 PM
Aki will run over to the fence and use her leaper mutation to jump over and run into the forest area to hide from the shooters.

Edit: (Will activate force barrier, as well. Forgot i had it)

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-22, 06:38 PM
Iguana, chameleon, gecko, whatever. I'm bored. And with that Lex stands and runs toward the gunfire, leaping the fence and barreling into the bushes.

Actions:
Free: Activate Force Barrier to gain DR 3/-.
Move:Run toward the gunfire, [roll0] the fence.

Stats:
Defense: 15
HP: 59/59
Force Barrier: 2/3
Adrenaline Jolt: 1/1
Ongoing Effects: DR 3/- for 5 rounds

RandomLunatic
2010-07-22, 10:18 PM
"No, not-" but he was gone. Liz sheated her knife and went over the top, running along behind Lex to let the big lug take all the bullets. She jumped up on the fence, climbed it, dropped down the far side, and ran into the woods.

Double-Moving into the woods.
[roll0] if needed.

Storm Bringer
2010-07-23, 12:25 AM
Cyris entered the treeline with a huge sigh of relief. behind him, he heard several others emulating his move and scaling the fence.

knife in hand, cyrus started to move carefully towards the direction of the gunfire, taking care to try and hide.

action, sneak southward, towards the shooters. will stop as soon as i see them
move silently [roll0]
Hide [roll]1d20+8{/roll]

Krennel
2010-07-23, 12:14 PM
Confident his new compatriots are away, Micheal climbs the fence, lending aid first to any who have not crossed it. "Vamanos amigos. Neccesisito ir al director de la militaria." He chatters quickly as he does so.
climb [roll0] Use it for aid another if Somebody needs help.

pffh
2010-07-23, 02:36 PM
Alexander brushes against the fence as he runs into the woods knocking it down on top of Liz as she attempts to climb over it.
As Cyris moves towards where the gunfire came from he suddenly sees two men dressed in camo gear wrestling over a rifle.

RandomLunatic
2010-07-23, 07:05 PM
Liz cursed and pushed the fence off her, then ran for the protection of the woods. She started working her wya through the underbrush towards the sounds of gunfire, trying to sneak up on the shooter without detection.

Move to stand, move to GTFO.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-24, 12:52 PM
Looking over his sholder as he heads into the trees Lex notices that he didn't quite clear the fence as he'd expected. Sorry 'bout that Iggy, he sais as he continues into the forrest, attempting to belie his massive frame in the cover.

Once into the trees Lex will try to find the shooter(s) and sneak up behind them. To be used as/if needed:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

pffh
2010-07-24, 02:46 PM
As Lex's huge form suddenly appears behind Cyris the men look at you and run.

Storm Bringer
2010-07-25, 05:45 AM
Cyrus cursed as Lex caught the attackers attention. as they broke and ran, he sprinted after them, knife in hand.

action

I will run towards the two fleeing gunmen as fast as i can. If i catch up with them, I will attempt to stab the one carrying the gun.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Krennel
2010-07-25, 01:32 PM
Seeing the rest of the group off, Micheal edges into the forest. He isn't hiding, but he isn't making himself known. His bow is draw and ready should somebody decide to follow.
Then he notices the two fighting over a rifle, and the shooters attacking his comrades. He puts an arrow in the nearest, not bothering to take his time to aim.
attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]