PDA

View Full Version : Does this kobold trick work?

Matamane
2010-07-19, 04:18 PM
I was looking around some boards and came across a

Dragonborn Whitespawn Dragonwrought Loredrake Kobold.

This stuck out to me, and I wanted to know if it indeed does work, and if so, how does it interact with dragonwrought aging, as well as what the resultant type would be.

Keld Denar
2010-07-19, 05:42 PM
The result would be an ECL 2 character that casts as a 4th level sorcerer. Also, since you are "old" or older on the age chart, you qualify for [Epic] feats despite not being 21+st level, although you'll have a VERY hard time qualifying for most of the ones that are even any good due to skill point, BAB, or other similar restrictions. Still, you can get the stat booster feats.

Matamane
2010-07-19, 05:58 PM
What would his type be at the end of things?

The Glyphstone
2010-07-19, 05:59 PM
Dragon, I believe.

Critical
2010-07-19, 05:59 PM
What would his type be at the end of things?
Monstrous Humanoid, due to White Dragonspawn template, though Dragon at first.

JaronK
2010-07-19, 06:00 PM
I was looking around some boards and came across a

Dragonborn Whitespawn Dragonwrought Loredrake Kobold.

Dragonborn would cancel out White Dragonspawn. So, bad plan there. White Dragonspawn Dragonwrought Kobold with Loredrake works, though. But I'm not sure the LA is worth it.

JaronK

Keld Denar
2010-07-19, 06:00 PM
Yes, Dragon.

Unless you went and did something really silly, like become a Necropolitan. Then you'd stop being a Dragon and start being an Undead, since Undead trumps Dragon in the type pyramid in Savage Species. Thats a whole new ball game there though...

Matamane
2010-07-19, 06:03 PM
So I would indeed remain a dragon.

Wouldn't the ritual overide the feat though, or would the feat keep me as a dragon?

CubeB
2010-07-19, 07:20 PM
You'd remain a Dragon if you became Dragonborn (You retain your old type. You just get the Dragonblooded type added on.)

But you'd lose all of the benefits of being a Dragonspawn.

Unless you became a Dragonborn /before/ becoming a Dragonspawn. I believe Dragonspawn is applied, rather than inherited.

Matamane
2010-07-19, 07:32 PM
That makes sense

One more thing...Would a Riddle Pychosis Dragonspawn sorcerer casting be int based?

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-19, 07:35 PM
That makes sense

One more thing...Would a Riddle Pychosis Dragonspawn sorcerer casting be int based?

Yup. (Assuming I'm not mixing it up for Spell-hoarding again.)

Edit: Templates are applied before feats during Character creation and generally everything is applied in an order that is most convient to the player by RAW.

Matamane
2010-07-19, 07:37 PM
would spellhoarding have that affect as well, what if it later takes more sorcerer levels.

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-19, 07:38 PM
would spellhoarding have that affect as well, what if it later takes more sorcerer levels.

Well, that's the curious thing.

Spell-hoarding turns your natural Sorc casting into Wizard casting.

Matamane
2010-07-19, 07:40 PM
riddle makes it int based, but because it actually gives a sorc level, is all my sorc casting int based, even if I take a level of Sorcerer later on?

It would be something picked up eventually, due to a trauma.

The character itself is a

Venerable Whitespawn Dragonwrought Loredrake Kobold