Level: Brd , Sor/Wiz 
Components: V
Casting Time:  full-round action
Range: Touch
Target: Personal
Duration: One minute
Saving Th row: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
You can teleport 10 ft., plus 5 ft. per two levels.
You do not need line of sight to your destination,
but you cannot teleport to any location if there is
a physical barrier between you and it, so you could
not teleport through a window, through prison bars,
or past a door, but you could teleport across a chasm,
through fog, around a corner, or up a cliff . If your intended
destination is occupied, you do not teleport.

Could you clarify how this works. I got tripped up on the Duration of one min. So can you teleport each round? It doesn't say One minute untill discharged which is why I ask. If it is once a round what kind of action is it?
___

arguskos
2010-07-19, 07:25 PM
Uh, what's the source on this spell? That'd probably be helpful, so we can check the exact text and see if it's at all useful, or hit up errata for it, if any exists.

Khellendross
2010-07-19, 07:27 PM
War of the Burning Sky players handbook.

arguskos
2010-07-19, 07:32 PM
War of the Burning Sky players handbook.
...well damn. Don't have that one. Uh... so, errata is right out, and if that's the entire text, it's not super useful.

I'd roll with the sensible reading that you can do this teleport 1/round as a standard action (for anything that doesn't specify an action but clearly takes one is defaulted to standard; that rule is somewhere or other), for the entire duration of the effect. There's a similar, if better worded, spell in Spell Compendium called Dimension Door, Greater. I liked the old version from Magic of Faerun called Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt better (nicer name).

Khellendross
2010-07-19, 07:33 PM
I wasn't sure. I'm hoping to get into a play by post of this so wanted to know how it works cause I might take it as a spell.

arguskos
2010-07-19, 07:35 PM
I wasn't sure. I'm hoping to get into a play by post of this so wanted to know how it works cause I might take it as a spell.
I'd just grab Greater Dim Door. Same effect, better explained, in a common source. Just my 2cp though.

DragoonWraith
2010-07-19, 09:58 PM
To be fair, the game for which he wants to use this is playing through the War of the Burning Torch campaign.

Anyway, my copy... doesn't say that:

Wayfarer’s Step
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Target: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
One time during the spell’s duration, the creature touched can teleport as a move action. He can teleport a distance of up to 10 ft., plus 5 ft./level.

And holy crap, that spell is valid for use with an Eldritch Tapestry. As is, it's pretty solid, but doing that to your entire party at once? Awesome.

Khellendross
2010-07-20, 08:35 AM
To be fair, the game for which he wants to use this is playing through the War of the Burning Torch campaign.

Anyway, my copy... doesn't say that:

Wayfarer’s Step
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Target: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
One time during the spell’s duration, the creature touched can teleport as a move action. He can teleport a distance of up to 10 ft., plus 5 ft./level.

And holy crap, that spell is valid for use with an Eldritch Tapestry. As is, it's pretty solid, but doing that to your entire party at once? Awesome.

That's crazy that your copy had diff text than mine...seems like a soild first level spell