PDA

View Full Version : crazy D&D moments

crazywolf
2010-07-19, 08:44 PM
we've all had them and i'd like to know what was a crazy or funny moment in d&d or any other rpg when a player did something funny or when a weasil jumped out of a barrel and maled the clerics face off, etc

i think a good one was when we we ambushed by knolls and are wizard got splaterd we used his corpse to defuse a lighting trap in the next room :smallamused:

or when my barbarion triggered a fire trap that hit everyone exept the halfling
barbarion: oooh a swich
*Whhoooshs*
after that i was the official trap triggerer :smallsigh:
well what stories does the play ground have?

gallagher
2010-07-19, 08:52 PM
we had a rogue with a cowboy complex. he had a problem with spouting off Woody quotes from toy story. it also just so happens that i kept summoning snakes and puting them in his boots

The Rabbler
2010-07-19, 08:54 PM
snip

Oh the errors...

My group's craziest moment was this time when we were thrown into a room full of templated undead with a true necromancer flying around. First round: he casts Evard's Black Tentacles on all of our casters. I (being the psywar/pyro) proceeded to cut swaths through the undead and our monk (who somehow managed to escape) ran up the walls, onto the ceiling, and punched the wizard. over and over and over.

crazywolf
2010-07-19, 09:01 PM
a rogue with a cowboy complex

nice that sounds interesting did he also refernce jon wayne or was he more like clint eastwood? :smallbiggrin: also i think i should ask if he chalenged the bad guys to duels? but anway thats awseume

Yukitsu
2010-07-19, 09:06 PM
I have a lot of zany moments... The craziest is probably the dungeon we built.

We were supposed to find a set of 6 magic items that were useless apart, but gave godlike powers together. We had 2 of them, and were supposed to find the other 4. Instead, we made a dungeon that had our 2, since we knew everyone else who had one was in a mad scramble to get the others. By the end of the campaign, the dungeon had a reputation as the most deadly having had traps contributed to it by 2 dieties, a master craftsman, and the settings most powerful archwizard. Since we don't have the artifacts anymore, the final room is filled with potatoes. People still go in, as they are convinced it must be guarding something important.

Edit:

Ooh ooh, and the other time my character walked back onto his home, only to see dozens of stoned people riding around on flying space crocodiles.

Or that time my male character impregnated himself with his female living staff due to a bad miscommunication problem.

Or that debate the diviner's guild had, which consisted of entirely of a recap and discussion of a debate that never happened, using all the wrong tenses.

Or that time my DM tried to introduce "metal gear" into the fantasy style campaign setting.

Or that time the player character coven of necromancers made the giant plot controlled skeleton in a bizarre ritual. Despite being overwhelmingly evil, the only order it was given, was to guard a chaotic good god at all costs.

Despite how it sounds, the events leading to my signature were pretty much par for the course.

crazywolf
2010-07-19, 09:13 PM
well its not really funny but is crazy

today i met my thired player to make his charecter and i just got complete warrior and adventurer well he wanted to be a ninja

his name is "masterio" McLovin and is the only non evil member of the group
who duel weilds sais and likes to crack jokes while fighting he also for some reason has all white eyes but he is defintly a great charecter

crazywolf
2010-07-19, 09:37 PM
Or that time my male character impregnated himself with his female living staff due to a bad miscommunication problem.

yeah howed that one work out for you? and that sounds like a preaty bad communication problem

Criptfeind
2010-07-19, 09:49 PM
Alright so my party was traveling from some city to a town that was destroyed by some demons right? Well obviously I need a a random encounter before they get there. Now being the stringy bastards that they were they were surviving entirely on on survival checks. I had no idea what they should find in the ecosystem they were in so I had they just gather a TON of groundhogs every day. After five days or so I sprung the random encounter... a GIANT groundhog sprung out of the ground followed by thousands of groundhogs. Que running battle with them trying to stop the giant groundhog from destroying their wagon as they rode full speed away with a ocean of groundhogs chasing them.

AsteriskAmp
2010-07-19, 09:53 PM
The Chaotic Evil bard bringing a Harpischord to a battle, on top of a wooden plank, carried by four fleshrakers, four ZOMBIE fleshrakers, surrounded by an undead army, marching into battle, against ahuman army, with a significant number of paladins, all while playing Billy Joel's "Piano Man", inspiring the undead surrounding him. They won.

Another Campaign
The Orc, a rougue, with 18 in dexterity, his dream was becoming a ballet dancer, wore a pink tutu at all times, his jump skill was always maxed, aswell as tumble. The party reaches a chasm, i expected them to slowly descent, and enter a dungeons that went like a sort of spiral staircase of rooms, the orcs anounces he would like to jump the chasm, it had roughly 60 feet in between, esentially imposible at their level, but I felt benevolent, and he had been role-playing the character and his dreams, to an incredible level, so I told him that if he rolled a 20 he could reach the other side, he grabbed a rope and made the jump, the bridge that was later made on that chasm, took his name.

gallagher
2010-07-19, 10:03 PM
nice that sounds interesting did he also refernce jon wayne or was he more like clint eastwood? :smallbiggrin: also i think i should ask if he chalenged the bad guys to duels? but anway thats awseumekinda clint eastwoody, but mostly too cartooney. he tried to do stunts that only work in cartoons, and it worked ALOT

X2
2010-07-19, 10:05 PM
We were fighting a large group of Undead. Little did we know that they were being magically controlled by a nearby totem pole which we didn't pay any mind to when we entered the room. I (the Fighter) got the highest initiative so went first, obviously I attacked.

DM: Hah! Natural 1. You swing your sword with too much gusto, and it goes flying out of your hands.
Me: Damn...
Rogue: Which direction does it go?
DM: What's that?
Rogue: If it flew out of his hands surely theres a chance it'll hit something in this crowded room.
DM: Uhh... I guess... But that means he might hit one of you guys.
Me: I'm fine with that.
DM: *rolls dice* *mumbles under his breath* I don't believe it...
Me: What?
DM: The sword goes flying out of your hands, it spins over the heads of most of the undead and flies to the far side of the room. With a mighty crash it collides with the totem pole knocking it over. Suddenly all the skeletons stop attacking. They are silent for a moment, they just look around at each other. But soon they start to violently shake and all at once they collapse into a pile of bones. Same of you found them.
Cleric: ...what just happened?
Me: Did-Did we win?
Rogue: Easiest, encounter, ever.

king korath
2010-07-19, 10:13 PM
We had a party self-destruct where the druid was attacking the rest of the party. The druid used wild shape and natural spell to rain fire upon the party. We were lacking in ranged firepower, so we went to the tavern that was being used by the town guard and convinced 30 or npcs to shoot down the "evil bird". At the end of the first round all the druid had close to negative 30 hp.

Yukitsu
2010-07-19, 10:16 PM
yeah howed that one work out for you? and that sounds like a preaty bad communication problem

Pretty well actually. I got what I wanted, the person I was dealing with technically got what they wanted, and it was beneficial all around way later on in the time line. Uncomfortable in more ways than one though.

zakkain
2010-07-19, 10:39 PM
Just tonight I ran through a burning room to rescue an unconscious NPC. Then as my party doused the flames, I ran and jumped over 10ft of fire to get out of the room. As we were having trouble containing the last of the fire (3 squares), I tackled the 7-foot-tall barbarian and stop-drop-and-rolled with him to put out the remainder of the blaze.

Badass.

Fenryr
2010-07-20, 01:42 AM
While playing Grasp of the Emerald Claw (Eberron) my human Fighter, who was former soldier, had to dance with a female Shifter Barbarian a lil' bit taller than him (party companion). Both using elegant clothes and trying to look good in a high society party.

DM made us roll.

Every time the number was below 5 and the DM was laughin' too much. He even explained that we did the Mr. Roboto dance and some popular dances. At the end, a natural 20 appeared and he told me "Congratulations, now you have the skill Perform: Dance with 1 point".

Karuth
2010-07-20, 02:55 AM
I have a small group (consisting of only 2 players, with both being rogues) where there are a lot of funny moments. My rogue character "Carl" is more a brute (Dwarf with high Con and Str) while my partner "Garret" is more a typical rogue (Halfling with high Dex).
______

We have been exploring a trap infested dungeon and traps really where around every corner (that's why two Rogues had been hired for this job after all).

Carl drops into a room with dozens stone dragon heads covering the walls.
GM: "The whole room is very hot. The mouth of the heads glow red. Make a Reflex save."
Carl: Saves "Close call."
GM: "They mouths are heating up again."
Carl: "I run into the next room."
The room is filled with dozens of Shrieker fungi. They shoot their pollen ito the air and scream. Carl is deaf.
Carl: "I'll make em pay for this. I use my oil can to make a trail from the fire room to the fungi. And then let it ignite it by the dragon heads."
GM: "It works perfectly. The flames are racing towards the fungi into the pollen filled room. Make an int check. Okay. You remember back in your young days as a miner those dangerous situations when dust was in the air and you always hat to use protected light sources.
Carl: "Um... I save myself by diving into the room with the dragon heads."
GM: "You narrowly dogde the explosion of the fungi pollen, but the blast carries you into the middle of the fire room."
Carl: *sigh* "I run back into the room with the burning fungi." *dodges several fire blasts*
_______

We are trying to enter the house of a local baron to steal some valuables. Garret (being better at stealthy stuff is going inside alone, while Carl waits outside to warn him).

GM:While you search through the room you hear someone comming.
Garret: "I hide under the bed!"
GM: "The baron enters the room. He seems jolly. Suddenly the bookcase in the wall opens and a maid enters. She is wearing... not much. The two jump into the bed and start the usual stuff. Mattress is soft and gives in a lot. You are squeezed between the ground and the baron with his maid."
Garret: "Crap."
GM: "You see a hand reaching under the bed, it is searching for something."
Garret: "I look around what he could be looking for."
GM: "Make a Perception check. Ah. You see a box of condoms."
Garret: "I push the box in hand..."
... 10 minutes later ...
GM: "The maid vanishes back to her room through the secret door. Tired the baron falls asleep."
Garret: "Finally. I crawl out from under the bed. Is the box with the condoms still there?"
GM: "Yes."
Garret: "I punch tiny holes into every single one." *laughs evilly.*
GM: "Ooookay."

panaikhan
2010-07-20, 07:45 AM
Lets see....

There was a situation once where the party's thief attempted a backstab against a dragon, in mid-air.
The wizard polymorphed into a large bird and carried the invisible thief above the dragon, whereupon the thief lept off, blades in hand, at the dragon.
He missed, spectacularly. After a round of brushing himself off, he quaffed a healing postion, readied his invisibility ring, and called the wizard back for another try...

Chanmanm8
2010-07-20, 01:44 PM
So many fun moments in one of the old low epic campaigns I was in.

1. Don't remember all exact spells, circumstances, etc that allowed situation so I might say a wrong spell or ability, but result was as summarized below: DM started describing what we saw from an upper entrance far away...then by his mistake described the sides and bottom cover in "thousands of skeletons and corpses from making illithads and failed thralls".
Me and the necromancer player in the group looked at each and started laughing. DM goes "-_-.....what do you guys have planned....aw crap".

City was in an epic "mythal" (Faerun epic ward of sorts for you non-Forgotten realm players). Basically, antimagic field over an entire city ruled by low epic aberrations and an elder brain. Psionics are different variant was applied, so they're psionic powers worked while powers that were arcane/divine would be nullified according to antimagic (so called creatures can enter, but summoned ones would "wink out").

Basically, through desecrate spells, general of the undead spell, undead rod from Libris Mortis I believe, and 9th level Plague of Undead spell with Enlarge metamagic via scroll, controlled ridiculous amount of undead EACH.

"Defense against the underdark 101: what happens when you mix lots of undead against aberrations?"
-Able to enter the mythal since created and called (not summoned) outside the city mythal
-Undead traits, including immune to mind affecting effects (haha)
-Plague of undead spell creates undead at max hit points and controlled indefinitely
-Normally, # of undead able to control at most = 4x Caster level. Necromancer had constant desecrate aura through means = double. Rod of the undead thing from libris mortis = double. And the 3.0 version of General of Undeath (8th level) = extra 10x hitdice of undead (Magic of Faerun). CL was 25 via items raising caster level. Number of undead able to control (each) 25* 4(norm) *2(desecrate) *2(rod)+ 25*10(8th level spell) = 4,000 HD of undead...for each of us. 650 HD of undead each. The other necromancer used other spells to summon that don't count under the HD limitation. So, most with maximized hitdice.

Called undead via gate and whatnot easily created more undead via the dumb and weak human thralls that were the first few waves.

The dead bodies were described as a continuous heap that circled the city in thousands of bodies. With the plague undead spell working on "all bodies in the are" and it was enlarged on scroll so 50ft+5*25=175 foot radius, used it to raise as much as possible.

THEN: some of the undead additionally "called" via gate spell I think that *can* spawn undead made more undead when they "flew through the weak and insignificant" human thralls who the first line of defense in the city.

Overran all the illithids he planned for us in the city, including some the Ulitharid illithids. Elder brain ended up still being a problem (and the BBEG) of that area, but due to sending undead in waves against him, we had him use up as much of his powerpoints as possible.

Again, I don't remember the exact details as it was 6 years ago, but what happened above the basic idea. Totally overran them.

2. My caster was being flavored (this was an earlier point below level 20) with some ice caster feats from frostburn (not optimal build, but more roleplay flavor, which awarded extra gained abilities / events / and exp from DM).

Took a bunch of feats that allowed me to increase CL (as the terrain we were involved in was an extreme winter region anyhow). ONE of the earlier BBEG fights involved tracking a lost weapon (which ended up being an evil artifact for plot) in the hands of a White Dragon, who owned some frost giants.

We scouted the room before entering and found they were much higher than expected for our level, and this was the encounter just before the dragon's room. I had found a scroll with planar ally, greater ( I was a MT...I know it's a sucky class but build was planned for 30 level cap including the true necro prc).

Anyhow, summoned a Planetar by raising my caster level enough to be able to even use the scroll and ended up turning the contract so that even though the angel would require use to serve in the fight of the celestials later, his part of the deal was worded so he had to protect us and that the contract would be null if anyone in the party died = planetar bodyguard until we did his mission. He ended up getting killed trying to save us as in the deal during a later BBEG fight. Had placed protection from good on the evil necromancer in party and kept him protected in the deal, as the majority of the party was good (me neutral) and working on saving the reality from an Elder Evil threatening all good and evil gods.

But before that, basically ended up having insta port into areas to uphold his part of the bargain in fights we struggled in where DM did a bit of overkill on encounter CR.

Yes, lots of ridiculous cheese was used throughout this messed up campaign, but DM allowed it and threw it back at party as well. No one did anything Pun Pun -esque so group had fun for about 2 years.