PDA

View Full Version : Low-LA "evil" templates

Cheesy74
2010-07-20, 12:07 AM
Through a random quirk in the explosion of a staff of the magi (followed by a deus ex machina of a gate), my party has been teleported to Avernus, the first level of Baator. Minus, of course, my utterly destroyed character. I'm looking for a low-LA template that has the flavor of "hellish" or "evil" but can be applied to a standard humanoid race for this new character. So far, the only one I'm aware of is Fiendish, which I hope to only use if no other options present themselves.

The character this will be for is a bow rogue. I'm not interested in min/maxing it all that much. This is a level 12 campaign. The DM allows LA buyoff.

Keld Denar
2010-07-20, 12:09 AM
Lolth-Touched is probably one of the strongest +1 LA templates printed, and given that Lolth is the DEMON queen of spiders. Its in the MMIV, IIRC.

mobdrazhar
2010-07-20, 12:19 AM
instead of using a Template why not use the Hellbred race?

Darth Stabber
2010-07-20, 12:19 AM
The shadow template in Underdark is not explicitly evil, but could serve the purpose.

Cheesy74
2010-07-20, 12:20 AM
What book can I find that in and what power/cheese level is it?

EDIT: semiswordsage'd, that was directed at mobdrazhar.

mobdrazhar
2010-07-20, 12:34 AM
It's in Fiendish Codex II

i'm not a good person to ask about power lvls but i've found them a useful race. They either give, your choice, +2 con -2 cha with bonus feats or +2 cha and -2 con with darkvision, turning into bindsight. The fav class is Paladin and can take lvls in something other than Paladin and then go back to it. They can also be good and wield Evil weapons without alignment change (with mild restrictions)