PDA

View Full Version : Help with some cool dungeon areas and encounters

Grifthin
2010-07-20, 04:37 AM
Hi all, I've been running a campaign - the players are currently all level 5-6, It's gestalt 3.5. They are working for mephistopheles (one character sold their soul already and they are currently engaged in killing off Asmodeus's Priests in the various cities that have sprung up around Carceri.

They have to Assassinate 4 groups of priests. They have fought and killed the first group (in city, recon when awry and they had to turn temple into a bloodbath), Second (cave/dungeony type place) where the where ambushed and negotiations went awry because of trigger happy sorceror in party.

They have 2 area's left to go to - where can I send them for some truely memorable fights ? I want something cool - what would a fleeing group of clerics use to defend themselves or where would they flee too ?

Vitruviansquid
2010-07-20, 05:00 AM
If I know actions movies...

1. Have an encounter during a high-speed chase. Put it on the fastest, most exotic form of transportation available in your setting, or consider chariots, a stage coach, or some kind of large, fast moving beast.

2. On top of an under-construction building of epic proportions. Cathedral, castle keep, and that sort of stuff.

3. In the midst of some kind of stronger third party that would kill both the players and the priests if it realized they were there.

Lord Loss
2010-07-20, 05:09 AM
My upcoming adventure features the PCs chasing an assasin through some alleyways only to have him leap into a mirror at the end of it,dissapearing.

For your campaign, let there be X priests left, where X is the number of PCs and make them run in opposite directions, making an awesome chase.

Grifthin
2010-07-20, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback - is there anything else you guys can suggest ? I'm looking for something that would really provide some cool platforms for combat.

WarKitty
2010-07-20, 01:16 PM
This isn't a combat arena, but one nasty trick I've found is to give them someone that appears to be one thing and is in fact another. E.g. a wizard with a ring of spell storing who wears cleric vestments (and has cleric spells in the ring).