PDA

View Full Version : FR 3.5ish First Adventure

kkortekaas
2010-07-20, 08:39 AM
Howdy Folks,
I'm going to be up for DMing shortly in my group and I've decided to run a bastardized Forgotten Realms game using the Iron Heroes & True Sorcery systems.

I was going to run the old second edition module "Ruins of Adventure" but have since decided against it.

I've come to the community for suggestions on good modules (either 2, 3, or 3.5 editions).

Currently, "The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar" (2nd edition module) is high on my list of possible, but I wanted to see what other suggestions people would give me.

As an aside, most if not all of any magic item loot will disappear in these adventures and the amount of treasure will be scaled back. If it matters, my players will be creating PC's using a 26 point buy.

Thanks!

LansXero
2010-07-20, 12:39 PM
Id suggest Death / Terror in Freeport (3.0 / 3.5 I think). Its very low-magic, almost no loot, with lots of investigation going around :O

CapnVan
2010-07-20, 05:01 PM
The Sword of the Dales trilogy is a solid introduction to a classic part of the Realms, and begins at 1st level if that's the plan.

kkortekaas
2010-07-20, 05:48 PM
Sword of the Dales is the Randal Morn arc right? I think I've got that somewhere. Any suggestions on issues or whatever while running those modules?

Where can I find this Freeport?

herrhauptmann
2010-07-20, 10:32 PM
Something's Cooking in the Kitchen, Burning Plague, Dark and stormy knight are all generic modules, but could be strung together somehow into a mini campaign somehow. Just intersperse a few things from Faerun itself.
They're all also very easy adventures to run, and to play as first time players. Burning plague might be the most difficult because your characters will likely get sick.

CapnVan
2010-07-21, 04:55 AM
Sword of the Dales is the Randal Morn arc right? I think I've got that somewhere. Any suggestions on issues or whatever while running those modules?

Where can I find this Freeport?

Freeport is published by Green Ronin. It's not FR, but I have heard positive things about it, particularly if you're into the Lovecraftian aspect.

I can't think of any immediate problems with the Sword of the Dales/Randal Morn modules, except, obviously the conversion. They're not brilliant, I'd freely admit, but for an intro to the Realms, they're solid and diverting.

You can also find all sorts of Realms PDFs available on the Wizards site. It's all material they've released for free from 1E & 2E. Not terribly surprisingly, I'm having difficulty reaching that page at the moment, no doubt because the Wizards site may be one of the crappiest available on the web!

A little googling should find it for you, eventually. All sorts of lore to add to the Realmsian experience there.