PDA

View Full Version : The Punisher (3.5)

Frog Dragon
2010-07-20, 09:54 AM
Punisher
This situation could turn... dire. Retrilbe Pnu, a Punisher, facing a dire bear.

Punishers believe in the power of absolutely punishing puns. Their puns are so groan-worthy that people who hear them absolutely must punish the punisher for the terrible puns. They may repeat their puns, and may be absolutely dire travelling companions, despite the power of their dire puns.

Prerequisites
Spells: Able to cast third level bard spells.
Feats: Goad
Skills: Perform: Pun (10 ranks)

HD: d6

PUNISHER
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Inspire Violence|

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3||+1 level of existing bard spellcasting

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Punishing Stance|+1 level of existing bard spellcasting

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4||+1 level of existing bard spellcasting

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Punishing Breach|+1 level of existing bard spellcasting

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5||++1 level of existing bard spellcasting

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|*Facepalm*|+1 level of existing bard spellcasting

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+6||+1 level of existing bard spellcasting

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+6|YEEAAHHH!! :smallcool:|+1 level of existing bard spellcasting

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+7|A Pune, or Play on Words|+1 level of existing bard spellcasting[/table]
Skill Points per level: 6+int.
Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Disguise, Escape Artist, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge: All skills, taken individually, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The punisher gains proficiency with all shields.

Inspire Violence (SP)
The Punisher may cause any number of creatures to be affected by the spell, Rage. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Punisher's caster level. This is language dependent but not mind affecting as the normal spell. Using this ability requires using a standard action and speaking a pun.

Punishing Stance (EX)
Punishers adopt a firm stance that puns are the best answer to most any situation. Once per encounter, they may say a pun, and gain their charisma modifier as a bonus to their next roll.

Punishing Breach (SU)
Defenses are lowered on hearing the punisher's groan worthy pun. If the punisher speaks a pun in conjunction with casting a spell or making an attack roll, the attack roll, or the roll to breach spell resistance gains a bonus equal to the punisher's charisma modifier.

*Facepalm* (EX)
The pun may make a pun as a standard action. Hearing this pun and being within 20ft of the punisher means you must make a will save or only be able to make a standard action next turn, due to being required to facepalm.

YEEAAHHH!! :smallcool: (EX)
The punisher thinks his puns are very clever. Whenever they cast a bard spell, or use a bard or punisher ability, they gain a bonus to all saves equal to their charisma bonus for one round.

A Pune, or Play on Words (SU)
A punisher's pun related abilities are no longer language dependent as the direness of their puns overtakes the dire obstacle of language. Even mindless creatures instinctively sense the punishing pun. If the punisher speaks a pun in conjunction with a bard spell or punisher ability, the ability affects creatures immune to mind affecting abilities and mindless creatures. In addition, all bard spells and abilities and punisher abilities work when silenced, as long as the punisher speaks a pun.

I apologize the lack of (good) puns and repeats. This is mainly a comedic class, as I'm sure you have noticed. Anyway, PEACH and more puns are appreciated. Discworld reference included.

Morph Bark
2010-07-20, 10:15 AM
YEEEAAAAHHHH!!

That actually was my reaction after I had read only the class name and the quote. That's when I realized what this would be. The abilities are nice and fitting to the concept too. Kudos, major major kudos. (Except Horatio Caine is a lieutenant.)

Frog Dragon
2010-07-20, 10:24 AM
I actually wasn't aware of the source of the YEEEAHH, but I had seen it in conjunction of many puns here so I thought I had a good guess at what it was about.

Morph Bark
2010-07-20, 10:35 AM
I actually wasn't aware of the source of the YEEEAHH, but I had seen it in conjunction of many puns here so I thought I had a good guess at what it was about.

Then (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeeyWvo1rNg) be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948) enlightened (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvGfQnx3DI&feature=related).

Zeta Kai
2010-07-20, 11:42 AM
Wow, this homebrew has... :smallcool: ...class.

YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!

Temotei
2010-07-20, 07:21 PM
I'm totally using this on April Fool's Day/Thanksgiving when I bring out the other humorous monsters and classes. :smallbiggrin:

I've got it; I'll use this on April Fool's Day along with the other pun-based and funny classes.

On Thanksgiving, Turkeyzilla and the Peeps are going to attack a city. :smallamused:

DaragosKitsune
2010-07-20, 09:33 PM
Some of these are so bad that the people making them need to be...:smallcool: punished.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Kuma Kode
2010-07-20, 11:01 PM
Wow, this homebrew has... :smallcool: ...class. I literally loled.