PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic in Domain Spell Slots? (D&D3.5)

Abies
2010-07-20, 11:40 AM
I've taken a look around and I can not seem to find anything regarding whether it is legal to use a Domain Spell Slot for a lower-level spell with a Metamagic attached (though I'll admit my search-fu is weak).

For example, If you have the War Domain is it legal to use your eighth level domain spell slot to prepare a Quickened Divine Power, or a seventh level slot to prepare an Empowered Flame Strike?

I'm not interested in whether is may be the most optimal choice of spell preparation, just whether it is rules legal.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-20, 11:43 AM
I've taken a look around and I can not seem to find anything regarding whether it is legal to use a Domain Spell Slot for a lower-level spell with a Metamagic attached (though I'll admit my search-fu is weak).

For example, If you have the War Domain is it legal to use your eighth level domain spell slot to prepare a Quickened Divine Power, or a seventh level slot to prepare an Empowered Flame Strike?

I'm not interested in whether is may be the most optimal choice of spell preparation, just whether it is rules legal.

It is; it's still a domain spell, just at a different level. In fact, since you can always prepare lower-level spells in higher-level slots, you could prepare a normal divine power in an 8th-level slot if you wanted to.

Ozymandias9
2010-07-20, 11:44 AM
Yes.As an aside, posts on this board have a 10 character minimum.