PDA

View Full Version : Spend my money! (Pathfinder/3.5)

WarKitty
2010-07-20, 01:11 PM
I have 414 gold left to spend. The DM said it all has to be spent prior to the adventure. I am playing a Anthro Bat Druid with a large cat companion. Pathfinder rules but any 3.5 items are allowed.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ for people who aren't familiar with pathfinder.

Here's what I have so far.

Wild Dragonhide Full plate (free due to inheritance)
Military exotic saddle (60 gold)
Saddlebags (4gp)
Breastplate Barding (400gp)
10 daggers (20gp)
Sickle (6gp)
Backpack (2gp)
4 waterproof bag (2gp)
Fishing net (4gp)
Signal horn (8gp)
Combat Scabbard (1gp)
Silent whistle (2sp)
Cooking kit (1gp)
Holly and Mistletoe
2 spell component pouch (10gp)
200ft hemp rope (4gp)
Explorer's outfit (10gp)
Col-weather outfit (8gp)
Hot Weather Outfit (8gp)
Entertainer's outfit (3gp)
Mask (1gp)
10 Trail rations (5gp)
Good wine, flask (10gp)
10 trail rations (5gp)
10 days Feed (5sp)
Harness (2gp)
10ft chain (30gp)
Cheese (1sp)
Gallon Ale (2sp)

This is for a primary caster druid here. Animal companion is probably going to be carrying most everything I don't need right away.

Milskidasith
2010-07-20, 01:27 PM
Save it up for something useful?

There's really not all that much you can do with mundane items in D&D that can't be replaced by spells, caution, or creative use of sticks and summoned animals.

WarKitty
2010-07-20, 01:28 PM
Save it up for something useful?

There's really not all that much you can do with mundane items in D&D that can't be replaced by spells, caution, or creative use of sticks and summoned animals.

Unspent money will be lost, unfortunately.

Milskidasith
2010-07-20, 01:29 PM
Then spend it on bars of gold.

Tyndmyr
2010-07-20, 01:31 PM
Any 3.5 items?

Potions of Cure Light Wounds.

Or, for the cheesy, gems. Diamonds or onyx. They sell at full price, and are handy to have around for spell components.

gallagher
2010-07-20, 01:55 PM
Any 3.5 items?

Potions of Cure Light Wounds.

Or, for the cheesy, gems. Diamonds or onyx. They sell at full price, and are handy to have around for spell components.

i would actually go for potions of faith healing. same price as CLW, but give the full amount instead of rolling the die. the only condition is that you worship the same god as the person who created the potion

WarKitty
2010-07-20, 01:58 PM
i would actually go for potions of faith healing. same price as CLW, but give the full amount instead of rolling the die. the only condition is that you worship the same god as the person who created the potion

No go there unfortunately due to backstory constraints, in this world druids tend not to believe in deities.

Edit: By houserules healing potions do average healing.

subject42
2010-07-20, 02:08 PM
Read this guy's thread and go wild. It's full of useful, yet cheap items.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101

Gorbash
2010-07-20, 02:20 PM

In case you didn't know, Druids aren't proficient with Heavy Armor.

WarKitty
2010-07-20, 02:24 PM
In case you didn't know, Druids aren't proficient with Heavy Armor.

Took the feat. The AC is worth it.

Milskidasith
2010-07-20, 02:25 PM
Took the feat. The AC is worth it.

Seeing as you should always be wildshaped, no, it is generally not. It can work, but, mechanically, a feat for heavy armor is not useful for a druid.

Caphi
2010-07-20, 02:27 PM
Seeing as you should always be wildshaped, no, it is generally not. It can work, but, mechanically, a feat for heavy armor is not useful for a druid.

No, it's not optimal, but he's already a druid. Let him have his fun.

n00b killa
2010-07-20, 02:37 PM
Cheese (1sp)

Cheese x 4.140

Do you need anithing else?

Radar
2010-07-20, 02:38 PM
Let's see...
- Caltrops (1 gp per portion)
- Flour (listed under powder, it's a cheap version of Glitterdust - at least the part about exposing invisible creatures)
- Chalk (1cp per piece)
- Candles or a helmet candle (if you are low level and can't get an all-day Light spell)
- Earplugs (3cp - for such a price even such an obscure and circumstantial item can be useful)
- Pitons and hammer to go with the rope
- Potion belt
If you will be the healer, you might want to buy a Wand of Misery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services#TOC-Wand-of-Misery) just fur the sake of it. :smallbiggrin:

A pocketed scraf might be a nice finishing touch for the character as well. :smallbiggrin:

WarKitty
2010-07-20, 02:42 PM
Let's see...
- Caltrops (1 gp per portion)
- Flour (listed under powder, it's a cheap version of Glitterdust - at least the part about exposing invisible creatures)
- Chalk (1cp per piece)
- Candles or a helmet candle (if you are low level and can't get an all-day Light spell)
- Earplugs (3cp - for such a price even such an obscure and circumstantial item can be useful)
- Pitons and hammer to go with the rope
- Potion belt
If you will be the healer, you might want to buy a Wand of Misery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services#TOC-Wand-of-Misery) just fur the sake of it. :smallbiggrin:

A pocketed scraf might be a nice finishing touch for the character as well. :smallbiggrin:

Not bad. I have racial darkvision though, hence the lack of light sources.

Are caltrops too heavy? I have a strength of 5, most of this stuff is going on my companion...but caltrops seem like the type of thing you can't dig out of a saddlebag and use.

Radar
2010-07-20, 03:19 PM
Not bad. I have racial darkvision though, hence the lack of light sources.

Are caltrops too heavy? I have a strength of 5, most of this stuff is going on my companion...but caltrops seem like the type of thing you can't dig out of a saddlebag and use.
Single bag of caltrops is 2lb and is enough for a standard 5ft by 5ft square. The good part is, that you don't need much of them since they are reusable.

Darkxarth
2010-07-20, 03:26 PM
Then spend it on bars of gold.

You win. :smallamused:

The gems/jewels suggestion was also good, but came after Milskidasith's.

Glimbur
2010-07-20, 03:35 PM

Amusingly, the drinker of a potion is both the caster and the recipient of the effect. This means that provided you worship the same god you do then you get the full effect.

Alternately, try to get a partially charged wand of CLW or lesser vigor.