PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the assassins?

Qwertystop
2010-07-20, 01:15 PM
In #242 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0242.html) the shadowdancer jumped into the shadow from the exploding inn. But in #229 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0229.html), the dwarf pointed out that there were no shadows in the comic. So without an exit point, what happened to the shadowdancer, and the dwarf if he was pulled along? This would be more contrived than the oracle's prophecy for Belkar, but the only plot-relevant answer I can think of is at some future point, there will be a large explosion near Roy. The shadowdancer will come out of Roy's shadow, think Roy is the King of Nowhere, and try to kill him. I know this is nonsense, but as they did matter to the plot slightly, it is a bit of a plot hole.

Nimrod's Son
2010-07-20, 01:20 PM
They already know Roy's not the King of Nowhere. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0535.html) Looks like they've given up on that particular job, too.

Niveus Candidus
2010-07-20, 01:25 PM
One of the more admirable qualities of Rich's writing is that he does not feel the need to bring minor characters back, or dead ones back from the grave. He averts the comic book recurrence issue this way.

Gordon: "The Riddler is on the loose!"
Batman: "W-why did you let him out?"
Gordon: "Urban renewal?"

Dr.Epic
2010-07-20, 02:16 PM
They already know Roy's not the King of Nowhere. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0535.html) Looks like they've given up on that particular job, too.

True that. Not to mention they're minor characters that don't really need any more face time.

factotum
2010-07-20, 03:42 PM
I agree--there's absolutely no reason why we need to see those guys again. It would start stretching credibility if we DID, because it would start feeling like there are only about 200 people in the whole OotS world and the party keeps bumping into them over and over again!

shadowkiller
2010-07-20, 03:49 PM
well I'd say that since the only other shadow in the comic is the one the MitD is under, they were either recruited or killed and then recruited by team evil.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-20, 04:06 PM
I agree--there's absolutely no reason why we need to see those guys again. It would start stretching credibility if we DID, because it would start feeling like there are only about 200 people in the whole OotS world and the party keeps bumping into them over and over again!

Maybe they're get a prequel book or spin-off.

tomandtish
2010-07-20, 06:48 PM
well I'd say that since the only other shadow in the comic is the one the MitD is under, they were either recruited or killed and then recruited by team evil.

Now we know what the stew is made of......

Best not to say anything to O'chul. :smallyuk:

nysisobli
2010-07-20, 10:26 PM
What If The Mitd Is The Shadowdancer!!!!!

Dr.Epic
2010-07-20, 10:56 PM
What If The Mitd Is The Shadowdancer!!!!!

We've never seen both of them at the same place at the same time.

nysisobli
2010-07-20, 11:03 PM
Also, have you ever seen the MITD?

Phishfood
2010-07-21, 02:14 AM
I haven't but I know someone who did and he went mad! MAD! so yes I've seen him lots of times.

the Riddler
2010-07-21, 04:21 AM
One of the more admirable qualities of Rich's writing is that he does not feel the need to bring minor characters back, or dead ones back from the grave. He averts the comic book recurrence issue this way.

Gordon: "The Riddler is on the loose!"
Batman: "W-why did you let him out?"
Gordon: "Urban renewal?"

I feel very guilty right now.

Lord Loss
2010-07-21, 03:33 PM
There are some minor characters i'd like to see again, such as Miko or that cleric that got rid of Belkar's Mark...

Dr.Epic
2010-07-21, 03:39 PM
There are some minor characters i'd like to see again, such as Miko or that cleric that got rid of Belkar's Mark...

I think everyone would like to see Miko again just to find out where she actually landed herself in the afterlife.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-07-21, 04:00 PM
Uh, we’ve already seen them since the incident at the inn:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0535.html

They finally got to the King, but gave up when they saw Thanh.

Lecan
2010-07-23, 03:39 PM
to see Miko again just to find out where she actually landed herself in the afterlife.

This is why I hope the Giant doesn't show her again. If we don't know for sure, we can ascribe our own ideas to the end of her story. If he pulls back the curtain, there's just the one result.

ClockShock
2010-07-23, 08:24 PM
This is why I hope the Giant doesn't show her again. If we don't know for sure, we can ascribe our own ideas to the end of her story. If he pulls back the curtain, there's just the one result.

That's IT! If The Giant doesn't tell us anything, the story can turn out however we want. :smalltongue:

Seriously though, i hope we don't see her again because time was already taken to show her end. The character is done, and the world is a much better place when 'done' characters aren't continuously brought back.