PDA

View Full Version : HELP Black & White Platinum Pack

MrsHauck
2010-07-20, 03:19 PM
Ok so i purchased the black and white platinum pack not knowing it is only for Mac... We have an acer with windows xp i was wondering if there is any way to trick the game into working on this computer and if so how?!?! I really dont want this purchase to be a waste of my money and i am no computer whiz so any help would be greatly appreciated and detail into how to do it would be grand please help asap!!! Reply to me in my email please [email protected]!

factotum
2010-07-20, 03:21 PM
No, there isn't any way to get a Mac-only application to work on a Windows PC.

MrsHauck
2010-07-20, 03:23 PM
so there is absolutley no way to get it to work? ok we also tried to download the black and white torrent and then virtually mount it using virtual clone drive but it still says we need a disk do you know anything about doing that?

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-20, 03:24 PM
Ok so i purchased the black and white platinum pack not knowing it is only for Mac... We have an acer with windows xp i was wondering if there is any way to trick the game into working on this computer and if so how?!?! I really dont want this purchase to be a waste of my money and i am no computer whiz so any help would be greatly appreciated and detail into how to do it would be grand please help asap!!! Reply to me in my email please [email protected]!

Are ... Are you talking about Pokemon?

MrsHauck
2010-07-20, 03:26 PM
no i am talking about black and white the game where u play as god

Coplantor
2010-07-20, 04:01 PM
I strongly recomend you to delete your e-mail account from your post. If you want a playgrounder to contact you, it would be better to use PM's.

Vaynor
2010-07-20, 04:17 PM
I find this whole situation incredibly ironic. :smalltongue:

Capt Spanner
2010-07-20, 08:37 PM
You can get VMWare Player here:

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/desktop_downloads/vmware_player/3_0

Then follow instructions here:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/mac-os-x/install-snow-leopard-on-pc/ but ignore the stuff about Workstation. VMPlayer does the same thing, more or less, for free, with reduced functionality.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-21, 01:15 AM
Is it possible to take it back to the store where you bought it and exchange it for the correct version?

Tirian
2010-07-21, 05:23 AM
I'm not certain that even the PC version of Black and White can be installed on a modern PC. It's all I can do to get B&W 2 running on my machine.

drakir_nosslin
2010-07-21, 06:15 AM
I'm not certain that even the PC version of Black and White can be installed on a modern PC. It's all I can do to get B&W 2 running on my machine.

Can't you try to set up a virtual machine with an older OS? That's how I'd do it, but I've never tried it out. It would be pretty much like running an emulator...

Tirian
2010-07-21, 07:10 AM
You'd think so, but I've never had any luck with it. My suspicion is that it is kludged to tweak the best performance possible out of 2001-era graphics cards. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I can't do it.

drakir_nosslin
2010-07-21, 07:44 AM
Well, you could always try a graphics card emulator as well, for instance '3D Analyze' might be able to simulate an older version of your card. I haven't tried it, and it's done to do the exact opposite (allowing you to play games that requires functions that your card doesn't support), but it might be worth a shot.

TSGames
2010-07-21, 07:45 AM
Then follow instructions here:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/mac-os-x/install-snow-leopard-on-pc/ but ignore the stuff about Workstation. VMPlayer does the same thing, more or less, for free, with reduced functionality.
These are good instructions. However, MrsHauck, in case you are unfamiliar with VMWare and have not read all the way through the instructions, I would like to mention that you will need a Mac install disc(in the instructions he uses a Snow Leopard install disk). It is possible to virtualize Mac on Windows using versions other than Snow Leopard, but it sounds to me like you may not have an OS 10.X install CD just laying around.

Of course, if you do have an install disk just laying around, you may try to setup your computer for dual booting into Windows and Mac. While it is my personal preference(and generally somewhat better than virtualization), I would hesitate to recommend it to you, as it becomes all too easy to accidentally format or wipe a drive during installation, especially if you are not familiar with the OS installation process.

Personally, I'd recommend taking it back to the store and trying to get your money back. Failing that there's always re-gifting(Black and White was great game, and Black and White 2 was decent, I'm sure you know some Mac users who would be happy to have it).