PDA

View Full Version : Spain!

Belkarsbadside1
2010-07-20, 07:49 PM
So, I'm heading off to Spain in a week and a half for a little bit, and I have done a bit of research on cool places to head out to see. But I was wondering if any of my fellow playgrounders had any good tips on any fun or unusual places I could head to. And also on a side note, If any of you knew of any really haunted locations there, I would be most grateful. But if you guys don't, just any cool locations would be very useful to me.

ninjalemur
2010-07-20, 08:33 PM
I don't have any suggestions, but post some of your own when you get back because I'm going their next April.

drakir_nosslin
2010-07-21, 06:16 AM
According to my brother, Barcelona is quite nice. Lots of nice arcitecture, good food, shopping and a decent beach close by. It has something for everyone.

Eadin
2010-07-21, 06:21 AM
Barcelona is awesome
Be very carefull when you visit the main shopping street, called "Ramblas" I think.
You can get pickpocketed easily

But yeah, the food is delicious

KenderWizard
2010-07-21, 04:22 PM
The only part of Spain I've been to is Bilbao, but it's a really nice place. I spent most of my time there in the Guggenheim museum, because it was awesome!

If you want to find haunted places, you should try talking to locals in likely areas.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-21, 04:33 PM
Buy World Cup Merchandise. They won after all. Their should be loads of it. This is merely speculation ...

Belkarsbadside1
2010-07-21, 05:25 PM
Thanks for all those tips. I'll be sure to keep those in mind. (although I'm not a big soccer fan so I'm not sure if I wanna get any souvenirs)

tcrudisi
2010-07-21, 08:32 PM
Buy World Cup Merchandise. They won after all. Their should be loads of it. This is merely speculation ...

They definitely did the best job of falling down and clutching their ankles after the tiniest amount of contact.

Yikes, I'm still bitter about it, apparently. Oh well, congrats to Spain.

Elhann
2010-07-22, 06:33 AM
Well, Spain is fairly large, so getting an idea of where in Spain are you going to be would help. Its offer is also varied:

If you're looking for sun and beach, I'd recommend Cádiz (bonus points for Tarifa if you're interested in surfing), but almost anywhere with coast will do.
If you're looking for cultural activities, Madrid has one the Big Three european museums (El Prado) and lots of things to do.
If you're looking for architectural wonders, you shouldn't miss The Alhambra in Granada.
If you want good food, you'll find it everywhere.

On haunted locations... there's Belmez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9lmez_Faces). Some time ago there was talk about ghosts in the Palace of Linares in Madrid, but now it is the City Hall, or the Seat of the Post Service or something, so I doubt there are many ghosts there...