PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I am tearing up...have you ever wondered why people are so nice to you?

Pika...
2010-07-20, 10:07 PM
So, here I am at the home of the couple I am helping make a baby. I have been here a month, and it seems we have gotten to know each other quite well. So much so that they trust me to drive them and their new foster child to a doctor's appointment, and then leave it with in their car with their older daughter me driving around and getting gas while they are in the building getting a forgotten prescription. And they have confided in me lots of personal info. They really seem to trust me. :smallconfused:

Anyway, I get back from running a personal arraign at 11pm. I get here starving, and tired. And when I walk in (with the key they lent me...) I notice all the way in the kitchen, under the oven light which was lit, a paper plate under another turned upside down. In it was a beautiful looking piece of seasoned baked chicken, yummy looking rice with gravy on it, and vegetables. All still warm. Everyone else is asleep. I started to teared up, and almost cried. I did not get this back home, so I am surprised they seem to actually care so much. Damn...

waterpenguin43
2010-07-20, 10:10 PM
So, here I am at the home of the couple I am helping make a baby. I have been here a month, and it seems we have gotten to know each other quite well. So much so that they trust me to drive them and their new foster child to a doctor's appointment, and then leave it with in their car with their older daughter me driving around and getting gas while they are in the building getting a forgotten prescription. And they have confided in me lots of personal info. They really seem to trust me. :smallconfused:

Anyway, I get back from running a personal arraign at 11pm. I get here starving, and tired. And when I walk in (with the key they lent me...) I notice all the way in the kitchen, under the oven light which was lit, a paper plate under another turned upside down. In it was a beautiful looking piece of seasoned baked chicken, yummy looking rice with gravy on it, and vegetables. All still warm. Everyone else is asleep. I started to teared up, and almost cried. I did not get this back home, so I am surprised they seem to actually care so much. Damn...

Aw... It's good to see people are grateful at heart for things.

KenderWizard
2010-07-20, 10:54 PM
That's such a sweet story, thank you for sharing it! It made me smile. :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2010-07-20, 11:54 PM
I feel it is worth pointing out that I was listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfNPL1w-I9I)while reading that...

Just sayin'.

2010-07-21, 06:40 AM
it could be that theyre just grateful
it could be that theyre just kind generous people
it could be that theyre squid people and experienced enough chefs to know that human brains taste like **** without copious amounts of serotonin sloshing around.
or maybe some combination of the three; its hard to say.

Sahaar
2010-07-21, 06:42 AM
It's nice to know that there are still nice people in the world :)

onthetown
2010-07-21, 09:22 AM
That's sweet. :smallsmile: People like that are definitely worth your time.

Lord Loss
2010-07-21, 09:31 AM
People that kind are very rare. :smallsmile:. Made me smile just reading it...

ForzaFiori
2010-07-21, 10:41 AM
it could be that theyre just grateful
it could be that theyre just kind generous people
it could be that theyre squid people and experienced enough chefs to know that human brains taste like **** without copious amounts of serotonin sloshing around.
or maybe some combination of the three; its hard to say.

I'm thinking squid people.

Flickerdart
2010-07-21, 10:45 AM
No, I have never had an opportunity to wonder that.

rakkoon
2010-07-22, 02:50 AM
Spread the love people, start cooking!

Raistlin1040
2010-07-22, 02:54 AM
Pika, I made you a cookie.

But I eated it.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-22, 03:15 AM
My faith in humanity meter is slowly rising.

Ichneumon
2010-07-22, 12:16 PM
My faith in humanity meter is slowly rising.

Mine isn't, but it certainly is declining less rapid since reading Pika's story.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Yora
2010-07-22, 12:47 PM
People are nice to you, because you are nice to them.

It's also the same reason bitter people think nobody is nice to them.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-22, 12:52 PM
No. I dont. They arent. I dont like them, and they dont like me, its simple.

Starfols
2010-07-22, 02:33 PM
Hey, sometimes the idealists are right. Who'd have thought? :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-07-22, 03:02 PM
If someone was helping me with something I wanted more than anything else in the world, I'd be pretty nice to that person.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-22, 03:06 PM
If someone was helping me with something I wanted more than anything else in the world, I'd be pretty nice to that person.

So would I. But their arent any people like that who I know.

Eldpollard
2010-07-22, 03:38 PM
Well, they're either very nice, warm, and caring people, or they're fattening you up for the slaughter.

absolmorph
2010-07-22, 04:10 PM
They're probably grateful for your help.
I mean, if someone was helping my family out that much, I'd try and make sure they get a tasty, warm meal even if they get back after I go to sleep. It's not hard to do, and a good meal can make a day much better.

2010-07-22, 08:06 PM
Hey, sometimes the idealists are right. Who'd have thought? :smallamused:

well yes, or theyre being mind controlled by the people running the genericglobalconspiracyofevil to make their vast global conspiracies seem less plausible in the eyes of the rest of humanity; maybe its not mind control, maybe theyre part of it, creating another pawn with a simple* piece of chicken.
*well okay it sounded well cooked and tasty, but compared to months of brainwashing and training chicken is simple.
EDIT: not to imply that they would train chickens, chicken based warfare was clearly disproved back in the 70's. *hides chicken exoskeleton battle suit*