PDA

View Full Version : +4 La

meolmir1
2010-07-20, 11:10 PM
heyo just got plus 4 LA for a wizard(10th) smacked with a disease that gave him the amorphous template whats the quickest way to get rid of LA (can it be done with wish or miracle spells) does any1 have interesting feats that would support my new form or increases spell power via ECL. I dont want 2 get rid of this charachter its insanely powerful (may be in process of causing God war "it was an accident I swear").

thanks for the help:smallbiggrin:

BobVosh
2010-07-20, 11:20 PM
If you are high enough to do a god war, I assume you are level 24+. If so you can buy off two LA via unearthed arcana. 2 LA (4-2) isn't terrible at this level, however several spells, rituals, etc can change your race.

Well you are still high enough if you are 10 to buy off two LA, but I recommend a PAO to a race without LA.

Flickerdart
2010-07-20, 11:29 PM
If you are high enough to do a god war, I assume you are level 24+. If so you can buy off two LA via unearthed arcana. 2 LA (4-2) isn't terrible at this level, however several spells, rituals, etc can change your race.

Well you are still high enough if you are 10 to buy off two LA, but I recommend a PAO to a race without LA.
+4 LA can only have one point bought off at level 12.

BobVosh
2010-07-20, 11:33 PM
Shows what I remember.

IonDragon
2010-07-21, 03:49 AM
Wish and Miracle should both be able to remove it.

HunterOfJello
2010-07-21, 04:09 AM
If you were infected by the spores, then you need a Wish or Miracle to reverse it.

~

Perhaps we should be suggesting the easiest ways to obtain a Wish or Miracle.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-07-21, 04:41 AM
If it was a disease which imposes a template on you, there should be a built-in way of removing it included in its description. It's likely that something as simple as a Heal spell could cure the disease and reverse its effects. If you can find an NPC spellcaster who's willing to do it for you, easy to do if you're not evil and go visit a good-aligned temple, the standard fee (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#spell) is spell level x caster level x 10 gp. The minimum caster level for Heal would be 11, so you could get this fixed for a mere 660 gp.

Regardless of whether or not you decide to keep it, gaining a level adjustment will not cause you to lose any of your current levels. For example, if you're already level 12 and gain a +4 LA template, you'd be ECL 16 with a low XP total. You wouldn't be able to gain another level until you got enough XP to hit 17, but that +4 LA wouldn't cost you any of those 12 character levels you already had. You could actually do a cheesy level drain trick to gain XP from this. Get hit by something that gives you a negative level, such as a Wight. Wait 24 hours, and voluntarily fail the save to remove it, and you lose one of your levels. Your XP gets set to halfway to gaining another level according to your current ECL, so you'd actually gain three levels worth of XP. You could then just get a Restoration spell to regain that lost level, and have the minimum XP for your current ECL including the level adjustment.