PDA

View Full Version : A free template

Fisticuffs
2010-07-20, 11:12 PM
I'm looking for a template that'll give me a big bonus to my character's Int score, like the title says the template will come without its level adjustment so that that isn't a concern.

Milskidasith
2010-07-20, 11:16 PM
Any LA or book limits?

Shadowleaf
2010-07-20, 11:19 PM
99% sure there is no such thing as a LA 0 "big int bonus" template.

Edit: Oh, misunderstood the OP. Never mind.

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-20, 11:20 PM
I actually asked this same thing 5 months ago xD

The winner was a toss up between Riddled and Elder Serpent.

Riddled can only be applied to a True Dragon and gives +6 Int.

Elder Serpent can only be applied to an Animal or Magic Beast with 5 Int or less and gives 2d6+6 Int.

Otherwise, Half-Illithid came in 3rd place with a +4 to Int.

Greenish
2010-07-20, 11:27 PM
Primordial Giant is +4 int, but it requires you to be a giant to begin with.

The Glyphstone
2010-07-20, 11:30 PM
Does it have to be one with a listed LA? Cause I was going to suggest Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm), till I realized it'd just make me look silly.

The Shadowmind
2010-07-20, 11:36 PM
Unless the update nerfed it, instead of boosting INT you could boost every thing else with the Monster of Legend template. Normally this template gives you, at the price of +7 LA, +10 STR, +6 DEX, +10 CON, +2 INT, +2 WIS, +4 CHA, improved initiative, multiattack, 5th level cleric casting, a meh breath weapon, poison, and then pick two of the special qualities.
But this is a blatant power grab, but it isn't as bad a paragon.

BobVosh
2010-07-20, 11:37 PM
I actually asked this same thing 5 months ago xD

The winner was a toss up between Riddled and Elder Serpent.

Riddled can only be applied to a True Dragon and gives +6 Int.

Elder Serpent can only be applied to an Animal or Magic Beast with 5 Int or less and gives 2d6+6 Int.

Otherwise, Half-Illithid came in 3rd place with a +4 to Int.

So I'm guessing a really old dragonwrought riddled kobold. Stupid kobolds.

Fisticuffs
2010-07-20, 11:37 PM
I suppose I should mention that this is being added to a Thri-Kreen.

Does it have to be one with a listed LA? Cause I was going to suggest Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm), till I realized it'd just make me look silly.
Unfortunately I can't take the same template twice. :smallbiggrin:

Any LA or book limits?
Nope

Otherwise, Half-Illithid came in 3rd place with a +4 to Int.This was the best I found, was hoping better existed.

Wings of Peace
2010-07-20, 11:38 PM
Seconding Paragon for hilarity. :smallbiggrin:

Fisticuffs
2010-07-20, 11:41 PM
Each player gets three free templates, I have Paragon and Monster of Legend but I could use a boost to my Int.

The Glyphstone
2010-07-20, 11:41 PM

If you've already got Paragon (?)...might as well snag Epic Pseudonatural too? It's not an Int-boosting template, but it is awesome all the same.

Fisticuffs
2010-07-20, 11:43 PM
What book is Epic Pseudonatural in?

BobVosh
2010-07-21, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure, but it is on the PDF.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-21, 12:23 AM
I think it is in the SRD and the Epic Level Handbook

The Glyphstone
2010-07-21, 08:10 AM
There's two templates called 'Pseudonatural'. One is from Complete Arcane, and is weaksauce. The other is here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/pseudonaturalCreature.htm), and is ridiculous.

Lord Loss
2010-07-21, 09:43 AM
There's two templates called 'Pseudonatural'. One is from Complete Arcane, and is weaksauce. The other is here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/pseudonaturalCreature.htm), and is ridiculous.

There's also one in Lords of madness

Person_Man
2010-07-21, 10:38 AM
Side Question: What is your game like with such ridiculously powerful characters? If everyone has absurdly high stats, DR, SR, etc, then doesn't combat just come down to who wins Initiative?

Flickerdart
2010-07-21, 10:57 AM
Side Question: What is your game like with such ridiculously powerful characters? If everyone has absurdly high stats, DR, SR, etc, then doesn't combat just come down to who wins Initiative?
No, because everyone has absurdly high stats, DR, SR, etc. :smalltongue:

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-07-21, 11:20 AM
3 Free templates seems a tad on the ridiculous side. I have to agree with Person Man here in that combat would not be very enjoyable not only for the fact of overpowered characters. But also the 30 to 45 minutes it would take everyone each turn to look through all there special abilities. As far as what you should take for an Int Boost, who cares just take something awesome and you will be invinciblesque as is anyways.

The Glyphstone
2010-07-21, 11:22 AM
There's also one in Lords of madness

Right - that one's a reprint of the Complete Arcane psuedonatural template, they're basically identical.

Caphi
2010-07-21, 11:28 AM
But also the 30 to 45 minutes it would take everyone each turn to look through all there special abilities.

Or you could write them down on some sort of sheet, possibly one that contains other information about the statistics and capabilities of your character.

Too bad we don't have any of those.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-07-21, 11:31 AM
Or you could write them down on some sort of sheet, possibly one that contains other information about the statistics and capabilities of your character.

Too bad we don't have any of those.

Even with your character sheet with the right templates plus race and class abilities that would be a pretty lengthy write up. I exaggerate a little on the time frame. Just trying to make a point of balance.