PDA

View Full Version : So other than Fleshraker what wildshape would you recommend?

Chells
2010-07-21, 01:10 PM
Playing a Totem Druid (6th) so I'll only have one shape. The Fleshraker is cool but I'd feel a bit cheesy taking the obvious trump shape in the lot. So what else is a good solid form to take?

Greenish
2010-07-21, 01:11 PM
Crocodile! (Though if you only get one shape, it might not be the best one.)

Optimystik
2010-07-21, 01:15 PM
Totem Druid? Where is that from?

Something innocuous with wings (like an eagle) can rain down blasty and control-y spells from on high.

Chells
2010-07-21, 01:15 PM
Yeah I'd like something that can get around. A climb speed would be nice. Oh and I think it is going to be a desert game.

Totem Druid? Where is that from?

Something innocuous with wings (like an eagle) can rain down blasty and control-y spells from on high.
Dragon Mag #335 pg 87

PId6
2010-07-21, 01:17 PM
I love Legendary Ape (MM2) form while wielding quarterstaff. It's HD is quite high though, but it has arms and the Str is massive.

You can find a nice list of Wild Shape forms here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1354.0).

gallagher
2010-07-21, 01:17 PM
desert campaign would have a good use for fly speed critters, as they can hide in the sunlight and rain down terror

but something that might be interesting to you is a creature with a burrow speed. think about it, you can collapse ground from underneeth people if your DM pays attention to physics, and you can pop in and out around people and cast a spell

Optimystik
2010-07-21, 01:19 PM
Dragon Mag #335 pg 87

What's different about it?

Chells
2010-07-21, 01:23 PM
Oh I like the dig idea.

The more I think about it, I'm leaning against areal creatures. My son is running the game and I think flying will give him no end of trouble. I'd hate to foil his plot by being able to swoop past everything he has planned.

Chells
2010-07-21, 01:28 PM
What's different about it?

As far as my level is concerned I'll can wild shape 3 times per day but only into the totem animal's form. Will be able to assume dire shape 1/day. (Also Animal companion is same as totem shape)

gallagher
2010-07-21, 01:34 PM
Oh I like the dig idea.

The more I think about it, I'm leaning against areal creatures. My son is running the game and I think flying will give him no end of trouble. I'd hate to foil his plot by being able to swoop past everything he has planned.
oh, you wont be swooping or digging past the encounters. you stay out of their reach, go places where they cant see you, or anything that gives you absolute combat effectiveness, and summon natures ally or other such spells

Eldariel
2010-07-21, 01:34 PM
Tigers and Bears are fine. Dire Bat is nice too. Just few options.

subject42
2010-07-21, 01:37 PM
Bears are always good. Especially with a bear animal companion and a bear wild cohort.

gallagher
2010-07-21, 01:39 PM
Bears are always good. Especially with a bear animal companion and a bear wild cohort.
be a bear riding a bear following a bear unbearably baring it all