PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an encounter! help please!

gallagher
2010-07-21, 01:12 PM
so in a previous thread that i made, called Cool Encounters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160803), i saw someone had said something about making a house that attacked people, and one where there was a statue in the middle of a room that caused players to jump from moving platform to platform and attacked with eye beams.

another post talked of a house that attacked the players. i want to combine the two, and i need some help.

what i am thinking is making a mansion that has lots of furniture. the house is haunted in that it causes things to tip over onto players, like dressers and chandeliers. creatures inside this place will be ghosts, different sprites or fey or something that will be trapped inside of places like drawers (which means that when players search the room and open them, out pops a critter!) the random bat or rat swarm, and hopefully a mummy if they go to the basement. there will be collapsing floors and falling objects throughout, which will probably make up most of the traps. if they go into the kitchen, i will probably have cutlery fly out at them.

in the attic i will have a tiki looking statue, and when they all start to approach it, the ground will crumble beneath them, and their own respective pods will be circling around the tiki, with a few others circling around them that they can jump on to get closer. i still need to figure out the balance and jump checks for jumping from platform to platform. the tiki will be on a 10x10 platform and will have a pretty good SR.

to make it more difficult on the players, there will be things that can hit the players. 3 feet off the ground will be a laser that will work like a scorching ray that will be circling in the opposite direction that the players will either have to jump over or dive under, which i have to figure out the balance checks for all that too.

so any advice on this house? is there anything that you would include, and anything that would make the final encounter more difficult?