PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun Possession Spirits

Cashius
2010-07-21, 02:15 PM
Recently, I helped build a Mage who specialized in summoning possession spirits to help him in combat. However, there seems to be some confusion between my friends and I as to what exactly is the cap of the physical Stat boost that a possession spirit gives to the person who is possessed. Some believe it is up to that metahuman's augmented maximum but the book doesn't say otherwise. It just says add the spirits force to the possessed Physical stats. I can see where this can get very powerfull without a cap on how much it can add. Just wondering if you guys got any advice on the situation and if there was anything I was missing.

Autonomy
2010-07-21, 02:58 PM
Its the augmented cap. In SR, the source doesn't matter, you cannot go over the augmented max ever.

kjones
2010-07-21, 03:47 PM
Yeah, that is correct - if you're looking for a specific ruling, I think the errata that were rolled in to the 20th anniversary book clarify this point. This also may have been addressed in the recent FAQ, though the regard in which you hold that text may vary.

Cashius
2010-07-21, 04:06 PM
So, you think possession mage can get more out off his spirits force rating by putting it into a homunculus or object where an augmented cap doesn't exist.

Example:
A force 9 spirit possessing a orc with body 6 can only go up to his augmented max of 13. Where as a stone homunculus gets its force(9)+6 making the homunculus's body 15.