PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour

chiasaur11
2010-07-21, 04:17 PM
It's out.

After all these years, Scott Pilgrim is complete.

Last volume?

Pretty good, I think.

Scott mopes a lot, then finally mans up and tries to fight Gideon. He dies.

So, yeah.

Anyone else read it?

Tamburlaine
2010-07-21, 04:26 PM
I have. I was... nonplussed, really. I think I was expecting something different, which is quite strange, since it's a very fitting end to the series. I think I need to reread the previous volumes though, because some of it didn't make huge amounts of sense.

The Extinguisher
2010-07-21, 04:39 PM
I loved it. I've it roughly 5 times in the last 24 hours, and it's still really good.

I completely forgot about the Chekhov's Gun, and I absolutely adore Wallace. He's my favourite character.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-21, 05:38 PM
I loved it. I've it roughly 5 times in the last 24 hours, and it's still really good.

How long is it? Is it a standard one issue comic or a collection?

The Extinguisher
2010-07-21, 05:57 PM
It's roughly 250 pages. Larger than all the others, but not by much. I guess it could be considered a collection, despite being released all at once.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-21, 05:59 PM
It's roughly 250 pages. Larger than all the others, but not by much. I guess it could be considered a collection, despite being released all at once.

250 read 5 times...1,250 pages in 24 hours? I know it's a comic but still. How much sleep did you get?

Deth Muncher
2010-07-21, 06:01 PM
It wasn't quite as epic as I'd been hoping for, but I think it ended in a fairly good way.

Comet
2010-07-21, 06:56 PM
Awesome stuff, all around. What a great comic.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-21, 06:58 PM
250 read 5 times...1,250 pages in 24 hours? I know it's a comic but still. How much sleep did you get?

Its not like the pages are big. Unless they've made a more less-manga-style sized

Dr.Epic
2010-07-21, 07:11 PM
Its not like the pages are big. Unless they've made a more less-manga-style sized

Wouldn't it depend more on the panels per page as well as the amount of dialogue and text?

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-21, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't it depend more on the panels per page as well as the amount of dialogue and text?

... Yes ... ... Yeah, it would.

Phase
2010-07-21, 07:40 PM
I too was expecting more twists, more epic, but at least it was a satisfying conclusion to a great series. Kudos.

chiasaur11
2010-07-22, 04:04 PM
So, any

Thoughts on what really happened with Simon Lee? I think it probably, roughly went:

1) Kim gets tired of Simon.

2) Kim mentions him bugging her, presumably.

3) Scott beats Simon and everyone between them within an inch of their lives. Considering what we know about Scott Pilgrim when it comes to punchery, this makes them very lucky on the "within an inch" front. And poor Simon Lee is forced into River City Ransom's Slick role.

Alteran
2010-07-23, 08:51 PM
I really, really enjoyed this volume. Of them all, it may be my favourite, although I haven't read the other five in several months. For the first half especially, I feel like Bryan Lee O'Malley really got a handle on what made the other books great. He then had to go into Final Battle Mode, of course, which I did enjoy as well. I intentionally avoided creating expectations before reading the book, so I was just able to enjoy what was there.

I'm sad to be done, but at least I'll have the movie to console me. I was initially skeptical about how good it would be, but the recent trailers and clips make it look pretty promising.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-23, 09:10 PM
How's the series compare on the whole? I'm looking forward to the upcoming movie - how's it compare based on the previews?

chiasaur11
2010-07-23, 10:15 PM
How's the series compare on the whole? I'm looking forward to the upcoming movie - how's it compare based on the previews?

Well, Miyamoto loves it.

Yes, that Miyamoto.

As do most other previews. So, excited.

SDF
2010-07-27, 06:21 AM
I thought it was interesting that it was revealed Scott was as much a jerk in all his relationships as the girls, and through selective memory thought that things either weren't his fault or he was wronged. And, while the series could be seen as an alternate world slice of life I think the underlying theme was that relationships develop us. People may have bad relationships, but it is always a two way highway and we shouldn't be obtuse to each others retrospectives. Also, rule 32.

chiasaur11
2010-08-06, 11:36 PM
Hullo!

I might have just ran into an error in volume six.

You know how Scott's memories of Simon Lee are totally wrong?

Well, Kim remembered that version of Lee as well. Dream sequence, midway into Vs. The World.

Odd. Decidedly odd.