PDA

View Full Version : Ability Damage to Undead

Beelzebub1111
2010-07-21, 04:24 PM
To Quote the SRD:

"[Undead are] not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects."

I take this to mean that you CAN deal wisdom, charisma, and intelligence damage to undead, as long as the source is neither mind-affecting nor poisonous. Anybody have any idea how to exploit this little weakness?

Tinydwarfman
2010-07-21, 04:25 PM
To Quote the SRD:
"[Undead are] not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects."

I take this to mean that you CAN deal wisdom, charisma, and intelligence damage to undead, as long as the source is neither mind-affecting nor poisonous. Anybody have any idea how to exploit this little weakness?

Why yes, but I cannot say, otherwise my opponent on the PBP boards may find out and compensate.

Beelzebub1111
2010-07-21, 04:47 PM
Why yes, but I cannot say, otherwise my opponent on the PBP boards may find out and compensate.

can I have a hint?

Ravens_cry
2010-07-21, 04:53 PM
If your so worried about secrecy, just PM each other.

Jack_Simth
2010-07-21, 05:06 PM
To Quote the SRD:

Ah, but remember: You ALSO have to avoid it permitting a Fort save.

Saya
2010-07-21, 05:38 PM
A certain book has holy poisons that work on undead, including one feat where you can do ridiculous amounts of dex damage if you have multiple unarmed/natural attacks...