PDA

View Full Version : Additional Pairs of Wings

DukeGod
2010-07-21, 06:31 PM
OK,so I am building a character and he is pretty much gonna end up with around 3 pairs of wings,I can't find the rules to see if that changes something
So,are there any actual rules for it?And where are they?

Caphi
2010-07-21, 06:34 PM
OK,so I am building a character and he is pretty much gonna end up with around 3 pairs of wings,I can't find the rules to see if that changes something
So,are there any actual rules for it?And where are they?

If it bothers you that much, just up his maneuverability as he gains more wings. If he already has perfect, toss on a few plusses.

Zovc
2010-07-21, 06:34 PM
If it bothers you that much, just up his maneuverability as he gains more wings. If he already has perfect, toss on a few plusses.

Either that, or try to think of words that are 'better' than perfect, just for laughs.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-21, 06:35 PM
Add the flight speeds each wing grants. Become Flash. Rule the universe.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-21, 06:35 PM
Words like Superfluous.

Caphi
2010-07-21, 06:36 PM
Either that, or try to think of words that are 'better' than perfect, just for laughs.

Fly 60 (impeccable).

Fly 60 (flawless).

Fly 60 (hummingbird).

deuxhero
2010-07-21, 06:39 PM
Best applies, though the DM can easily allow it under Rule 0 and Rule of Cool and being pure flavor how many wings you have (I'd be willing to increase maneuverability at least as well). See if you can get extra eyes and wield a flaming sword.

DukeGod
2010-07-21, 06:49 PM
Best applies, though the DM can easily allow it under Rule 0 and Rule of Cool and being pure flavor how many wings you have (I'd be willing to increase maneuverability at least as well). See if you can get extra eyes and wield a flaming sword.

I got maneuverabilty boost.Probably could make them more optimized but what the hell,Rule of Cool ruling here
Flaming sword?Try 210ft Range Lightning Swords =D
Its a Bleach character by the way.Just explaining why so much non-sense

EternalMelon
2010-07-21, 06:57 PM

Double Plus Perfect, "Double Double Plus Good" grammar wise?
That sounds like coffee.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-21, 06:57 PM
I advise against adding speed too much. Maybe each extra set gives 1/3 of the base's speed?

deuxhero
2010-07-21, 07:14 PM
I got maneuverabilty boost.Probably could make them more optimized but what the hell,Rule of Cool ruling here
Flaming sword?Try 210ft Range Lightning Swords =D
Its a Bleach character by the way.Just explaining why so much non-sense

Lots of wings+lots of eyes+flaming sword=biblical angel.

dgnslyr
2010-07-21, 07:53 PM
Well, if you have three pairs of wings, you should go around in a toga, laughing maniacally, and demanding that your hirelings constantly clean sand from your boots. Now, if you go the extra mile and get a seventh wing, you should see if you can make your own crazy epic spell that destroys THE ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM WITH A METEOR AND BLASTS THE ENEMY WITH A SUPERNOVA for the lulz, but people might think you're too much of a momma's boy for it.

Siosilvar
2010-07-21, 08:02 PM
Fly 60 (hummingbird).

I can think of nothing a hummingbird can do that perfect maneuverability can't.

Fly 60ft (peerless)

Fly 60ft (immaculate)

Fly 60ft (supernatural)

Fly 60ft (extraordinary)

Fly 60ft (spell-like)

Snake-Aes
2010-07-21, 08:08 PM
I can think of nothing a hummingbird can do that perfect maneuverability can't.
More than that. A humming bird is probably not (perfect). They can't fly backwards at full speed.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-21, 09:54 PM
Well, if you have three pairs of wings, you should go around in a toga, laughing maniacally, and demanding that your hirelings constantly clean sand from your boots.

Kefka didn't have 3 pairs of wings. He didn't wear a toga, either. (More like a clown costume.) Also, they were soldiers not hirelings. :smallsigh:

CubeB
2010-07-21, 10:03 PM
Wouldn't 3 pairs of wings get in the way? :smallconfused:

dgnslyr
2010-07-21, 10:05 PM
Kefka didn't have 3 pairs of wings. He didn't wear a toga, either. (More like a clown costume.) Also, they were soldiers not hirelings. :smallsigh:

He did in his final boss form. :smallsigh:
Soldier, hireling, disposable sack of organs, same thing.

dgnslyr
2010-07-21, 10:12 PM
Wouldn't 3 pairs of wings get in the way? :smallconfused:

Not if you've made yourself a god on top of that.
Besides, it doesn't seem to be a problem for dragonflies.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-21, 10:13 PM
He did in his final boss form. :smallsigh:
Soldier, hireling, disposable sack of organs, same thing.

Really?
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/40%20-%20Kefka.gif

It looks more like there's two wings on the near side and at least one wing on the far side. Either that, or he has three single wings (not pairs).

dgnslyr
2010-07-21, 10:17 PM
Really?
It looks more like there's two wings on the near side and at least one wing on the far side. Either that, or he has three single wings (not pairs).

He's got three pairs (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kefka_Palazzo) in the FMVs, and anywhere else he's presented in 3D. Took me trip to the FF wiki to find that out; his in-game sprite doesn't really show all three pairs. :smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2010-07-22, 05:22 AM
If you would get multiple pairs of wings then you use the best set - it wouldn't be odd to combine the best maneuverability with the best speed.

That said, your wings can take the appearance of multiple sets, regardless of how you're getting them.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-22, 05:30 AM
He's got three pairs (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kefka_Palazzo) in the FMVs, and anywhere else he's presented in 3D. Took me trip to the FF wiki to find that out; his in-game sprite doesn't really show all three pairs. :smallbiggrin:

Huh. I guess I'm too oldskool for my own good. :smallamused:

Wolf Warhead
2010-07-22, 07:58 AM

Fly 60 (Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious)

It doesn't make sense. It doesn't need to.

veovius
2010-07-22, 07:59 AM
Neo Bahamut (or Zero, I can't remember) had 3 pairs of wings in FF7. As for wording, try "scrumtrelescent" :)

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-23, 12:50 PM
Neo Bahamut (or Zero, I can't remember) had 3 pairs of wings in FF7. As for wording, try "scrumtrelescent" :)

That was Bahamut Zero. I can't remember if Neo Bahamut had two wings or four, just that he was red.

Flickerdart
2010-07-23, 01:35 PM
RAW, it means that you can choose to fly with three different speeds, but you can't combine them. In practice, your cramped back will be more of a hindrance than a benefit.

CubeB
2010-07-23, 01:42 PM
Wait, wait.

Fly 60 (Yo Dawg, I heard you like flying; So I put wings on your wings so you can fly while you fly.)