PDA

View Full Version : blasto the hanar

Soranar
2010-07-21, 08:57 PM
was thinking of making one (warlock flumph)

but a flumph is lawful good by nature

while a warlock is chaotic good (which would fit the Blasto: "does this one feel lucky" motto better than Lawful Evil IMO

so , the question

is there a template that could make a flumph chaotic or another playable race that I could use that looks like a Hanar

N.B. for those who wonder blasto is a Mass Effect 2 injoke

Mystic Muse
2010-07-21, 09:06 PM
Have you tried asking your DM to get rid of the alignment requirement?

dgnslyr
2010-07-21, 09:15 PM
I thought most races went from "always X" to "mostly X." It would make Blasto stand out as a rebel more.

"This one wonders if its heat sink is over capacity. This one doesn't have time for your solid waste excretions."

Somehow, saying things politely makes you all the more badass.

Soranar
2010-07-21, 09:26 PM
The build is a challenge amongst our group to come up with ridiculous yet legal characters that are shut outs to others. I tried a Carebear build but being a pacifist makes for some very annoying roleplay. The others got so fed up with it they murdered me in my sleep.

Viskocity
2010-07-22, 01:51 AM
"A gun in every tentacle..." :smalleek:

Great idea. I never thought I would see it. You should talk to your DM about it. I can't see them being overly strict with the requirements, especially not if this is the kind of thing you regularly do in your group. May I ask, though, what kind of campaign this is? It sounds interesting in the extreme...

Morph Bark
2010-07-22, 03:58 AM
Anarchic template?

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-22, 07:22 AM
Anarchic template?

Doesn't it require you to be non-lawful, though?

Krazddndfreek
2010-07-22, 07:31 AM
"A gun in every tentacle..." :smalleek:

Or an arrow? Seriously, if each tentacle can be used for an attack, Soulbow would be perfect. Of course, I know next to nothing about flumphs, so I don't know if that would work. But you should still be able to get two separate arrow attacks.

Morph Bark
2010-07-22, 08:05 AM
Doesn't it require you to be non-lawful, though?

Nope, Anarchic/Axiomatic/Celestial/Fiendish don't have alignment requirements, but they do turn the creature's alignment into "Always Lawful/Chaotic/Good/Evil (any)".

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-22, 10:01 AM
Nope, Anarchic/Axiomatic/Celestial/Fiendish don't have alignment requirements, but they do turn the creature's alignment into "Always Lawful/Chaotic/Good/Evil (any)".

Well, the book says:

Creating an Anarchic Creature
"Anarchic" is an inherited template that can be added to any corporeal aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant or vermin of nonlawful alignment.

So, Anarchic at least has alignment requirements.

nedz
2010-07-22, 12:18 PM
Racial alignments are general statements, they do not apply to PCs; besides: Its obviously your flumphs fey/fiend ancestor which made him/her/whatever CG/LE/whatever.

Frosty
2010-08-14, 02:13 AM
was thinking of making one (warlock flumph)

but a flumph is lawful good by nature

while a warlock is chaotic good (which would fit the Blasto: "does this one feel lucky" motto better than Lawful Evil IMO

so , the question

is there a template that could make a flumph chaotic or another playable race that I could use that looks like a Hanar

N.B. for those who wonder blasto is a Mass Effect 2 injoke
What campaign is this? I would like to join it :smallbiggrin:

"ENKINDLE THIS!"

WinWin
2010-08-14, 02:27 AM
Ordered Chaos is a feat in one of the Fiendish Codexes. It would allow some effects to treat the character as chaotic. I do not think it would allow for Class/PrC qualification though.

As for other races, the Psuedonatural template from CArc might help with the tentacles and glowing 'speech.'