PDA

View Full Version : binders unite and create

Scholar23
2010-07-21, 11:24 PM
I have been recently working on binders visteges and thought why not find a way for a binder to create items due to the knowdge he collects on vestiges.

for example i had this idea of a perment seal enscribe into the ground in which one vestige may be call forth to grant one of its power to its caller.

so any other ideas will be great and i will work on thoose once i have the idea above flshec out :smallbiggrin:

Xefas
2010-07-22, 01:17 AM
Something like this?

----
Fonts

A Font is a stationary magic item that must be set into a 10x10 stone or metal surface. It is a permanent link to the non-existent realm of the Vestiges, and allows the Vestige consecrated to the Font to manifest a tiny portion of their essence into another plane.

Anyone may kneel upon a Font and beseech it for power with a DC 10 Knowledge Arcana or Knowledge Religion check (a character may not retry until they have gained additional ranks in the chosen skill). Alternatively, if someone else has made the check to beseech a Font, they may inform others of how to do so, obviating a need for a check altogether (and nullifying a failure).

Furthermore, if the check would meet or exceed DC 20 + the level of the vestige, that character knows which vestige the font is consecrated to. If the check would meet or exceed DC 25 + the level of the vestige, they may communicate with the vestige if the vestige so chooses.

A successful beseeching grants the supplicant a blessing for the next 24 hours. The font may be used any number of times by any number of individuals, though some vestiges may have prerequisites for granting some or all of their powers. A specific individual may only have one ability from one vestige at a time (so using multiple fonts of the same or different vestiges do not stack).

To create a Font, a Binder must have the designated vestige bound every day they work on it. It takes 1 day per level of the vestige to create, and costs a certain amount of gold in exotic reagents depending upon the font in question.

Example Font:

Font of Amon

A Font of Amon appears as a seal scrawled in ash upon the ground. Though it seems fragile enough to be blown away by a mild breeze, some unseen force compels the material to maintain its shape.

Any supplicant may beseech Amon for his ability to see through darkness, granting them Darkvision out to 60ft. If the supplicant has at least one Binder level, they instead gain it out to 120ft.

In addition, a character who has performed an evil act solely in retribution towards another person's evil actions sometime within the past 14 days may beseech Amon for greater power. Instead, the supplicant gains the Horns of Amon, a natural weapon that deals 1d8 + strength modifier damage. This damage is increased to 3d6 + 1.5x strength modifier damage on a charge. These horns bypass the damage reduction of a single individual, named at the time of supplication, who has wronged the supplicant sometime in the past.

Cost: 400xp + 10,000gp

Scholar23
2010-07-23, 03:05 PM
thats perfect compared to what i have done so far i just tweak it and send you my resut for you opions