PDA

View Full Version : A little Resident Evil 5 question

Jeivar
2010-07-22, 09:18 AM
I picked up RE5 for the PC yesterday, and I'm wondering how to upgrade my weapons. Will I eventually get a better pistol, shotgun and SMG than the starting stuff (like in RE4)? Should I spend by money immediately or save it for the superior stuff?

Dispozition
2010-07-22, 10:09 AM
I picked up RE5 for the PC yesterday, and I'm wondering how to upgrade my weapons. Will I eventually get a better pistol, shotgun and SMG than the starting stuff (like in RE4)? Should I spend by money immediately or save it for the superior stuff?

In the end you just get infinite weapons anyway. Do it however you want. You do get better weapons throughout, but I don't think it's worth hoarding money over.

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-22, 03:11 PM
I forgot which two, but if you upgrade two weapons fully, Sheva gets a bow with infinite arrows, while Chris gets a gatling gun with infinite ammo (which also obscures, like, half the screen with its power pack).

However, in the end, you're mostly gonna use the MP5 and the pistol.

FoE
2010-07-22, 03:20 PM
Here's another one: how the hell does Chris punch a boulder out of his way? I should note I haven't played the game, I've just seen a Youtube video of it.

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-22, 04:33 PM
Here's another one: how the hell does Chris punch a boulder out of his way? I should note I haven't played the game, I've just seen a Youtube video of it.

With great difficulty.

While it's probably nowhere near as difficult as actually punching a boulder out of the way, clicking the buttons during that sequence requires you to almost break the controller.

And it's not a single punch; he pushes it several times before it finally falls down into the lava.

Jeivar
2010-08-05, 10:56 AM
Hey, I have another one: Apparently I can chain melee attacks. But how? I tap the melee button like a drill, but Chris just delivers that one punch.

Enguhl
2010-08-06, 03:36 AM
Hey, I have another one: Apparently I can chain melee attacks. But how? I tap the melee button like a drill, but Chris just delivers that one punch.

Sheva needs to be nearby.

EvilJoe15
2010-08-07, 07:23 PM
It's much easier to pull of in co-op. It works best on miniboss types like the strongman, and gatling majini.

Vitruviansquid
2010-08-07, 07:31 PM

My question is, who tries to *punch* a heavy object out of the way? Really, has that worked better than pushing it in anyone's experience?

Dispozition
2010-08-07, 07:34 PM
In relation to the rock...Why do you question Chris Redfield, the man with biceps larger than you.

Vitruviansquid
2010-08-07, 07:55 PM
It's okay. Hulk's got my back.

Dispozition
2010-08-07, 08:08 PM
But...Chris Redfield had biceps larger then the Hulk. His biceps are larger than the world infact....For they are Chris Redfields biceps.

FoE
2010-08-07, 08:44 PM
But...Chris Redfield had biceps larger then the Hulk. His biceps are larger than the world infact....For they are Chris Redfields biceps.

The man's biceps are massive, there's no questioning that. It's just … how is punching better than pushing? It would have been equally impressive for him just to push the boulder away. I'd say "HOLY CRAP HE JUST PUSHED A BOULDER AWAY," not "HOW DID HE NOT BREAK HIS HANDS?"

Granted, humans are made of iron in the RE universe anyway. Hence the reason roundhouse kicks are better at exploding zombie heads than shotgun shells.

It's okay. Hulk's got my back.

Funny you should mention that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVTn2zafyA&feature=related) ...

Here's another one: why's Chris so focused on Jill when he has a sidekick as smokin' hot as Sheva in tow? :smalltongue:

Dispozition
2010-08-07, 08:56 PM
Chris Redfields biceps disagree with all your arguments, therefore making them invalid.

Also, because Jill is a Jill sandwich.

chiasaur11
2010-08-07, 10:01 PM
But can Chris suplex monks?

Because if he can't...

Dispozition
2010-08-08, 12:50 AM
Oh, snap...I forgot that Chris Redfield's biceps can't suplex...Oh god, what will he do now D: