PDA

View Full Version : 1 level dip in binder?

gallagher
2010-07-22, 03:39 PM
so i have been granted 1 level of free gestalt for first level in a game i am preparing to be in. we are level 6, and i was thinking of being some sort of martial build, or possibly cleric. i was thinking of making that free level of gestalt be a binder level, but i am not too familiar with pact magic.

so effectively i am looking at either Cleric 6//Binder 1 or Crusader 6//Binder 1. what vestige do you guys think i should choose, and what build would work best?

the rest of the party is a Ranger 4/Scout 2//Swordsage 1 and a Wizard 6//Rogue 1

Caphi
2010-07-22, 03:42 PM
so i have been granted 1 level of free gestalt for first level in a game i am preparing to be in. we are level 6, and i was thinking of being some sort of martial build, or possibly cleric. i was thinking of making that free level of gestalt be a binder level, but i am not too familiar with pact magic.

so effectively i am looking at either Cleric 6//Binder 1 or Crusader 6//Binder 1. what vestige do you guys think i should choose, and what build would work best?

the rest of the party is a Ranger 4/Scout 2//Swordsage 1 and a Wizard 6//Rogue 1

Do you get Improved Binding, or whichever it was that bumps up your accessible vestiges by a level? (I can never remember if IB is that one or the one that upgrades Bind Vestige.)

PId6
2010-07-22, 03:52 PM
Bind Naberius everyday for cleric. It gives you some great diplomatic abilities as well as Fast Healing for ability scores, which combines very nicely with Sanctified spell from BoED (Luminous Armor and its greater version being the best of them). Crusader can use it too at higher levels (Greater Divine Surge), but at lower levels it's less useful.

gallagher
2010-07-22, 04:19 PM
Bind Naberius everyday for cleric. It gives you some great diplomatic abilities as well as Fast Healing for ability scores, which combines very nicely with Sanctified spell from BoED (Luminous Armor and its greater version being the best of them). Crusader can use it too at higher levels (Greater Divine Surge), but at lower levels it's less useful.
well it looks like fast healing will help any class, so i wouldnt lose

Optimystik
2010-07-22, 04:20 PM
well it looks like fast healing will help any class, so i wouldnt lose

It's ability score fast healing. Not quite the same thing.

gallagher
2010-07-22, 05:23 PM
It's ability score fast healing. Not quite the same thing.

so building a hellfire warlock with this build would be very reasonable? we might not need the cleric because the ranger can use cure wands and though he went with archery, he also has a glaive for attacking and says he will be able to be a good melee guy when needed

Optimystik
2010-07-22, 05:26 PM
so building a hellfire warlock with this build would be very reasonable?

That is in fact the primary use for a Binder dip. In addition to Ability Healing through Naberius, Binder also gives a Warlock the necessary fort and will save boosts to enter Ur-Priest. This is the beginning of the standard Hellfire Ur-Lock build.

Escheton
2010-07-22, 05:34 PM
Don't get the feat that adds 2 binderlvls for what vestiges you can bind when only dipping 1 lvl. Lvl 2 vestiges suck.

Optimystik
2010-07-22, 05:41 PM
Don't get the feat that adds 2 binderlvls for what vestiges you can bind when only dipping 1 lvl. Lvl 2 vestiges suck.

Savnok and Dahlver-Nar aren't bad, actually. Both give you lots of durability, and DN makes you immune to Wisdom damage/drain to boot. (Laugh at Allips!)

Enguhl
2010-07-22, 05:54 PM
I would take the one that gives the dwarf armor movement personally. I can't recall the name right now, but it's super useful. Not to mention its other bonuses aren't terrible.

Optimystik
2010-07-22, 06:03 PM
I would take the one that gives the dwarf armor movement personally. I can't recall the name right now, but it's super useful. Not to mention its other bonuses aren't terrible.

That would be Aym. Her sundering ability is quite powerful as well for a melee binder.