PDA

View Full Version : Is there another source of information on Daelkar Half-Bloods besides Magic of Eberro

realbombchu
2010-07-22, 05:21 PM
I kind of like this race, and I would like to update it to v.4.0, but I don't know if I have enough information yet. I've been working on this for a while and want to finish up, so does anyone know a good source of info about them besides Magic of Eberron?

AslanCross
2010-07-22, 05:45 PM
MoE is the primary source of information on it. Since it's not OGL material, we can't really post links here.

I did find a complete writeup of it through Google, though.

Optimystik
2010-07-22, 06:00 PM
I think he has MoE and is just looking for more fluff on them.

I can't find much, save on the Daelkyr themselves, though.

realbombchu
2010-07-22, 06:09 PM
Bummer. Yeah, I have Magic of Eberron. I thought maybe with more info I could make the updated abilities better and more accurate.

Vizzerdrix
2010-07-22, 09:21 PM
Yeah. Daelkar Half-Bloods got no love in 3.5 and I don't expect them to even make it to 4.0 (Couldn't even let them grow their own living breastplate, could you WotC?! :smallfurious:). It sucks that the better symbionts have no price listed (Again, looking at you Living BP and Psi claws) and that they got no feat lovin' (what about growing an additional pet? PLeeeease :smallfrown:).

I wonder if Pathfinder would be allowed to use the race, or something similar?

Optimystik
2010-07-22, 09:31 PM
I wonder if Pathfinder would be allowed to use the race, or something similar?

"If it's in 3.5, it can work in Pathfinder."

It's not OGL (as Aslan explained) so Paizo can't write about it, but nothing is stopping you from running a Pathfinder campaign set in Eberron and bringing them in. Or even just making a similar race without all the Khyber connections in some other setting.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-22, 09:38 PM
psi claws??? sounds interesting where can I find that symbiont, I don't remember it on the ECS or MoE [/thread jack]

Claudius Maximus
2010-07-22, 09:42 PM
I think they can be found in the Fiend Folio, along with a few other early symbionts.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-22, 10:03 PM
I think they can be found in the Fiend Folio, along with a few other early symbionts.

That would explain why I don't know them... I forget the symbionts were not introduced in Eberron.... time to dig out the Fiend Folio.

[Finnish Thread jack]

Vizzerdrix
2010-07-24, 08:10 AM
"If it's in 3.5, it can work in Pathfinder."

It's not OGL (as Aslan explained) so Paizo can't write about it, but nothing is stopping you from running a Pathfinder campaign set in Eberron and bringing them in. Or even just making a similar race without all the Khyber connections in some other setting.

Drat. I was hoping they could be convinced to adopt the poor thing and give it some T.L.C. :smallsigh:

Optimystik
2010-07-24, 12:06 PM
Drat. I was hoping they could be convinced to adopt the poor thing and give it some T.L.C. :smallsigh:

It is as off-limits to Paizo as Warforged/Psiforged. But you could crib together some generic aberration/aberration-hunter fluff from Lords of Madness and homebrew a backstory yourself...

Prime32
2010-07-24, 12:16 PM
Symbionts need proper levels, maybe some mechanics to use them as familiars.

Zaq
2010-07-24, 02:37 PM
Yeah, the whole "EVERYTHING MUST HAVE A LEVEL" mentality of 4e would actually work really well with symbionts (and thus DH-B). It would be hard to put into the formula of other 4e races, but it could definitely work if you were willing to squint.

(Diseases having levels still makes me chuckle. "Be honest, Doc... how bad is it?" "I'm afraid... it's level 12. There's... not much I can do.")

Optimystik
2010-07-24, 02:43 PM
(Diseases having levels still makes me chuckle. "Be honest, Doc... how bad is it?" "I'm afraid... it's level 12. There's... not much I can do.")

"Take two of these. Save ends."

realbombchu
2010-07-24, 03:39 PM
Symbionts need proper levels, maybe some mechanics to use them as familiars.

I agree. I wish I was up to the task of fixing the 3.5 edition version, but alas I'm not that good at designing yet. I hope my 4th edition version will be a hit when I finish it though.