PDA

View Full Version : thoughts

DragonsAion
2010-07-22, 07:16 PM
heres a build I came up with after looking over the board and was wondering if you could help flesh it out a bit.

the build is spellthief 1/ wizard 4/ spellwarp sniper 5/ unseen seer 10.

the feats that I have so far for the build are point blank shot, master spellthief, practiced spellcaster, and darkstalker.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-22, 11:00 PM
Generally, you'll want to take the levels in Unseen Seer first to nab Hunter's Eye and a couple of Ranger spells from Spell Compendium that auto-crit with ranged attacks and similar such shenanigans.

You don't actually need practiced spellcaster to overcome the penalties from Unseen Seer on non-divination caster level due to the wording of master spellthief bypasses it.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of Spellwarp Sniper, as I'd rather use TWFing to get me the DPS I want from all them sneak attacks. It's more a personal thing, though.

Darkstalker ist nice, though. Extend Spell and Persistent Spell are both must-haves for things like Hunter's Eye, Wraithstrike (assuming you want to melee), and whatever X Strike spells you have to bypass sneak attack immunity without blowing your swift action in combat.

I also suggest taking whatever the Assassin Spell in Complete Scoundrel is - I want to say "Healer's Vision" - as it gives some more bonuses to sneak attacks.

Craven is also a solid choice to take. You have the will save for the -2 penalty, and it's basically power attack for sneak attack users.

I may also just link you to a handbook, assuming my Google-Fu gets you there.

DragonsAion
2010-07-23, 01:04 AM
yeah, he going to be a ranged fighter more then anything else so I think I have an idea how it's going to go for the feats, but my feat and class fu is not as strong as yours and the rest of the forums so I thought I would ask.

I knew that master spellthief let me stack caster levels but i didn't know it over came the -3 from USS.

Harperfan7
2010-07-23, 01:19 AM
What is a spellwarp sniper?

DragonsAion
2010-07-23, 01:21 AM
see complete scoundrel, page 64.

basicly it's a PRC that lets you turn your spells into rays.

Greenish
2010-07-23, 01:30 AM
I may also just link you to a handbook, assuming my Google-Fu gets you there.This one (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1240.0), for example.