PDA

View Full Version : Lord Necropolitan ( some help )

Kurtmuran
2010-07-22, 11:00 PM
hello me again me and a friend of me want to do some boses for my dungeon they have the name of lords, who can be in the ravenloft compagin, and some monsters manuals, the question is we need homebrew an Lord Necropolitan
some help plz

Morph Bark
2010-07-23, 03:37 AM
Use Lich and remove some abilities? If you're asking for one already made, then I can't help with that, haven't seen one.

jiriku
2010-07-23, 11:59 AM
If you have or can get Libris Mortis, there are plenty of interesting undead in there that can serve as boss monsters in a dungeon.

If you don't have Libris Mortis, I'd suggest you just work with MMI. For example, take a ghast, advance it to 8 HD, then start adding class levels in your favorite melee class like barbarian, and you'll have a fearsome monster. For a stealthy boss, advance a wight to 8 HD, then add levels in rogue or ranger (choose PC races for the favored enemies). Ghosts, greater shadows, dread wraiths, and advanced spectres are also good boss monsters, because they can use their incorporeal nature to keep PCs from ganging up on them or surrounding them. That helps them last when they're outnumbered (which boss monsters usually are).

Morph Bark
2010-07-23, 01:35 PM
Considering the Necropolitan is in Libris Mortis, the group likely has access to it.

DracoDei
2010-07-23, 04:00 PM
Take an Undying Councilor (Eberron) and swap out the necessary things to make it undead instead of deathless?

Magicyop
2010-07-23, 05:02 PM
Well, I've never really homebrewed before, but how about this:

Necropolitan Lord

A necropolitan lord has skin which looks wrinkled and stretched, as if it doesn't quite fit him. He is pale in all respects, his hair, his skin, even his lips are all a bleached white. He exudes an odor of dust, as if he hasn't a drop of water in his body. His eyes are a deep, swirling blue, without pupils, but without any shine in them, like they are cold, dry stones resting in his face. He wears regal clothing and walks with an aura of extreme confidence.

Necropolitan Lord is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid or monstrous humanoid (referred to hereafter as the base creature), providing it can complete the Ritual of Grand Crucimigration.
A necropolitan lord speaks any languages it knew in life, and it has all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
Size and Type: The creature's type changes to undead, and it gains the augmented subtype. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.
Hit Dice: Increase to d12.
Armor Class: A necropolitan lord gains a natural armor bonus of +7.
Special Attacks: A necropolitan lord retains all the special attacks of the base creatures and gains those described below.
Withering Touch(Su): A necropolitan lord's dry touch withers living flesh and deals 2d6 points of desiccation damage to living creatures.
Profane Presence(Su): A necropolitan lord's dealing with the forces of evil has left it tainted, and that taint rubs off on everything around it. Creatures within 20 ft. of a necropolitan lord must make a will save or be treated as if their alignment was evil. (they keep the lawful-chaotic portion of their alignment.)
Special Qualities: A necropolitan lord retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.
Resist Control(Ex): Necropolitan lords have a +4 profane bonus on their will saving throws to resist the effects of a control undead spell.
Turn Resistance(Ex): A necropolitan lord has +4 turn resistance.
Unnatural Resilience(Ex): A necropolitan lord automatically heals hit point damage and ability damage at the same rate as a living creature. The Heal skill has no effect on a necropolitan lord, but negative energy heals them.
Fast Healing(Su): Necropolitan lords have fast healing 10.
Damage Reduction(Su): A necropolitan lord has DR 15/slashing and magic.
Immunities: Necropolitan lords are immune to cold, fire, and polymorph effects(though they can use polymorph spells on themselves).
Spells: A necropolitan lord can cast any spells it could while it was alive.
Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Str +2, Dex -2, Con N/A, Int +4, Wis +4, Cha +4.

The Ritual of Grand Crucimigration
This ritual resembles the ritual of crucimigration used to become a regular necropolitan, but the creature must be placed on a pole standing upright in an empty bowl, into which will flow during the ritual all fluid in the petitioner's body. Upon finishing the ritual, there is a 5% chance per prepared but uncast [evil] spell that evil powers will hear you plea and choose to return you to unlife.
Instead of losing one level, you lose two.
If you are ever destroyed, you instead disperse into a rolling dust cloud which moves at half your normal speed per round and is immune to all damage. If this dust cloud is completely surrounded in a circle of water, it cannot pass this circle. (the dust cloud has only a land speed) If the necropolitan lord is surrounded by a circle of water only one size category larger than it, it dies in 1d4 days if the circle remains unbroken.

Otherwise, it reforms in 2d10 days wherever the dust cloud is. It may move, but may not attack, use items, or perform actions of any kind while it is not reformed.

I know it's not GREAT, but I hope it should fill your needs. I based it mainly on a zombie-lich with the necropolitan qualities.

Kurtmuran
2010-07-24, 11:57 AM
Well, I've never really homebrewed before, but how about this:

Necropolitan Lord

A necropolitan lord has skin which looks wrinkled and stretched, as if it doesn't quite fit him. He is pale in all respects, his hair, his skin, even his lips are all a bleached white. He exudes an odor of dust, as if he hasn't a drop of water in his body. His eyes are a deep, swirling blue, without pupils, but without any shine in them, like they are cold, dry stones resting in his face. He wears regal clothing and walks with an aura of extreme confidence.

Necropolitan Lord is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid or monstrous humanoid (referred to hereafter as the base creature), providing it can complete the Ritual of Grand Crucimigration.
A necropolitan lord speaks any languages it knew in life, and it has all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
Size and Type: The creature's type changes to undead, and it gains the augmented subtype. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.
Hit Dice: Increase to d12.
Armor Class: A necropolitan lord gains a natural armor bonus of +7.
Special Attacks: A necropolitan lord retains all the special attacks of the base creatures and gains those described below.
Withering Touch(Su): A necropolitan lord's dry touch withers living flesh and deals 2d6 points of desiccation damage to living creatures.
Profane Presence(Su): A necropolitan lord's dealing with the forces of evil has left it tainted, and that taint rubs off on everything around it. Creatures within 20 ft. of a necropolitan lord must make a will save or be treated as if their alignment was evil. (they keep the lawful-chaotic portion of their alignment.)
Special Qualities: A necropolitan lord retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.
Resist Control(Ex): Necropolitan lords have a +4 profane bonus on their will saving throws to resist the effects of a control undead spell.
Turn Resistance(Ex): A necropolitan lord has +4 turn resistance.
Unnatural Resilience(Ex): A necropolitan lord automatically heals hit point damage and ability damage at the same rate as a living creature. The Heal skill has no effect on a necropolitan lord, but negative energy heals them.
Fast Healing(Su): Necropolitan lords have fast healing 10.
Damage Reduction(Su): A necropolitan lord has DR 15/slashing and magic.
Immunities: Necropolitan lords are immune to cold, fire, and polymorph effects(though they can use polymorph spells on themselves).
Spells: A necropolitan lord can cast any spells it could while it was alive.
Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Str +2, Dex -2, Con N/A, Int +4, Wis +4, Cha +4.

The Ritual of Grand Crucimigration
This ritual resembles the ritual of crucimigration used to become a regular necropolitan, but the creature must be placed on a pole standing upright in an empty bowl, into which will flow during the ritual all fluid in the petitioner's body. Upon finishing the ritual, there is a 5% chance per prepared but uncast [evil] spell that evil powers will hear you plea and choose to return you to unlife.
Instead of losing one level, you lose two.
If you are ever destroyed, you instead disperse into a rolling dust cloud which moves at half your normal speed per round and is immune to all damage. If this dust cloud is completely surrounded in a circle of water, it cannot pass this circle. (the dust cloud has only a land speed) If the necropolitan lord is surrounded by a circle of water only one size category larger than it, it dies in 1d4 days if the circle remains unbroken.

Otherwise, it reforms in 2d10 days wherever the dust cloud is. It may move, but may not attack, use items, or perform actions of any kind while it is not reformed.

I know it's not GREAT, but I hope it should fill your needs. I based it mainly on a zombie-lich with the necropolitan qualities.

like it thanks