PDA

View Full Version : charisma bonus template

Harris the Ford
2010-07-23, 12:05 AM
I'm looking for a template that I can aquire at level 15 that will increase my charisma. I'm a paladin/ cavalier with near limitless funds.

Rixx
2010-07-23, 12:13 AM
"Charisma-touched", from the Elemental Plane of Charisma. Gives +8 Charisma and a +5 competence bonus on all Charisma related skill checks. LA - 3.

It's going to be in my latest OGL supplement, "Seriously, more planetouched". Alternately, you could play a Charismator, a Planetouched from the plane that gets an additional +2 Charisma per hit die.

Harperfan7
2010-07-23, 01:14 AM
In Defenders of the Faith, there was a spell for clerics that would give them the half-celestial template for a time.

If you bought an item that granted you that spell, maybe permanently, you could basically buy the half-celestial template which grants +4 charisma that I think stacks with a cloak of charisma.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-23, 02:35 AM
Some Dragon magazine also has the Magic-blooded template. Skinny on it is +0 LA for -2 Wis and +2 Cha.

Ajadea
2010-07-23, 02:48 AM
Magic-blooded Draconic Lesser Aasimar is +6 Cha, +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 LA and some other minor spell-like abilities.

Magic-blooded Feytouched Gold Dwarf is another +6 Cha (with -2 Wis), +1 LA, stack of templates. Or use the start of the feytouched template here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a), and the result is a dwarf with some nice immunities, +6 Cha, -2 Wis, various inconsequential abilities, and a heck of a backstory.

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-23, 02:55 AM
Magic-blooded Draconic Lesser Aasimar is +6 Cha, +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 LA and some other minor spell-like abilities.

Note that lesser aasimar is only available by DM allowance. It is not a race distinct from aasimars, and only one is available in any game. While optimization groups tend to pretend the normal aasimar doesn't exist for some reason (they actually make for great Alter Self targets), if your DM uses the usual version of aasimar, you can't use lesser aasimar.

At least, according to Player's Guide to Faerun, the book that introduced the lesser planetouched.

Roc Ness
2010-07-23, 05:26 AM
Magic-blooded Feytouched Gold Dwarf

Hang on, Feytouched is a base race, not a template...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-07-23, 07:12 AM
Paladin, eh? Check out the Saint template in BoED. You could also gradually gain the Half-Fey template (http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) by spending two levels toward its +2 LA.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-23, 07:17 AM
What is the LA limit? Half Nymphs get +4 cha (and some other stuff), and a slightly weaker nymph ogle of doom.

Harris the Ford
2010-07-23, 09:00 AM

Any idea how I would go about acquiring a a template like that?

Paladin, eh? Check out the Saint template in BoED. You could also gradually gain the Half-Fey template by spending two levels toward its +2 LA.

Oh yeah, Paladin of Tyranny. should have specified.
inb4 CoI

Thiramon
2010-07-23, 12:27 PM
There's also the Phrenic Creature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm) Template.

Some of its natural powers might come quite handy. ;)

Regards,

Thiramon

Tyger
2010-07-23, 01:16 PM
Firesouled from Dragon Magazine is nice - LA+1, Cha +4, along with the Leadership feat for free and a dash of Haste on top.

Boci
2010-07-23, 01:55 PM
Firesouled from Dragon Magazine is nice - LA+1, Cha +4, along with the Leadership feat for free and a dash of Haste on top.

I heard crystalkeep mistyped the LA and that it was actually +3.

Darrin
2010-07-23, 03:48 PM
Any idea how I would go about acquiring a a template like that?

Magic-Blooded is a racial template from Dragon #306. It's an inherited template (something you're born with), so it's not really something you can acquire mid-campaign without a wee bit of rule-bending.

Half-Fey is a pretty strong LA +2 template (+4 Cha, flight, various SLAs and charm person at will) that you could conceivably apply in-game with a suitable ritual, curse, artifact, etc. This Savage Progression article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) on racial template classes allows you to "buy" the template as two "class levels". It mentions that it's usually inherited, but can occasionally be obtained through other means by individuals who put in the effort to study dark fey magic.

elonin
2010-07-23, 03:56 PM
Are you looking to increase your saves or turn attempts? If you are cash rich there may be easier ways to do what you want.

Andion Isurand
2010-07-23, 04:18 PM
Obah-Blessed template from Dungeon Magazine 136 can give you two extra pairs of arms, Multi-weapon Fighting as a bonus feat, as well as +4 Str, +6 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Cha... for a +3 LA

senrath
2010-07-23, 04:50 PM
I heard crystalkeep mistyped the LA and that it was actually +3.

You heard correctly. Firesouled is indeed a +3LA template.

Harris the Ford
2010-07-23, 05:27 PM
Are you looking to increase your saves or turn attempts? If you are cash rich there may be easier ways to do what you want.

The saves and the like are all secondary to the real reason, my dm has made it bleedingly apparent that Divine rank is going to be achievable after level 20 (got to kill a deity or possible the BBEG to get to 0) and I noticed many of the prereqs were CHA 29 and I wanted to get that without having to use wishes for stat bump and an epic cloak of charisma. ATM I have a 17 cha (lvl 15) so by level 20 that will bump up to 21 (+2 from my PrC and +2 natural growth). I was looking for a quick and dirty way to get some more and another player in our group just acquired lycanthropy and got like a +6 to dex and all sort of other cool stuff, I was wondering if there was anything like that for charisma.

Tyger
2010-07-23, 06:29 PM
You heard correctly. Firesouled is indeed a +3LA template.

What issue of Dragon is that in anyway? I thought LA+1 was way too low for the benefits of it, but none of my crew has Dragon magazine subscriptions. May be worth it to buy one of those Dragon Compendium issues after all.

senrath
2010-07-23, 06:33 PM
Dragon 314, if I'm not mistaken.

Ajadea
2010-07-23, 06:48 PM
Well, Draconic Creature specifically states that, while it is normally an inherited template, some creatures are bio-engineered to possess draconic blood.