PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of Thieves Guild (IC)

Erad
2010-07-23, 07:47 AM
The Keep

Everything was calm here, at the worst tavern of Anverin. Petty thieves were drinking stinky beer and cheap wine, half-naked harlots tried to find their clients for day, unwilling to be sick alone, two drunkards - an elf and a dwarf were fighting to death with knives, drunken halfling was singing old rude song about a drow girl who got herself locked in the dungeon with twenty orcs, who haven't seen a woman for the year. Everything was the same.

City guards almost never came here, and dark deeds were happening in the Keep. Agreements between smugglers and drug dealers, recruitment to the criminal organizations, bribes, hiring of assassins - the purpose of the Keep was to allow those things to run smoothly.

Today the inn hall was full of people. But some of them, so different, but so similar as criminals, got a strange letter. A beautiful, although "not fresh" waitress brought a strange letter to them, refusing to say who gave it to her.

Each letter said:

In ten minutes, go upstairs and enter the third room to the right. Ask no questions before and don't try to leave the Keep without talking to me. Shall you do so, you will die. If you do come, however, I will offer you a good deal.

A possible friend

Adunatar
2010-07-23, 08:05 AM
The guy threatens to kill me, and then gives me his whereabouts? This sounds so stupid, I'm speechless, - thought the gnome. - This "contact" of mine didn't sound so gullible the last time... assuming it's the same person, that is. Should probably scout the place ahead, there might be several of them...

With these thoughts, gnome finished his watery beer (no decent fare in this ****hole, no sir... but then again - best shady deals in the whole city!), picked up his backpack from the floor, and, pausing momentarily to invoke something, moved on, eyeballing the hall for anything suspicious. Reaching the top of the flight of stairs, he blended into shadows, creeping forward cautiously...

Spiderwalk on self. When upstairs, move over to the ceiling, taking 10 on Hide (36), MS (30), Spot(18) and Listen(18), then move slowly towards the room, staying well away from it, and see if anyone else enters it or exits.

SlyJohnny
2010-07-23, 10:54 AM
Sergeant Hooper of the Anverin City Guard enters the tavern cautiously, but not nervously; he wears an expression that says he's alert to the possibility of being hit by an ill-placed flying chair, but also that he has every right to be here and you'd better stop staring if you know what's good for you, chum. He's not openly wearing his usual badge, but his dusty chain vest bears the logo of the city guard, as well as his rank insignia. He's not wearing his usual face, either, but then guardsmen so seldom choose to come here, it's a safe bet that it's not someone who just randomly wandered in.

Hooper passes by two men openly conducting a drug deal, and shrugs at them to show he's harmless. He advances to the bar and orders a lager, sipping it like he's really earned it. When the letter comes, Hooper reads it with a scowl. What's this, then? Might be the offer I was after, might just be a set up for mugging. Hard to say. he thinks.

He sips his lager and orders another one when he's nearly done, and keeps a discreet eye on the pretty waitress as she bustles around, trying not to let her see. He wants to see who else she secretly passes letters to in the next ten minutes.

((Taking 10 on the Spot check if needed, for 19.))

Jesse Drake
2010-07-23, 11:14 AM
Mr. Patches-

A small silver furred cat, with black and white stripes, walks around the bar. He's got an unusual appearance. On his hands are a pair of gloves, and on his feet, a pair of boots- though if you called him Mittens or Boots or Socks or anything like that, you'd end up with a fiercely clawed jugular. He also had a backpack on, and wore an eyepatch- on his right eye.

This was Mr. Patches. To the ignorant, he seemed to be some sort of mascot around these parts. But anyone who knew left from right knew Patches was a deadly foe, and the last person you wanted to leave your wallet near.

Patches heads towards the drug dealers. They were sure to have something going on. He tries to search the small area for any loose coins or drugs.

[roll0] Search and [roll1] Sleight of Hand.

Gray Mage
2010-07-23, 12:39 PM
Blake Shortshadow

A small halfling dressed enterely in shades of gray enters the tavern, he isn't very distinguishable, except for his gloves and his black beret, but if you paid attention you'd notice that the shadows fluter around him,as if to conceal and protect him.

A job offer and a threat at the same time?And they not even tried to mask what would happen if he dismissed the offer.-he thinks.But even so Blake knew he could use a good offer, besides he wasn't looking for trouble, not this early in the day.

Hmm,they seem confident that I wouldn't leave or even talk,maybe there is someone watching me?Blake discreatly looks around to see if there is someone shady shadier observing him and their intentions.
Ok that would be a spot check and a sense motive one,if you think it's apropriate.
spot [roll0]
sense motive [roll1]

Strawberries
2010-07-23, 12:48 PM
Jadvig

A slim drow is sitting at a table, sipping some wine and scanning the room. Jadvig has amongst his possessions an hat to disguise his appearance, but he chose not to wear it in the tavern. This is one of the places where people wouldn’t pay much attention to a drow. To the external observer, he shows the usual look of arrogant superiority that is somehow typical of his species. In reality, even if he’d never admit to anyone, least of all himself, he is sulking. His plan should have worked, and he can’t figure out what went wrong.
When he gets the letter, however, he smirks. It seems someone thinks to hire his services. That’s not unusual, and the wording of the letter doesn’t bother him that much, as he is confident he can deal with whatever situation awaits him. However, he keeps his eyes and ears open to see if he can spot someone who is taking a special attention to him.

[roll0] [roll1]

Rannil
2010-07-23, 12:59 PM
In a dark corner and heavily in disguise Lucia read the letter and wondered. Did they found me, or is this letter send to poor dead Markus? Stealing faces always gave new opportunities. Lucia smiled and decided to follow through, if things go wrong she had more tricks to escape then poor Markus had.

To fill those ten minutes she spend observing the other guests and afterward she will go upstairs.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

I prefer rolling over taking when I have zero bonuses.

Gray Mage
2010-07-23, 03:11 PM
Making a knowledge(local) check to see if I recognise anyone.
[roll0]

Erad
2010-07-25, 10:53 AM
Shem decided to hide near the room that appeared in the letter. He hid on a strange place - on a ceiling, waiting for someone to enter or leave it.

Sergeant Hooper tried to see who else received the letter. He was successful, he quickly identified others who received it: a strange gnome, some kind of sentient human-like cat, a human girt, a halfling and a drow. He couldn't even think who was the most strange among them. The cat? The drow? While he was looking around, the gnome headed upstairs and the cat tried to pickpocker one of the drug sellers.

Patches managed to steal two strange green pills, without anyone noticing.

All others failed to spot or hear something specific, as well as recognize each other.

Jesse Drake
2010-07-25, 11:21 AM
Satisfied, Patches checks to see what time it is. If it's close to the time he needs to be upstairs at, he'll wait at the feet of the stairs. And he'll head on up, nonchalantly, as a cat would, at the appropriate time.

SlyJohnny
2010-07-25, 12:08 PM
Hooper blinks in surprise, then he grins. Eeyup, lookit this lot! If it ain't a 'who's who' of young, up-and-coming thieves and grifters and badniks! Ain't a go at a mugging, then. Think I arrested that halfling last month... and then let him go as soon as we were round a corner. He had coin to spare, and that merchant he was pinching from was a lardass. Scrappy little feller. Liked him.

And that proud-lookin' drow... Jadevis? Jaddyvig? Summat fancy and Elven like that. He's a sorcerer assassin, he is. But not a real mean one, from what I hear. Well. Maybe I'd best say hello.

Hooper buys himself another lager and also a honey mead, and asks the waitress to refill Jadvyg's glass and put it on Hooper's tab. When he sees that the waitress is on her way to pour the drow his free wine, he carries both his mugs over to the table Blake is standing nearest, setting the honeymead down in front of the halfling as he takes a seat on the side opposite him.

"Hullo, Mister Shortshadow, good to see you well! You been keeping out of trouble?" he says, briefly brandishing the letter he received before tucking it away under his shirt.

Strawberries
2010-07-25, 12:58 PM
When the waitress arrives at his table with the free wine, Jadvyg frowns at her, demanding to know who sent it to him. When she points at Hooper, he walks confidently to the table where he sat, bringing the wine with him, but without drinking it - drow know better than to drink from unidentified sources.
That is a guardsman. What's he doing in this place and what could he want from me?

"What is the meaning of this?" he asks, glaring, as if the glass of wine had personally insulted him. The snake curled around his arm hisses and seems to glare as well.

SlyJohnny
2010-07-25, 01:28 PM
Hooper smiles up at the drow, though it changes into a worried little frown when the poisonous little snake hisses at him, fangs dripping venom. He raises his open hands in a concilatory gesture. "Easy there, chum. Why don't you have a seat?"

Hooper pushes out a stool with his foot, though he doesn't actually expect the drow to consent to sit down.

"I saw you got a letter, same as me." He slowly and deliberately reaches into his vest for his letter, making it clear he's not going for a weapon, and briefly flashes it at the drow. He gestures to the halfling, "I was just about to say to my friend, here... seems like we don't know if this is a trap or not. Seems like we should go up together. Watch each other's backs. If it comes to a fight, we fight together. Got not reason to trust each other maybe, but it's got to be better then being with your back to a wall all alone, right?"

He takes a sip of his lager. "Though from what I've heard about you two, that'd be more or less what you're used to, now, wouldn't it? Still. I'm a good friend to have. M'name's Hooper. You can drop the 'sergeant', seeing as we're all good mates here."

Rannil
2010-07-25, 01:48 PM
Hoping that no one will see her, Lucia makes some really minor changes. She changed her eye color and places a scar just under her hairline, not visible. If they where after Markus, she would pretend to be the brother of Markus. Although she was pretty sure Markus had no brother where he ever spoke off she hoped that who ever send that letter wasn't close to Markus.

Then she stands up and walks up the stairs, barely noticing a cat but she had bigger things at her mind, and looks at the third door at her right. She takes a deep breath and then walks towards the door and opens it...

Gray Mage
2010-07-25, 03:10 PM
When Hooper sits oposite to him."Hey there sarge,didn't recognize you for a moment and no need to be so formal,after all we're pals,right?Heh,you know how it's like,a life without sum trouble is way too boring for me."And take a sip of ale, while grinning.

Then a rather agressive drow appears,asking something about the wine,altought Blake didn't understand what is was about."Err,that's probably wine,pal,but knowing this place, I wouldn't be so sure too."-says the small halfling,stressing the probably and laughfing afterwards,which seems to be his way of saying a joke.
"Don't think I know you.Blake is the name,but most my friends call me Shorty or something like that.Shouldn't take things too seriously,you,besides it's allways good to have the sarge at your side when there's trouble.I know that.Blake is trying to calm Jadvyg,because if a bar fight happened now, they could kiss the offer goodbye.

Strawberries
2010-07-25, 03:11 PM
As predictable, Jadvyg doesn't sit down, looking at Hooper with narrowed eyes and scoffing at his words. Foolish human a part of his mind provides, almost as a knee-jerk reaction. Should it come to a fight, everyone would be on his own. Still, thinking about it from a surfacer's perspective, what he was saying made sense - but of course he isn't about to say it out loud.

"I am going." he replies "If you wish to come, you are free to."

SlyJohnny
2010-07-25, 04:16 PM
Hooper nods. He rises from his seat, a greatsword sheathed in a leather scrabbard gripped in his hand, attached to a large, thick leather belt. He throws it over his back and then buckles it up diagonally over his shoulder and across his chest. "I think we might, at that. Lead on, if you like. Come on then, Blake, let's go find some trouble."

Hooper will move up to the room assuming the other two do, whether following the drow's lead or taking the lead himself.

Gray Mage
2010-07-25, 04:48 PM
"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today,doesn't he?"Blake comments as the drow leaves.

"Sarge,you read my mind".He will empty his mug and follow Hooper's lead,preparing his shortswords in case they're needed,but otherwise seems calm and,principally, curious.

Adunatar
2010-07-25, 09:27 PM
Shem managed to hear the angry exchange that was happening downstairs, but couldn't pick out the specifics, so he decided to ignore it for now. He also did notice a lady entering the room he kept a watch on - he remember seeing her before, and wondered whether she could be the letter author, but then decided against it - too obvious. Still, it was a good idea to listen to what's going on in the room, so he took out his listening cone, moved to be directly above the room entrance, and went on to eavesdrop...

Erad
2010-07-26, 10:17 AM
One by one, bandits entered the said room. It was small, like any other room in the Keep and had only a bed, a table and a stool inside. And it was empty, there was no one inside. Or maybe he was there, unseen? Or was he waiting for everyone to assemble?

Gray Mage
2010-07-26, 10:58 AM
Blake will enter the room and lean in the wall next to the door.Is this sum kind of test?Are we supposed to find him?He will pay attention to see if he can see or hear something, while paying attention to his fellow "commerades"(sp?).?
"So, what do you guys think is goin on?"

Spot and listen to look for someone hidden in the room.
Spot [roll0]
Listen[roll1]

Adunatar
2010-07-26, 11:02 AM
DM: yeah, thanks for the not-so-subtle hint :smallwink: Sometimes the roleplay does get in the way of the planned flow of adventure, so let's just move on.

Finally, the curiosity took over Shem's cautiousness, and he entered the room last.

Strawberries
2010-07-26, 11:06 AM
Jadvig says nothing at the moment, except for a couple of muttered words in drow that certainly are not terms of endearment. He too looks around the room in case someone is hidden there or if there are any passages from which one could spring an ambush.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Rannil
2010-07-26, 11:31 AM
Lucia waves to the drow entering the room. "'Ello Mister Drow.You da letter writer?" She ask while she notices more people behind the drow. 'I don't hope they all are angry at poor Markus, what kind of friends and enemies did he had?' She thought to herself. She looks around quickly, searching for any kind of escape route.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Adunatar
2010-07-26, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I've been wonderin' as to who brought me here, too, - added gnome, watching everyone warily, ready to give flight at any sign of the hostilities.

Spot [roll0] and Listen [roll1] to notice anything (and anyone) worth of attention in the room

SlyJohnny
2010-07-26, 12:32 PM
Hooper looks around, slowly drawing his greatsword."Come on out then, let's 'ave yer. We're all here, and you'd best pitch your offer before we decide it was all just a joke."

Erad
2010-07-28, 01:16 PM
Like as reply to Hoopers words, a halfling emerged from the shadows.

- "I greet you fellow bandits", - he said.

Despite halfling's small frame and height, even the drugged orc would hesitate before laughing at him. The halfling was wearing pitch black leather armor and leather pants. On his belt were two deadly looking daggers and a set of throwing knives were resting on the band upon his shirt. Eyes of the halfling were scary. When you looked deep inside them, you could feel like you are facing a dangerous monster, hungry for human (or any other) flesh.

- "I hope that one of you will insult me, so the others could see my skills", - he said and after a short pause, continued, - "My name is Niarl and I represent Night Gatherers. And I wanted you here for a reason. Why?

Let's start with you Mister Patches. I know of your problems... and of your skill. I want to offer you a deal - you let us use your skills and in exchange we'll try to help you solve your problems. Do you understand me?

Hooper! You was a helpful hand for us for the long time! Whuy not join us officially? I promise, you won't regret this!

As for you, my dear drow, I can offer you what you need now the most - a shelter from the wrath of your brothers. And other interested people.

And even more strange creature... no I won't reveal who are you, dear Lucia. But if you are looking for someone to whom you wish to offer your... abilities, I am your man.

Now about you gnome! I heard of your success and I want to offer you a place in my organization as well.

And you my halfling brother, we are always needed in an organization like Night Gatherers.

Now you all heard my offer. Since no one of you ever crossed us, you are free to reject my offer. But if you will join I'll bring you to riches!"

Rannil
2010-07-28, 01:48 PM
Lucia turned towards halfling half in surprise of hearing her name, half in fear because he knew her identity.."Who..." stammered Lucia. Then she takes a deep breath. "...Is Lucia?" She tries, but already knew it was pointless. Only a select few knew that name and whoever this halfling was, they either had been tracking her for years, or really knew how to dig up someones past. She didn't like the look too and decided to just play the 'wrong gender card'. "Name's Lucius, greetings, almost correct but you have surprised me, I guess you know a lot more about me. Especially about my changing nature? I'm intrigued, Niarl, but let me ask the obvious. How do we know we can trust you? And what's the pay? What's the catch? And what's the guild's specialty?"

Adunatar
2010-07-28, 01:58 PM
- Okay, now we're talking business, my dear fellow, - replied gnome with a slight nod, in a mellow voice, as if he was talking about some grain delivery affair (though - who knows?).

- I appreciate the attention to my humble persona, and hope we'll be able to work together towards a mutually beneficial business relationship. Yes, my recent enterprise has been quite... successful, and I'll be thrilled to extend the same special offer that was offered the last customer, to you as well.

SlyJohnny
2010-07-28, 02:29 PM
Hooper stares curiously at Lucia as her name is announced. He eventually looks away and doesn't give voice to any musings he may have, though, and as he's interested enough to hear the halflings sales pitch, he decides to keep quiet for n-

"Wait. Mr Patches? The moggy? You're offering the cat a job too?"

He turns, looking dumbly at the cat. He always thought it was way too big to be a mere housecat, but still... he stares at Mr Patches for a moment, uncomprehending. Then he decides to just accept.

"...Well alright then. Er, congratulations on the job offer, cat."

Jesse Drake
2010-07-28, 02:53 PM
"I'm no cat- I've yet to meet a single one in this damn world capable of keeping conversation, I can tell you that!" squeaked Patches in a slightly masculine voice. Then he cleared his throat, and stood up on two legs. "As for the job offer, my skills don't come cheap- for I accept only one form of payment." He reaches into his glove and pulls out a large sized sapphire, before carefully reinserting it and sealing it back into the mystic clothes. "So, if my terms are understood- and I deem the pay worth it, I would help you steal the knickers from one of the Grand Empresses Guards- even through their armor."

Strawberries
2010-07-28, 04:59 PM
Ignoring, at the moment, the cat and the guardsman Jadvyg steps forward, closer to the halfling. Only those who can read emotions well could tell he is intrigued.
"The name" he replies, icily "Is Jadvyg, not "drow". And I do not need protection" That's a big, fat lie, of course, but you don't survive by showing weakness where Jadvyg is from. "But what if I said I'd accept? As- " a pause, looking at Lucia, trying to decide the correct gender pronoun to use " -he said, what would the catch be?"

Gray Mage
2010-07-28, 05:47 PM
Blake will remain where he is, only demonstrating surprise when Mr. Patches stood up and talked. Seeing a cat talk meant that things where going to get very interesting. Or that the barmaid had slipped something in his drink. Meh, anyway things would be very, very good.
He also wanted to know what was the catch, but as more than one person already pointed it out, he didn't fell the need to repeat the question and stood quietly, with a smirk in his face.

Erad
2010-07-29, 10:22 AM
"The catch?", asked Niarl, "You will completely and officially become criminals, hunted by the law. Also, you will no longer spend all your findings - you'll have to bring them to me... or whoever will become your boss. As for us, we will shelter you when the need comes and help you to deal with other organizations that can cause you problems. Or if you need specific items (he looked at Mr. Patches) we can help you get them. Our guild deals with many things, and we need all kind of specialists - thieves, assassins, diplomats, spies and others. Ah yes, another catch that if you ever cross us, you are dead. Our influence goes far beyond the city.

Our tasks are dangerous, but if you succeed, it will bring you untold riches!"

Rannil
2010-07-29, 10:54 AM
Lucia frowns. "Giving up all our loot, but getting untold riches? How does that work?"

Gray Mage
2010-07-29, 11:17 AM
"I guess they'll pay us for our services."Blake says while eyeing the halfling."But I think that the golden question is, can we trust you? I mean, how do we know you won't ditch us after doing some jobs? Most criminals aren't known for their honesty. "
He will pay attention how Niarl will react to this, trying to read him.
Sense motive check time. [roll0]

SlyJohnny
2010-07-29, 12:17 PM
Hooper chews on his lower lip for a second. Then he speaks,

"Being 'officially' a criminal isn't what I'm about. At all. I still want my job, if this doesn't work out. Besides, I can help things go more... smoothly, if we keep my influence quiet."

He taps the point of his greatsword against the floor. The greed for gold is clear in his eyes, but so is his anxiety.

"And as you ain't even given us a figure of what we'd be paid for a usual job, and all you have given us is a lot of threats, a lot of talk about how the Night Gatherers would own our hides... I'm thinkin' this is one I could walk away from. No hard feelings, and that."

Erad
2010-07-29, 12:29 PM
Halfling shrugged.

"Thieves keep a solid part of the loot they steal and assassins are rewarded handsomely, as well as diplomats. As for treachery, we punish those who betray us, but we never betrayed any of our agents (either truth or he lies too good). As for your question, Master Hooper, I'd only like if you keep your current profession. We prefer to stay in the shadows. Those who don't end up dead or in prison. As for payment for job - the lowest agents pay is a thousand gold pieces."

Jesse Drake
2010-07-29, 01:06 PM
"That's one sapphire-" States Patches, in a language incomprehensible to anyone- for it's a bunch of meows and hisses. "Well, is there room for advancement?" He asks, in common.

Gray Mage
2010-07-29, 01:20 PM
"Hmmm, what percentage is a 'solid part'?After hearing the answer he will nod. Ok...I suppose I'm in.

Adunatar
2010-07-29, 04:57 PM
Can't say I understood you, sir, - said gnome, - One minute, you want us to become official criminals, hunted by law. Next, you want Mr. Hooper to keep his respectable position in the City Watch. I do suspect that "official" was too strong a word, as I didn't have plans to get on the wrong side of this city's law, not officially, at least... you get my meaning?

Erad
2010-07-31, 12:07 PM
"Everyone can get from lower ranks to leader status. I was a minor assassin once myself. One third of the loot is yours. And perhaps I used too harsh word like "officially". Of course you will hide from the law and work quietly. What I meant is that you will become a part of the community."

Rannil
2010-07-31, 12:18 PM
She had heard of guilds like this before. Operating the shadow and access to many sources, she was pretty sure saying "no" wasn't a option. Lucia sighs. "I think I am interested, it's not like I got anything better to do. And it would be nice to be rice for once, instead stealing from the rich." She smiles, everything was better then her constant search for jobs that barely pay enough to live off. "I guess I am saying I accept your offer."

SlyJohnny
2010-07-31, 01:10 PM
Hooper smiles at the halfling. "That sounds like my speed. I like community, me."

He solemnly extends his hand to shake the assassins. "You got yourself a deal, Mister Niarl. You got already got a job lined up for us? Or will you be in touch?"

Strawberries
2010-07-31, 01:29 PM
Jadvyg is silent for a moment, thinking. He really can't return where he is from, and whatever backstabbing and doublecrossing there may be in this organization, it can be worse than what he is used to. "Very well" he answers. "I accept, too."

Jesse Drake
2010-07-31, 01:31 PM
The lot of them seemed to be in- and Patches had no reason to mistrust any of them- after all, he mostly dealt with shady individuals himself. The Grande Empress save the fool who doublecrossed him. He extends a paw to his employer, and says "Deal."

Adunatar
2010-08-01, 08:59 PM
Since I intend to continue with my, um, occupation, a fellowship like the one you describe, might prove to be useful on some occasions. I accept your deal, and looking forward to hear more details, as I feel there's the first assignment coming, am I right?

Erad
2010-08-04, 08:16 AM
In that case, are you ready to follow me to our headquarters? - asked Niarl.

Adunatar
2010-08-04, 08:51 AM
Lead the way, my good sir, - gnome stood up with a slight nod, ready to go.

Rannil
2010-08-04, 09:46 AM
"Of course we are. Or at least I am." Lucia said simply while she looks to the others while thinking: "Are they becoming my new companions? They all accepted..."

Gray Mage
2010-08-04, 11:43 AM
Sure, let's get this started. Blake says with a grin.

SlyJohnny
2010-08-04, 12:10 PM
Hooper nods. "Lead on, chief."

Jesse Drake
2010-08-04, 12:11 PM
Patches nods, and follows with the others.

Strawberries
2010-08-04, 04:39 PM
Jadvyg hesitates, then nods as well, following the others with his head held high.

Erad
2010-08-05, 09:30 AM
The halfling took adventurers though the whole area of Slums, to the large warehouse. He entered the warehouse, and adventurers followed him. Inside with a not-so large room, with crates and boxes near walls. Another halfling, though less dangerously looking was sitting there, near a table.

- May I help you... - he began, then recognized Niarl and bowed deeply, - Fresh blood? - he asked.

- Yep, new faces, - replied Niarl.

The second halfling pressed on a floor section near him and a part of the wall moved, revealing the hidden staircase up. When everyone got to the second level, they found themselves in a large room, looking like a part of the inn, with tables, bar and the like.

- Wait here, - warned Niarl and disappeared in one of the corridors.

After some time, he returned with human, elf and a gnome.

- As I said my name is Niarl and I am the leader and trainer of the assassins.
This long eared buddy is named Niratel. If you are a specialist of taking something what is not yours, he's your man. If you like it, but not skilled, again come to him.
Gnome Garius is a mechanic specialist. He can teach you to make traps - or you help him with that.
And this man is Origar. If your best weapon is your tongue and sweet talks, take his jobs.

Now, when you know us leaders, please free to choose whatever boss and mentor you like.

Adunatar
2010-08-05, 02:34 PM
Shem took his place at the Niarl's side.

Gray Mage
2010-08-05, 02:49 PM
Blake will likewise stand by Niarl's side. "I belive we halflings gotta stick together, right?"

SlyJohnny
2010-08-05, 02:55 PM
Hooper considers for a moment, then shrugs and wanders over to Origar and shakes his hand.

Strawberries
2010-08-05, 03:09 PM
Jadvyg scoffs at the thought of needing a mentor, then considers the situation for a moment. He was raised as an assassin, that is true, but he has always used his ability to talk himself out of difficult situations. He approaches Origar as well - of course he doesn't shake his hand, but looks at him with an arrogant look.

Erad
2010-08-07, 05:29 AM
- Before your leaders set you first tasks, maybe anyone wants to ask something? - said Niarl.

Gray Mage
2010-08-07, 01:22 PM
"Are we going to get paid for this first task, or is this just a test to see if we're good enough?"

Rannil
2010-08-07, 01:47 PM
While Lucia reluctant took place besides Origar. "They know my abilities, why this..." She looked a Niarl. "Yes... why the need of this. Just hand me a paper and I be on my merry way. You know what I am capable of... This just feels like pointless bureaucracy."

Erad
2010-08-08, 09:15 AM
- Of course you will get paid for everything. Now proceed to the training rooms with your leaders and you will be assigned first tasks.

Jesse Drake
2010-08-08, 10:10 AM
Patches drops to all fours, and follows the others to the training rooms. He's ready to learn any skill they might want to provide him with- so long as it's coming out of their gold.

Smiling whisker to whisker, he'll pull out the pills he snagged earlier, and examine them a bit closer now.

Gray Mage
2010-08-08, 05:02 PM
Blake will follow Niarl into the training room, eyesing his fellow teammates.

Erad
2010-08-10, 11:47 AM
Shem, Blake

Shem and Blake followed Niarl through the corridors to the large room, full of training dummies, noisy wooden floor and shelves with bottles on them.

- Here we assassins train, - said Niarl, - stealth, combat, the science of poisons and whatever you prefer! Should you need a lesson, I'll be happy to help you. But I guess for the very first mission, your skills would be enough.
If you accept, I'll get right to the point. One stupid merchant from the Market district refused to pay us protection money. More than that, he also captured our agent who tried to convince him and sent him to the guards. Liberating him isn't your business, what you need to do is to punish the merchant for his deed. But I still want to get money from him, dead can't pay. So your mission will be to "convince" him that he owes us by assassinating his wife and elder son. This job pays five hundred coins to each of you.

Questions?

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

The trio of new diplomats followed Origar to small neat office. This office, with luxury furniture could as well be a part of rich merchant's house and not in the organization of criminals.

Origar took a seat near a table and offered new recruits to sit in comfortable chairs.

- Before I start, I'd like to know a little more about you guys. Like what diplomacy skills you have and from where. I am asking because I want to be sure that you fit to the mission I want to send you to.

Patches

OOC: Who did you join?

Rannil
2010-08-10, 01:03 PM
Lucia smiles. "I steal faces and learned to stay in character." She changed her face to mimics Origar face. "And besides that I picked up all the basic tricks; sneaking, hiding, pickpocketing, intimidation, lying, detecting lies and haggling. Al learned from the streets." She continues, in Origar's voice.

SlyJohnny
2010-08-10, 01:40 PM
Hooper goggles at Lucia as she changes her face, then laughs. "Hah! And ten would get me five that you arn't using a spell or a magic hat or anything. Been a long while since I've see one of your kind."

Hooper looks back to their tutor. "I'm a guardsman. I know what kind of characters to lean on to find things out, and I'm good at showin' people they don't want to mess with me. I know when someone's spinning me a yarn, and I've managed to keep my captain thinkin' I'm a straight-edged bloke all these years, so I must not be too bad at it myself."

Adunatar
2010-08-10, 01:49 PM
Shem nodded approvingly.

- Name? House location? Any, um, valuables inside that are worth mentioning?

Jesse Drake
2010-08-10, 01:53 PM
Patches grins. "I think I'll take some of that mechanical training- you teach me your stuff, and maybe I can show you a thing or two about Gem Craft Vortexes..."

Gray Mage
2010-08-10, 02:22 PM
Blake will put a hand in his chin and think for a moment before answearing. "I think that our buddy here has asked most of them, but..." he pauses for a moment"Is he supposed to know who did this, or we should leave him in the dark?"

Strawberries
2010-08-10, 07:26 PM
Jadvyg looks at Lucia's little display, obviously interested, before looking back at Origar. He laughs, not a particularly amused sound, before answering "I am an assassin. And a drow." he says, as if that should explain anything "I am good at lying. I" he adds, the snake slithering around his shoulder "am also a sorcerer. I come with a vaste array of talents "

Erad
2010-08-12, 03:21 AM
Shem, Blake

- Don't reveal yourselves, - said Niarl, - after all we want him to pay us PROTECTION money! Let him find two corpses at the morning!

He lives at Market district, second street from the northern side, one floored house, third from the east-northern entrance. You'll find it, I can show it on the map of the district if you want (won't post actual map).

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

Origar stares at Lucia, then smiles.

- I guess you'll be the most useful to us.

He turns to Hooper.

- Yes, an ally in City Watch can be useful as well.

But you drow! - he turns to Jadvyg, - for someone like you it's hard to be a diplomat. Too many people will hate you and expect problems with you. Are you sure that you chose the right mentor?

Anyway, all of you are soon going to city prison.

He looked at adventurers, waiting for reply.

Patches

Yes, welcome mister ca... eh sorry, what's your name? - asked Garius when Patches entered a workshop, where men, gnomes and dwarves were crafting complex mechanisms.

- And tell me, did you ever hear about Fire Machine?

Strawberries
2010-08-12, 06:08 AM
Jadvyg scoffs, then retrieves an item from his belt, placing it over his head. His features change: he becomes slightly taller and more well-built, and the typical drow complexion fades into a coloring more suited for a surface elf.

Jadvyg is now a typical surface elf with brown hair and eyes and fair skin.
"They have every reason to hate drow" he replies "Elves, however, I've come to understand, are highly respected in your city" he crosses his arms, looking Origar in the eyes "Do you still think I'm not suitable for the task?"

Rannil
2010-08-12, 07:21 AM
Lucia rolls her eyes. "Hah, weak magic. Fools the commoners, but don't let them touch you then eh. Instead of some fancy illusions you should some transmutations, works a lot better." She clearly recognized the item used and sounds lightly annoyed.
Then she turns to Origar. "Prison eh, boring place, never been there. So sabotaging the whole bunch or just need one friend to get a free out of jail card?"

Adunatar
2010-08-12, 09:14 AM
Shem nodded, and turned to Blake.

- So, how do you prefer to handle it? Sneak in at night, get in through a window, kill, get out? Can you hide well?

OOC: I have Silence 1/day, and Darkness at will. If we know what we're doing, we should be neither seen, nor heard.

Jesse Drake
2010-08-12, 09:41 AM
Patches grins. "Call me Patches." He states. Then he smiles wide, his little whiskers twitching. "I've never heard- please- go on."

SlyJohnny
2010-08-12, 12:29 PM
Hooper is already thinking.

"If you want us to spring some mate of yours, the best way would be to get some transfer orders or release papers. I could probably... arrange it, like, but it'd be real pricey and I'd rather not owe noone no favours. Unless we make 'em ourselves. Are you two any good at forging? I can spot a poor fake from a mile off, but damned if I could do a better one myself."

He scratches his beard.

"Otherwise I could probably get us inside sayin' we need to question him, and we can fake some escape from there. So is it some bloke you need freeing, Mister Origar? Or something I havn't thought of?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-12, 04:28 PM
Blake will scrath his head a bit before answering.
"Sounds like a good plan, I have a little trick to help us get into the house and open from inside if needed, but... we can't let it look like just a murder,especially if the guy is also at home, too suspicious. If we could make it look like a robbery when he's out would be good. Don't you worry about hiding, I've done that a lot my whole life."

OOC: That's good. I can use shadow jaunt to enter anywhere if there's line of sight, so entering the house isn't hard. I also can use CoD, to be invisible during one turn, can get us a surprise round, but I'd need 5 minutes to ready it.

Erad
2010-08-13, 04:49 AM
Shem, Blake

Assassins were speaking among themselves.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

- No one ever escaped city prison, but some were freed due to... deals with guards. Since you are new, I won't entrust you with money to bribe guards. All I ask for is to prepare the ground, ask guards and find someone who will accept to take a bribe and liberate out friend. His name by the way is Kerd Jarra, he is a human like me.

Patches

- In the land beyond the great sea, one smart man invented a device that can spit fire, like a dragon. Their technology is much better then our and it is pure luck that they don't invade us. Anyway, they sent one their representative to sell plans of the machine. They probably decided not to catch attention with highly armed guards, so there are only a few of them. They keep plans in a house they rented, in Market district and I want you to get me those plans. The house will be probably highly trapped - they are good at that, that's why I need a specialist. You must do it not later then tomorrow night, before Emperor's representative arrives.

SlyJohnny
2010-08-13, 06:26 AM
Hoope nods. "I don't suppose you know the names of any prisoners on the same floor as him? Could help us. Other then that... anything else we should know? Or should we get started right away?"

Rannil
2010-08-13, 07:16 AM
Lucia thinks for a Moment and then turns to Hooper. "Maybe you could help us with some disguises. A couple of uniforms, a few faces to imitate and maybe some papers. So we can safely move around the prison and it makes it easier to mingle with the guards there."

Erad
2010-08-13, 07:27 AM
Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

I think he shares a cell with a halfling named Kado or something like that, - said Origar.

Jesse Drake
2010-08-13, 10:52 AM
"Oh yes... I can do that." Patches squeaks to his 'mentor'. "Should I leave right away?"

Erad
2010-08-13, 12:46 PM
Patches

- Yes, if you want so. One of our man will show you to the ambassador's house.

Erad
2010-08-16, 06:26 AM
OOC: If you are silent, I guess you are ready to start missions?

SlyJohnny
2010-08-16, 12:26 PM
Hooper

"Let's not waste daylight, then. You two should look like guardsmen... we'll all march down there, and I'll tell the blokes on the gate we need to go in and interrogate his cellmate. That'll get us in the door without any funny looks. Then you two can mooch about and generally do what you're good at, find just how well-paid the guards inside are feelin', that sort of thing. Sound like a plan?"

Hooper tries to remember anything he may have heard about the halfling Kado, and in particular if that's the correct name. (Knowledge: Local [roll0])

Strawberries
2010-08-16, 06:30 PM
Jadvyg visibly bristles at being ordered around, recognizes Hooper's as a good plan and for once, miraculously, keeps silent about the issue, just nodding.

OOC: Sorry for the lack of posts guys, America is beautiful, but tiring: most nights I just check up the Internet quickly before collapsing smalltongue:. (By the way I'm in DC now, and Jetblue has managed to mess up my baggage twice. :smallyuk: Let's hope third time is the charm. :smalltongue:) :smallbiggrin:.

Erad
2010-08-17, 11:08 AM
There is a petty young thief named Kano.

(We will start all missions at one time, as soon as everyone is ready).

SlyJohnny
2010-08-18, 12:28 PM
Hooper looks over Lucia. "I got a spare badge you can use. Whatever armor you wear will be fine enough, we don't all wear chain. For faces... eh, best way to do that is I just point out a couple of new watchmen on our way over and you can copy them, I'm no good at drawing. If we don't see any, I'll just describe 'em."

Erad
2010-08-19, 09:12 AM
Shem, Blake

Assassins found the target house quickly. It was a large villa with two floors. It was surrounded with ornamental metal fence, its height was about human height, maybe a little higher. There of course was a gate, probably guarded, for now the guard wasn't seen. The building itself was made from expensive stone and also it had glass windows - usually only nobles could allow such a luxury.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

The prison was a fortress, a large castle-like structure surrounded with four yards stone walls. The front gate was guarded by two men wearing plate armor. The first thing diplomats had to do is to get inside.

Patches

Unlike the two structures other criminals encountered, Patches found only a small building, with only one level and without outer fence or wall. But yes, there was one guard on the room, who was fortunately looking on the other side. The door was made of cheap wood, and a few windows seemed to be open.
Clearly the ambassador was either naive or too cunning.

Gray Mage
2010-08-19, 09:14 AM
"We need to get inside, right? So, how about I open one of those windows from the inside? Sounds good?"

SlyJohnny
2010-08-19, 02:02 PM
Hooper ducks into a nearby alley, and passes his spare watchman's badge to Lucia, a little hesitantly. He fingers his own badge to reassure himself he still has it.

"Well, Jadvyg can imitate a badge with his illusions, but your shifting is probably better then that for taking faces. Right, you all got ahold of the faces I pointed out to you? Let me lead with the talking, only until we get inside. If I make a show of pushing the halfling around, you two will be able to wander about and do as you like without it looking funny."

Hooper applies some makeup, facial padding, and temporary hairdye to make himself looking like a slightly more thickset, blonde guard sergeant from a guard station far from his, and then lays an illusion on top of it to offset it. He waits for the others to prepare themselves, then steps out, and rounds the corner at a quick march. He crisply salutes the guards on the gate, and his voice becomes more clipped, more forceful, and more self-assured.

"Sergeant Lucius Crispin, here to question inmate Kano, a halfling you've got incarcerated on crimes of theft and larceny in cell... 69X, think it was, regarding his suspected further involvement in a narcotics and necromantic materials smuggling issue. You need me to sign in?"

((Guys, feel free to Aid Another on my bluff and whatever other cha actions I make. Taking 10 on Disguise. Bluff roll: [roll0] ))

Adunatar
2010-08-19, 02:30 PM
First, we need to get over the fence. I can climb it no problem, but let's make sure there aren't any traps on it, first.

With these words, Shem covered himself in the wisps of shadow, and cautiously moved towards the fence, trying to stay far from the gate, and avoiding brightly lit areas.

Darkness on myself, then stealthy move towards the gate, taking 10 on Hide and MS (for 36 and 30, respectively). Once near the fence, inspect it for traps (Search take20 = 22).

Jesse Drake
2010-08-19, 03:57 PM
Patches smiles. "This is too easy." He comments. He gets towards the area, still on all fours, and surveys one of the windows- looking for some sort of trap, or possibly a guard on the inside.

[roll0] Freaking Beans! Damn I hate these dice simulators!

Erad
2010-08-23, 11:40 AM
Shem, Blake

The fence had no traps on it.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

- Kano? - asked the guard, - I am sorry but it is too late for questioning him. The halfling is dead, torn by something horrible.

Patches

Patches quickly found that window had magical alarm trap on it.

SlyJohnny
2010-08-23, 12:14 PM
Hoopers eyes go wide. "Dead? Damnation! Argh, for all the..."

He massages his temples. "Okay, the information I need isn't much... what about his cellmate? Could I talk to him for a few minutes? The halfling might have told him something. I wouldn't ask, mates, but I've got three squads in place just waiting for the simplest confirmation on a tipoff, so they can raid the warehouse. My captain will have my head if I don't at least try."

Jesse Drake
2010-08-23, 12:18 PM
"Hm... not the most cleverly hidden trap I've seen- but let's see if it's not just a trick in itself."

Patches will leap up onto the window ledge, and try to balance himself on top of it, leaning back so if he can't balance, he doesn't fall in, he falls back onto the ground.

[roll0] Jump
[roll1] Balance
[roll2] Disable Device.

Adunatar
2010-08-23, 01:56 PM
Shem signaled to Blake that the coast is clear, and quickly got over the fence.

Using Spiderwalk, hiding as before.

Gray Mage
2010-08-23, 07:07 PM
As soon as Shem is halfway towards the other side Blake will swiftly teleport to the other side in a cloud of darkness.
Shall we go now?

Using shadow jaunt to go to the other side. As it's night I assume that it wouldn't be very alarming, so I'll take 10, getting a result of 27.

Erad
2010-08-24, 11:45 AM
Shem, Blake

Assassins got into the courtyard, which seemed empty. The front door was on another villa wall, but perhaps it was possible getting in through windows.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

- Kerd? - asked the guard, - He's dead too. Not sure from what. Do you want to take a look on their bodies?

Patches

Patches successfully disarmed the trap and climbed through it. He was now standing in a small storage room, will a few chests standing on a floor and various boxes on shelves. In front of him was a closed door.

Adunatar
2010-08-24, 12:19 PM
- Blake, can you climb walls? I can probably inspect each window, maybe there's an open one. Barring that, you could try using your shadow magic to get inside, and open the window for me afterward. I'd rather not leave traces in the form of broken windows, if I could help it.

Gray Mage
2010-08-24, 01:56 PM
"Let's just say that climbing isn't my area of expertise. But I could probably reach anywhere in the house with my shadow magic, so we can pick the best window to come in."

Adunatar
2010-08-24, 05:41 PM
Ok, I'll try to find us an open one.

With this resolution, Shem blended with the shadows on a house wall.

Jesse Drake
2010-08-26, 12:41 PM
Quickly giving the chest a scan, Patches checks for traps. Then he checks for traps on the door. He's not going an inch further without checking around.

[roll0] [roll1]

SlyJohnny
2010-08-27, 10:24 AM
Hoope blinks. This wasn't the plan. "Er... sure. Least I can tell my captain there was no way it..." he trails off, prepared to follow the guards.

Strawberries
2010-08-29, 10:59 AM
Jadwyg grins silently in seeing Hooper stumbling on the answer. Seems like the guardsman isn't so calm and well-prepared, after all. He realizes he hasn't said a word until now - but this is a disserent situation to the ones he is used to face. He prepares to follow Hooper and the guard-

Erad
2010-08-30, 07:04 AM
Shem, Blake

Shem quickly found an open window. On it's other side was seen a bed with someone on it.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

Diplomats were escorted to a small stone building, that stood at some distance from the main part of the prison.

"Morgue", read the sign above the door.

Inside were a few metal tables, two with dead bodies on them.
On of them belonged to a halfling, his small body looked horrible, as it was chewed by some dire tiger, or perhaps as it was torn by his claws. No face details could be recognized, eyes, nose, lips, nothing survived the attack of whatever killed halfling.

The dead human on another table was different. He seemed to die peacefully, as no marks of a weapon or claws or whatever were seen on his body. If he wasn't that young, it could be said that he dies in his sleep.

Patches

Patches quickly found trap on the door and disarmed it. The chest fortunately didn't have any traps on it. Inside the chest Patches found a few boxed of magically preserved food and dry bread.

Adunatar
2010-08-30, 08:05 AM
Shem installed the grappling hook on the window ledge, trying not to make any noises, and motioned Blake to follow him inside.

Jesse Drake
2010-08-30, 10:36 AM
Patches dips through the door and looks around for more guards. He's on all fours-

Taking a peek out the door, he'll check to see if there are any guards around. If not, he'll head out and look for another door.

Gray Mage
2010-08-30, 07:07 PM
"Wait a minute. A open window, with someone inside the room to boot. It feels too... convinient, don't you think?" Blake will try to detect anything that indicates it could be a trap.
listen [roll0]
spot [roll1]

Strawberries
2010-09-01, 02:18 PM
Jadwyg approaches the bed with the halfling "When did this happen?" he asks, with an air of obvious interest. He gets closer, leaning in a bit to examine the body better

[roll0]

((OOC:uh...little help with the examination from Lucia?))

Rannil
2010-09-01, 02:34 PM
More interested in the guards response she wonders how he is going to reply and how much he knows. She does glances over the bodies and suspects an animal attack and... magic? While Jadwyg talks with the guard she tries to detect magic, without any one noticing.

Spot on the corpses: [roll0]
Sense Motive on the guard: [roll1]

Sleight of Hand to conceal spell casting: [roll2]
I cast detect magic
Spellcraft in case I detect magic: [roll3]

Erad
2010-09-03, 12:26 PM
Shem, Blake

The person on the bed doesn't move, but Blake hears footsteps outside of the room. There is someone there.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

- I am afraid we know little, - says diplomat's current guard, a thin fellow in chain armor, - when we opened the door of their cell to wake them up, they were already dead. But I think they had a visitor yesterday, at night. But I wasn't on the post then, so I am not sure. (Truth)

The bodies didn't reveal anything about their murderer. Human looked asleep and the halfling was torn viciously. By whom? Adventurers couldn't tell.

Patches

Patches is now standing in the corridor, with two doors on one side (one from where he came) and another door in it's end. Side door probably leads to another larder, and end door possibly leads to main hall of the building.

Gray Mage
2010-09-03, 04:19 PM
With this new found information, Blake whispers to Shem."Pst, there's someone outside, man. This is some kind of trap. What do you think we do?"

Adunatar
2010-09-03, 06:51 PM
- Sh-h-h-h! Convenient or not, let's discuss this after we're done! - whispered Shem.

- Let's conceal ourselves for now...

Are there any doors leading to the other room, and are they open? Either way, Shem will try to Hide - assuming his Darkness is still active, there should be no light sources to worry about - and Listen to what the person in the other room is doing

Strawberries
2010-09-04, 07:06 AM
OOC

The bodies didn't reveal anything about their murderer. Halfling looked asleep and the human was torn viciously. By whom? Adventurers couldn't tell.

I'm pretty sure you made a mistake here, but just to check. It's the halfling that was ripped apart while the human is still intact and recognizable, right?
Also, are the bodies naked or do they have chlotes still on? (I'm thinking pockets in which we could check)

Jadvyg circles around the halfling's bed, approaching the other corpse and studying his features to notice if there's something odd. "Mind if we talk with the person who was on post, then?" he asks, forcing his features into a conspiratorial smile and dropping the volume of his voice a little "You see, we've been assigned here just a couple of days ago. It would be a great way to make a good impression on our capitan..."

[roll0]
I'll roll spot and search again for examining the body of the human. If it was included in the previous roll, please ignore.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Jesse Drake
2010-09-04, 08:36 AM
Patches sneaks himself into the hallway, and peeks at the door to check for traps. But assuming there's just more food, he won't go too far in- he'll head towards the door at the end of the hall- and also check that one.

[roll0] First Search [roll1] Second Search

Erad
2010-09-05, 08:07 AM
Shem, Blake

Shem hid in the shadows and opened his ears. Outside of the rooms he heard only footsteps, the person outside patrolled around the house.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

Guard hesitated, then said:

- I am afraid that isn't possible. Private Kenar disappeared during the night. We found no trace of him... or his body.

OOC: Bodies are naked.

Patches

Patches quickly found a bottle of acid tied to outer door and successfully disarmed it.

Jesse Drake
2010-09-05, 08:27 AM
Patches cuts loose the acid and pockets it, and then goes on. "This guy's an am-at-toorrrrr." He purrs out. Then, he heads towards the door out. "Well, let's see what's next."

Strawberries
2010-09-07, 03:32 AM
Jadvyg turns sharply towards the guard, eyebrows raised. Whoever did this, they thought about everything. I'm impressed he thinks to himself. "I assume you have people investigating on his disappearence?" he asks.

Hooper, Lucia, are you still there? Feel free to intervene whenever you like.

Rannil
2010-09-07, 02:07 PM
"No, no, no." Lucia says abruptly. "You don't understand." She says at the guard present. "When my friend here says we are here to impress the captain the opposite is true as well. We are in deep trouble if we fail, the human here stole personal to the captain and hide it. If we fail, your name will fall as well as someone whore failed to supply use information." Lucia sighs and rolls here eyes. "Now, take a deep breath and remember. There most be more people on guard that night, more then only Kenar, or else I got a different error to report." She grins. "Also the name of the sergeant that is investigating the disappearance of Kenar. And anything related to these two guys would be welcome too of course, any information. Are there guards that care about these scums and might know more then you?"

Bluff: [roll0]
Intimidate: [roll1]

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 08:47 AM
"So, still think this is the real deal and not just a trap?"

OOC: Going to wait for Adunatar's opinion before acting.

Gray Mage
2010-09-13, 09:15 AM
Blake quietly walks towards the bed, examning if it's one of the targets. If it is, he'll change his positioning, the shadows surround him. He'll get one of his shortswords and bring it down, to kill the target.

Taking ten on move silently for 25, spot [roll0] +3=10. Taking assassin's stance, that gives me 2d6 sneak attack damage and will make a CdG on the person in the bed. If it's possible to use a maneuver when Coup de Gracing, will use Drain Viality to take 2 con on a failed 15 DC Fort save.
Damage [roll1]+[roll2] = 22

Erad
2010-09-15, 12:20 PM
Shem, Blake

Blake saw a young man, about 16 years old. Most chances that it was merchant's elder son.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

- Yes, I think one of the gate guards said something about a hooded elf visiting someone that night, - said guard, - You think there is something behind it? And this case is in paladins authority, since murders were supernatural.

Patches

Patches was standing in a round room, with a chest in a middle of it, and another door in a far end.

Rannil
2010-09-19, 03:01 PM
Lucia looks at the others and whispers. "Choice enough, we could check up on the gate keepers, or we could go back and report this dead. I rather avoid paladin you know... Way to risky and I don't think we have to go to such extreme lengths. If it's me, let's just go back, we needed to the pave to way to free this guy, but he looks free enough to me... Maybe we should bribe a few guards to be open minded for more bribes?"

Strawberries
2010-09-19, 04:01 PM
Jadvyg nods "Let's go back" he says "We were not asked to investingate a murder. Let's just get the name of the guard at the gate, in case we need him later."

To the guard "Something behind it? Who could say?" he answers "But do you really want to call paladins for this? You know how obnoxious they could be. Poking their nose in everything, criticizing the way we run things" he forces himself to smile conspiratorially, despite his disgust at pretending to be so friendly with a human "Why don't you just tell who was at the gate that night? We can have a friendly chat, so at least when we go back to our commander we'll have something to report, see?"

[roll0]

Erad
2010-09-21, 07:13 AM
Shem, Blake

After a moment of hesitating, Blake slit the young man throat from ear to ear. The boy died quickly, without making noise or waking up.

Hooper, Jadvyg, Lucia

- No I don't want any part of it, - said guard, - let noble Sir Kranius handle that. He'll do better then any of us.

Erad
2010-09-28, 10:54 AM
Fast forward

Shem and Blake successfully assassinated merchant's wife and elder son. The only guard that was in the estate, caused no trouble. While leaving the villa, assassins saw two hooded figures breaking through one of the windows. No confrontation between them and mysterious individuals took place. For the deed done, Niarl payed them as promised, but was surprised that additional criminals were at the scene.

Realizing that further research is futile, diplomats returned to Origar. He was shocked when he heard about the mysterious murder of his comrade, but admitted, that nothing could be done.

Patches found neither the weapon, nor it's blueprints. All he found was a piece of paper saying that it all was a test and since he passed it
he is fully accepted to the guild.

The next night, after a full rest, criminals returned to the Guild. They saw many people, preparing for battle. A few were sparring, some were preparing weapons, but most were just talking.

Niarl approached the adventurers.

- Good that you are back! We are going to strike at Black Foxes hideout in an hour. They crossed our path many times and it's time for payback. Prepare yourselves, we are leaving soon!

I want to see who is still here. If needed I'll recruit fresh meat.

Gray Mage
2010-09-28, 11:01 AM
"The Black Foxed hideout, eh?

I'm still in. How much was the pay? I can't find a number. Also, a knowledge local check [roll0]

Jesse Drake
2010-09-28, 01:40 PM
"Freaking great." Patches exclaims. "A waste of..." He takes the note. "Now, whom should I frame for wasting my time?" He quickly takes the pills he stole earlier, and heads for the front door. He then tosses them nearby- one on the inside, one just poking outside. "Teach you to play me. I'm a very important man where I come from."

Sorry, definitely interested, just a bit out of net right now. I should be fine in a couple of days though.

Strawberries
2010-09-28, 11:44 PM
Jadvyg isn't under disguise at the moment. Hiding always made him unconfortable.
"The Black Foxed hideout? That won't be a problem" he says.

Rannil
2010-09-30, 02:17 AM
Lucia shrugs. "Attacking isn't really my forte... you know." She thinks for a moment. "But who knows..."

Erad
2010-09-30, 10:48 AM
- It is "Black FOXES" hideout, - said Niarl, - Sorry that I misspoke earlier. Now were you all paid? I know that I paid Shem and Blake five hundred each, but what of others? Nevermind, I'll pay you too. Though diplomats failed and cat did a futile job, you all tried to do your best. So you deserve money too.

((Everyone got 500gp and 500exp))

- Black Foxes sit in the market area, in a big stone warehouse. Just as our guild, it has more... cunning architecture then it meets the eye. Mister Patches, I guess we will need help of your kind to get through all traps, and I am sure there are many of them. Diplomats are of less help there, so you can just sit back while others to the job. You can help the wounded or interrogate prisoners. But if you participate in battle you'll get your share of loot - and there will be loot, I promise. Also, whatever you take beyond the treasury is yours to keep.

Now if you need anything - like heal potions, or magical buffs or weapons, or anything, we are ready to supply you. What would it be?

Rannil
2010-09-30, 01:26 PM
Done thinking, and hearing the offer of items, Lucia smiles. "Well, I got a old crossbow, I could give some ranged support. But maybe a better weapon could help, especially magical. Or maybe a couple of magic arrows. Or stock me with potions or a wand and I could heal when needed... I don't want to be a waste of space."

Jesse Drake
2010-10-13, 03:42 PM
"Sounds fine to me." Patches squeaks. "I should be more than capable of handling them."

The Black Foxes eh? This time, Patches hoped for a real mission- he was not partial with being tested- he knew just how great he was, and expected everyone else to be the same.

Strawberries
2010-10-13, 11:56 PM
Jadvyg scoffs at being defined "less of help" "I think you ae forgetting I'm not mainly a diplomat." he says. "I'll be perfectly capable to handle the situation."

OOC: sorry for the delay, I completely forgot about this thread. Also,yeah yeah, Jadvyg is an arrogant ass. I think that is well established by now.