PDA

View Full Version : A request for help... (3.5)

The-Mage-King
2010-07-23, 09:23 AM
I need a full casting Arcane class with an "Okay" BAB for an idea of mine...

Any suggestions?

The idea in question is a Arcane Caster/Druid/Arcane Heirophant/Mystic Theurge with 9th level spells in both at level 20, by the way.

Prodan
2010-07-23, 09:30 AM
Bard/Sublime Chord

Greenish
2010-07-23, 09:30 AM
Battle Sorcerer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#sorcererVariantBattleS orcerer).

The-Mage-King
2010-07-23, 11:11 AM
Hm... Perhaps I should de-white the text explaining the what I'm planning...

Telonius
2010-07-23, 11:41 AM
Well, you might be able to pull it off with Loredrake/Dragonwrought shenanigans, but that would require you to be a Kobold and have a lenient DM. Also requires Sorcerer, which has bad BAB.

Is BAB absolutely required, or just a high attack modifier? You could UMD some Divine Power if it's just the modifier you're after.

Boci
2010-07-23, 11:45 AM
The standard way to do that is to use ur prist or sublime court as one of the casting classes to advance with your dual casting PrC.

The-Mage-King
2010-07-23, 11:47 AM
Well, you might be able to pull it off with Loredrake/Dragonwrought shenanigans, but that would require you to be a Kobold and have a lenient DM. Also requires Sorcerer, which has bad BAB.

Is BAB absolutely required, or just a high attack modifier? You could UMD some Divine Power if it's just the modifier you're after.

Uh, Arcane Heirophant requires a BAB of +4 to enter, so... Yeah. I need the BAB.

I guess I could use Mystic Theurge for a couple of levels, then go with that PrC...

EDIT: And where is Loredrake from, anyway? I've heard a lot about it...

Telonius
2010-07-23, 11:55 AM
Uh, Arcane Heirophant requires a BAB of +4 to enter, so... Yeah. I need the BAB.

I guess I could use Mystic Theurge for a couple of levels, then go with that PrC...

EDIT: And where is Loredrake from, anyway? I've heard a lot about it...

Loredrake is from Dragons of Eberron. Basically between that and Greater Draconic Rite of Passage, you can get (basically) free Sorcerer levels if your Kobold is Dragonwrought (from Races of the Dragon). This is a bit feat-intensive, though, so I'm not sure offhand if it would work for Arcane Hierophant.

Caliphbubba
2010-07-23, 12:03 PM
is having a familiar a requirement of Arcane Heirophant? If so, then, it seems like you're pretty limited without using a feat.

what else besides wizard and sorc get a familliar for free? That's pretty much the whole idea of AH isn't it? combine the Familliar and Druid Pet...

or are you just focusing on dual casting stuff?

Person_Man
2010-07-23, 02:32 PM
Skillful weapon enhancement from Complete Arcane grants you proficiency with the weapon (and thus, the enchantment should always be placed on an Exotic Weapon) and grants you 3/4 BAB with it.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-23, 02:53 PM
It looks like the BaB is needed for a class entry, so a boost with a particular weapon sounds like it won't work.

I think the best bet for early entry is ether Druid 3 / wizard 2 with the aprentice feat for eary entry or Druid 3 / duskblade 1 for the same thing, but you need the aquire familier feat as well and get a smaller spell list. The duskblade wouldn't gain the ability to cast into an attack though, so it would be just a bunch of blasting spells.

You are right though that the thurge is likely the best way to go if you want to maximise your spellcasting and can get into it at 5th. Trade your wizard familer away and take the feat to gain it back so thurge counts twards your familier and then natural bond to overcome the lost druid levels. It works well for a long game becuse you can finish out to epic useing all duel progresion spellcasting classes after 4th. That turns into double nines.