PDA

View Full Version : Nudity in the Playground

Totally Guy
2010-07-23, 10:01 AM
It's that time of year again. My friends and I are going are participating in naked night at the local corn maze attraction for the second time.

Last year went really well. There was that initial shock of being naked along with everyone else but then it was like all our body insecurities all went away for the one evening. We explored the maze, hopped onto the bouncy castle and looked at the hall of mirrors... It felt extremely liberating.

Last year I was a bit nervous but this year I'm feeling a lot more confident about it. But I'm still worried because I'm outside of the main social group this time. My friends have invited a lot more of thier friends so they're going to be popular guys there. I might stuggle to have their attention. Hopefully I can talk to new people too.

I feel that I need to talk about it here as it's not really an accepted topic in the real world...

KuReshtin
2010-07-23, 10:16 AM
Last year, it sounded like you had a great time. I hope this year is as good as last year.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-23, 12:24 PM
Hey, I remember this event you were talking about.

My biggest question, I guess, is why on Earth anyone wants to go be naked outdoors?

Lyesmith
2010-07-23, 12:25 PM
My biggest question, I guess, is why on Earth anyone wants to go be naked outdoors?

I'd imagine males in particular would suffer if it was chilly.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-23, 12:39 PM

And since Glug lives in the Land of Angles, isn't it always perpetually foggy and rainy and cold? /stereotypes

Spiryt
2010-07-23, 12:44 PM

Actually I think that infections of... private parts are more common among girls.

Anyway I won't live home pantless today...

I don't want my private parts sun burnt. :smalleek:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-23, 12:55 PM
Actually I think that infections of... private parts are more common among girls.

That's just all sorts of pain I never needed to think about. Thanks for that. >_<

CurlyKitGirl
2010-07-23, 12:56 PM
Bouncy castles . . . ?

OH dear.
If there are any girls participating I pity them.
Lor' Mum once told me an anecdote about her ebst friend. One day she didn't have any clean bras, so she wore two school shirts and went off to school. But she forgot she had PE.
And it was cross-country.
As Mum's Best Friend is . . . well-endowed there was much bouncing.
To quote mum's actual words (minus the swears): "It was bloody hilarious! Nearly wet myself laughing seeing [her] boobs bouncing up and down so hard she nearly knocked herself out!"

Bouncy castles will be problematic for everyone though.

@Spiryt: I think 'zira was talking about . . . shrinkage. :smallamused:

Coplantor
2010-07-23, 01:17 PM

I think he was talking about shrinkage actually

EDIT: Ninja'd by a lot of time... I should post the moment I click on the button :smallsigh:

golentan
2010-07-23, 02:18 PM
My goodness. What a terrible idea: being in your natural state in nature. Just think. Instead of having absorptive cloth near their orifices, trapping any bodily waste or by products which didn't get quite cleaned away as hoped next to your skin in a dank environment. you'd be exposing such things to "Sunlight" and "Fresh Air." which as we all know promote the growth of illness causing bacteria because they are so horrible as disinfectants.

And shrinkage! Just think of the colossal damage to the male psyche when it's revealed that they actually aren't a tripod ALL the time! People might have to stop having unrealistic expectations about the appearance of the human body! A wardrobe malfunction might not be considered less appropriate for children than the slaughter of fellow sentient beings! The internet economy would collapse!

Yeah. As long as you aren't going hypothermic or crashing through sharp edges/spines/poisonous plants, I see no purpose for a nudity taboo.

Have fun, Glug!

Deth Muncher
2010-07-23, 02:23 PM
My goodness. What a terrible idea: being in your natural state in nature. Just think. Instead of having absorptive cloth near their orifices, trapping any bodily waste or by products which didn't get quite cleaned away as hoped next to your skin in a dank environment. you'd be exposing such things to "Sunlight" and "Fresh Air." which as we all know promote the growth of illness causing bacteria because they are so horrible as disinfectants.

And shrinkage! Just think of the colossal damage to the male psyche when it's revealed that they actually aren't a tripod ALL the time! People might have to stop having unrealistic expectations about the appearance of the human body! A wardrobe malfunction might not be considered less appropriate for children than the slaughter of fellow sentient beings! The internet economy would collapse!

Yeah. As long as you aren't going hypothermic or crashing through sharp edges/spines/poisonous plants, I see no purpose for a nudity taboo.

Have fun, Glug!

Y'know, not all of us are of a crazy alien species Gol, you and your crazy alien ideas on nudity. I bet they don't even have clothes on your planet, do they?

In less ridiculous news, if everyone's down for it, I guess I see no reason why it couldn't be a good time. I just never understood the allure of being naked around other people. I mean, there's generally ONE time when you have to, y'know, but other than that, naked + other people just seems strange to me.

Yora
2010-07-23, 02:27 PM
The last weeks it was so warm around here, you were underpants at home only because you would not want to pull the shades down.

Closak
2010-07-23, 02:29 PM
I fail to see what's so strange about it, animals go naked all the time.
Including the ones that don't have fur, in case anyone was going to make any comments about that.

Geez, do you people shower fully clothed too?

golentan
2010-07-23, 02:33 PM
Y'know, not all of us are of a crazy alien species Gol, you and your crazy alien ideas on nudity. I bet they don't even have clothes on your planet, do they?

In less ridiculous news, if everyone's down for it, I guess I see no reason why it couldn't be a good time. I just never understood the allure of being naked around other people. I mean, there's generally ONE time when you have to, y'know, but other than that, naked + other people just seems strange to me.

That's not true. We have many varieties of protective and decorative gear.

Protective as in "If I go outside without wearing this, I will die from cold/heat/vacuum/radiation." And decorative as in "This will compliment my appearance, rather than cover it up."

Also, Naked =/= hanky panky. Though it does make it harder to lie about whether you'd like it to.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 02:35 PM
Also, Naked =/= hanky panky. Though it does make it harder to lie about whether you'd like it to.

Only if you dont want it too

This is too awkward for me to understand why someone would want to do this. But if you have fun, by all mean, continue.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-07-23, 02:50 PM
Ahh, this cracked me up last time to if I recall.

As for the who would go naked outdoors question asker... dude, as long as you're in the woods, I'd be tempted. It's friggin' HOT.

However, the thought of having to see fellow dudes wagglin' all about me just totally turns me off the idea of any of that kinda recreation. Girls... not a problem. I'm not a pig, that's just me.

To quote the most recent strip (eh ha ha!) 'Too much loin, not enough cloth!'

YPU
2010-07-23, 02:57 PM
Vorpal, if I remember correctly you are so hairy that you technically need to shave in order to be naked.

I read in some of my study books that being naked an mass can be a very good experience that "puts things into another perspective" I guess I can see that.

Doctor Acula
2010-07-23, 03:00 PM
I wish my freinds were cool enough to do this

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 03:04 PM
However, the thought of having to see fellow dudes wagglin' all about me just totally turns me off the idea of any of that kinda recreation.

Exactly. I mean ... Yeah. Who'd want to? Ignoring any sexual tendencies people may or may not have

Deth Muncher
2010-07-23, 03:09 PM
Exactly. I mean ... Yeah. Who'd want to? Ignoring any sexual tendencies people may or may not have

I mean, you don't HAVE to look down. -shrug-

Deathslayer7
2010-07-23, 03:11 PM
girls might. :smallamused: although if it is cold they might be a bit dissapointed.

but on the other hand what happens when circulation starts? :smallbiggrin:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-23, 03:21 PM
girls might. :smallamused: although if it is cold they might be a bit dissapointed.

but on the other hand what happens when circulation starts? :smallbiggrin:

"Is that a banana in your pocket or - "
"I don't have any pockets. -facepalm-"

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 03:22 PM
I mean, you don't HAVE to look down. -shrug-

... Unless Im in their face, Im going to see their whole body. And Im not going to get in any naked guys face.

golentan
2010-07-23, 03:53 PM
{Scrubbed}

Murdim
2010-07-23, 03:57 PM
There's an horrible, unacceptable truth that I have to reveal to some people on this topic. You... like everyone else... were born butt naked. And yes, everyone in the hospital room got to see your tiny pee-pee.

God. I hope you're joking, guys. It seems like the most horrible image you can imagine is that of another guy's genitalia, and the worst thing that could happen to you is people seeing your own bastard sword in a shrinked state.

EDIT : nice job, guys, you finally broke golentan ! :smallannoyed:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-07-23, 04:03 PM
Did... anyone say anything about gay or straight? About being insecure in any way?

Things of the body I, personally, don't want to see: Back-boobs, hairy warts, crusty teeth and male genitals.

Nothing wrong with'em (except back boobs, those are evil), but I don't care to look at them either.

I'm perfectly happy with my male attributes, but I'm man enough for me, thanks.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-23, 04:04 PM
{Scrubbed}

I'm sigging this, somehow.

Keld Denar
2010-07-23, 04:41 PM
What's a back boob? Do I want to know? Is it anything like side boob? I like side boob...

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-07-23, 04:46 PM
What's a back boob? Do I want to know? Is it anything like side boob? I like side boob...
Is perfectly safe for work, though maybe not for the mind.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v-zWDIlT3zQ/SxAeAfk39jI/AAAAAAAAFAs/TIDdDw8qfCQ/s1600/back_boobs.jpg

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 04:47 PM
{scrubbed}

golentan
2010-07-23, 05:27 PM
Bacon:... Oookay... It may serve you well in the long run to examine why that is such a hangup for you. If for no other reason than regular exercise is good for you.

My point was that people can show a lot more physical affection towards things that would be hideously inappropriate to be attracted to in the eyes of the law and society than they can with their best friends before their motives are questioned. Which wouldn't be illegal, and is increasingly socially acceptable.

Deth: Okay.

Murdim: I'm still not completely broked.

Aedilred
2010-07-23, 05:43 PM
While I have no particular problem with nudity in general (although I have no particular desire to see the physically repulsive in all their dubious glory) I prefer to be slightly selective about who gets to see me nude. It's partly a trust thing; those people who've seen me naked- at my most vulnerable, as it were- have been admitted into a very exclusive club that comprises those closest to me. I've never been to the gym, for reasons largely unrelated to insecurities about nudity, but it strikes me as somehow different to see someone naked while washing and seeing them naked in any other context. Yeah, it's illogical; sue me.

Really, though, I think it's to do with control and self-confidence. While clothed I can exert a degree of control over how I look. That I tend to dress like a tramp is neither here nor there; the point is that the bulk of my appearance is user-defined. While naked, I have no such influence, and feel very exposed as a consequence. My skin problems don't help; I've been plagued with them my whole adult life, and while they're largely invisible when I'm dressed they're pretty obvious when I'm not. My ex helped me a great deal to overcome my insecurities about that issue, but I still feel uncomfortable taking my shirt off around anyone else.

Being naked with no-one else around, though, or with only those people I don't mind seeing me naked... that's fine, in any context (although I daresay I would miss shoes after a while). It's just that I prefer to be selective about who gets to see me like that.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 05:44 PM
Bacon:... Oookay... It may serve you well in the long run to examine why that is such a hangup for you. If for no other reason than regular exercise is good for you.

You dont need a gym to exercise. My dad has equipment, and theirs a track across the street ;)

Murdim
2010-07-23, 06:00 PM
{Scrubbed}

SpiderMew
2010-07-23, 06:26 PM
Ive learned to not care about what other people say about me, so ide have no problem getting naked and running arround a maze and stuff. It would fun for me i think.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 06:29 PM
You're new in town, right ? Yeah, I see it. July 2010. Well, I'm far from being a veteran myself, but still. It's been three weeks at most since you registered. It's even possible you've yet to receive your first very private message from our local tyranical overlord benevolent peacekeeper Roland St Jude.

No, I have. I just dont get what this even means. Its on the cusp of my grasp, but I dont get it.

"My point was that people can show a lot more physical affection towards things that would be hideously inappropriate to be attracted to in the eyes of the law and society than they can with their best friends before their motives are questioned. Which wouldn't be illegal, and is increasingly socially acceptable."

Erloas
2010-07-23, 07:59 PM
Basically what I think is trying to be said is that, while uncommon, its not unheard of for people to do/want to do, very inappropriate acts towards animals, (that would be appropriate to do with another human). But when you are friendly to your pet, no one jumps to that conclusion. Rubbing a dog's rear end doesn't mean you want to do other things to the dog.

However, if you rub a guy/girl's shoulder its instantly thought that you want to take them to bed. Physical contact between people brings up implied connotations that are not brought up with contact between people and other animals. But of course, as shown with animals, its entirely possible to be physically close to someone without wanting to be sexual with them.

Of course it is very much a socially constructed issue, but one many people adhere to.

Personally I have no problem seeing other people naked or being seen. Its made it a lot easier to accept since I end up showering after work all the time. It was kind of funny when I first started this job though because its for a company that employees a lot of people in the area, including my best friend from high school's dad... and the first time I saw him at work after I started was naked in the change room.

At first its a little weird, but after a little bit it just happens and its not something you even think about or notice.

However, I don't think I would do any nudist activities. I like the female form, and don't have a problem with the male form, but thats half the problem. Its hard enough to interact with women as it is, giving the other head too much to think about it just bound to make things even more difficult and awkward, especially with no where to hide. Of course depending on your relationship status, some parts of that are probably a lot easier to work with.

KenderWizard
2010-07-23, 08:03 PM
No, I have. I just dont get what this even means. Its on the cusp of my grasp, but I dont get it.

"My point was that people can show a lot more physical affection towards things that would be hideously inappropriate to be attracted to in the eyes of the law and society than they can with their best friends before their motives are questioned. Which wouldn't be illegal, and is increasingly socially acceptable."

His point was the people can show a lot more physical affection (rubbing tummies, getting licks) towards things (dogs, cats, aardvarks?) that would be hideously inappropriate to be attracted to (aforementioned animals) in the eyes of the law (bestiality is illegal in many areas) and society (no one likes a furry :smalltongue:) than they would with their best friends (members of the same sex with whom they are close) before their motives are questioned ("Are you gay or something?"). Which wouldn't be illegal (homosexuality is being decriminalised across the world), and is increasingly socially acceptable (Gay Pride!).

That's what I understand, but Golentan may correct my translation!

golentan
2010-07-23, 08:11 PM
Even as they say.

I do not like fish. I don't avoid the freezer aisle to avoid looking at fish, nor do I threaten people with violence for liking fish or for offering me fish. I simply don't eat fish if it's presented to me, and if asked I will say I don't like eating fish. If I were to have such an obsession with not liking fish that I was letting it influence my daily life, and/or became violent at the suggestion that I should eat some fish, my psychologist would quite rightly have some probing questions on the matter. That would be pathological behavior.

On the topic of sexuality, on the other hand, people can become a bit extreme in their vehemence about what they don't like. Even to the sight of it, or the suggestion. There's a tendency to get very defensive on the subject, but generally only in a narrow range of the possibilities. Even on things not necessarily related to sexuality, like the mere presence of a nude person nearby. Is interesting, no?

Also, Murdim, I'm not so cruel. The fish were innocent, and so I made sure they were not collateral damage. Also, they would have stunk up the joint something awful. :smallyuk:

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 08:16 PM
OK. I get your point. But IMO the human body is disgusting, and is not something to be shared.

SpiderMew
2010-07-23, 08:18 PM
OK. I get your point. But IMO the human body is disgusting, and is not something to be shared.

incorect. The human body is the most beautyful thing in all of nature.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 08:19 PM
incorect. The human body is the most beautyful thing in all of nature.

No, that would be my dog g layinon her back when she wants a belly rub. And humans have divorced themselves from Nature, we are no longer natural.

SpiderMew
2010-07-23, 08:22 PM
We are just beyond nature. Your young and do not appreceate what youve got. A natrual human body is beautyfull, but some people like to stuff theirs with plastic because they are silly.

Erloas
2010-07-23, 08:23 PM
Eh, its all subjective. I can definitely say some human bodies are not the most beautiful things in nature...

And I could see how the human body would be gross, but not necessarily any more gross then every other living thing.

But how are human bodies no longer natural? Sure some aren't nearly as natural as they used to be, and the human mind is far from that of other animals, but the body is what the body has been for as long as humans have been.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 08:25 PM
{scrubbed}

SpiderMew
2010-07-23, 08:26 PM
What spell check?

Rutskarn
2010-07-23, 08:26 PM
To all of those saying that you should be alright looking at naked people because you are born naked, and are frequently naked: I crap, too. I'm not filled with revulsion when I take a dump, and it's something I'm used to, but I don't exactly want to wake up with somebody else's feces sitting on my bedside table.

Just because something's natural and ubiquitous does not mean that it's pretty. I do not enjoy looking at male genitalia. I would go so far as to say that I avoid the experience, so far as this is possible.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 08:28 PM
To all of those saying that you should be alright looking at naked people because you are born naked, and are frequently naked: I crap, too. I'm not filled with revulsion when I take a dump, and it's something I'm used to, but I don't exactly want to wake up with somebody else's feces sitting on my bedside table.

Just because something's natural and ubiquitous does not mean that it's pretty. I do not enjoy looking at male genitalia. I would go so far as to say that I avoid the experience, so far as this is possible.

Someone who understands T.T Hahahaha ... Feces ...

Erloas
2010-07-23, 08:36 PM
Because, people who live today wouldn't have made it in Nature.

And what does that have to do with their bodies being natural or not? Also there are plenty of people that could, and of course lots more that would figure out how if things got to the point of them needing to.

I can see not wanting to see everyone naked, I know I prefer people clothed. I prefer nakedness on a personal, not group, level.
I'm not sure in what way you would consider it gross.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 08:41 PM
{Scrubbed}

Erloas
2010-07-23, 08:48 PM
{Scrubbed}
They are just as natural as everything else, unfortunate, and not likely to survive long in the wild, but natural all the same. And for the most part many of those issues make little to no difference to the look of the body.

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-23, 08:56 PM
They are just as natural as everything else, unfortunate, and not likely to survive long in the wild, but natural all the same. And for the most part many of those issues make little to no difference to the look of the body.

I know, you brought up a different argument that I was refuting.

Roland St. Jude
2010-07-23, 09:49 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread is a mess of Forum Rules violations. Thread locked for good.