PDA

View Full Version : Daelkyr Half-Bloods

Kyeudo
2010-07-23, 02:07 PM
There's this race in Magic of Eberron, the Daelkyr Half-Blood, that is really awesome. They are all crazy (literally) abberations that look human except for a symbiont that they grow out of their flesh. I love them, but I can't figure out what classes they are good for. They have no stat modifications and their symbionts all seem either worthless or only good for a few levels. Any suggestions?

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-23, 02:15 PM
Anything with Alter Self in their spell list.

Fax Celestis
2010-07-23, 02:33 PM
Did you skip over the Impure Prince PrC?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-23, 02:37 PM
I actually have several builds in mind that use Delkyr half-blood right now :smallbiggrin:

One is a wilder build, using methamorphosis for neat aberration forms.

Another one was the build I intended to enter into the Iron Chef challenge, but RL got in the way.

And the final one was the impure Arcanamach.... it was something along the lines Ranger 2/Hexblade 4/Suel Arcanamach 2/abjurant Champion 4/Impure Prince 6/something X.

Nice with Alter form as The Rose Dragon Said

Uin
2010-07-23, 02:39 PM
Alter Self (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=343.0) is about the best trick they can pull off. Another little trick at higher level is to use a Tentacle Whip (lvl10) to deliver touch spells at 15ft. Tongue Worm (lvl15) symbiont would be good for an extra natural attack. Its just a shame the race doesn't have Races of Eberron style support.

Boci
2010-07-23, 08:16 PM

Shame there is no Symbiont Adept PrC. Maybe I'll find a homebrewed one.

Kyeudo
2010-07-23, 11:52 PM

No, I didn't, but I was meaning which base classes are they good for.

Vizzerdrix
2010-07-24, 07:30 AM
What about dread necro, can they use Charnel touch through any of the parasites?