PDA

View Full Version : A Tale Untold IC [Pathfinder]

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-23, 06:41 PM
The sun rises on a nice cloudless day. The birds are chirping, the town guards are sleepily going about their rounds. The halfling merchants all are rising from their slumber in their mobile shops, ready for a day of trading. All in all it is a beautiful summer day in the land of Verduun, a far cry from the chaos and disorder of the gnome raid only a few weeks ago. Signs of battle still show around some parts of town, subtle reminders of those few hours of carnage.

The early morning gives way to late morning and the town square gets rather busy. Merchants hawking their goods, farmers bringing in their crops from the country, locals at the Watering Hole (the local tavern) already inebriated and singing songs.

Today is the day. You and your friends, and new allies, have decided to set off for adventure on this fine day. Ready for whatever awaits you. As you take to the streets, making your way to the town square, everyone seems to smile and wave at you. Some slapping you on your back, and shaking your hand thanking you for your actions during the raid. Others trying to give you gifts of food and drink. Once each of you get there you see the town square is filled with people. All of them coming out to give the heroes of Beaumont a heroes' send off.

Grom, the elder of the town greets you all and says “On behalf of the fine people of Beaumont, please accept this gift as a sign of our gratitude for your actions in the goblin raid. May it make your journey a little easier.” He hands you a plump coin purse, smiling a big toothed grin. This is met with some cheering and a round of applause from the crowd. Opening it you find quite the treasure. One hundred and fifty shiny silvery pieces of platinum gleam up at you. "Would one of you care to say a few words before you depart? I'm sure the town would like to hear a little something."

noggenfogger
2010-07-23, 11:49 PM
Hayden looks over the faces of his companions, feeling a wave of insecurity wash over him hearing Grom's words and catching glance of gleaming platinum. Unsure, but not hearing any of his partymates speaking up, Hayden starts to stammer out "Some of you may know me. Many probably do not. I am a simple man," slowly Hayden finds his voice, "and what I did that day was what had to be done. That you honor my companion and me so..."

Hayden's voice catchs. Sunlight glints of his polished breastplate. Emotions - embarassment, pride, love - flood over him. Stammering again, he continues "... that you honor us so is beyond... Perhaps one of my more eloquent companions should speak." Hayden concludes, he face red.

EternalMelon
2010-07-24, 11:26 AM
Etzeil sighs and walks ahead of his group. His palm glowes purple and his hair starts waving in the wind.
"I thank all of you people for your generosity. You have all been so kind to us, this day, and the many days we have shared together. It has been our pleasure to be with you, and to fight along you in the Gnomish raids. The raids were a time of hardship for us all, and for me doubly so.The Gnomes that attacked were my own race, my brethren. I thought as I fought with you. Then I remembered all of you. The kindness you gave me. Those Gnomes were no more than thieves, I am not of them, You are my true family. Our true family. I hope that this village stays safe, so that we could one day return home and bring honer to our friends, family, and town. Once again I thank you, and the gods bless this town." Etzeil bows, and rejoins his friends.
Cast prestidigitation, wall of text :smalleek:

VinGoodman
2010-07-24, 02:01 PM
No no no, they've got it all wrong, Johnn Elion thought to himself. He pumps his fist into the air as he booms with a voice too big to have been coming from his wiry frame. "This is just the beginning. We'll be heroes! You'll see. Make sure to be listening for us and our deeds from the bards and sages that travel through. It's only a matter of time now. We will make Beaumont famous!"

Grinning ear to ear, he winks at the baker tsking at him and blows a kiss at the lovely and blushing Avandra. "Hey, Brenton, last chance. Sure you don't want to join us?" He calls out. The young man beside the baker shakes his head slightly in response, choosing to stand firm and make no move toward the group. With a shrug and another fist pump for the group here to send him off, Johnn decides it doesn't hurt to hang just a bit longer in case someone else wants a word. But only a bit...

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-24, 02:49 PM
The town gives a round of applause, some giving fists pumps of their own. Grom the elder takes center stage again and raises his hands for silence. "Let us not keep our heroes any longer. They have a long journey ahead of them, and many foes to vanquish." Grom says.

The crowd now dispersing, he returns to the group and begins speaking, "I have your first quest for you. Gizdonk (Gizdonk is the captain of the guards, and a ranger) was able to track the gnomish raiders back to their hideout. I want you to seek it out and rout them from their lair, to make sure their last raid was just that. Finding it will be no trouble, I have just the spell to help you find it." He starts waving his hands, chanting arcane words and with a pop-wheeze a blue glowing line springs forth from each of you, converging into a single line and heading off north out of town. "Follow the trail and it will lead you directly to their lair. I'd also suggest making a few purchases before you leave town. I talked to some of the halfing merchants and they are willing to give you a slight discount, for the heroes of Beaumont." he adds with a wink.

Traulnauk speaks, "Aye, I'd like ta get a wand o' cure light wounds before we 'ead out. I have a feelin' were gunna need it."

VinGoodman
2010-07-24, 03:43 PM
"That's a cool trick, Grom. Now when are you going to show me how to do that?" Johnn grins at the elder as he speaks. He sees Grom about to speak in that lecturing kind of way, and quickly excuses himself. "One moment," Johnn motions for everyone to wait as he sees the dispersing crowd. He races up to Avandra and faces her, trying to straighten his wind-blown silver-gray hair as he does so. "Well, we'll probably do some shopping. Wanna join us for a bit before we leave town?"

Before Avandra can respond, Ma steps in between the two. "Now don't you go make the goodbyes harder than it has to. You two had plenty of time last night to say your goodbyes. So git before the group leaves you here and we're stuck with you for the rest of your life. Come along, Avandra." Ma turns to go, hiding the tears that are starting to well up in her eyes. Avandra starts to follow, before turning and running up to Lil Elion and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "You be safe now, Lil Johnn, and you come back to us. To me." She does less to hide her tears, and they flow freely down her rosy cheeks as she turns and races to catch up to Ma.

Johnn stands there and watches them wander off, before returning to the group with uncharacteristically slow and sullen steps. However, as soon as he sees the comrades, he hops a bit and gives them a big, if a bit fake, grin. "So, shall we go see what the halflings have for us?" Before the group can respond, Johnn is off and heading toward the merchants.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-24, 04:38 PM
"Aye lad, lets go see wut they got." Traulnauk says as he follows Johnn.

They have a varied selection of fine goods. I also decided to give you guys a little more platinum to work with (150 as opposed to 60). If you want something just ask me and I'll tell you if they have it. Grom negotiated a 20% discount for you all.

noggenfogger
2010-07-24, 11:33 PM
Hayden walks off behind Traulnauk towards the haflings wondering to himself just what might be useful to us...

noggenfogger
2010-07-26, 12:14 AM
Hayden wanders amongst the hafling merchants running scenarios over in his head, thinking about ambush tactics and battle flow. What here might be useful when we storm their lair, I wonder?... He stops every so often to examine a fine blade or a queer smelling vial of liquid.

I'm planning on flipping through the PFHB and looking for some useful sundries, but have not yet had the chance.

VinGoodman
2010-07-26, 12:39 AM
As the group meets with the halfling merchants, Johnn asks about the wand of curing healer-man Traulnauk was commenting about. "I don't know that there's much more we'd need. I've got my backpack chokeful of goodies already." He looks to his comrades to see if there's anything here that interests them.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-26, 12:12 PM
"Lookit here, here be the wand I wanted lads. Only six 'undred gold too. Whud ya say? Shall we get it?" Traulnauk says, holding it up questionably.

noggenfogger
2010-07-26, 03:38 PM
Hayden unconciously rubs the long scar on his chest then looks over at Traulnauk and says "I'm all for it."

Hayden resumes examining vials of liquid. Picking up one, he asks the shop keeper, "Is this a potion of Mage Armor?"

EternalMelon
2010-07-26, 06:09 PM
"Don't bother with those. I'll get some sort of wand for that,"Etzeil says. He walks over to the wands and picks a couple up, inspecting them. Then putting them all but two down looking satisfied. "Ill take these two, a wand of mage armor, and one of sleep."

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-26, 06:33 PM
Traulnauk counts out the 60 platinum pieces and hands them to the halfling, taking the wand and tucking it into his belt.

"That will be twelve hundred GP, hot stuff." says the female halfling, winking at Etzeil.

EternalMelon
2010-07-26, 09:11 PM
"Well you must be looking in a mirror cause the only 'hot stuff' I see is you" Etzeil smiles his most dashing smile."Charm Person." He says as his palm and ring glow purple as he casts his spell.
That seemed a clunky way to word spell casting :smallsigh:
Cast one Charm Person.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-27, 12:19 AM
The halfling smiles at you while you talk, a flirtatious grin on her face. She blushes and looks away at your comment. Her expression turns less than pleasant when you cast charm person, she clearly made her will save. She snatches back the wands and then points the wand of sleep at Etzeil, activating it. Suddenly your eyes grow heavy and you just... wanna... lay... down...

Soon enough Etzeil is curled up on the ground, snoozing away. "Try and use magic on me! Hero of Beaumont. Bah! Teach me to trust a gnome. Get him out of here. Now!" she yells, as you wonder how such a small halfling can have such a loud and shrill voice.

Rolled your save for you milky, and I got a natural one :smallamused: Just thought I'd move things along and roll it myself. For the most part you will be rolling your own saves.

VinGoodman
2010-07-27, 12:33 AM
Great. What a nice way to start our heroic journey. He quickly moves to lead the merchant aside, trying to smooth things over. With his best smile aimed at the halfling, Lil Elion palms a couple platinum pieces and passes it over surreptitiously. "That was really stupid of him. Please don't mind him. We're trying to teach him better manners. Really. Sorry for making you waste a bit of the wand to teach him the lesson. And a lesson he well needed, too. Tell you what. Just tell Ma over at the bakery shop Lil Elion owes you one, and she'll set you up with some of the best bread you'll have ever tasted." With a grin and a wink, he adds in a whisper, "and if you see the most lovely assistant Avandra there, you tell her Lil Elion can't wait to come back and sweep her off her feet. I'll really owe you one then."

Then, stepping back and rejoining the group, Johnn picks Etzeil and hefts him onto a shoulder. "Again, sorry for his poor manners. No hard feelings, eh?" Turning to the group, he tries to be nonchalant about it all. "Let's get going. I'd hate to dally to long and have the raiders move on somewhere else." With quick and easy strides, Johnn (and Etzeil) are off in the direction of the raiders as the Elder's spell pointed.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-27, 12:51 AM
She snorts at you dismissively and waves her hand at you in a 'get out of here' motion.

With that little fiasco behind you all you finally make your way towards the edge of town, following the blue glowing line. The day is still a nice day, but off in the distance you can see storm clouds moving in and hear the rumble of thunder. The walk is fairly long, but it is easy going.

Its been two hours now and the rain starts to fall, the lightning lighting up the sky and the thunder vibrating your ribcage. You start to think now that it probably would of been a good idea to ask how far it was... Soon enough though you come upon a clearing next to a cliff. About 100 feet away two half-ogres stand guard outside a rough hewn (is that even a word? oh well you get what i mean) stone doorway. They don't seem to have noticed you yet.

VinGoodman
2010-07-27, 01:22 PM
Lil Elion looks at his friends. "Well, here goes nothing." Johnn loads up his sling and moves to the left a bit while keeping out of sight. He rubs the ring for luck as he does so, invoking the ring in the process and imbuing himself with a touch of extra protection.

Once he's sure the guards are still unaware of him, Lil Elion grins, steps out into the clear, fires a slingshot at the hammer-wielding half-ogre, and starts to reload the sling. Come on...come and get me...

Prep (move and load) while keeping out of sight. Then, surprise round (standard action only): 5' step (free), shot (standard) and "start to reload sling" (free-he's not actually loading, just trying to look like he's about to).

Attack 1d20+7-2 (-2 range penalty)
Damage [roll0]

Initiative [roll1]

VinGoodman
2010-07-27, 01:23 PM
ooc Oops. Rerolling the Attack roll.

Attack [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-07-27, 01:24 PM
ooc Oops AGAIN. Rerolling the Attack roll.

Attack [roll0]

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-27, 01:56 PM
The surprise round is still going for everyone else. Feel free to move forward or take any other actions you want. Like taking pot shots at them. After all your actions we shall move forward.

Traulnauk shakes his head at Lil Johnn as he moves forward. Shrugging he takes out his javelin and sends one flying at the other half-ogre. "For the All-Father!"

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
You guys won't believe it, but I just rolled instant death.

Traulnauk's aim was true. The javelin flies through the air, and catches the unaware half-ogre in the face, killing him instantly and pinning him up against the cliff face.

The sling bullet whizzes wide of its intended target and hits the cliff face, chipping off some rocks and making an audible crack-smack. The half-ogre wielding the hammer snaps to attention, surveying the tree line and spots Elion. "Adventurers! Alert command. I'll take care of these foolish PCs." he yells out to his companion, as he hefts his large spiked hammer into his hands. He looks to his left, seeing his companion skewered through the face he mutters some curses in gnomish then takes a five foot step to the right and retreats back into the corridor.

noggenfogger
2010-07-27, 05:25 PM
Hayden draws his sword and readies his shield, then starts running towards the remaining half-orge screaming wildly.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-27, 08:05 PM
Everyone can act normally now. There is no combat as of yet. Hammer time ogre retreated back into the corridor.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-27, 09:28 PM
Traulnauk strolls up to the half-ogre that is kindly holding his javelin for him, but is unable to retrieve it since the half-ogre stood at nearly seven feet tall. "Ach, little help laddies. Lilith dinna see fit ta bestow me wit lengthery limbs." says Traulnauk. Then, to whoever so kindly helps him out he adds "Ahh thank ya laddy." After wiping off the brains and blood, Traulnauk replaces the javelin. Walking over to the entrance, you peer inside the surprisingly dark corridor and cannot see a thing. You hear the half-ogre shouting in gnomish, telling his comrades to get their rears in gear, the PCs are here.

Darkvision
Those with darkvision can see the half-ogre with the hammer, about sixty feet in. His back is turned and he is waving his free hand, trying to rally his comrades.

noggenfogger
2010-07-27, 11:23 PM
Seeing the second orge flee, Hayden stops screaming and sheaths his sword. Once at the orges with Traulnauk, he pulls the javelin from the orge and hads it to him. "Here you go."

Hearing the orge's shout he turns to his companions and asks "So, wait out here, or charge in? I vote we wait out here - the door should give us a bit of a choke point to work with."

VinGoodman
2010-07-27, 11:32 PM
Johnn makes his way to the entrance and curses at the darkness of the cave. "Why don't they have torches to light the way in there?"

Itching to get in there and mix it up but stayed by the inability to see into the cave, Lil Johnn sighs. "Keep an eye out and let me know if you see anyone coming out, will ya?" He begins rummaging through the fallen ogre, seeing if he has anything interesting on him.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-28, 12:22 AM
"They may not wanna come out though laddy. We're the only ones that wanna git in. I think I canna help with the inability to see though." Traulnauk says as he pulls out a couple javelins. "Light." he says, then the javelins start glowing. He takes a few steps inside the corridor and hurls the javelins in quick secession.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The two javelins fly through the air, one catching the half-ogre in the shoulder the other travels past and lodges itself in the wall. The half-ogre yells in pain and charges at Traulnauk, the light from the javelins making the shadows dance sporadically. Traulnauk easily dodges the slow but powerful downward smash.

Initiative everybody.

Lil Johnn
You find amongst the half-ogres belongings a single blue-purple potion, sixteen gold pieces, twenty-three silver pieces and thirteen copper pieces. There are also two finely made kukris.

noggenfogger
2010-07-28, 02:14 AM
Hayden draws his sword as he sees the javelin go flying.

Initiative [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-07-28, 09:02 AM
"Interesting...Let's see what els...HEY!" Johnn reacts to the charging ogre as his hands reach for the falchion. Quicker than the eye can see, the hand blurs, and the falchion is before him and poised to strike.

VinGoodman
2010-07-28, 09:03 AM
ooc Initiative: [roll0]

EternalMelon
2010-07-28, 10:54 AM
Etzeil sadly grabs his dagger, not ready for battle so soon.
[roll0]

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-28, 01:39 PM
The half-ogre gives a guttural growl as hey hefts up his hammer again and prepares for another strike.

The half-ogre is standing in the doorway, Traulnauk is directly in from of him and Johnn is directly to the right of Traulnauk. Hayden is directly to Traulnauk's left, and Etzeil is a few feet behind him.

Initiative order:
Etzeil/Hayden
Traulnauk
Half-ogre
Lil Johnn

noggenfogger
2010-07-28, 02:48 PM
Hayden swings a vicious blow at the orge with his longsword.

Applying Power Attack:

Attack roll: 1d20+7-1
Damage, if needed: 1d8+4+2

noggenfogger
2010-07-28, 02:52 PM
For a split second Hayden's sword doesn't move. Then he remembers, I actually needs swing my sword to attack. He lets fly his vicious strike
since multiplus/minus broke the roller, here we go again

[roll0]
[roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-28, 03:33 PM
Hayden's strike hits true, stabbing into the half-ogre's underarm. He lets out another guttural growl-scream and hefts his hammer up over his head.

Etzeil takes aim with one of his daggers, lining up a throw then releases it sending it at the ogre.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Traulnauk deftly unleashes a flurry of strikes, his movements a blur.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

VinGoodman
2010-07-28, 03:59 PM
Johnn steps to the side of the ogre and strikes with the falchion.

ooc Attack [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

He feels the blade cut deep, and looks to the ogre's face a moment to see how he's holding up. Come on...fall...

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-28, 04:24 PM
The ogre cries out enraged, and makes a powerful backhanded swipe at Hayden then bites at him angrily. He is clearly not looking so hot, but still has a lot of life left in him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hayden ducks below the powerful blow, then smashes the half-ogre in the face with his shield as he tries to bite at him.

EternalMelon
2010-07-29, 10:26 AM
"Hey you stupid half breed. You have half a brain and are a half blooded rat," Etzeil yells at him. Trying to get him to look at the color spray hes about to use. "Another person looking at me, lets hope i don't get back fired again," His palm and ring glow again, as colors spray out at the ogre. "Terrible insult too, today isn't my day."

Use one color spray.

noggenfogger
2010-07-29, 05:17 PM
If the color spray doesn't finish off the orge, Hayden takes another swing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

VinGoodman
2010-07-29, 09:55 PM
Lil Elion was most unhappy his strike did not take down the ogre. However, he brightens a moment later as Ezteil acts. While he manuevers, Johnn sees a flash of color streak by, and knows it for Ezteil's signature spell, having seen it in action during their last heroic engagement. Excited, Johnn follows on the heel of the spell, continuing around the ogre to gain a flanking position, and strikes at the vitals!

ooc Johnn circles another step and strikes with the falchion (should be around him now for flanking: +2 to hit and sneak attack)!

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2]

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-30, 02:09 PM
The multi-colored spray of color dazzles the half-ogre for a second but it seems to have no effect. The half-ogre roars in anger, hefting up his hammer for another swing. His actions are cut short though as Elion flanks the half-ogre and stabs then twists the blade, making blood start coming out of his mouth. He falls to one knee, trying to keep going but succumbs to his wounds and falls flat on his face, blood pooling around him.

Traulnauk quickly plucks the glowing javelin out of the half-ogre and flings it down the hallway, catching a half-orc in the throat that was about to sneak attack Lil Johnn. He falls to the ground, lips trying to scream but the only thing that escapes his mouth is a gurgle and a river of blood. "Och, gotta watch yur back laddy. Now lets git and drive these vermin from their den of evil."

You guys won't believe it, but I rolled Traulnauk's attack here at home just so I wouldn't have to edit anything in and I got a natural 20, then a 19. It seems the dice gods love me when I roll for Traulnauk, but then when I roll for the bad guys they can't hit the broadside of a barn. Anyways, combat over. Each of you take 200xp for the half-ogre killed.

VinGoodman
2010-07-30, 02:17 PM
Johnn wipes the sweat off the brow when he sees the fallen half-orc behind him. He grins at Traulnauk, "I knew it was a good thing when you said you'd come along."

He sorts through the two new bodies and gathers up the goodies, adding them to the stuff gathered from the first fallen body. "Let's see if we can use any of this against them."

ooc I feel like Haley for some reason...

Party loot thus far (Lil Elion is holding on to them, but I'm pretty sure he won't run away with it all...I think.):
...a single blue-purple potion, sixteen gold pieces, twenty-three silver pieces and thirteen copper pieces. There are also two finely made kukris.

...a silvery blue ring on his finger, a belt pouch filled with forty gold pieces and a very pretty amulet around his neck.

...a masterwork shortsword, a masterwork buckler, three gold, fifteen silver and twenty-five copper pieces. He is also wearing some blood soaked masterwork studded leather.

Sorting things out:
59 gp
38 sp
38 cp
blue-purple potion
2 finely made kukris
silvery blue ring
very pretty amulet
masterwork shortsword
masterwork buckler
blood soaked masterwork studded leather

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-30, 02:39 PM
Searching the half-orcs corpse you find a masterwork shortsword, a masterwork buckler, three gold, fifteen silver and twenty-five copper pieces. He is also wearing some blood soaked masterwork studded leather.

EternalMelon
2010-07-30, 02:40 PM
"Here, let me see them, ill check for magical enchantments." Etzeil walks over to Johnn and takes the jewlery. On his way he kicks the ogres corpse and says"Thats for making your will save, I knew I should of put in the extra Incantation."

Taking the loot he says "And Etzeil says 'Let there be magic sight.'"
Cast Identify on all the loot we can put in the range (Its cone shaped, I think. 16 save DC :smalltongue:)

VinGoodman
2010-07-30, 02:46 PM
While Ezteil does his magic, Johnn keeps his eyes and ears peeled for anything coming from within the cave.

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-30, 02:49 PM
Your magic reveals that the ring is a Ring of Heroes' Resilience (+1 deflection, +1 to saves) and the amulet is an Amulet of Natural Armor +1. The potion is a Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds.

VinGoodman
2010-07-30, 02:57 PM
"Ooh, nice ring!" Elion comments as he eagerly (and greedily) puts it on. He leaves the other stuff for others to stow away.

Once everyone picked out what they want to carry, Johnn stows the rest of the stuff away and motions to the others. "Let's not waste time here, come on!"

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-30, 03:17 PM
"Aye lad, thar vermin are prolly all hol'd up and ready for us now. Let us steel our nerves before battle and pray to Methos fur victory this day." says Traulnauk as he sits down cross legged, assuming the Buddha-like meditating pose, mumbling a prayer to Methos. After a few moments, he gets back up and says, "So, lads, who be wannin' ta go first?"

noggenfogger
2010-07-30, 03:37 PM
Putting on the amulet, Hayden responds "I'll take point. There's a reason I put all my points into extra HP. Besides, it'll give me a chance to try out this fancy new amulet."

Edit: Typo

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-30, 05:03 PM
Our adventurers are ready to go, with their new loot safely put away. You make your way down the hallway, Traulnauk holding up one of the glowing javelins. About eighty feet down the hallway there is an open doorway to the left. There is a lot of commotion inside. You hear several loud crashing noises, along with a lot of yelling in gnomish. It seems our hosts are ready for their guests.

So, what do you guys do?

VinGoodman
2010-07-30, 09:04 PM
Lil Elion moves most stealthily down the corridor and takes a peek into the room.

ooc Stealth [roll0]

It's worth mentioning now that Lil Elion has the Trap Spotter rogue ability/talent, which means he gets a roll when he's within 10' of a trap to notice it. It's a passive search - he doesn't have to "slow down" or declare he's looking for it. He's perception for trapfinding is +14, and you'll probably want to roll this without me seeing whether I failed the roll or not.

noggenfogger
2010-07-30, 10:11 PM
Hayden starts moving down the hallway, his hand reaching into his pouch and readying the caltrops.

How wide is the hall, and how wide is the doorway?

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-31, 07:33 PM
Lil Johnn sees a about a dozen half-orcs and a gnome preparing the room to try and repel the adventurers. Tables overturned, archers behind them. Longspear wielding half-orcs standing ready a few feet in front of the door. The gnome is barking out orders, hands waving about directing the half-orcs. The gnome spots Lil Johnn peeking around the corner, then raises one hand and in gnomish yells "Fire!" The half-orcs send a hail of arrows at Lil Johnn.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Every single arrow the half-orcs sent Lil Johnn's way miss their intended target and clatter into the wall, some biting into the wall, others falling to the ground.

EternalMelon
2010-07-31, 07:47 PM
"Lets lead this fight to us." Etzeil says, casting his magic.

Cast Grease inside the room by the door.

VinGoodman
2010-07-31, 08:06 PM
Man, I thought I was plenty quiet, too. Lil Elion calls out "Yikes," and pitter-patters out 30' and then most quietly returns by the door with his falchion ready to strike the first idiot to come around the corner.

ooc Stealth on the 30' return. [roll0]

Goblinsplitter
2010-07-31, 08:11 PM
When/if Johnn peeks around the corner again, the orcs let out with another hail of arrows.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

VinGoodman
2010-07-31, 08:39 PM
ooc I was going to say Lil Elion is no idiot, and was just waiting for them to give chase. But, those are AWFUL rolls!

noggenfogger
2010-08-01, 03:01 PM
Hayden draws his longsword. "We need some way to draw them out here. Failing that, I can charge if I've got backup," he says quickly to his companions.

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-01, 06:59 PM
The commotion in the other room finally settles down and goes quiet. It isn't too long before they start throwing alchemist fire into the hallway. Four of them come flying through the doorway and smash open on the ground and wall, sending fiery debris everywhere.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The flasks of alchemist fire splash on Lil Johnn a little, burning him slightly.

Take 4 points of damage from the alchemist fire.

VinGoodman
2010-08-01, 10:12 PM
Lil Elion sighs and backs up a bit. "Should we try charging in?"

ooc A reminder, I'm out for the week. Posting erratic.

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-02, 01:31 PM
"That looks to be our only option. Who be going first?" Traulnauk says, scratching his chin.

noggenfogger
2010-08-02, 02:06 PM
"I am." Hayden charges into the room screaming wildly, doing his best to dodge the fire.

Initiative: [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-08-02, 07:42 PM
"Hey, don't hog all the fun!" Elion called as he follows Hayden.

ooc Initiative [roll0]

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-02, 09:27 PM
Hayden charges around the corner, meeting several longspear wielding half-orcs. One of them calls out "AoO for the win."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

One of the half-orc's strike hits home, stabbing into Hayden's leg. 13 damage

Initiative
Lil Johnn 17
Traulnauk 15
Etzeil 14 (rolled for you)
Hayden 12
Bad Guys 10

VinGoodman
2010-08-02, 10:07 PM
ooc Technically, if this is the "first round" of combat, they can't execute the AOO yet. They are considered flat-footed until their first round action. Of course, we've been doing stuff that's combat like, so this could be considered several rounds in. It's one of those fuzzy "let's leave it for the DM" kind of moments.

Anyways. Back to scheduled programming.

Lil Elion jumps out from behind Hayden and charges into the longspear wielding half-orcs. "Time to dance with the blades!"

ooc Swinging at one of them.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-03, 01:13 AM
Traulnauk charges into the fray, kicking and punching at a half orc.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

noggenfogger
2010-08-03, 03:26 AM
Hayden swings at the half-orc who stabbed him. "HOW'S THIS FOR AN AOO!!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

EternalMelon
2010-08-03, 08:53 AM
Well, my plan failed. TASTE THE RAINBOW
Cast Color spray on the group enemy's that aren't engaged in melee with the party, Archers, orcs on the other side.

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-03, 10:11 PM
Etzeil activates his wand of Mage Armor, a blue-ish force field surrounds him.

The half-orcs with longspears drop them, and take out falchions. They swing away at our intrepid adventurers. The archers take aim and fire into the melee with expert precision.

Hayden
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Lil Johnn
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

Traulnauk
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Etzeil
[roll10]
[roll11]

The room turns into a chaotic battlefield. Our adventurers start off by landing several good licks, nearly felling them in a single blow. The half-orcs wildy slash at our heroes. One of them making a lucky swing, cutting a deep gash into Hayden's right thigh. The archers manage a few lucky shots as well. One arrow manages to find a chink in Elion's armor, lodging itself into his neck, right at the collarbone. Another arrow catches Etzeil in his shoulder, almost knocking him to the ground.

Damage
Hayden
1 crit for 22

Lil Johnn
1 crit for 19

Etzeil
1 arrow for 11

Sorry guys... it was inevitable though that I roll above an 11. Just didn't imagine I'd get two criticals. Healbot activate!

VinGoodman
2010-08-03, 11:23 PM
ooc This is why autocrit is so bad for PC's. They face many, many more attacks than their enemies. Lil Elion will be buying Fortification armor ASAP. Down to 8 HP. And, not that I want to die, but arrows have x3 multiplier. Wasn't sure if you did that or the x2. Let me know if Lil Elion is still standing, and I'll act after that.

noggenfogger
2010-08-04, 08:27 AM
11 HP here. Yea, that *hurt*. Also, unless I missed it, now that we can see - how many are we up against?

Hayden, staggering from that vicious critical takes aim and swings at a nearby orc.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-05, 02:39 PM
Traulnauk hustles over to Lil Johnn and casts cure light wounds, healing him for 9 points. Etzeil casts grease, covering the archers bows in an oily, goopy substance. The archers are unable to maintain their grips and drop their bows. They flee back deeper into the complex. Both Lil Johnn and Hayden's blow hit home, killing the severely wounded orcs. The two remaining orcs move to attack Traulnauk.

Attacks of Opportunity Hayden. Two of them.

noggenfogger
2010-08-06, 09:37 AM
As the orcs pass through his threatened squares, Hayden thinks to himself I loves me some Combat Reflexes as he lets forth two vicious blows at the orcs.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-06, 10:20 PM
The two half-orcs converge on Traulnauk. Traulnauk spins around, instinctively chopping out with his free hand, crushing one of the half-orcs wind pipe. The last half-orc is decapitated by Lil Johnn as he moves in on Traulnauk. His head goes flying, landing on its side at the half-orcs feet. His body falls to its knees, blood spurting out of the stub of his neck, some of it splashing on on our courageous adventurers.

Lil Johnn grits his teeth and yanks out the arrow lodge in his neck, a fountain of blood gushing from the wound. Traulnauk snaps off the back end of the arrow stuck in Etzeil's shoulder "Better brace yourself lad." Traulnauk says. He then punches the arrow through his shoulder, coming out the other side. "Sorry lad... It was the only way." Traulnauk sets about using the wand on everyone, healing you all until you're at full health again.

noggenfogger
2010-08-07, 09:27 PM
"Much better. Thanks Traulnauk."

VinGoodman
2010-08-07, 10:21 PM
"Whew." Lil Elion swings his falchion a bit, making sure all's well again. "Thanks indeed! Now where to?" Elion looks over the dropped bows. He picks them up and tries the pull of each, keeping the one with the strongest pull. Then, he looks about for some arrows to go with the bow. "Everyone feel up to moving on and rooting more of them out of here?" As he waits for everyone's responses, he starts rummaging over the bodies and look around the room.

ooc Speak up now, or more mischief shall ensue!

noggenfogger
2010-08-08, 06:20 PM
"Definitely, but first," Hayden rummages through the discarded equipment for another bow. "I want me one of those," he says as he's rummaging.

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-09, 04:47 PM
"No problem lads, thats what I'm 'ere for." says Traulnauk as he tidies himself up. He goes over to a table in the corner of the room and picks up a bag, smelling it. He opens it up and looks inside, taking out a small black pouch. Opening it up he says "Och, lads looky here. Must be five 'undred platinum in 'ere. I think this bag be a bag of holding too. It looks awfully big in thar."

Among the corpses and various containers in the room you find the following:
Masterwork Longspears (4)
Masterwork Falchions (4)
Masterwork Composite Longbows (4, Strength 16)
Blue-Purple Potion (4)
Burnt Orange Potion (2)
Clear Sparkle-y Potion
Bag
Obsidian Ring

After all the loot is gathered and safely stowed in the bag of holding, you hear a shout from outside "Hayden! Help! This half-ogre is crazy!"

Hayden
You recognize the voice as your brother Andrew. It seems he has followed you on your adventure.

EternalMelon
2010-08-09, 08:06 PM
"Now What do we have hear?"
Gather loot together, cast Identify.

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-09, 09:09 PM
Magic Items
Potion of Cure light wounds (4)
Potion of Bulll's Strength (2)
Potion of Invisibility
Bag of Holding (Type 4)
Ring of Sustenance

Traulnauk picks up the ring and puts it on, then smells it. "This will be good f'r me. I hate eating anyways."

VinGoodman
2010-08-11, 10:34 PM
"Perfect! Just what we need!" With the new bow slung and the new falchion in hand, Johnn grabs some of the potions and takes a step after the fleeing foes. The shout from the outside stays him. "What's this!?" Elion races back out the cave to see what the fuss is about.

ooc Grabs a potion of cure light wounds and a potion of invisibility. Running out to the mouth of the cave where the shout appears to come from.

noggenfogger
2010-08-12, 07:22 PM
Hearing his brother's voice, but suspicious none the less, Hayden dashes outside with his sword ready.

"Andrew! What the hell are you doing here?!" Hayden cries as he starts making his way up the stairs.

EternalMelon
2010-08-12, 10:23 PM
Etzeil runs up the stairs, stopping breifly to pick up a potion of cure light wounds.

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-13, 01:32 AM
You all run outside, the half-ogre that had the hammer is up on his feat again swinging away at Andrew. The half-ogre's blow smashes Andrew's shield, knocking him to the ground. Then he lifts up his hammer, preparing for another strike. Andrew lashes out from his prone position, smashing the half-ogre's knee with his warhammer.

Initiative everyone

VinGoodman
2010-08-13, 01:55 AM
"I thought we took you down already?" Elion charges the creature, hoping to keep it down once and for all.

ooc Initiative [roll0]

EternalMelon
2010-08-13, 09:20 AM
Doesn't look like a zombie...

noggenfogger
2010-08-13, 03:31 PM
"So did I!"

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-13, 06:33 PM
Initiative order
Etzeil 18
Hayden 10
Half-ogre 8
Lil Johnn 8

EternalMelon
2010-08-13, 09:44 PM
"Here, I will make you blind to the humiliation of a second defeat. Taste the rainbow!"

Color spray on the half ogre. Save DC 16

noggenfogger
2010-08-14, 10:03 PM
"And stay down!" Hayden swings.

[roll0][roll1]

VinGoodman
2010-08-14, 10:37 PM
Lil Elion adds a swing of the newly acquired falchion to the skirmish.

ooc Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-16, 09:20 PM
Etzeil dashes to the fore front, casting color spray as a fountain of color and tasty little candy springs forth from his hands. The half-ogre is dazed for a second but seems to be unaffected. Several of the little candies land in his open mouth and he almost chokes on them, then starts chewing them happily. "Mmm tasty rainbow... Omnomnomnom." Hayden charges at the half-ogre, landing a powerful blow across his back, the majority of it is deflected by his armor. Lil Johnn deftly makes his way up to the half-ogre, swinging simultaneously with the half-ogre. Each of their blows land home, almost pushing Lil Johnn to the ground.

Color spray has no effect. Hayden's attack misses but Lil Johnn's hits. Lil Johnn is hit for 8 damage

VinGoodman
2010-08-21, 02:59 PM
"Gah! Hold still and let me get another shot in, will ya?" Lil Elion deftly manuevers and takes another swing at the foe.

ooc Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

noggenfogger
2010-08-29, 10:40 PM
Little bugger. Why can't you stay dead? Hayden punctuates this thought by taking another swing.

"Andrew what in the gods' blazing hells are ya doin' here?" Well, talking is a free action...

Power Attack, -1/+2
ATK: [roll0]
DMG: [roll1]

EternalMelon
2010-08-30, 03:49 PM
"Those were my sugar covered snacks"
Throw dagger
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2010-08-31, 01:01 AM
Only Lil Elion's blow lands home. Well, the only blow to land on the half-ogre... Which causes a great shot of pain, as Lil Johnn adds another cut to the already many wounds he has sustained. The half-ogre hefts up his hammer and prepares another strike at Lil Johnn. He lands a crushing blow across Johnn's chest, knocking the wind from his lungs.

Etzeil's natural 1 on attack resulted in Hayden ever so nicely catching the dagger with the back of his knee. 4 damage to Hayden. And... Lil Johnn takes an almost max damage hammer blow to the chest for 17 damage. ouch :smallannoyed::smallbiggrin::smallcool:

noggenfogger
2010-09-01, 10:05 PM
Feeling the hot sear of the dagger sinking into his knee, Hayden screams out in pain. Ok, that, that hurts. Breathing through the pain, he takes another swing at the ogre.

No power attack, since it hates me.
[roll0]
[roll1]