PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun: ..so I kind of lost two limbs....

iElf
2010-07-24, 07:34 AM
the story is as follows:

our group was shadowing a group people, who were 4 of 10 leaders of a mafia like group. they had organised a fake meeting after they found out that we had been shadowing them, but didn't count on us finding out that it was a trap...so we decided to double bluff them , and set up some obvious looking surveillance equipment at the site of the meeting...what we didn't count on.,especially my character ( the infiltration expert gun slinger adept) , was that they had a lot fater than us... my character stepped on a mine, and had her main arm and leg blown off. we can't afford gene therapy, but cyberlimbs are cheep,but cost 1 essence apiece. so one of the other characters handed me a note, saying that his charcter carried a strain of HMHVV that would turn my elf changeling into a banshee, which have regenerative powers...

I have no idea what to do, and rerolling is out of the question...

can anyone help me make my decision please?

Vizzerdrix
2010-07-24, 07:43 AM
Make a deal with Organ leggers, a street Doc, or some ghouls and hope to not get boned (PROTIP! offer them all the cyberware and organs from your kills that you can safely "salvage" for a few months). Or see if the group is willing to do a run on a med lab for you.

If you have the reputation for it, you can also offer to go into debt with a Johnson or a Corp. I don't advise this action. Ghouls will at least be honest with wanting to kill you.

Before getting infected with Banshee ask the DM if he's okay with it, and if not what course would be preferred without resorting to hardware.

Delivery Ninja
2010-07-24, 07:53 AM
Augmentation, p.127. A single replacement limb costs 21,000 nuyen, and there's zero essence loss.

No matter what, don't take the HMHVV option. Not only will you have to devote pretty much all your incoming karma to paying off the cost of the Banshee quality, (130 karma,) the virus itself will lower your Essence and Magic both down to 1. You'll wind up losing a lot more than you gain.

Theodoriph
2010-07-24, 08:23 AM
Get a discount doctor to re-attach them. Change your last name to McGregg...and then have your party members say:

Well if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGregg—with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg

kjones
2010-07-24, 09:20 AM
Did you salvage the limbs? Or are they little pieces of flesh? If you still have 'em, and you kept them on ice or something, you can probably get them re-attached. If not - Delivery Ninja has the answer.

And if that cost is too steep - well, just start thinking to yourself where you could find some nice fresh limbs...

iElf
2010-07-24, 09:37 AM
I'll probably go for asking our johnson for a loan, as my character has about 3000 nuyen on her( the GM keeps us broke a lot) the limbs are completely unsalvageable, and she only just avoided death by burning her only edge point...and she'll be hospitalised for at least week or so too (7000 nuyen for a week of intensive care...)