PDA

View Full Version : Another tech help thread [Vista, USB problems]

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-24, 08:58 AM
All of a sudden my laptop has stopped recognising a USB device (Nintendo DS Action Replay to be precise). It worked fine until now and all of a sudden every time I plug it in I get a "USB Device Not Recognised" pop-up whenever I plug it in.

Much Googling has failed to produce a working solution (I've reset the computer, deleted the USB drivers, done something with a file called INFCACHE.1, re-installed the device software, system restore etc.) and nothing has worked.

All my other USB stuff still works fine, and it's not the particular USB port because that works with other stuff.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
K-B

Dispozition
2010-07-24, 09:05 AM
My USB was doing something similar. There was a work around that worked for me and a few friends who had the same thing, but I won't say it's universal.

If you open explorer (windows + E) and select the drive from the side bar it should open and then you're golden. Of course, this may not be applicable in the slightest.

factotum
2010-07-24, 09:47 AM
Have you tested the device on a different machine? It might be the device itself which has gone faulty.