PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Save-or-Die/Suck with Spell Resistance: No?

Warclam
2010-07-24, 01:29 PM
Lately, I've been pondering methods of fixing/nerfing magic. Not to get into details, especially since this would belong over in homebrew, one involves heavy modification to spell resistance in order to thwart save-or-X spells except against an already weakened monster.

However, this is clearly useless in the face of nasty spells that ignore spell resistance. So, before I bother thinking anymore, what SR: No debilitating spells are there that totally undermine my idea? :smallwink:

Douglas
2010-07-24, 01:39 PM
Glitterdust, for one.

Greenish
2010-07-24, 01:42 PM
Orb of Fire.

Jack_Simth
2010-07-24, 01:47 PM
Lately, I've been pondering methods of fixing/nerfing magic. Not to get into details, especially since this would belong over in homebrew, one involves heavy modification to spell resistance in order to thwart save-or-X spells except against an already weakened monster.

However, this is clearly useless in the face of nasty spells that ignore spell resistance. So, before I bother thinking anymore, what SR: No debilitating spells are there that totally undermine my idea? :smallwink:

Core?
Grease
Glitterdust
Web
Pyrotechnics
Stinking Cloud
Sleet Storm (sort of)
Black Tentacles (sort of)
Solid Fog (sort of)
Cloudkill
Wall of Stone
Acid Fog
Incindiary Cloud
Certain circumstances: Trap the Soul

Glimbur
2010-07-24, 01:48 PM
Stinking Cloud. Black Tentacles (not actually a save, but still mean). Cloudkill... is nice for killing mooks or wearing down bigger stuff, but not actually awesome.

Warclam
2010-07-24, 01:54 PM
Thank you, that works nicely. Back to the drawing board. Maybe borrow wording from AMF....

The Glyphstone
2010-07-24, 01:57 PM
Open a thread in Homebrew with some details and maybe we can help?

Warclam
2010-07-24, 02:24 PM
Open a thread in Homebrew with some details and maybe we can help?

Good idea, it is done (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161511).