PDA

View Full Version : Number of lvl 20chars (3.5)

Balor01
2010-07-24, 04:28 PM
I am currently DMing a monster campaign (Savage species) and players are facing low lvl advenurers (and peasants), which brought up the following question: How many adventurers/characters of what lvl are out there in a average D&D world?

Adventuring is dangerous business a few first lvls, but what then?

Surely there are challenges for lvl 20 fighter, but nothing in MM1 is a challenge for an optimised lvl 20 wizard duelist, who at such levels of power IMHO finds interesting things only in Sigil and leaves this puny generic world behind anyway.

I think that I should for a while let my monster charcters face seriously underpowered human/Imperial forces. Only slaughter of great magnitude will bring in + lvl 6 adventurers and in great number. Once there is a significant pest to kill out there, medium-lvl adventurers should IMHO trip over each other in an attempt to track down and kill these famous-in-a-negative-way monsters.

What do you think of distribution of adventurers/characters in an average D&D world?

Party is currently lvl 3.

Jack_Simth
2010-07-24, 04:35 PM
I am currently DMing a monster campaign (Savage species) and players are facing low lvl advenurers (and peasants), which brought up the following question: How many adventurers/characters of what lvl are out there in a average D&D world?

Adventuring is dangerous business a few first lvls, but what then?

Surely there are challenges for lvl 20 fighter, but nothing in MM1 is a challenge for an optimised lvl 20 wizard duelist, who at such levels of power IMHO finds interesting things only in Sigil and leaves this puny generic world behind anyway.

I think that I should for a while let my monster charcters face seriously underpowered human/Imperial forces. Only slaughter of great magnitude will bring in + lvl 6 adventurers and in great number. Once there is a significant pest to kill out there, medium-lvl adventurers should IMHO trip over each other in an attempt to track down and kill these famous-in-a-negative-way monsters.

What do you think of distribution of adventurers/characters in an average D&D world?

Party is currently lvl 3.Pull out the Dungeon Master's Guide. Look up the method for figuring out how many people of a given level are in a Metropolis.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-24, 06:08 PM
This really depends on what you mean by "average." Every setting has its epic spellcasters and awesome heroes, some more than others.